• This topic is locked This topic is locked
70 replies to this topic
Eyecandy
  • Eyecandy

#1 wheelman in Los Santos

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:37 PM

When patch 1.13 came out I was finally expecting to get another apartment so I can set up a tuning shop ( I don't care for the other things after every patch) but when this patch came, something changed. MENTAL STATE is probaly the worst idea to come to GTAO. The sole purpose of it is to tell you how are the douchebags and the physcopaths and the good people. I think that's a great idea how they proposed it, but then went you get a mental for "accidentally" running peds when they game is harder to drive than gta4 actually raises it. So I'm currently at a middle red because of it, now I can't even play in a public match without being mowed down by a white or red dot. Also, it says that you get put into lobbies with your corresponding color players just like you, and yet I see physcopaths red dots everywhere across the map while I'm the only white dot in there. Rockstar, please fix the mental state or just delete it all together. I don't know if anybody else feels the same way, but I find it sad.
Rant done
  • Rob0cod and Cokecan72 like this

AlexSniperBullet
  • AlexSniperBullet

GTAPhotographer Commissioner

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:38 PM

No, It was a great addition. I love it. 

• Grimase, VyperNINE and Wombater_18 like this

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

Xbox Gamertag: ImThe7thOne

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:40 PM

Mental state actually SAVED this game. Now I know who's the dbag and who isn't. It's the red dot!

• MajorVienna, MrWuggy, Grimase and 2 others like this

Choppers
  • Choppers

[Strike Back]

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:43 PM

Yep. White dot or not, I still get lit up.

Aren't you the one who came up with it?  :catloaf:

AlexSniperBullet
  • AlexSniperBullet

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:44 PM

:orly: Yes

Grimase
  • Grimase

Peon

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:44 PM

I like it and its not that hard to drop back to white. just do a few missions and races and ur back to zero.

Thats what i do. (Red dot in White dots clothing) :)

• Quarthon likes this

Choppers
  • Choppers

[Strike Back]

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:49 PM

:orly: Yes

...Can you give Rockstar the amazing idea to add the Hunter too?  :sly:

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:52 PM

I think allowing thread with the words "mental state" or "heists" in the title was a stupid addition, but it happens!

I like the mental state indicator.  It's just one of those things, isn't it?  Some like it, some don't.  Pick something in the game that isn't like that and then we can talk more.

Red Lynx 23
  • Red Lynx 23

Biased towards women in real life photoshoots too

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:53 PM

It lost it's appeal and I shoot at who I shoot at. The 200 rp for killing a red dot isn't all that great now either. 

AlexSniperBullet
  • AlexSniperBullet

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:56 PM

...Can you give Rockstar the amazing idea to add the Hunter too?  :sly:

Sure. 

• Choppers likes this

D3ViOU5
  • D3ViOU5

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:58 PM

It's pointless and it hasn't affected my gameplay in the least except for that one time a glitch took away all my mental points and I had to be a little more aggressively for a while to get them back.

And it does very little matchmaking, sometimes I'm the only red dot, sometimes there's a mix, and sometimes everyone's red, but I haven't really noticed a huge difference in how people treat each other and I use it more of a way to keep tabs on players these days, so in a way it benefits me more to have it than not.

Funny moment though: A girl was doing a tank rampage on cops trying to get hers up and she had to ask people to stop trying to blow up her tank so she could level up in peace. There's the mental state working exactly as intended.

• RoyalRedXIII likes this

JobAnonymous
  • JobAnonymous

MP3 Crew Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:03 PM

yep bad

Mr.Smith187
  • Mr.Smith187

This guy lika da juice

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:06 PM Edited by Mr.Smith187, 13 June 2014 - 10:17 PM.

I think it's a great addition. Even moreso, if you look at the map in your pause screen, it makes perfect sense when you see red dots always blinking and white or pink dots always disappearing. You pretty much know who the douches are.

No offense OP, but you must be a horrible driver if you hit so many peds that you get more and more red... may wanna do some races, or go into a solo lobby and work on those driving skills a little bit...

• RaceKingX likes this

Accendo
  • Accendo

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:08 PM

Pink was the worst. Everyone kills you on sight. There's a bit of honor amongst the full-reds and full-whites but nobody likes you if you're pink.
  • D3ViOU5, statistic, Darth_Rob and 2 others like this

MrManBuz
  • MrManBuz

Men become demons

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:14 PM

I like the player killing affecting it but the police and pedestrians are a bit silly. But at least you know not to drive by red dots. As for the matchmaking, it's not very good if they actually implemented it.

• Mr.Smith187 likes this

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

He's coming for you...

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:19 PM

It resets at random. Which tells you nothing about a person. It just makes reds a target.

They also never claimed it would "tell you who the douchebags are" that's a ridiculous idea you had about it it before it hit.

Hitting peds also makes it go up a tiny amount. Killing a player makes it go up a lot. If anything it's just an indication of how much free roam a players been playing. And even then it resets randomly so it's truly an indication of nothing.

Kill red dots you get Rp. That's ALL it means.

