» «
Photo

Almost 9 months after release and still no story DLC

42 replies to this topic
rubix99
  • rubix99

Playa

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:18 PM Edited by rubix99, 13 June 2014 - 06:20 PM.

This is irritating. Lost & Damned came out about 10 months after GTA IV. Rockstar said their was single player DLC for 2014 back in December last year and yet still nothing at all said on it since.

• Raiden雷電 and IGhostUlt like this

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

This action will have consequences...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:28 PM

They're focusing on next-gen. Be patient, they'll come shortly.

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:30 PM

9 days t'ill spring is over. (the window for the DLC)    just go outside ti'll then. 

• DeafMetal and JRock462 like this

rubix99
  • rubix99

Playa

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:34 PM Edited by rubix99, 13 June 2014 - 06:35 PM.

Would be better if they were focusing on an actual next gen game rather than port over a last gen game with some minor novelty additions. I dont see the point in bringing GTA V to PS4 and Xbox One. They should just bring the DLC for 360 and PS3 and get hard at work on Red Dead Redemption 2 or something for the new consoles.

• sqre likes this

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:36 PM

I dont see the point in bringing GTA V to PS4 and Xbox One. 

breaking-bad-huell-money.jpg

• archiebunker, JamalG, Novatic and 12 others like this

rubix99
  • rubix99

Playa

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:38 PM Edited by rubix99, 13 June 2014 - 06:39 PM.

Who is really going to want to buy the game which they already played before? They wont get anywhere near the amount of money that the game made on its release for last gen.

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:41 PM Edited by lazloisdavrock, 13 June 2014 - 06:43 PM.

Who is really going to want to buy the game which they already played before? 

GTAV will be the best selling remaster in 2014, count on it.    Its GTA, it prints money.        Rockstar would be stupid not to do it.

If Rockstar released GTA3- San Andreas tomorrow for PS4, that would sell even more.

Hell the Pre order numbers for TLOU on PS4 are staggering 

• capomertadon likes this

Tilemaxx
  • Tilemaxx

POV City Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:42 PM

Who is really going to want to buy the game which they already played before? They wont get anywhere near the amount of money that the game made on its release for last gen.

I will. We 're talking about the definite version, the way the game is supposed to be played, their original vision. 360/PS3 held the game back so badly.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:44 PM

Lots of people. Lots and lots of people.

HDM018
  • HDM018

Superfluous noob.

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:54 PM

Lots of people indeed. They want to have a version of V with mods, or at least redo the story in the better graphics versions.

• A.O.D.88 and capomertadon like this

bfett21
  • bfett21

The scourge of Carpathia

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:54 PM

Story DLC will probably be announced soonish- and will be included with Next Gen / PC GTA5. Im excited for it. Just to keep GTA Online alive while they work on the next game. Who knows what will come from that, now thats its going next gen. They wont have to worry about people flocking away.

Raiden雷電
  • Raiden雷電

I Am Lightning, The Rain Transformed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:54 PM Edited by TensaZangetsu, 13 June 2014 - 06:55 PM.

I hope they add a lot more missions. I want as many missions as IV or San Andreas had.

rubix99
  • rubix99

Playa

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:55 PM

I will. We 're talking about the definite version, the way the game is supposed to be played, their original vision. 360/PS3 held the game back so badly.

I did not see what was held back.....the game is perfect as far as I am concerned. I got the Special Edition on Xbox 360 digital download. All they can really do with it is brush up the textures and maybe improve the frame rate.....something I never had an issue with.

bfett21
  • bfett21

The scourge of Carpathia

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:58 PM

I did not see what was held back.....the game is perfect as far as I am concerned. I got the Special Edition on Xbox 360 digital download. All they can really do with it is brush up the textures and maybe improve the frame rate.....something I never had an issue with.

I completely agree. I had fun, and STILL have fun with the game. It looks amazing for what it's on. Can only imagine how it will be on next gen.

• rubix99 likes this

rubix99
  • rubix99

Playa

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 07:05 PM

I completely agree. I had fun, and STILL have fun with the game. It looks amazing for what it's on. Can only imagine how it will be on next gen.

Same here. Can't resist a good bit of GTA V mayhem.

ddyoung
  • ddyoung

Get freaky... Not that freaky

• Members
  • England

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:01 PM

The story DLC will probably be released soon before or soon after the release of the PS4/XBONE/PC version, so that it's available to every player at roughly the same time.

Tilemaxx
  • Tilemaxx

POV City Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:50 PM

Don't get me wrong guys. I had fun too, the experience was great. But some things, like aliasing, jaggies, and unstable framerate were things of frustration. It's like having a 100 km/h speed limiter in a brand new shiny Ferrari. Next-gen version will skyrocket the experience, who knows what else they will add in the enhanced port.

