47 replies to this topic
johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:28 AM

I wont know until I play it.

However its probably not there what with the exclusion of staple GTA features. Taxi, police and ambulance and an enjoyable driving mechanic.

In fact scratch that I KNOW its not there. I know what you're talking about OP there was a special GTA feel that was unique when you played it. Its hard to describe but its there. Although not everyone may sense it.

And you know what, that 'magical feel' has long been evaporating since the GTAIII era. Remember rampages, quirky peds that walk around, Elvis has left the building, that weird voiceover guy? These small things were necessary in creating that unique-not-taking-ourselves-too-seriously 'feel'. No one can say that is still

Anyone who says otherwise is blind.

We have been robbed of that.

• Osho likes this

CSUdude
  • CSUdude

Free Candy van driver

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:00 PM Edited by CSUdude, 14 June 2014 - 02:04 PM.

GTA V didn't feel like GTA to me. The only thing GTA-esque about it was the fact that you could shoot, steal, and nothing else... The humor was sh*t and the cars were personality-less. Also, the world didn't have the GTA feeling at all, it doesn't even urge me to explore.

I'm still surprised that IV felt like a true GTA game and V didn't. If you're downgrading from IV then you KNOW you f*cked up somewhere.
This is where I disagree and everything is just a matter of opinion.

I played all of the GTA 3d and Hd era games when they were new. GTAIII had that "WOW" factor in 2000-01. SA was as close to perfection as you could get (if not for cars disappearing in garages). I remember right before IV came out, I was really enjoying VCS, which was just a PSP ported game that was just leaving the PS2 on life support.

But then I played IV for a couple of hours back in 2008. It just didnt do it for me. It didnt warrant buying a then current gen system (PS3). It didnt have any soul for me. It had a lot of things but I felt empty playing it. It reminded me of True Crime, which to me is a great example of a game that had many features but just lacked that feel to it.

Fast forward to 2013 and I just love GTAV! I dont play many games iutside of GTA but I was so blown away that I finally bought a PS3 (500gb GTAV bundle) just for V. For me personally, I thought it captured the GTA vibe again. I still think SA has many things that I wished V had, but it was special enough and felt like a successor to a what SA was.

Like I said, just my take on "that gta feel"
  • Lock N' Stock likes this

aqwaqwaq8
  • aqwaqwaq8

What the f*ck am I supposed to write here?

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:21 PM

It's probably more of a nolgastic feeling towards the older games,

maybe in a few years when GTA VI is out you'll love gtav and make a similar topic.

Of course GTA has changed a lot but maybe it's you that have changed and like other things in games and is the change too much for you.

But that's everyone's own opinion. If you feel that way I don't think next gen/pc ports are gonna change that.

V 9 L U K 3 4 V
  • V 9 L U K 3 4 V

v 9 L u k E 4 V

• Members

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:54 PM

No. It will change nothing, you will be looking at a prettier game that's a bit more alive than before, that's pretty much it. 

wait and see you might regret your words when you find out what that something special is they haven't told us yet 

Gregers08
  • Gregers08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:06 PM

For me it's the lack of mission complete jingles, made this a few months ago see if it does anything for you

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:35 PM

For me "That GTA Feel" translates to "Tank rampage". The tank is garbage in V. It just is. What kind of f*cking tank can't take 3 explosions? I mean, okay, I get why they did it for online, but why single player? The first GTA game I ever played is vice city. The first thing I did in that game was spawn tank followed by tank rampage. That tank could take at least 20 or more explosions.

V's tank sucks. It just plain god damn sucks. The invincibility cheat makes up for it a bit, but even that last 5 minutes because someone thought cheats should have more difficulty, which should have come across to the rest of the team like someone suggesting that water should be more dry, but there I go wanting to have cheats be less limited and more fun again. Silly me.

A tank that can take more than 3 explosions? Too much fun for this GTA apparently. Just like an invincibility cheat that lasts forever like in every other sandbox game including SR2 and Red Dead Redemption.

iIiIiI00080
  • iIiIiI00080

Rock On

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 June 2014 - 03:28 AM Edited by cldd, 17 June 2014 - 03:28 AM.

For me it's the lack of mission complete jingles, made this a few months ago see if it does anything for you

That feel when you know you can change this. <3 

Stevilknievel
  • Stevilknievel

Outlaw

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 17 June 2014 - 03:37 AM Edited by Stevilknievel, 17 June 2014 - 03:38 AM.

https://www.youtube....7hYM&feature=kp

I will change it to this^

I know it doesn't make sense, but god dammit IDGAF.

