IDF Launches Massive Manhunt for Three Israeli Youths Feared Kidnapped

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic
Palikari
  • Palikari

בחור טוב

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:43 PM Edited by Palikari, 13 June 2014 - 07:51 PM.

1700662-5.jpg
The Security Forces are looking for the missing teenagers
(Picture: Tazpit Agency)

The IDF confirmed on Friday afternoon that “three Israeli teenagers are currently missing. The individuals were last seen late last night in the area of Gush Etzion,” south of Jerusalem.

“He just disappeared, never made it home,” a relative of one of the youths said, according to Israeli daily Yediot Ahronot.

“His parents are worried, praying, hoping for the best. We’re all praying this incident ends on the good side,” the relative said.

Army “forces are conducting a widespread operation in order to locate the individuals,” apparently 16-year-olds who attend the Mekor Chaim Yeshiva High School in the area.‏

The three got on a hitch at about 22:30 Thursday night near the Israeli village of Alon Shvut, according to Israel Radio. One of the youths managed to send an alert to the local security hotline before his cellphone went dead.

One of the youths holds American citizenship, and the government has alerted the US Embassy.

Terror group Hamas is calling the trio “Israeli soldiers.” Hamas and Islamic Jihad have called for kidnapping Israelis as bargaining chips to gain the release of Palestinian convicts incarcerated in Israeli prisons.

Special forces have arrested several Palestinian suspects in the villages of Halhoul and Dura, and other villages in the southern Hebron Hills area, according to latest reports.‏

The army has received 50 intelligence warnings of plans to kidnap Israelis, and security forces have foiled several such attempts in the recent past, an official said.

Massive Israeli forces are deployed in Palestinian villages in the vicinity in an intelligence-based manhunt for the youths.

Palestinian media reported a firefight between Israeli and Palestinian forces in a village in the Hebron area. There are no reports of injury to Israeli forces.

It is unclear if an abandoned and torched Israeli vehicle discovered in the vicinity overnight was connected to the kidnapping.

Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon, IDF Chief of Staff Lt.-Gen. Benny Gantz, Shin Bet and other security officials updated Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on the developing search for the youths, at his Tel Aviv office at the army’s headquarters.

Israel holds the Palestinian Authority directly responsible for the well-being of the youths, the Prime Minister’s Office said in a statement.

Netanyahu called the families of the youths, in order to comfort them and tell them that the government and security forces were doing everything possible to find and rescue the children.

Throughout the operation, until shortly after 5pm IST, no Israeli newspapers or radio stations reported the story, leading some to suggest coverage was under a gag order. However, the social networks were buzzing with spurious initial reports and rumors.

The religious “Srugim” website on Friday, led their page with a call for mass Psalm-reading by their readership, without posting any other details, and a haredi radio station broke into regular programming to recite Psalms.

Both chief rabbis have called on the public to pray for the safety of the youths, and to keep them in mind when lighting Sabbath candles. The rabbis advised reading Psalms 121 and 130, for the teens’ sakes.

Source: Algemeiner.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can read almost the same information on the Israeli press. The Algemeiner report did not add that Palestinians at the refugee camps of Jenin and Balata have celebrated the possible kidnappings; they fired into the air in celebration. Also, at the social networks there have been false rumors that they were rescued by the IDF, but sadly it's not true. Let's hope the Security Forces find them before it's too late.

Tazpit Agency has released two videos of IDF forces involved in the search:

UPDATE:

The terrorist group Dawlat al-Islam has claimed responsibility for the kidnappings:

Spoiler

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

I'm not good with people, but at least I'm not a racist

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 07:44 PM

I'm going to start making threads about mortar shelled hospitals in Palestine

• universetwisters, kipakolonyasi and ¥en like this

Palikari
  • Palikari

בחור טוב

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:29 PM

I'm going to start making threads about mortar shelled hospitals in Palestine

Do you think I care about your threads and provocations like this? I can also make threads about how Hamas terrorists use those hospitals as base and civilians as human shield. This thread is about three innocent boys kidnapped by a terrorist group, not about Gaza or the whole Arab-Israeli conflict, so please stay on topic. Your comment whitewashing this kidnapping is utterly disgusting.

