Photo

Best Israeli Drama/Thriller TV Series

4 replies to this topic
Palikari
  • Palikari

עם ישראל חי

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:46 AM Edited by Palikari, 25 June 2014 - 04:43 AM.

These are the three best Israeli Drama/Thriller TV series, according to me. Israel has great TV shows, but unfortunately they are not known abroad. 

Hatufim (חטופים) - Prisoners of War

This is the Israeli TV show that inspired the American TV show Homeland. Trailer with English subtitles:

Synopsis:

After 17 years in captivity in Lebanon, Israeli soldiers Nimrod Klein and Uri Zach return home to the country that made them national icons, while Amiel Ben Horin, the other solider that was kidnapped along with them, apparently died. They work to overcome the trauma of torture and captivity while settling back into their interrupted family lives. Meanwhile, the military psychiatrist assigned to them finds discrepancies in the soldiers' testimonies, and launches an investigation to discover what they are hiding.

It's a great serie. It has 24 episodes divided in two seasons. The first season is a little bit slow and hasn't much action, while the second season is amazing.

IMDB article: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1676462/
Wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia....War_(TV_series)

You can see all episodes on its official webiste, and on Hulu Plus with English subtitles.

Ta Gordin (תא גורדין) - The Gordin Cell

Trailer with English subtitles:

Synopsis:

The Gordin Cell revolves around the Gordin family and centers on Israeli-born Eyal Gordin, a decorated Israeli Air Force officer in a high-security post who loves his country and family. His parents Michael and Diana, Grandmother Nina and elder sister Natalia emigrated from the USSR in 1990. Eyal has no idea that his parents were Russian spies. When Miki and Diana's former handler appears one day demanding that they recruit their son into espionage activity, Eyal faces an impossible dilemma: his cooperation with Russian intelligence determines his family's fate, while his dedication to Israel's homeland security tests his family's allegiance. His country, or his family... Who will he choose to betray?

Wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia....The_Gordin_Cell

This is a great show. I recommend you watch it. Unfortunately, full episodes are not available on its official website anymore.

Bnei Aruba (בני ערובה) - Hostages

This is the Israeli TV show that inspired the American TV show Hostages.

Trailer with English subtitles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvrRmhYYkXA (I don't know why the video doesn't appear embedded)

Trailer with full English subtitles here.

Synopsis:

Dr. Yael Danon, a surgeon, is thrust into a conspiracy when her family is taken hostage by police officer Adam Rubin and his team. Yael and her family are held captive in their home by Rubin, who orders her to assassinate Prime Minister Shmuel Netzer when she operates on him. With her family's life in peril, Yael faces an incomprehensible moral dilemma in order to save her husband Eyal and her children Noa and Assaf.

This amazing show has just 10 episodes, but the last one had an open ending, and a second season is already being developed.

Wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia....aeli_TV_series)

You can see all episodes on its official website. English subtitles are not available, BUT this series has been adquired by BBC Four, so it will be aired in English soon!
  • Failure likes this

Failure
  • Failure

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:35 PM

Great topic mate.

I'll check these out at some point. Will be good Hebrew practice, too.

• Palikari likes this

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

I'm new to PC gaming pls be gentle

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:47 PM Edited by Sugar Free Nos, 16 June 2014 - 10:48 PM.

I've watched the entirety of Prisoners of War, and I can safely say that it is one of my favorite shows of all time. It's not often that sheer acting blows me away, but the incredible amount of range and emotion the cast of that show has was just super, super impressive.

The plot is great as well, between these incredibly damaged men coming back from 17 years of captivity, to the dynamics of their family, to the plot twists and turns, I can say that it is a must watch for anyone.

It's a phenomenal show and it's on Hulu Plus with english subtitles.
  • Palikari likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Boards Of Canada

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 17 June 2014 - 09:50 AM

Certainly sounds like a good premise for a TV show. 

• Palikari likes this

Palikari
  • Palikari

עם ישראל חי

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:44 AM

It's a phenomenal show and it's on Hulu Plus with english subtitles.

Thank you! I have just added the link to Hulu Plus. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users