Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA 5 AI vs GTA 4 AI: Better or worse?

108 replies to this topic

Poll: What do you think of my new avatar? :D (153 member(s) have cast votes)

Is the AI better in Grand Theft Auto 5, or Grand theft Auto 4?

1. Grand Theft Auto 5 has a better AI than 4. (44 votes [28.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.76%

2. Grand Theft Auto 4 has a better AI than 5. (74 votes [48.37%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 48.37%

3. Both are good to me. (18 votes [11.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

4. I don't really care about it. (17 votes [11.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Titania
  • Titania

Justice rains from aboove.

• The Connection
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:30 PM

Which one do you think is better? The AI in GTA 5, or 4, and why do you think so? And I'm not talking about the cops AI. We all know they were better in IV.

AlexSniperBullet
  • AlexSniperBullet

GTAPhotographer Commissioner

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:33 PM

GTA 5. I just love it when NPC's get worked up when assaulting them with trevor.  

Captain Hammer
  • Captain Hammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:36 PM Edited by jcph3, 13 June 2014 - 09:36 PM.

The AI in GTA 5 is horrible, watch the NPC's drive for a while.....

Left turn from right lane,  drive off road right into poles, etc.... stop in the middle of turns, its so unrealistic. ( and I've driven in Manila ) 

and then there's the POPO with the super cars.....

absolutely the worse video AI I've ever played.

• IGhostUlt, theGTAking101 and RAS_ZeroZ like this

Twin Turbo
  • Twin Turbo

I blacked out my tail lights so they work less

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:37 PM

I liked it when I could get into fights with NPCs that could take more than one hit before dying.

• IGhostUlt, theGTAking101, RAS_ZeroZ and 6 others like this

Keegeroo
  • Keegeroo

S Q U ∆ D

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:38 PM

I don't like the precise aiming in V, but I like the AI's attitude an dialogue better in V

The best improvement from IV to V is npcs won't try to pass me at a stoplight, bunch of assholes in LC
  • UP9390, Heists, Sw1ft562 and 1 other like this

Gay Tony
  • Gay Tony

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:43 PM Edited by mr toasterbutt, 13 June 2014 - 09:45 PM.

The AI in GTA IV annoy me alot less if that says anything. I find myself raging and killing AI (especially drivers) much more often than in previous GTA's.

• Moe Problems likes this

southparkmayor
  • southparkmayor

Derp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:46 PM

They police and enemy npcs dont have improved ai. They are just more aggressive like hornets. They Somehow can tell where you are even if you are hiding. and they have higher accuracy. im talking about being able to blind fire you from 100m away. 

• theGTAking101, Heists and Gay Tony like this

AlexSniperBullet
  • AlexSniperBullet

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:47 PM

Also what i don't like about GTA 5's AI is when that stupid sentinel driver tries to run me off 5 times in the game

mareepx
  • mareepx

GTAF's Jennifer Lawrence fanboy

• Members
  • England

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:50 PM

In GTA V, if you stand still for too long near a pedestrian they call the cops. That's absolutely retarded. Also in IV if you pissed someone off you could get them to hang off the side of your door, and traffic certainly screws me over more in V.

• UP9390, Shaundi., IGhostUlt and 2 others like this

Gay Tony
  • Gay Tony

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:55 PM Edited by mr toasterbutt, 13 June 2014 - 09:57 PM.

In GTA V, if you stand still for too long near a pedestrian they call the cops. That's absolutely retarded. Also in IV if you pissed someone off you could get them to hang off the side of your door, and traffic certainly screws me over more in V.

Yes. I think traffic is purposly designed just to get in your way. It's especially annoying when you hit them and they keep ramming into you for some reason. My favorite part is when the game takes control over an AI's car and starts to drag it along the road as the driver slams on the breaks.

• mareepx likes this

Carmen!
  • Carmen!

Just Passing Through..

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:08 PM

I liked it better in IV. This game has dumber and more aggressive AI.. which makes the game for frustrating. I saw a video a while ago explaining some issues in GTA V's system. I'll put it below:

Skip to 17:05. That's when he begins talking about the police AI. But you're welcome to watch the whole video if you'd like.