Eyecandy
  • Eyecandy

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:21 PM

I think it's a great addition. Even moreso, if you look at the map in your pause screen, it makes perfect sense when you see red dots always blinking and white or pink dots always disappearing. You pretty much know who the douches are.
No offense OP, but you must be a horrible driver if you hit so many peds that you get more and more red... may wanna do some races, or go into a solo lobby and work on those driving skills a little bit...

I used to use a steering wheel made for gta v because I don't do missions and sh*t. But I just started using a controller again so it's harder for me to drive.
  • Mr.Smith187 likes this

Darth_Rob
  • Darth_Rob

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:26 PM

Before mental state, you weren't sure who the douchebags were.

After mental state was implemented, you know that the red dots are douchebags, but you still don't know whether the white dots are douchebags or not.

So it's changed nothing. I still shoot anything that enters my personal space.

• RoyalRedXIII likes this

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:30 PM Edited by madmanaz, 13 June 2014 - 10:32 PM.

Ranting on a site Rockstar doesn't run so Rockstar will never see it. Good job, OP. You totally showed them.

Also, the reset is not random. Go play missions and play nice your mental state drops. Play around midnight and it should reset completely. But ONLY IF YOUR ARE PLAYING

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:30 PM

It resets at random. Which tells you nothing about a person. It just makes reds a target.

I've had consistent experience of it resetting at 12am, GMT (so 1am, BST).

Crossed Sabres
  • Crossed Sabres

Bad Bish

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:35 PM

It actually requires some effort to get it up.  You can engage in a full-out brawl with the cops and other players and have it only go up half-way in 30 minutes.  Play five or so missions and it drops dramatically.

If you're complaining about, chances are it's for a reason.  dealwithit.jpg, etc, etc...

Eyecandy
  • Eyecandy

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:06 PM

Ranting on a site Rockstar doesn't run so Rockstar will never see it. Good job, OP. You totally showed them.
Also, the reset is not random. Go play missions and play nice your mental state drops. Play around midnight and it should reset completely. But ONLY IF YOUR ARE PLAYING

I know that Rockstar won't see. But there must be sme Rockstar dev'snon this site "undercover"
So good job trying to make yourself look cool in a bunch of forums members.

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:23 PM Edited by RoyalRedXIII, 13 June 2014 - 11:24 PM.

Funny moment though: A girl was doing a tank rampage on cops trying to get hers up and she had to ask people to stop trying to blow up her tank so she could level up in peace. There's the mental state working exactly as intended.

I won't ruin this one by explaining it, but just know that I did get it lol.

And it was Hilaaaaarious. You my friend are way to sly for your own good.

It actually requires some effort to get it up.

That's what she said?

MichiganMuscle77
  • MichiganMuscle77

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:29 PM

If your complaint is that it's too hard to drive in this game and you're tired of getting increased mental state because you keep accidentally killing pedestrians... I would have to ask, are you playing with your toes?

There is no way, no way in HELL that the driving in this game is harder than it was in GTA IV. I actually liked the driving in GTA IV, I got pretty good at it, but still there is just no way that V is worse. The driving in V is some of the best of any open world game I've ever played, actually. Weighty cars but forgiving enough physics to throw them around... you can really become a total bad ass at driving in this game if you practice.

• RaceKingX likes this

Cokecan72
  • Cokecan72

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:42 PM

It might be a bug, but i agree with the OP on this one, i also just get plonked in lobbys full of red dots. I don't go out killing people or peds, i just race usually, and it was after a race had finished and i had exited back into the lobby, i noticed that all the dots in it were full on red or pretty damn close..
Weird i thought, but hey ho, cracked on with a few more races and when returned back into the lobby full of red dots again.. and the same then next day and still now.. I can race a playlist that lasts over 30 minutes and still red dots all around me, but my mental state in normal... Oh well,, makes it more interesting i suppose...

Eyecandy
  • Eyecandy

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:21 AM

If your complaint is that it's too hard to drive in this game and you're tired of getting increased mental state because you keep accidentally killing pedestrians... I would have to ask, are you playing with your toes?

There is no way, no way in HELL that the driving in this game is harder than it was in GTA IV. I actually liked the driving in GTA IV, I got pretty good at it, but still there is just no way that V is worse. The driving in V is some of the best of any open world game I've ever played, actually. Weighty cars but forgiving enough physics to throw them around... you can really become a total bad ass at driving in this game if you practice.

When you play on PC GTA 4 g(keyboard) and then play ps3 gta v. Come back to me and tell what it feels like.

CosmoKramer0
  • CosmoKramer0

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:38 AM

Amen. I don't like it one bit.

raggingmonkey
  • raggingmonkey

Sarcastic Idiot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:00 AM Edited by raggingmonkey, 14 June 2014 - 02:02 AM.

It just makes me want to be more of a dbag/ sociopath/serial killer/troller/griefer/Trevor Phillips sidekick and let everyone in the lobby know it

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Glitcher In Rehab

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:04 AM

to this day i still dont see how mental state made the game better or worse.

anyway im out to kill everyone in the lobby, it doesnt matter if it red, white, blue or green, for me its business as usual.

Strange Town
  • Strange Town

Strange Theme

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:20 AM

Was the idea to earn RP to kill psycho players your idea too?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users