Photo

That gta feel

47 replies to this topic
InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:58 PM

In gtav there was always something missing. A bit of gta magic and it didnt make much sense. I havent played the game in a month.

I think all this will be resolved in next gen consoles and your beloved pc (we got screwed?) The next gen or current gen shall I say will have the version of what gta v was meant to be and will include alot more sh*t in that version.

I dont have a xone or ps4 or pc and broke as f*ck so wont buy one till atleast 2015. This is very dissapointing.

SO MY QUESTION TO YOU IS!

Will next gen gta v be the real gta and return that magical feel?

One more thing, anything about 32 players online on next gen?

iIiIiI00080
  • iIiIiI00080

Rock On

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:01 PM

No. It will change nothing, you will be looking at a prettier game that's a bit more alive than before, that's pretty much it. 

• visionist, RisingRedWolf, HaythamKenway and 2 others like this

Tilemaxx
  • Tilemaxx

POV City Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:22 PM

Maybe that 'thing" is the extra immersion, we 'll see.

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

Lost in the Virtual Plaza

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:56 PM

Well, if Rockstar happens to sneak in Northern San Andreas, then maybe.

• theGTAking101 likes this

Trevorphilipjfry
  • Trevorphilipjfry

Sandy Shores surfer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:59 PM

...I thought V did have that GTA feel

AM I CRAZY?
  • voyager, dimitrispgr, Che Guevara_187 and 5 others like this

Marabunta Grande
  • Marabunta Grande

Azul y Blanco

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:19 PM

Well, if Rockstar happens to sneak in Northern San Andreas, then maybe.

We're more likely seeing North Yankton and Liberty City than SF and LV.

Why?

Because they have to remake the maps of SF and LV from scratch and we're gonna be charged at least $40 each for SF and LV including story missions.

As for North Yankton and Liberty City. R* could easily reuse the LC from IV and tweak it here and there, same as they could easily reuse North Yankton and make it a real, Open-world map(the one we've had was linear with an open-world feel).

• Mr Pickles and Kampret like this

Bozzah
  • Bozzah

sick, demented griefer

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:20 PM Edited by Bozzah, 13 June 2014 - 03:21 PM.

I had that gta feel when I bought gta v for my ps3

best game I bought on my ps3 so far

• voyager, dimitrispgr, Che Guevara_187 and 2 others like this

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:24 PM

You can build a pc to run it for pretty cheap. Get someone who knows their sh*t to help you out.

• Mr Pickles likes this

Marabunta Grande
  • Marabunta Grande

Azul y Blanco

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:28 PM Edited by <Yang3, 13 June 2014 - 03:30 PM.

I had that gta feel when I bought gta v for my ps3

best game I bought on my ps3 so far

Same here. I really can't forget that feel when I was first driving around the map.

To be honest, GTA V has the most lively world to-date, but we've just expected too much and we were very disappointed in the end.

• OneManCrimeWave and bootswitdafur like this

CSUdude
  • CSUdude

Free Candy van driver

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:44 PM Edited by CSUdude, 13 June 2014 - 05:46 PM.

I think the talk about "that GTA feel" is just an opinion with no basis except for miniscule personal preferences.

Because if you ask me, I thought GTA IV felt a bit empty. I mean, it's a great game. I played GTAIII, SA and all of the other smaller ported games based off of the 3D games when they first came out and all felt fine. But when I played IV for a couple hours when it first came out, it just felt weird. Fast forward 6 years later, and I go back to playing IV after playing V and it still feels a bit off. But that's just an opinion.

To me, V is really the best GTA game ever. Go back and play even GTAIV and it feels old. It looks unnecessarily foggy to the point where it depletes the quality of the graphics. Even more so if you play the 3D games.

IMO,
V > SA > III > TBOGT > IV > TLAD > LCS > VCS > VC

So yeah. It really doesn't matter I guess :)
  • OneManCrimeWave, BLOOD-MOND and jondean31 like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:53 PM

GTA V didn't feel like GTA to me. The only thing GTA-esque about it was the fact that you could shoot, steal, and nothing else... The humor was sh*t and the cars were personality-less. Also, the world didn't have the GTA feeling at all, it doesn't even urge me to explore.

• Kalvin and Donut like this

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

ps3 has no games

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2014 [GTA V and Steam]

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:00 PM

GTA V didn't feel like GTA to me. The only thing GTA-esque about it was the fact that you could shoot, steal, and nothing else... The humor was sh*t and the cars were personality-less. Also, the world didn't have the GTA feeling at all, it doesn't even urge me to explore.

I'm still surprised that IV felt like a true GTA game and V didn't. If you're downgrading from IV then you KNOW you f*cked up somewhere.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:01 PM

Remember how Vice City had trash and leaves blowing around in the wind? Where did that go in this HD era?