• IGhostUlt, theGTAking101, Mr. Fahrenheit and 6 others like this

Titania
  • Titania

Justice rains from aboove.

• The Connection
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:11 PM

Gotta say, some things with the AI was better in IV, but other things are better in V.

The NPCs in V make the weirdest comments on their phones it's hilarious sometimes. Lol
  • Sw1ft562 likes this

hei3enberg
  • hei3enberg

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:14 PM

I liked it better in IV. This game has dumber and more aggressive AI.. which makes the game for frustrating. I saw a video a while ago explaining some issues in GTA V's system. I'll put it below:

Skip to 17:05. That's when he begins talking about the police AI. But you're welcome to watch the whole video if you'd like.

Was waiting for this to be posted. 

Quick notes from the video:

— traffic is hitting you purposely

— drivers in NPC cars are changing their appearance as soon as you look other way

— cars are disappearing 

— No police on patrol

— cops are not pitting you, they're pulling some magic that makes your wheels turn

Conclusion: AI= sh*t. Especially with that blind fire accuracy from cover, NSA-informed police, not working stealth. 

• theGTAking101 and Mr. Fahrenheit like this

Hover_Mode
  • Hover_Mode

Playa

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:14 PM

haha people are actually outvoting V with IV

lol, In GtaV you could get killt from just 1 ped. In IV that is unheard of.

Turkish Turketarian
  • Turkish Turketarian

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:21 PM

The AI drivers are terrible in V. Why is it that if you're speeding, every driver immediately switches lanes in an attempt to cut you off? It's like that one bridge in IV but throughout the entire city.

Also when you speed in the correct lane, oncoming traffic in the other lane will swerve into your lane (which is the wrong lane for them) to get into a head on collision with you. WTF
  • theGTAking101 and SightsIn like this

hei3enberg
  • hei3enberg

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:24 PM Edited by hei3enberg, 13 June 2014 - 10:32 PM.

The AI drivers are terrible in V. Why is it that if you're speeding, every driver immediately switches lanes in an attempt to cut you off? It's like that one bridge in IV but throughout the entire city.

Also when you speed in the correct lane, oncoming traffic in the other lane will swerve into your lane (which is the wrong lane for them) to get into a head on collision with you. WTF

Check out this: http://www.youtube.c...Jc20yu28#t=1396

Police is unable to do something with him, they're just circling. 

Some another example of LSPD supremacy: I spent 2-3 minutes climbing mt. Chiliad with my Akuma (and that is very fast bike if somebody is unaware) and shot 2 peds on the top. Cops are dispatched with nobody in sight (no witnesses whatsoever) and arriving in less than 15 seconds later. How?! I was driving one the fastest bikes in game for couple of mins to reach here. And they're just skipped to the top in seconds. With 2 or 3 cars! 

Another example: I shot 3 people in desert with non-supressed weapon. Police knows. I exploded grenade when climbing mt. Gordo (very narrow road, nobody in sight), they know. 

And sometimes when I'm sitting in cover, they're magically know where I am. They're not searching area, they're going for me. Directly. And when I was hiding, nobody saw it. 

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:27 PM

Lol @ people who voted for V being better.

In IV, if a police car smashes into you, you don't get a wanted level, because the AI knows it was their fault.

The AI drivers in V are also incredibly stupid.  It's like every single driver doesn't use their mirrors, as they drive like they're the only ones on the road.

• Shaundi., IGhostUlt, theGTAking101 and 3 others like this

Hover_Mode
  • Hover_Mode

Playa

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:32 PM

Lol @ people who voted for V being better.

In IV, if a police car smashes into you, you don't get a wanted level, because the AI knows it was their fault.

The AI drivers in V are also incredibly stupid.  It's like every single driver doesn't use their mirrors, as they drive like they're the only ones on the road.