I will not continue this pointless discussion with you. Don't feed the troll.

• ddyoung likes this

ddyoung
  • ddyoung

Get freaky... Not that freaky

• Members
  • England

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:49 PM

I say its time to weed out HAMAS again.

• Palikari likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Videospiele sind meine Lieblings Videospiele.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:48 PM

Some old guy went missing from his nursing home last week. Expect a thread shortly.

• Detective Phelps, Mr. House and ¥en like this

Palikari
  • Palikari

בחור טוב

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:15 AM

Some old guy went missing from his nursing home last week. Expect a thread shortly.

This is the kidnapping of three innocent teenagers by an Islamist terrorist group. You can't compare both cases.

I say its time to weed out HAMAS again.

I totally agree with you. Hamas must be eliminated.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:35 AM

This is the kidnapping of three innocent teenagers by an Islamist terrorist group. You can't compare both cases.

People get kidnapped all the time and stuff over here. Some people get kidnapped by the mob, others get kidnapped by their folks, enemies, etc. I wouldn't think there's much need for a thread on every thing that happens to Israel, or if there is, at least let what Myron's suggesting happen, with making threads on the other end of the scale. It's only fair.

EQUIN0X
  • EQUIN0X

Above The Rain

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:43 AM

People get kidnapped all the time and stuff over here. Some people get kidnapped by the mob, others get kidnapped by their folks, enemies, etc. I wouldn't think there's much need for a thread on every thing that happens to Israel, or if there is, at least let what Myron's suggesting happen, with making threads on the other end of the scale. It's only fair.

Apparently what happens in Israel is more imporant than anywhere else.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:49 AM

Apparently what happens in Israel is more imporant than anywhere else.

Which is why I'm suggesting that, if something about Israel is made like this thread for example, why not let Myron make a thread about Palestinian hospitals being mortared for instance? I'm sure that if, in all hypothetical sense, an American makes a thread about invading Canada, then a Canadian should be allowed to make a thread about American paratroopers busting into Canada and blowing up all the Tim Hortons. All in hypothetical sense, though.

Palikari
  • Palikari

בחור טוב

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:51 AM Edited by Palikari, 14 June 2014 - 12:52 AM.

People get kidnapped all the time and stuff over here., or if there is, at least let what Myron's suggesting happen, with making threads on the other end of the scale. It's only fair.

Well, not everyday three students are kidnapped by Al Qaeda in the USA. This is the American equivalent of what has just happened in Israel.

I wouldn't think there's much need for a thread on every thing that happens to Israel, or if there is, at least let what Myron's suggesting happen, with making threads on the other end of the scale. It's only fair.

Of course. I have not posted a thread on every thing that has happened in Israel. That would be excessive.

You made a thread about two Arab teenagers who got killed in front of Ofer's prison. You know, people get killed and stuff over here. I wouldn't think there's much need for a thread on that... Your thread was about two violent boys who got killed during clashes, my thread is about three boys kidnapped by terrorists, that now are probably dead. Why you thread was appropriate and mine isn't?

If Myron wants to post a thread on every Palestinian-related issue, I would not complain at all.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:57 AM

You made a thread about two Arab teenagers who got killed in front of Ofer's prison. You know, people get killed and stuff over here. I wouldn't think there's much need for a thread on that... Your thread was about two violent boys who got killed during clashes, my thread is about three boys kidnapped by terrorists, that now are probably dead. Why you thread was appropriate and mine isn't?

