13,376 replies to this topic
Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Most Corrupt Staff 2014

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:12 PM

Q&A v3

Hey all - the previous topic is a minefield full of quote trains and hidden or deleted posts. Here's a shiny new one to fill with everything that keeps you up nights pondering. This topic is a great tool for keeping this section less cluttered and spammy so let's take care of it.

If you enjoy browsing and posting here, you can help keep Gen Chat clean by:

• If you see a new topic that belongs here, report it and feel free to link this topic.
  • If you see obvious spam in this topic, do not reply to it. Just report it and move on.
  • Keep the quote trains to a minimum. Learn to edit your replies.
  • This topic is not for conversations. If you need to discuss something specific with another member, take it to PM.

Last topic for reference - http://gtaforums.com...-a-question-v2/

Enjoy.

• *MURDOC*, na89340qv0n34b09q340, Andreas and 2 others like this

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:00 PM

Oh hey.

So I want to get about ~700 songs onto once device, and it'll likely increase a fair amount in use. Would 32Gb be good for this, including extra for things like images and backing up small files (because why not)?

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:08 PM

I have more than 1500 songs on my 16GB ipod, and it's just over halfway full. I don't have any images or stuff on it though.

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:35 PM Edited by gtarelatedusername2, 13 June 2014 - 06:35 PM.

Oh hey.

So I want to get about ~700 songs onto once device, and it'll likely increase a fair amount in use. Would 32Gb be good for this, including extra for things like images and backing up small files (because why not)?

Unless they're FLAC or WAV files and/or extremely long songs, that should be *more* than enough room.

EphemeralStar
  • EphemeralStar

fkyou

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 13 June 2014 - 07:55 PM

Erm... this may be stupid to ask, but are there ANY countries that aren't in debt?

• Kamd likes this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 13 June 2014 - 07:58 PM

while it's bad for your personal finances, running a debt is not actually a bad thing for a country.

• epoxi and sivispacem like this

EphemeralStar
  • EphemeralStar

fkyou

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:08 PM

I see. Can someone explain to me the pros and cons of tolling bridges then and why the government does it besides the fact that our country is in debt? We have 3 major bridges where I live, one which is already tolled and now they plan on tolling another... I just don't get why.

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:21 PM Edited by Voodoo, 13 June 2014 - 08:22 PM.

The tolls help pay the cost of maintenance. You should gladly pay a toll for these services since infrastructure is severely neglected in most countries.

• epoxi, Graven, Anger Personified and 1 other like this

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [Gen Chat]

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:46 PM Edited by trip, 13 June 2014 - 10:25 PM.

Can someone explain to me the pros and cons of tolling bridges

Where I live there is no toll to cross the bridge into New Jersey, but to cross the same bridge from Jersey into Philadelphia it cost $4. That is how we keep a handle on Jersey people coming into our city.

• epoxi, Voodoo, Panz and 7 others like this

Ray
  • Ray

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:11 PM

Who has the most active posts on this site? Just curious.

Vanto
  • Vanto

Gangsta

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:12 PM Edited by Vanto, 13 June 2014 - 09:12 PM.

Girish, with over 36000 posts.

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

♪ Anything 80's ♫

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:18 PM

On the bottom of the index page you can press "Overall Top Posters" and see a complete list of all the forum users sorted according to number of posts.

THE GHETTO JEZUS
  • THE GHETTO JEZUS

Tape Is Love, Tape Is Life

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:36 PM

I see. Can someone explain to me the pros and cons of tolling bridges then and why the government does it besides the fact that our country is in debt? We have 3 major bridges where I live, one which is already tolled and now they plan on tolling another... I just don't get why.

The reason why our bridges are tolled is because that's the only way to get the money to build them. As you mentioned we're in debt and tolling is the only option to put money in the governments pockets. Also with the tolling they can use that money to improve our transportation system such as building the Broadway Subway Line our extending the Skytrain out to Langley and improve bus service around the region. 

• EphemeralStar likes this

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:08 PM Edited by Joe Chip, 13 June 2014 - 10:08 PM.

Oh hey.

700 mp3s at 320 kb/s (and they probably wouldn't all be if you're downloading them from somewhere that doesn't serve 'em up that way) at an average of five minutes each would take about 8 GB of space according to this calculator. 32 GB should be way more than enough for 700 songs. :)

kipakolonyasi
  • kipakolonyasi

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:19 PM

we all know 99% of the games say something along the lines of "rental, unauthorized copying, reverse engineering, etc., etc. and PUBLIC PERFORMANCE is stictly prohibited and results in copyright infringement bla bla..." on the packaging or on the start screen. my question is: how the hell is Twitch still alive then? Twitch falls right under public performance and 99% of the games make it clear that a public performance of this game is prohibited and does result in copyright infringement. why did game companies let Twitch get away with it?

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

♪ Anything 80's ♫

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:05 PM

we all know 99% of the games say something along the lines of "rental, unauthorized copying, reverse engineering, etc., etc. and PUBLIC PERFORMANCE is stictly prohibited and results in copyright infringement bla bla..." on the packaging or on the start screen. my question is: how the hell is Twitch still alive then? Twitch falls right under public performance and 99% of the games make it clear that a public performance of this game is prohibited and does result in copyright infringement. why did game companies let Twitch get away with it?