• AlasClarin likes this

weidncol
  • weidncol

World Trade Center Mod Manager

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:28 AM Edited by weidncol, 14 June 2014 - 12:28 AM.

I said it before, I'm pretty sure the Story DLC will contain some of the cutout things GTA V was supposed to have and it will come built-in to the next iteration of GTA V.

Spoiler
  • no_snacks and TubewayArmy like this

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:35 AM

The PS4/X1/PC announcement changed me perspective on the DLC. The wait is still long, but I understand now. I still wonder how R* will handle the DLC. I'm not buying it twice, and I'm not getting it for PS3 if it comes with the current gen versions. Or is it something that also transfers between versions?

GN 1992
  • GN 1992

aka gnad.1992

• GTAF Crew
  • Brazil
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:38 AM

I bought it for PS3, and I'm going to buy it for PS4 and PC.

• TubewayArmy likes this

walkingsickness
  • walkingsickness

Mr. "Blow Your Head Off"

• Members

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:03 AM Edited by walkingsickness, 14 June 2014 - 01:05 AM.

That is not there goal...it is part of the almighty capitalistic machine. They know you will buy it because its part of the vanity/addiction niche. 

Meaning there is no rational reason to buy it again...but to buy it to see what it will look like on the updated gen consoles.

Its like a fat person buying more then they need to eat....logically it doesn't make sense...but it taste so damn good! 

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:19 AM

I said it before, I'm pretty sure the Story DLC will contain some of the cutout things GTA V was supposed to have and it will come built-in to the next iteration of GTA V.

Spoiler

"It started out with both T and M either looking at their house online or going to their house as potential buyers"

Weren't they going to view the house posing as a gay couple? That would've been comedy gold right there. Here's hoping it's a dlc mission.

I was certain there would be horses in V & was heartbroken when they weren't. Mainly because they were designed & implemented so perfectly in RDR.

Stevilknievel
  • Stevilknievel

Outlaw

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:30 AM

I dont see the point in bringing GTA V to PS4 and Xbox One. 

breaking-bad-huell-money.jpg

YOU ARE AWESOME  :lol:

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:34 AM

Dude, they only announced the story DLC in December, and that's the first time we heard of it. So that would be seven months, correctly because that's when they were announced.

• Smaher. likes this

HappyFarmerKit
  • HappyFarmerKit

Maybe we're just sleepwalking.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:38 AM Edited by HappyFarmerKit, 14 June 2014 - 01:39 AM.

Weren't they going to view the house posing as a gay couple? That would've been comedy gold right there. Here's hoping it's a dlc mission.

Yes they were.  :lol: I hope it's put back in as DLC too, but no promises.

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:49 AM Edited by _Kindled_, 14 June 2014 - 01:49 AM.

There are icons for many mini games not featured in the final game, these include: Air Hockey, extra Assassination missions, Basketball, Stealing Cars, Pimping, Burglaries, Weight Lifting, and Billards. Additional cut content from the icons: Cluckin Bell, Burger Shot, Drive Thru fast food, 'Car Carrier' (I'm guessing this was going to be like the car exports in GTA:SA, involving the Dock Handler), Illegal Parking zones, 'Snitches', and Taco Van (guessing these, along with the street vendors, would dispense healing food).

I love these ones. Hope they make it to the next gen. Basketball? Burget shot? Weight lifting? Horses???

• Smaher. likes this

weidncol
  • weidncol

World Trade Center Mod Manager

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:14 AM

Getting weapons, mini-games, and new vehicles is a given, but if the story DLC is actually released with this, there very well could be extra missions. That's most likely what they were made for in the first place.

kingcs
  • kingcs

OG Status

• Members

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:16 AM Edited by kingcs, 14 June 2014 - 02:19 AM.

There are icons for many mini games not featured in the final game, these include: Air Hockey, extra Assassination missions, Basketball, Stealing Cars, Pimping, Burglaries, Weight Lifting, and Billards. Additional cut content from the icons: Cluckin Bell, Burger Shot, Drive Thru fast food, 'Car Carrier' (I'm guessing this was going to be like the car exports in GTA:SA, involving the Dock Handler), Illegal Parking zones, 'Snitches', and Taco Van (guessing these, along with the street vendors, would dispense healing food).

I love these ones. Hope they make it to the next gen. Basketball? Burget shot? Weight lifting? Horses???
x2. One of the reasons that I stopped playing the game for awhile is because it felt like it had so much missed potential. Hopefully the PS4 will give it its whole potential. Just started my third playthrough yesterday.

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:46 AM

I didn't played, and PC is not nearly the same as consoles even if you already played it.

• ViceCityStalker likes this

ViceCityStalker
  • ViceCityStalker

Is Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:00 AM

DUH it`s a clever baby not a pre-mature train wreck,it`s hiding from the world as long as it can before poking it`s head out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users