• This topic is locked This topic is locked
70 replies to this topic
Shootinalloveryourface
  • Shootinalloveryourface

No 1 Panto Crew in the World PIGS

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:25 PM

I get the logic behind it... Identify who's shooting the place up and who's calm and chilling.

However, actually implementing a system that works to achieve that in a GTA game would always be a challenge.

They didn't pull it off. For me it's just pointless, and adds an extra layer to free roam that in it's current form just isn't needed.

ElementL09
  • ElementL09

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:53 PM

Its looks great on paper but it was just poorly implemented.

An apparent issue with it is when you kill npcs, you color changes.  What the mental state should do is just change colors when you kill other player.  Its about as useless as doing/accepting a 1v1 deathmatch in GTA Online.  Its not really 1v1 since anyone can kill you or the other guy.

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:11 AM Edited by RAS_ZeroZ, 15 June 2014 - 07:13 AM.

Funny moment though: A girl was doing a tank rampage on cops trying to get hers up and she had to ask people to stop trying to blow up her tank so she could level up in peace. There's the mental state working exactly as intended.

So she was trying to be peaceful with other players while painting her colour to red...  and it's working exactly as intended?

Sounds like she just having fun with the cops and was never a threat to other players.... how is her red colour a threat to anybody?  I'm a deep red right now yet I rarely engage people in battle.  Why am I red?

Cripto136
  • Cripto136

Alpha Team

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [Reporting]

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:37 AM

I think its ridiculous that killing NPCs affects your mental state, especially the stupid police (I have a huge grudge towards their tendencies to interfere).

DisQ
  • DisQ

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:18 AM

Looking at the aspects of the mental state, it helps out with the weapons platinum. I think I have more trouble trying to figure out what gun to use. I'm actually stuck between Carbine & Special Carbine when runnin & gunnin in Free Roam. The Mental state as a whole is just meh, another excuse for player grieving. Now, when I get into free roam, I'm not being polite no more. Lol. :D

smokingndriving
  • smokingndriving

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:34 AM

I wouldn't say it's a stupid addition, it's more....sort of pointless? It could be improved with some tweaking.

D3ViOU5
  • D3ViOU5

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:49 AM

Funny moment though: A girl was doing a tank rampage on cops trying to get hers up and she had to ask people to stop trying to blow up her tank so she could level up in peace. There's the mental state working exactly as intended.

So she was trying to be peaceful with other players while painting her colour to red...  and it's working exactly as intended?

Sounds like she just having fun with the cops and was never a threat to other players.... how is her red colour a threat to anybody?  I'm a deep red right now yet I rarely engage people in battle.  Why am I red?

Because it would seem the intentions of r* was to use this as a response to peoples complaints about getting constantly killed in freeroam by using it as a matchmaking system, this girl however, was trying to avoid killing other players while turning red, but people were trying to kill her, so she asked them to stop, so when I said working as intended I meant the opposite, it was an ironic joke.

And you are red because you engage in activity that raises your mental state faster than it declines. I don't know how you play, but if you don't know how your mental state is raised you can check out the countless threads on it to see how it works, and then stop doing the things you do to raise it, if you don't want to be red off course. If you want to be red or don't care, you can just keep playing however you want.

TheHammer
  • TheHammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2014 - 11:40 AM

OP, your clueless. R* developed mental state to increase PVP violence, period. They give you the ability to turn your dot red and now everybody wants a red dot. It's genius marketing 

and BTW, while your shooting up free roam your burning cash and R* loves that, again genius!

and as for matchmaking ?  that works like a "close door" button in the elevator

CatchMeTrolling
  • CatchMeTrolling

Troll

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2014 - 12:16 PM

I'm surprised people are even still talking about this, maybe when it first came out it was a factor but now it's not even noticeable

Wombater_18
  • Wombater_18

The One and Only

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 June 2014 - 12:18 PM

... T minus lock in 3,2,1... Lift off success rate compromised.

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Most Corrupt Staff [2014]

Posted 15 June 2014 - 12:22 PM

This topic is affecting my mental state.

Also - http://gtaforums.com...tch-moan-topic/

• Demetri_FTO_1. likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users