Thats cause you were most likely doing illegal driving, 9/10 thats the case

and sometime police have hit me and nothing happened...  I was driving correctly

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:36 PM

Thats cause you were most likely doing illegal driving, 9/10 thats the case

and sometime police have hit me and nothing happened...  I was driving correctly

T9l208w.gif

Excuse me for driving illegally in Grand Theft Auto

• theGTAking101, RAS_ZeroZ, SightsIn and 1 other like this

Xyn
  • Xyn

Wɇ Diɇ Alonɇ

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Respected 2014

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:49 PM

Both are fine. I have no problems with them...unless we scratch the bottom of the barrel, then i'd say that V's AI has Robocop aim while IV's AI couldn't shoot in the correct general direction.

AlexSniperBullet
  • AlexSniperBullet

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:55 PM Edited by AlexSniperBullet, 13 June 2014 - 10:55 PM.

Both are fine. I have no problems with them...unless we scratch the bottom of the barrel, then i'd say that V's AI has Robocop aim while IV's AI couldn't shoot in the correct general direction.

Could you imagine if GTA 5 had Watchdog's police's AI?  You would have a hard time trying to get away from the cops

AwesomeJokeGTA
  • AwesomeJokeGTA

GTA Player :D

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:38 PM Edited by AwesomeJokeGTA, 13 June 2014 - 11:40 PM.

Could you imagine if GTA 5 had WATCHDOGE's police's AI?  You would have a hard time trying to get away from the cops
Please, at least in GTA the police know what a damn boat is
  • Rocket Skates and Christian21J like this

Christian21J
  • Christian21J

I have small junk

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:34 AM

I hope they will fix the AI for the next gen,but I doubt that will happen

UP9390
  • UP9390

Railfan, Sheriff of Los Santos County - PSN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:38 AM

Overall, I liked IV's better. V had a few improvements, but at the same time certain components of the AI were downgraded. Can't stand when car's would try to go past me at a light in IV. In GTA V, if you're in an emergency vehicle with the siren on, traffic will sometimes cross into your lane of travel...

Xyn
  • Xyn

Wɇ Diɇ Alonɇ

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Respected 2014

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:42 AM

Could you imagine if GTA 5 had Watchdog's police's AI?  You would have a hard time trying to get away from the cops

Really? Hopping on a taxi boat = chase closed.

Even GTA III had predators searching.

And WD's police force blow.

RagunCajin
  • RagunCajin

Go f*ck yourself.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:49 AM

This gif seems accurate.

GTA+Cops_28cde9_4973468.gif

• Xyn, Shaundi., 2281 and 11 others like this

Gay Tony
  • Gay Tony

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:13 AM

This gif seems accurate.

GTA+Cops_28cde9_4973468.gif

I see this posted in almost every thread even remotely related to cops, but it's always so fitting.

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:16 AM

There's only one thing about the AI I like more in GTA 5 and its how the pedestrians don't ram your car if you stop at a red light.  Everything else about the AI is just terrible.  I don't know why they're called artificial intelligence if none can be found.

• Gay Tony likes this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:19 AM

Really? Hopping on a taxi boat = chase closed.

Just popping in to say nobody does this, lol unless you're a complete square.  I guess if you're a baby you'd retreat to the water :p

And WD's police force blow.

Land police chases are incredibly fun since you can either take an aggressive, or stealth approach to evading the police.  And since stealth actually WORKS in Watch Dogs, unlike GTAV since Watch Dog's police don't have spider senses like Los Santos's police force, hiding in alleyways and such is actually effective and strategical.

GTAIV police > Watch Dogs police > Flaming dog sh*t > GTAV police

OT:  I also get annoyed by the fact that during missions, it seems AI pedestrians in V are designed to stop you.  Can't count the amount of times playing Rooftop Rumble and every emperor in Los Santos is trying to stop me, by cutting me off/pulling out of driveways without looking, etc.

Annoying!

• hei3enberg likes this

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:19 AM Edited by RAS_ZeroZ, 14 June 2014 - 01:20 AM.

I liked it when I could get into fights with NPCs that could take more than one hit before dying.

Sooo agree with you.  I'd like there to be some challenge when going up against three dock workers... unfortunately the only way I can ever die is if I let them do it :(

• Gay Tony likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users