Photo

[Q] Audio Modding?

2 replies to this topic
arandomguy452
  • arandomguy452

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:32 PM

I am wondering how to import an audio file into a ".ivaud" file, i have got Open IV,

GTA IVaud editor 1.1.5, and a Steam version of GTA IV 1.0.7.0. and i have already got an audio file converted and have found the file i want to replace, but i can't get or find the .ivaud file exactly in openIV so i can extract it and import the file using IVaud editor. The file i want to replace is an in-game ringtone. and i found it in GENERAL.rpf, and opened up DOWNLOADABLE_RINGTONES soundbank and extracted the file using openIV, and then used the specificatioins of that original .wav file to make a new ringtone for the in-game phone, but now the issue is actually importing the sound file into the soundbank.

So i extracted DOWNLOADABLE_RINGTONES to my desktop, but all it is is a file that says DOWNLOADABLE RINGTONES with no file extension like .IVaud or anything at all. so i am really confused and kind of new to Audio modding. i haven't  actually made/modelled/scripted anything, but i have installed mods before, but this Audio modding is confusing. I know it's possible, because i have seen videos with more realistic police sirens and etc.

So can anyone help? i have windows 7 64 bit

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia
  • Best Tool 2012 [OpenIV]

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:48 PM

Here is the thing:

GTA IV audio files do not have any extension, so that's why you do not see any extension in OpenIV or when you export file.

In your case you can just add extension to file, eg rename DOWNLOADABLE_RINGTONES to DOWNLOADABLE_RINGTONES.ivaud.

But, when you will be import file back into OpenIV you need remove ".ivaud." otherwise your file will be corrupted.

arandomguy452
  • arandomguy452

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:20 PM

Here is the thing:

GTA IV audio files do not have any extension, so that's why you do not see any extension in OpenIV or when you export file.

In your case you can just add extension to file, eg rename DOWNLOADABLE_RINGTONES to DOWNLOADABLE_RINGTONES.ivaud.

But, when you will be import file back into OpenIV you need remove ".ivaud." otherwise your file will be corrupted.

Ah. okay. I was mainly confused because when i opened the File with IVaud editor no sound files would show. but i guess the file itself isn't compatible with Ivaud editor or something like that. at least not yet. Also the reason it took me a while to get back to this thread is because i had forgotten about this topic until i looked at my email recently... Anyways, thanks for the help.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users