Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Golden Trump Award 2016
    Funniest Member 2015
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Second Best Alien

Posted A day ago

I'm pretty sure my job would pay me if I only missed the one day. But if the trial runs long I probably wouldn't get paid. The company I work for is very poor. But I'm not entirely sure so I would rather just get released from it on the first day and just not have to worry about it.

@Eris: That's what my dad told me to do. He said that he's heard of cases that were Marijuana related and it took them several months to even select a jury because they kept dismissing people who said they believe marijuana shouldn't be illegal.

The way it is in the US, work is required to give you time off, if the trial goes for more than 3 days they pay you. It's sh*t pay, though.

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago Edited by feckyerlife, A day ago.

I got summomed for Jury Duty but I don't have any vacatiom time left for the year. So what's the best way to get out of it so I don't get wrapped up In a several month long trial and go broke? Would telling the judge that I wouldn't be a good juror because I don't believe in trial by jury Be effective?

work can't deduct time from Jury Duty. I've done Jury Duty twice, once Federal and once for the State. Its different in both situations. At the state/county they put us in 3 groups of 24, they put us in a waiting room. After awhile a bailiff came in and looked at the groups and picked one. mine wasn't picked so we were told to wait until lunch time in case the first group didnt work out, at lunch time they told us to go home. On the federal level they will bring you into the court room in front of the judge, prosecutor/DA and Attorney for the defendant. Then what they do is take turns asking the group questions, which could be related to the case or general background questions, all you do is raise your hand if that question pertained to you. Then after the words they put you in a side room and let go the people who didnt get selected.  I would say the federal one was actually shorter than the one from State. You do get paid for Jury Duty. I think the state was $7 an hour and federal was $10, it could be more now. They also pay you for gas and mileage. I was on jury duty 10yrs ago so im sure things have changed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users