Photo

Do you Dislike / Hate Any Gta Game ?

51 replies to this topic
SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Ice cold slavic killer

• Serbia

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:04 AM

San Andreas. I don't hate it, but if I had to be honest I do genuinely dislike it. Apart from the tri city map. soundtrack and a few characters I don't find much value in it.

It doesn't help when people simply refuse anything negative on the basis of it having so "many things to do".

For me it's a combination of my own gripes when the game was new and the attitude that it's what GTA should be. Especially when it's to discourage GTA IV.
  • theGTAking101 and ssbawesome like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Go eat your mom's ass

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:51 AM Edited by B Dawg, 18 June 2014 - 09:53 AM.

GTA should be a combination of SA and IV, content and quality, combination of the best parts of both worlds but V managed to bring out the worst :lol:

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

._.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:57 AM

Just click unlike, but you will be remembered as the guy who likes disliking IV. That's not very nice.  

And I can't seem to click unlike... 9ec.jpg

just click the Like This Button Again.

Interestingly enough, when I liked other comments, I could "unlike" them again, but I can't do that with this one... WTF?

Grievous
  • Grievous

Wall of Text Armada

• Members

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:42 AM

The Ballad of Gay Tony.
I must have made at least two wall of text on my disliking of it last year.

http://gtaforums.com...t/?p=1064095056
http://gtaforums.com...s/?p=1064097265
http://gtaforums.com...s/?p=1064186996

In short, I dislike it not mainly due to its 'change of atmosphere', but rather because I simply find the action unsatisfying.
Going dumb and loud can be entertaining but when you do it for the sake of just wanting to go dumb and loud then you best do it right, especially when it goes against the already pre-established atmosphere of Liberty City. Unfortunately I just wasn't awed by the explosive actions, I ironically find the action sequences in Lost and Damned and IV to be much more effective and satisfying.
Ballad wanted to go over the top but only scraped the surface. It was like they wanted to say "hey we can still make this sort of thing" but that's as far as they've gone to, instead of actually 'doing' the thing they wanted to do.

Thus in my perspective there was no reason to make an episode such as Ballad when they could have easily made a third 'grim' entry and still provide tight narrative and gameplay execution, and more importantly actually contribute something to IV's trilogy, whereas Ballad tried very hard in making it seem relevant -awkwardly tying the Bulgarin angle and contributing absolutely nothing to the diamond situation- but it just falls flat.
The Ballad of Gay Tony would have worked better as an accompaniment piece to V, but not IV. It was thus a wasted opportunity.

I still enjoy it as a third person shooter, somewhat, but not as a Grand Theft Auto experience.
The fact that it was also one of the more popular entry to the series didn't helped on my perception of it either.

San Andreas. I don't hate it, but if I had to be honest I do genuinely dislike it. Apart from the tri city map. soundtrack and a few characters I don't find much value in it.

It doesn't help when people simply refuse anything negative on the basis of it having so "many things to do".

For me it's a combination of my own gripes when the game was new and the attitude that it's what GTA should be. Especially when it's to discourage GTA IV.

I enjoy both San Andreas and IV, though I have to say, I've never done much in San Andreas other than completing story missions and ignore most if not all of the side missions and activities.
I basically played it the same way I would play IV, only that IV was a significant improvement over the tighter narrative display. Nevertheless, playing through San Andreas by just sticking to the narrative still proves to be a worthwhile experience.
It was also commendable that each story mission either introduced a new gameplay mechanic or involved handling a situation differently than before, something that V tried to emulate but somehow looked shallow instead.

What sort of gripes did you had with San Andreas?

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Ice cold slavic killer

• Serbia

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:03 AM

I wasn't a fan of the shift towards micromanagement such as eating, stamina etc. I was glad IV removed it. I also found the side missions to be quite bland.

I've tried to get into it, but simply can't. I would say it's a good game, but that's it. I had fonder memories of GTA III and VC.
  • ssbawesome likes this

ssbawesome
  • ssbawesome

The Eigth Sage

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:54 PM

I wasn't a fan of the shift towards micromanagement such as eating, stamina etc. I was glad IV removed it. I also found the side missions to be quite bland.

I've tried to get into it, but simply can't. I would say it's a good game, but that's it. I had fonder memories of GTA III and VC.

You are my hero for saying that.

• SonOfLiberty likes this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:11 PM

I can't say I completely hate or dislike any of the GTA games I've played. But V was honestly one of the worst GTA's I've played. The atmosphere feels so limited and artificial and Rockstar made changes to almost everything that was good about the last GTA's.

EagleStrike
  • EagleStrike

Cousin

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:22 PM

GTA LCS is my least favorite/ most disliked GTA. It felt more like an expansion pack to III. On its own, this game would be great but compared to other GTAs, this is a pass. This is my opinion however; you guys may like it and its totally okay.