Because at first I thought "holy sh*t, war crimes", but then not only it turned out to be rubber bullets or something similar and then I realized that so much stuff's happening between those two countries, it seems like making a thread for each thing that happens between them would be redundant.

bread
  • bread

Grown conventionally and organically worldwide

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:41 AM

So while I was watching the Spain VS Netherlands game today, I was also spreading nutella on some toasted bread. I dipped my butterknife into the jar and as I was about to spread more onto the slice, I lost track when I suddenly zoned myself back to the game. When halftime arrived I somehow lost grip of the butterknife I was holding. So I look down, and see the butterknife with a glob of Nutella on it lying on the floor. It was a sad moment for the knife. Gravity, my loss of movement and neglect of the knife contributed to it's downfall, and left it lying there looking up at me, waiting for me to utilize it and return to the process of spreading nutella on a nicely toasted slice of bread. But no, bacteria began to permeate the surface of the knife. I could see it. Millions and millions of bacterial organisms congregating on the surface of the knife. And I witnessed it, and I watched the knife being destroyed by the biological hazards that threaten us each and every second of our lives.

I couldn't stand it anymore. I lifted the knife up from the carpet, and in return I saw nutella spread all over the landing site. So I took a trip to the kitchen, ran the knife under hot running water and soap and set it aside. I then walked back to the stain and cleansed it with a hot napkin, vigorously thrusting back and forth against the carpet until the stain was less evident. Fortunately, it did, but regardless of it being alleviated, signs of the stain still remained.

So at this moment, the stain has not vanished. It remains on the carpet as a sign of sheer neglect from me, which I do not take any pride in. Rather, I feel shameful. I feel shameful that I created a stain on the floor on which I walk upon with my bare feet each and every day. The floor where I first took my first walking steps when I was a young one. The floor where I used to wrestle with my cousins all the time when we were young ones. The floor where I fell upon after tripping over a book my younger sister left on the floor. The floor that was damaged by the wrath of Frankenstorm Sandy. The floor. The floor that speaks on so many volumes, and has taken so many beatings throughout the 21st century. And today, it was stained. It had taken another brutal scratch from the likes of another entity. An entity that had no disregard for the nature of the floor.

It was a bad day for the floor.

• Typhus, Mr.Scratch and ¥en like this

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:59 AM Edited by _Kindled_, 14 June 2014 - 03:59 AM.

*Gasps* Someone got kidnapped?! What else is new?

"In other news, today grass grew!"

• THE GHETTO JEZUS likes this

THE GHETTO JEZUS
  • THE GHETTO JEZUS

Tape Is Love, Tape Is Life

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:22 AM Edited by THE GHETTO JEZUS, 14 June 2014 - 04:26 AM.

Cat Burglar was busted few days ago for stealing gloves around the neighborhood and when I mean cat burglar, I really mean cat burglar. You don't see me making a thread of a cat stealing peoples gloves.

9929797.jpg

http://www.vancouver...9796/story.html

• _Kindled_ likes this

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:31 AM

There's a difference between a cat stealing gloves in your neighborhood and a terrorist organization kidnapping high-school aged teenagers. Stop teaming up on the guy just because you're not a fan of the Israeli government or his stance regarding Israel.

• Davo the Assassin, SWEETSAPRIK and Palikari like this

Palikari
  • Palikari

בחור טוב

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:12 AM

Cat Burglar was busted few days ago for stealing gloves around the neighborhood and when I mean cat burglar, I really mean cat burglar. You don't see me making a thread of a cat stealing peoples gloves.

Would you like that one of the kidnapped students were your brother or your best friend and you had to put up with people like you who laughs at the suffering of others comparing a kidnapping (and possible death) of three students with a cat stealing gloves?

Seriously, how can you be so evil and heartless?

EQUIN0X
  • EQUIN0X

Above The Rain

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:16 AM

I could ask the same thing to Israelis for how they treat Palestinians

• _Kindled_, Detective Phelps, Mr. House and 2 others like this

THE GHETTO JEZUS
  • THE GHETTO JEZUS

Tape Is Love, Tape Is Life

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:20 AM

I could ask the same thing to Israelis for how they treat Palestinians

This ^ 

You pretty much described the Israelis in that single post. 