Also, while renderware did have decidedly crappier graphics and physics, Rockstar always made up for it with a lot of cool little details.

GTA in the III era with the exception of San Andreas had this vibe of "I'm going to get rich illegally and I'm going to rip the heart out of everyone who gets in my way!". It was kind of like West Coast Choppers Jesse James, in that it gave no f*cks.

Now it's like "Oh my cousin wants to go bowling again." or "Oh my god I just want to live a peaceful boring life but instead I HAVE to be some FBI guy's bitch".

In a sense the series has become more about examining the consequences of crime rather than glorifying it. The problem being GTA is decidedly better when it glorifies crime. A good example is Vice City's "f*ck, kill, get rich" approach. Now it's about drunk rich men who sit around with their family made up of stereotypes of sh*tty people complaining about not being able to sit around watching movies all day. That's not fun.

Even trevor is kind of underwhelming. Oh, he's the most insane protagonist yet, except when he gets around michael, where he does indeed start sounding like some bitch michael didn't call. "I know you." "You abandoned me WAAAAAAAAAAH!". He really does come off as a clingy bitch sometimes, and that's not fun either.

It's like if guitar hero suddenly had a drugs mode where you OD and get sick and die so that the game can impress upon you how bad a rocker's life really is rather than just letting you live out an idealized version.

In conclusion, I say GTA should sack this whole narrative business and become a game entirely about stealing cars, planes, and boats and selling them off along with piles of illegal arms and drugs. Whatever happens in the game, what enemies you make, would all be determined by you. What gangs you piss off, it's all on you. GTA V, while still fun, comes across as someone just picking stuff about los angeles from the big book of stereotypes and making a game out of it. And it still tries too hard to make a political point, which is like a burnout game trying to teach traffic safety.

• Zee, voyager, NTxC and 4 others like this

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:03 PM Edited by Deji, 13 June 2014 - 06:11 PM.

GTA 'feel'?

GTA 'magic'?

What actual thing are you referring to? Magic is pretty hard to program...

EDIT

In conclusion, I say GTA should sack this whole narrative business and become a game entirely about stealing cars, planes, and boats and selling them off along with piles of illegal arms and drugs. Whatever happens in the game, what enemies you make, would all be determined by you. What gangs you piss off, it's all on you.

The rest of your post looked boring and biased, but I kind of agree with this idea. Future GTA's should return to the good ol' GTA2 inspiration. "Respect is everything" 'n all... Respect is now just a smaller part of GTA, but revisiting that great GTA2 system would indeed be an interesting next move. Obviously it would have to be more interesting, and I still think it should still somewhat have a story, but a more "here's the map, go and find your own jobs" style situation would be great... instead of being given jobs from the start, just like GTA 2.

However, it would be a risky business venture and I could see why R* would think it a safe move to stick with the current formula and improve on it over time.

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

ps3 has no games

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2014 [GTA V and Steam]

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:07 PM

GTA 'feel'?

GTA 'magic'?

What actual thing are you referring to? Magic is pretty hard to program...

They are referring to the overall atmosphere that comes from a GTA game. Mainly things like color vibrance, story and the key features from the series.

To be honest, the game has become too much of a cake walk. The square hud, regenerating health, carry all guns at the same time. It's just lacking the grounded feel from the3 past games.

• thafablifee46 likes this

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:17 PM

...I thought V did have that GTA feel

AM I CRAZY?

No

Trevorphilipjfry
  • Trevorphilipjfry

Sandy Shores surfer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:19 PM

^ thank you
Finally got some peace of mind, but back OT. GTA "feel" is different for everyone, you might link that feel with a specific part of GTA. And hope that specific attribute carries on to each instalment, simply because that's what feels like GTA to you.

For instance the first GTA I played was GTA 1, so I could say no of the other GTA's feel like GTA becas they're not top down games.

A bigger question is, do you enjoy GTA?
  • Taki Owaki likes this

thafablifee46
  • thafablifee46

punk ass bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:39 AM

I know what you mean OP , I too feel that this game doesn't feel GTA enough. When I play V, I get bored after about 20 minutes of playing, the missions are meh and it feels like there isn't anything to do really even though there's the mini activities but they are too bland. ( Yoga, really !?) Even when I go on crime sprees I still get bored because you can't run from the cops, they just shoot to kill and with extreme accuracy so I don't bother with them. Idk what it is that V lacks that SA and even IV had , I still play SA and IV to this day and I give them longer playing time then I do with the V, I feel like I'm the only one in the world in HD San Andreas .
  • Mr Pickles likes this