• Donut likes this

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 June 2014 - 03:45 AM

For me, the GTA feel is a good map.  I don't really think the map in GTA 5 is very good "yet".  The countryside has barely any trees, the city has the smallest ghetto ever, the desert looks more like a sandpit...  etc.  A good map is where the devs take every aspect and make them equal in size and immersion.  (ghetto same size as downtown, city same size as countryside)  All players should play to their own liking.  I enjoy driving around the beach and South Central.

M4RK
  • M4RK

Thug

• Members

Posted 17 June 2014 - 04:10 AM

About that "gta feel" you were talking about...I have to disagree.  I think that gta4 was missing that "gta feel" and they brought it back in V.

--Vega--
  • --Vega--

Serpent Ruled

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 June 2014 - 07:25 AM

Stuff like removing the old side missions (Taxi, Vigilante, etc) will do wonders with removing the GTA feel from GTA.

They have pretty much abandoned their routes and are more about storyline and online play rather than a game packed with a TON of mini-extras.

• Osho likes this

Blackous666
  • Blackous666

CoD HATER

• Members

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:25 AM Edited by Blackous666, 17 June 2014 - 08:29 AM.

poor selection of outfits ... empty big map ... every 3rd mission sucks... por selection of music ... i dont know but I feel that GTA IV was like the last GTA that had the real GTA feeling ... and of course... removed ability to turn off or on police in online really sucks ... no airport fights like in IV

EDIT:// trailer 1 feels like real GTA ... it has the feeling

Sofa
  • Sofa

innocent bystander

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 17 June 2014 - 12:37 PM

I believe i've said it before, gta is becoming a restricted narrative rather than a open ended sandbox, i don't appreciate that much, but still it is quality.

On topic, yes.... Th pc version will remedy (MOD) most of my irks with game, because of a extremely less restrictive and pretty much unlimited platform, surely will be tinkered with, can't wait make michaels familiy killable for example...

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:30 PM

IMO it feels like a "GTA" up until Trevor arrives in LS. When Merryweather gets involved I don't even feel like I'm playing a GTA game anymore.

For me it has always had an identity crisis. On one hand it tries to stick to the classic roots and on the other it seems it wants to appeal to the COD crowd.
  • kj2022, Donut, Scaglietti and 1 other like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:39 PM

About that "gta feel" you were talking about...I have to disagree.  I think that gta4 was missing that "gta feel" and they brought it back in V.

IV felt like III in an HD environment. It's on my list of one of the most GTA feeling games out there. What are you basing your GTA feelings off of? San Andreas? Because to me, GTA needs a good story and an environment that has at least some amount of grit.

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:14 PM Edited by kj2022, 20 June 2014 - 02:29 PM.

It's a love hate relationship with V for me, I enjoy it, but I constantly get the feeling that it could have, and should have, been more. There's just too many blatant cut corners, massive plot holes, errors, and stupid decisions to make the game feel like something else. Rockstar could have expanded the game in so many more ways than just expanding the map. They had so many points in the story where it could have been expanded, even with menial missions, and improved the story. They could have integrated things into the story more, and had less features just half assed in. I have no doubt that the upcoming DLC will improve some of this, but I feel like they tried to fit too much into the game, and came up short in many aspects. 

I should also note, the GTA feeling for me isn't the perfect story, or the perfect map, or the perfect setting. It's freedom. It's being able to do literally everything. It's not that GTA V limits you from doing that, because you can, it's that it never feels like it's in character for Michael, Trevor, or Franklin. By the end game, they're all pretty happy and calm, and then going on rampages and killing hundreds of cops and having huge police chases, just feels really surreal and out of character for me. I feel like, even Trevor, had mellowed by the end of the story, he got what he wanted, and has no reason to go mental anymore.

Where GTA V is a fun game, and it's gorgeous, the atmosphere and the way the story plays, and the side stuff you can do, like missions and things, it just doesn't all add up to what I personally think a GTA game should be. It doesn't feel limiting, it just feels a bit wrong.

• TheOtherRyan, Scaglietti and ric4rd094 like this

Zodape
  • Zodape

CABINETS

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:34 PM

You guys are talking about the 3D era GTA feel. The weird animations, the lifeless city, the weird sounds, the lack of realism. Basically, the old-gen feel.

HD GTAs changed that, therefore, they have a different feel.

Not claiming that this is a fact, thought. Just putting here what I think.

InTheShadowsSince04
  • InTheShadowsSince04

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:00 PM

No. It will change nothing, you will be looking at a prettier game that's a bit more alive than before, that's pretty much it. 

why is this sooooooo hard to understand???...lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users