EQUIN0X
  • EQUIN0X

Above The Rain

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:00 AM

PM from OP:

We treat the Palestinians, our enemy, very well. We give job to tens of thousands of Palestinians and they receive free healthcare at Israeli hospitals, at the expense of the Israeli taxpayer. An Arab can freely walk in Israel without having any problem (in fact 23% of Israelis are Arabs with equal rights) while a Jew can't walk in an Arab area without getting stoned or lynched by Arab crowds. And what do we receive as a response for our hospitality? Genocidal threats, violence and rockets every week!

Who is not treating well each other?

Well apparently Jews and Israelis never did anything wrong and Palestinians just bomb them for no reason.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:12 AM

Reading some of the posts in this thread reminded me of why I barely even visit this section anymore. 

• Palikari likes this

Palikari
  • Palikari

בחור טוב

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:38 AM

PM from OP:

We treat the Palestinians, our enemy, very well. We give job to tens of thousands of Palestinians and they receive free healthcare at Israeli hospitals, at the expense of the Israeli taxpayer. An Arab can freely walk in Israel without having any problem (in fact 23% of Israelis are Arabs with equal rights) while a Jew can't walk in an Arab area without getting stoned or lynched by Arab crowds. And what do we receive as a response for our hospitality? Genocidal threats, violence and rockets every week!

Well apparently Jews and Israelis never did anything wrong and Palestinians just bomb them for no reason.

You don't know what stay on topic means, right? The mods recommend to take to PM any argument, and that's what I did. I will not discuss the whole conflict with you on this thread.

EQUIN0X
  • EQUIN0X

Above The Rain

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:45 AM

PM from OP:

You don't know what stay on topic means, right? The mods recommend to take to PM any argument, and that's what I did. I will not discuss the whole conflict with you on this thread.

I think it's fairly evident from the replies in this thread that people simply don't care if a few teenagers were kidnapped in a country that's at war. It happens everywhere, all over the world. This is not a special case simply because it happened in Israel nor did it deserve it's own thread. You are making matters worse by lying and acting as if your country (and its people/Government) has never done anything wrong.

And for the record, I hope they are found safely and I wish them no harm.

Since this is going relatively nowhere, I request a lock.

Palikari
  • Palikari

בחור טוב

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:05 AM Edited by Palikari, 14 June 2014 - 07:14 AM.

PM from OP:

I think it's fairly evident from the replies in this thread that people simply don't care if a few teenagers were kidnapped in a country that's at war. It happens everywhere, all over the world. This is not a special case simply because it happened in Israel nor did it deserve it's own thread. You are making matters worse by lying and acting as if your country (and its people/Government) has never done anything wrong.

And for the record, I hope they are found safely and I wish them no harm.

Since this is going relatively nowhere, I request a lock.
"It happens everywhere." Not everywhere students are kidnapped by Islamic terrorists. Maybe in your country this happens frequently, but not in Israel and most First World countries.

You did not say the same about the topic about the two Arab rioters who died in front of Ofer's prison. Palestinian deaths deserve a thread but not Israeli deaths?* Why this double standards? You know, "it happens everywhere", right?

* = I think those poor boys are already dead. I hope I'm wrong.

I have never lied or stated that Israel is perfect. Please could you quote me saying that Israel has never done anything wrong?

Thanks.

EQUIN0X
  • EQUIN0X

Above The Rain

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:18 AM Edited by EQUIN0X, 14 June 2014 - 07:26 AM.

I wasn't in the thread you're referring to. To say you have never treated "your enemy" poorly is, to put it bluntly, complete bullsh*t. Again I don't care if it happened in Israel. People getting kidnapped in your country is not anymore special than others. And yes this does happen everywhere. Do you not recall those 100 Nigerian girls who were kidnapped? Or the recent US soldier who was held for 5 years by Islamic radicals?

I would say the same thing to a Palestinian who claimed his country never treated Israelis badly.

My whole point being: admit to your faults and play fair.

But of course that's never going to happen.

So I am done with this conversation. I did not come here to discuss politics but I keep getting wrapped up in it like an idiot.