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:18 AM

I hate GTA IV. I found it very boring compared to 3D-era GTA games, and the missions felt very repetitive. Also TBoGT, that just sucked. I haven't even completed it.
  • Chips237 likes this

AdusPL
  • AdusPL

GTA III Dark Edition

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:41 AM

I LOVE every GTA, but two of them are so f*cking overrated. I'm talking about VC and SA.
VC has VERY boring city, it feels smaller than 3's LC, when it isn't. And it's so plain. I can't understand why people love it so much... I even like GTA 2 more than this.
  • theGTAking101, Jeansowaty and tehSpitefulPotato like this

bengalboy_0701
  • bengalboy_0701

Under Control

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:10 AM

I LOVE every GTA, but two of them are so f*cking overrated. I'm talking about VC and SA.
VC has VERY boring city, it feels smaller than 3's LC, when it isn't. And it's so plain. I can't understand why people love it so much... I even like GTA 2 more than this.

VC managed to capture the feel of the 80's, especially 80's Miami profoundly. Look at the map, there's a lot of diversity in those few districts. Ocean Beach looks like heaven on earth, though it is the spot for many of the city's crimes. Just across the bay the mainland is the worst place of the city, and downtown leans on both sides. All just at an arm's length. Plus don't forget the neons.
I can understand why you hate it though. Compared to the others, VC is just elementary.
  • theGTAking101 likes this

AdusPL
  • AdusPL

GTA III Dark Edition

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:06 PM

VC managed to capture the feel of the 80's, especially 80's Miami profoundly. Look at the map, there's a lot of diversity in those few districts. Ocean Beach looks like heaven on earth, though it is the spot for many of the city's crimes. Just across the bay the mainland is the worst place of the city, and downtown leans on both sides. All just at an arm's length. Plus don't forget the neons.

I can understand why you hate it though. Compared to the others, VC is just elementary.

I don't hate this, I just don't know why it's so overrated.

As for me city is very boring, second island is just nothing, few roads, when there could be much more (Downtown).

And I love atmosphere like was in III. VC's opposite to that.

• theGTAking101, Jeansowaty and tehSpitefulPotato like this

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

._.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:52 PM

As for me city is very boring, second island is just nothing, few roads, when there could be much more (Downtown).

The only good things about VC are Wildstyle Pirate Radio and its limits, good for moddin'! :p

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Ice cold slavic killer

• Serbia

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:57 PM

VC is such a classic. Each to their own, but for me it's the pinnacle of the 3D era.
  • Vercetti42 and ssbawesome like this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I see nothing but good things for you my boy.

• Members
  • India

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:04 PM

Nope I only hate the fanbase:

"GIVE US JETPACKS ROCKSTAR!!"

"WAAAH I WANT CJ"

"GTA SA IZ DE BEAST GAME EVERRRRR!"

"I WANT A GTA SA 2.0"

"I WANT A GTA IV 2.0"

"I WANT A GTA VC 2.0"

"I WANT A GTA III 2.0"

And worst of all:

"MY OPINION IS A FACT"

• SonOfLiberty, AnDReJ98, Chips237 and 4 others like this

bengalboy_0701
  • bengalboy_0701

Under Control

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:02 PM

VC managed to capture the feel of the 80's, especially 80's Miami profoundly. Look at the map, there's a lot of diversity in those few districts. Ocean Beach looks like heaven on earth, though it is the spot for many of the city's crimes. Just across the bay the mainland is the worst place of the city, and downtown leans on both sides. All just at an arm's length. Plus don't forget the neons.I can understand why you hate it though. Compared to the others, VC is just elementary.

The only good things about VC are Wildstyle Pirate Radio and its limits, good for moddin'! :p
Am I the only player who actually likes that Downtown area? First time I explored it I couldn't get over it. Even had dreams about it. True story.
Or maybe that's just because I was 9 years old, don't really bother going downtown now.
On a footnote, some people actually like sh*tty, rundown areas like mainland VC.
I'd rather not continue on this, it'll just go downhill.
  • AdusPL likes this

VanillaIce
  • VanillaIce

Cole Phelps FanBoy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:33 PM Edited by VanillaIce, 20 June 2014 - 06:34 PM.

i would say the Soundtrack was Fantastic and it captured the 80s vibe quite well but other than i agree its quite Overrated the Storyline is Generic tommy is a douche the gameplay is of course Outdated Now and vice city is Pretty dull it pales in Comparison to the Magical Liberty City From III i  Would still take it over San Andreas Though.

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

._.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 21 June 2014 - 10:21 AM

i would say the Soundtrack was Fantastic and it captured the 80s vibe quite well but other than i agree its quite Overrated the Storyline is Generic tommy is a douche the gameplay is of course Outdated Now and vice city is Pretty dull it pales in Comparison to the Magical Liberty City From III i  Would still take it over San Andreas Though.