Think about it, Twitch/Youtube are basically free publicity for game publishers. People who watch a video or live stream of someone playing a particular game are likely to think "I like the way that game looks, I want to try it myself" in which case they'd have to go get a copy of their own = more sales. Nintendo are a famous exception to this though for some reason. They like to claim ads and/or having sound removed from videos of people playing their games on Youtube.

I'm not sure, but I guess it could also mean setting up a console/PC in a public location like a mall/hospital etc. and let people play that game for free, it which case it makes complete sense. Game shops can probably make some sort of special deal to have a newly released game set up to let people try it there in their store.
  • kipakolonyasi likes this

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:47 AM

Erm... are there ANY countries that aren't in debt?

I have read that

Cuba,

North Korea,

Andorra,

Liechtenstein,

Monaco

and Nauru.

don’t have world debts.

• Mince and EphemeralStar like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich, so wie du bist.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:51 AM

Can anybody identify the font used for this game?

60523-forside.jpg

SolidSnails
  • SolidSnails

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:34 AM

Think about it, Twitch/Youtube are basically free publicity for game publishers. People who watch a video or live stream of someone playing a particular game are likely to think "I like the way that game looks, I want to try it myself" in which case they'd have to go get a copy of their own = more sales. Nintendo are a famous exception to this though for some reason. They like to claim ads and/or having sound removed from videos of people playing their games on Youtube.

I'm not sure, but I guess it could also mean setting up a console/PC in a public location like a mall/hospital etc. and let people play that game for free, it which case it makes complete sense. Game shops can probably make some sort of special deal to have a newly released game set up to let people try it there in their store.
that is true whenever i wanna buy a game il watch a few streams

Sentrion
  • Sentrion

Facade Corp™

• BUSTED!
  • European-Union

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:31 AM Edited by ArchKnight, 14 June 2014 - 02:33 AM.

Erm... are there ANY countries that aren't in debt?

I have read that
Cuba,
North Korea,
Andorra,
Liechtenstein,
Monaco
and Nauru.
don’t have world debts.

So, Russia is in debt? From which country.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:36 AM Edited by lil weasel, 14 June 2014 - 02:51 AM.

So, Russia is in debt? From which country.

The WORLD BANK.  :^:

http://data.worldban...es/ids-2013.pdf

• Sentrion likes this

bread
  • bread

Grown conventionally and organically worldwide

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:37 AM

Can someone explain to me the pros and cons of tolling bridges

Where I live there is no toll to cross the bridge into New Jersey, but to cross the same bridge from Jersey into Philadelphia it cost $4. That is how we keep a handle on Jersey people coming into our city.

We have a toll on the AC expressway to get to the shore. That's how we keep a handle on you Philly people/shoobies coming down here for a day.

• Tacymist likes this

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:38 AM Edited by Voodoo, 14 June 2014 - 03:50 AM.

Five posts in a row that I had to remove. Good job.

Make that six. Q, A or GTFO.

SolidSnails
  • SolidSnails

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:41 AM Edited by Voodoo, 14 June 2014 - 04:21 AM.

Is it normal for weather forecasters to mess up 25/8?

Plank.
  • Plank.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:32 AM Edited by Yolo Swaggins, 14 June 2014 - 06:41 AM.

Is it a coincidence that Werewolves of London has a similar riff to Sweet Home Alabama, or did they just blatantly copy it?

EDIT: More important question: My dentist prescribed me two mouthwashes. They are Nystatin and Lido/Dexameth/Diphen. He said that one of them contains benadryl and that I don't have to swallow that one. Which one has the benadryl? I'm a spitter, not a swallower.

Devyl
  • Devyl

Wait; I have a .GIF for that.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:51 AM

Is it a coincidence that Werewolves of London has a similar riff to Sweet Home Alabama, or did they just blatantly copy it?

EDIT: More important question: My dentist prescribed me two mouthwashes. They are Nystatin and Lido/Dexameth/Diphen. He said that one of them contains benadryl and that I don't have to swallow that one. Which one has the benadryl? I'm a spitter, not a swallower.

Who the hell swallows mouthwash? Just spit them both out dude.

• Finn 7 five 11 likes this

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

If words could make wishes come true

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most GIFted Member
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:07 AM

Just gurgle and spit, that's what I always do.

And the same goes for mouthwash as well.

• Frank Brown and Del Perro Dog like this

DJ Arrt
  • DJ Arrt

Dreamer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:10 AM

Would you say smoking weed almost everyday for 9 months, at 16/17, is bad/mentally unhealthy?

Devyl
  • Devyl

Wait; I have a .GIF for that.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:57 AM

Would you say smoking weed almost everyday for 9 months, at 16/17, is bad/mentally unhealthy?

While more than likely not physically harmful, it may have slightly inhibited some forms of mental and emotional development. However, science just hasn't had enough research to back those claims with 100% certainty. 

I'd recommend a tolerance break though for a month. If you feel as though you just can't give up cannabis for anything and you HAVE to have it everyday, seek out help. https://www.marijuana-anonymous.org/ is a great first stop.

• Marwin likes this

GroundZero
  • GroundZero

Previous Username: Bull12345Bull

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:59 AM

Which is the easiest way to record PS3 gameplay?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users