EDIT: Again I wish the best of luck to the kidnapped boys. I wish them no harm and hope they return safely.

Palikari
  • Palikari

בחור טוב

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:33 AM Edited by Palikari, 14 June 2014 - 07:36 AM.

I wasn't in the thread you're referring to. To say you have never treated "your enemy" poorly is, to put it bluntly, complete bullsh*t. Again I don't care if it happened in Israel. People getting kidnapped in your country is not anymore special than others. And yes this does happen everywhere. Do you not recall those 100 Nigerian girls who were kidnapped? Or the recent US soldier who was held for 5 years by Islamic radicals?

I would say the same thing to a Palestinian who claimed his country never treated Israelis badly.

So I am done with this conversation. I did not come here to discuss politics but I keep getting wrapped up in it like an idiot.

Israel doesn't treat poorly Palestinian civilians on a daily basis. That's not part of Israeli policies. There are exceptions only a few times. Don't expect terrorists to be well treated, not in Israel or any other country.

"I would say the same to a Palestinian [...]". The difference is that Israel's target are ONLY terrorists, not civilians; and Palestinian terrorists target are civilians and soldiers, specially civilians.

Nigeria is an African anarchic third world country where some zones are controlled de facto by Boko Haram. Afghanistan is another anarchic third world country that is at war with the Taliban. Israel is a First World stable and peaceful country with a low intensity conflict. You can't compare Israel with Nigeria and/or Afghanistan.

"Admit your faults and play fair". That's what you should do. Look at your own first.

"I did not come here to discuss politics". REALLY? It does not seem so... That's exactly what you have willingly done all the time.

I'm done with you. Yalla, bye!
  • Ari Gold likes this

EQUIN0X
  • EQUIN0X

Above The Rain

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:36 AM

Israel doesn't treat poorly Palestinian civilians on a daily basis.

"I would say the same to a Palestinian [...]". The difference is that Israel's target are ONLY terrorists, not civilians; and Palestinian terrorists target are civilians and soldiers, specially civilians.

http://www.cbsnews.c...ren-in-custody/

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:40 AM

Right. And that was in the news and was a pretty big f*cking deal. What point are you trying to make?
  • SWEETSAPRIK likes this

EQUIN0X
  • EQUIN0X

Above The Rain

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:48 AM

Right. And that was in the news and was a pretty big f*cking deal. What point are you trying to make?

Not really. Because again kidnappings by religious extremists happen all over the world. Nor is one country's kidnappings more important than the other like OP is implying. It happens in Nigeria. It happens in America. And it happened in Israel.

Nor should any of these countries act as if they have done nothing wrong. Nor do we need a thread for every single kidnapping.

Once again: play fair. If one thread is to be made for Israel then another should be made for Palestine.

Alright I said I was done. I'm out.

SWEETSAPRIK
  • SWEETSAPRIK

Pяopagaиda Iиc.

• Feroci
  • Unknown
  • Sourest Member

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:48 AM

The OP can be a bit oblivious to reality sometimes, and Israel, well yeah. That said, if you want to start a topic on Israel's injustices towards Palestine, why not go start one. Why don't one of you f*cktards point me to the last topic where a bunch of teenagers were kidnapped, and someone made a topic about it, and then a bunch inbred pieces of sh*t decided to spam the hell out of that topic. But do it via pm, so I can ignore it like I'm probably going to ignore any new posts in this topic.

@OP

I hope they find them. Alive, with all their pieces intact.

• Palikari and Tacymist like this

Palikari
  • Palikari

בחור טוב

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:49 AM Edited by Palikari, 14 June 2014 - 08:09 AM.

Israel doesn't treat poorly Palestinian civilians on a daily basis.
http://www.cbsnews.c...ren-in-custody/
Israel doesn't do that. I'm 100% sure. The UN lies against Israel and its only sources are Palestinian, which are famous for lying (do you know what Pallywood is?). The UN can't show ANY evidence that these claims are true. The UN is obsessed with Israel:

un.1.jpg
  • Ari Gold likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users