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:39 AM

This pretty much has been my sentiments about the whole missing feel, the GTA magic we used to enjoy back then.
I feel the Developers don't want to turn back ( and they do have valid reasons too ) and amend the formula according to what sells the best.
So much about business today than willing to continue on a good deal of the gaming formula seen in the classics.
  • Mr Pickles likes this

Mr Pickles
  • Mr Pickles

Is Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:51 AM

Yeah OP I have to agree even though at the end of the day after playing V and Online extensively and enjoying it,GTA V seems to miss that unidentifiable something that previous games had.Yes if you look at the game objectively it has the biggest world and bla bla bla,but it`s missing that thing,that unnamable sweet puntang.I`m hoping with the re-release it gets that much closer to nirvana because say what we will the online experience even though sometimes flawed to the core still beats anything available at the moment or even in the distant horizon.

• Osho likes this

thivakar
  • thivakar

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:20 AM

After playing first 2 hours of GTA 5, i said to my self "This doesn't feel like gta 5 to me at all'. I kinda hoped it would get better but naa it felt like another game and not gta 5.  

I think this gta didn't feel like other GTAs was probably due to 3 characters. We used to have 100 missions for 1 character, now we have 60 something missions for 3 characters. Apart from Micheal, I failed to imagine in shoes of Franklin or Trevor.  Michael's story was much more family oriented and you can feel it. Franklin on the other hand was whack, was shocked when he shrugged of after hearing Lemar was about to be killed. Trevor was funny while doing missions with Michael/Franklin or both but other missions were whack. 

• Mr Pickles likes this

GourangaMaster
  • GourangaMaster

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►BA

• Members

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:06 AM Edited by GourangaMaster, 14 June 2014 - 05:12 AM.

That GTA "magic" or "feel" as you all put it is purely subjective.There is so many variables that hold different value to each individual. It was there for me and may not be there for others.

If your impression is that it was missing for you in the old gen version I doubt the ps4/xbox/pc version will change that. 

It would be wise to temper your expectations as the likelihood that the new version will add much more than cosmetic improvements is most likely slim. 

I also should add that many people seem to struggle with separating nostalgia and objective appreciation making this abstract concept of a gta feel that much more difficult to narrow down to one thing.

• jamieleng and Bozzah like this

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:11 AM

Are we talking about something we can really talk about, I mean, something minimally objective, or are we just talking about something entirely subjective like nostalgia is?

• voyager likes this

Mr Pickles
  • Mr Pickles

Is Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:42 AM

Are we talking about something we can really talk about, I mean, something minimally objective, or are we just talking about something entirely subjective like nostalgia is?

We`re talking about the little man in a boat.

voyager
  • voyager

5 Bonus Goblins!

• Members

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:45 AM

i'm liking the idea of a GTA: Civilization game, no narrative, just command and conquer, get resources and improve conquering machines or enjoy fruit of your labor. 

i wouldn't blame R* over the focus on story in V though. IV's story was so good, and so well received, it's an obvious business decision to try to expand how story can be used in a game. so we got multiple protags. 

that sort of multiple-viewpoint gameplay lends itself really naturally to party-based adventure → which is a great match to a future GTA where we create our own 'narrative' in a much more complex, dynamic story environment, assembling our own gang of 'protags' and our own crime story that unfolds according to a much looser set of pre-defined 'campaign' checkpoints. 

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:30 AM

Didnt feel like a GTA to be honest. Played the SP in a week and i left online in 2 weeks.

Nothing to do and the map is kinda boring.

Rockstargames691
  • Rockstargames691

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:52 AM

Why do I get the feeling that most of the people commenting in this thread aren't even old enough to be playing this game? GTAV was a master piece. Definitely one of the best video games I have ever played in my life.

• jamieleng, OneManCrimeWave and jondean31 like this

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:11 AM Edited by Osho, 14 June 2014 - 08:31 AM.

Objective are pretty much about specific and easier to relate as stated by everyone all the time, for instance, the success and various other achievements of the game is unquestionable.
But, speaking for myself, the satisfying gameplay the series offered me in the past remains truly questionable for GTA V on a number of aspects.
So, thinking in all 'feel' and 'missing the magic' perspective and not only logicality, I become somewhat disappointed to say GTA V has not been an amazing addition to my experience so far.

Ben73
  • Ben73

Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:11 AM

V feels like a pretty fun GTA game to me.

It's not perfect but it seams like a quarter of this forum hate V, but still post here every single day.

• jamieleng, The Odyssey, OneManCrimeWave and 2 others like this

Marabunta Grande
  • Marabunta Grande

Azul y Blanco

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:01 AM

Remember how Vice City had trash and leaves blowing around in the wind? Where did that go in this HD era?

It's still in IV and V. You're just overlooking at it to seem Intelligent.

• The Odyssey and OneManCrimeWave like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users