Too. Much. Pop. And. Rock.

There could have been an early house station at least...

lloydo
  • lloydo

Count

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 June 2014 - 10:32 AM

Anything post-3 era in terms of storylines.

If you're going to end the 3 era, do it properly with completely new cities.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:00 AM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 23 June 2014 - 12:01 AM.

Not really, though San Andreas comes close. Not because of the game itself, but because of it's fanboys and how they can't appreciate newer GTAs. And I never saw what was so great about CJ either, he has to be the most overrated protagonist in the series. I'd even prefer Luis Lopez over him.

• SonOfLiberty and theGTAking101 like this

TheUnholy
  • TheUnholy

Brain Stew

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:49 AM Edited by TheUnholy, 23 June 2014 - 07:59 AM.

I can't say I dislike a GTA game, but I anticipate some of them, and generally because of them annoying fanboys. You know they drive people crazy, it's not liking what they do, it's worshipping what they do. Lemme give you an example: although I like Trevor, sometimes I anticipate him because of Trevor fanboys who are just pain in the ass. They see Trevor like the new Kratos of the gaming world (actually it's partly of Rockstar who showed Trevor sort of an invincable meth tweaker who smashed Johnny's head under his boots, cut the ear of a Mexican drug lord and kidnapped his wife [come on Rockstar, that was the point where you took the last crap to blow up the f*cking toilet]) and they say things like Trevor can kill the crap out of anybody. Come on, T fanboys are the damn creatures of Rockstar itself. Take another point. Michael is another thing though. Michael, actually a "can be called a good character" but you know there's fashion of "take the newest game, praise it and its protagonists". Michael has been seen as the new Vercetti amongst some of this fashion's followers. Come on. R* screwed up there as well. Because V's story was just turning around three men pulling heists (but almost no other obligation: T's meth and gun empire saga was damn short, just served as a backgroundic introduction; Franklin's running with the wrong kind just did include kidnapping a Balla OG, later striking a deal with him, which turned out to be an ambush and going to a coke deal where the buyer drywalled him, Lamar and T; and I dunno but Michael should go wild, maybe just a bit, like back in the day, his family issues would make much more store for the story but Michael was just a guy who had a family including a silicon-tit wife that like to be sucked off by other males, a whorish daughter and a fat son who smokes pot and play game (actually good characters, but their stage felt like unnecessary, sorry but poor writing] and a guy who pulled heists and collected crap under some FIB's agents butts) and wiping out some corrupt FIB's back. Especially, Mikey. Mike almost did nothing except for wiping the FIB's ass. Now, how the hell would he be the new Vercetti? I don't like Tommy so much but come on, it's annoying. Another thing is that in general, V is seen as "genetically superior". Some people somehow see V's story as a perfect, flawless story. How? Thanks to Lord, this forum, at least, is occupied by sensible GTA player or even sensible V players who admit that story was not that good and characters were not that poweful. The things I've said above are my observations on another GTA forum I'm hanging around.

I mean I like San Andreas, and I'm showing such a great respect for it, because it's probably one of the most successful games ever made and I find it pretty successful by GTA means, but the problem with San Andreas is that some annoying GTA boys again, who like to compare any sh*t with GTA, by any means. A'right, it's okay, San Andreas has a wide range of features including anything that can come your mind. However, there are lots of people whining about why IV had not body building, eating and putting on pounds... To be honest, I spent my time on building body five times, in total, it was pointless and not so much of a deal. They say they were a huge number of activities in San Andreas, cool, right but they were whining on same thing for IV. What!? Let me tell this, IV had quality activities, side missions as well. IV's were fun, simple and plain, meanwhile San Andreas' were fun, excessive yet unnecessary. To be honest, I would rather kill criminals on Most Wanted, do hits for The Fixer, boost cars for Stevie rather than participating in triathlon races. I like San Andreas because it has a good understanding of open-world gaming, it has perfect story, it has good (but not awesome, in general) characters but some people make me anticipate it in one way or anohter because of their meaningless mourning for the game on unnecessary things.

Sorry, was a quite long writing. :)

• ssbawesome likes this

theGTAking101
  • theGTAking101

GTA IV is king!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:24 AM Edited by theGTAking101, 23 June 2014 - 01:24 AM.

Not really, though San Andreas comes close. Not because of the game itself, but because of it's fanboys and how they can't appreciate newer GTAs. And I never saw what was so great about CJ either, he has to be the most overrated protagonist in the series. I'd even prefer Luis Lopez over him.

This.

San Andreas is a great game, but the fanboys make me hate it sometimes. They take every chance they get to hate on IV and V.

• xXGst0395Xx and Jeansowaty like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users