Christmas Snow on PC/NG

8 replies to this topic
nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:41 AM

So I figured I would bring this one up. How do you guys think the snowy version of San Andreas will look on the PC/NG version?

Seeing that they now have 3D grass, the snow texture that was loaded on top of the regular textures may not look as nice. It would make the 3D grass look white, which means that it would look like white grass, rather than snow based on how the effect works. Obviously Rockstar isn't going to model snow drifts into the game as the snow effect is only used one day out of the year (all year round for Modders that want it). They may make a snow drift model that generates in place of the 3D grass, or they may just disable the grass all together.

So what are your thoughts on this?

robban
  • robban

Peon

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:14 AM

They should really add seasons to the game to get different weather and NPCs wearing appropriate clothes for that season, no bikinis when it's snowing for example. As days passes by really fast in the game.

• GAMIR_GTA and Aleph-Zero like this

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:23 AM Edited by DarthShinobi, 13 June 2014 - 06:24 AM.

I don't know if you guys know this, but it doesn't snow in Los Angeles. The most we get is hail. So I doubt it'll be in the game, unless they give us access to NY.

Sentrion
  • Sentrion

Midnight Wanderer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 June 2014 - 07:26 AM

They're not gonna be focusing on Snow anyway. I'd love to see 3D snowfall though. Ofcourse it won't be like NYC or any other states in USA. Snow's quite a different deal in LA. The mountains should have snow on them at all times I think. That'd seem reasonable.

WalterS_LV
  • WalterS_LV

One ticket to LS please

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 13 June 2014 - 07:44 AM

Well I see 2 options. 

#1 - We`ll see snow only on Xmas like we did on 360/PS3

#2 - They`ll bring a fully playable North Yankton as a DLC for the snow lovers.

They have already made a part of North Yankton, so I think it would make sense that they`d continue developing it and later release it as another city. Maybe that will be like a pre-order bonus. That would seriously boost their pre-order sales. Unless they have already announced the pre-order bonuses, I haven`t been really keeping up on the whole thing.

• Rushki likes this

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 07:21 PM

If they don't bring it back the modders will find a way. I f*cking love PC gaming.

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 13 June 2014 - 07:31 PM Edited by r34ld34l, 13 June 2014 - 07:32 PM.

Um did you ever saw snow in real life? Snow covers grass and grass will be flatten, because snow is quite heavy.

Ribsey
  • Ribsey

Just bought a load of manure!

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:56 PM

If they don't bring it back the modders will find a way. I f*cking love PC gaming.

Inevitable, it's in the game files!

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:09 AM

Um did you ever saw snow in real life? Snow covers grass and grass will be flatten, because snow is quite heavy.

I have. However making it like that, just for Christmas would require a lot of modeling, just for something that your only supposed to see only one day out of the year.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users