Your biggest disappointments in gaming?

263 replies to this topic
KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

The idiots are taking over

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 15 April 2015 - 06:27 PM

Not sure what games I mentioned last time, so excuse me if I repeat myself here.

First of all, GTA V gets a mention from me. The game itself is amazing, and even now I'm still exploring and finding new stuff, but the reason I mention it is becuse out of all of the games in the series, GTA V seems to have the less replayability factor out of them all, and the least one that actually makes me want to still play it after completing the game. The side missions are absolute wank, such as traversing the whole ocean in a slow-as-f*ck submarine, collecting items for absolutely no reason. Even now, I can still pop in the likes of San Andreas etc, knowing there's a ton of side stuff that actually interest me, such as the collecting of cars for the import/export etc. Just feels like they tried too hard on making it the most realistic game of the franchise, that they lost a lot of the gameplay value.

Don't even get me started on the online...

Next up is Battlefield Hardline. Money is very tight for me at the moment, so it's very rare I pick a brand new game up, which are rare anyway due to me still playing on the 360. I played the BETA of the game, and even though it had some bugs, the gameplay was promising, so thinking that these bugs would be sorted for release, I bought it...wow, mistake! Starting off with the graphics, the textures are non-existent, which at first I thought may just be down to slow loading issues, but no, the textures don't load at all. The premise of the gameplay is brilliant, but in reality it gets very dull and tedious after a while. The bugs still exist in the game, from players floating in mid-air and the likes. Then there's the issue of how much EA have blatantly left out of the game to make some extra cash in DLC packs, which was obvious before the game was released as EA were mentioning the DLC. 4/5 weapons per class, that is a f*cking joke.

I still play it now and then, but not as much as I was hoping to when I bought the game.

A game I've recently just completed, AC: Revelations also gets a mention in this. Whoever came up with the defense side missions needs a swift boot to the face. Absolutely tedious and annoying. Not to mention the guards with guns who you can't take down either, or the fact that the rock throwers always seem to have a 100% hit rate...infuriating. Good game, just a few slightly annoying issues.

And as some of you have mentioned, a few of the NFS games can be mentioned too. NFS: Undercover and The Run...Undercover is the most simplistic racing game ever, and yes I get it was made for the older gen on consoles, but thats still no excuse. And The Run just too away most of the NFS elements and gave you a generic street racing game.

Think I remember the games I mentioned before, but if not, then they would be Burnout Paradise and SSX...2 games that simply killed the series in every way possible.

Verdant
  • Verdant

Boomshine Blowout

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 April 2015 - 02:12 AM Edited by Verdant, 16 April 2015 - 03:40 AM.

I can only think of one right now which is Saints Row: The Third (my apologies if I have mentioned this before). Firstly, I especially loved the second installment of the Saints Row series, there was just a wide variety of side activities to do and the storyline was just great imo. The first Saints Row wasn't too bad, but for me it didn't have much replay value as the second. Then came along SR3 and it was a let down to me, I wasn't happy with them killing off a very important character within the first like 10-15 minutes of the storyline? As well as the 'main antagonist' you could say, that you pretty much take out within the first Chapter. I was really hoping to see some conclusion with the protagonist and Dex, after that secret mission in SR2 and I believe there was a DLC mission of

Spoiler
Although there was some things in SR3 I liked at times, but other then that I just wasn't feeling it.

TommyAngelo
  • TommyAngelo

figure

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 16 April 2015 - 02:58 AM Edited by TommyAngelo, 20 April 2015 - 02:43 PM.

Destiny.

Ugh, just thinking of how good the game was going to be before release makes me upset.

• Osho and SuzukiRazgriz like this

Dukestboy
  • Dukestboy

Grime Kid

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 April 2015 - 12:01 PM

Brink is my main disappointment

I had so much hype for that game  :sui:

Since then Ive learnt not to expect too much from games.

Well until fallout 4 gets announced

• Street Mix and Verdant like this

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

The idiots are taking over

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 16 April 2015 - 12:32 PM

Destiny.

Ugh, just thinking of how good the game was going to before release makes me upset.

Was going to go out and buy this on day 1, but read a few early reviews etc, and decided against it, which I'm glad I did tbh since everyone says how much of a letdown it was. Will be one of those I pick up when it's in the bargain bin.

Verdant
  • Verdant

Boomshine Blowout

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 April 2015 - 11:57 PM Edited by Verdant, 16 April 2015 - 11:57 PM.

Yeah Brink was also a major let down for me. I thought the story was going to be more in depth. I mean what was the deal with the cut scenes at the start of every mission, I had no idea what was going on and who is who. Some of the objectives for missions were okay here and there imo, but after one play through I put the game to rest. 

• Dukestboy likes this

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Blue lives don't matter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 April 2015 - 01:44 PM

YES.

It was the last time I believed in "Mirror's Edge-like parkour". 

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 April 2015 - 02:11 PM

Brink.... Brought down by sh*tty lag

I did enjoy the game when it worked.

xolov
  • xolov

Trick

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 17 April 2015 - 02:36 PM Edited by elias7001, 17 April 2015 - 05:43 PM.

The Crew! I thought it was going to be really good and paid 600 NOK/$76 for the special edition or something like that.

I am really happy the disc stopped working as I got full refound and bought a new keyboard and some Steam games

Hover_Mode
  • Hover_Mode

Playa

• Members

Posted 17 April 2015 - 06:19 PM

GTA V.

Im heartbroken to say the least...

• Jabalous and GTA_fear like this

miks5h27488
  • miks5h27488

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 20 April 2015 - 01:55 AM

It has to be Far Cry 4 for me. Felt too much like a FC3 DLC.

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

Owner of Up-n-Atom Diner, Paleto Bay

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • None

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:56 AM

It has to be Far Cry 4 for me. Felt too much like a FC3 DLC.

The bolded part for me.

This is the first thing that comes to mind for me, right now. I enjoy the gameplay immensly, like the new side activities, arena mode, map. 

But the story man, the story. It was so... disappointing.

Spoiler

Big Moist
  • Big Moist

you've gotta be stirring my pasta.

• Members
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 20 April 2015 - 05:12 AM

SimCity 2013, it could have been good but they totally shat on it in every way possible.

At least we have Cities Skylines now.

Testarossa
  • Testarossa

Have you noticed I've been gone?

• The Connection
  • Mexico
  • Worst Ferrari
    Best Concept DLC 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 20 April 2015 - 05:46 AM

The Crew.

Can't believe I spent 1000 pesos for that bullsh*t.

Karls
  • Karls

w00p

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 20 April 2015 - 06:07 PM

SR3-GAT V

Simcity 2013

BF:HL

Anything EA has done after 2011

TBoGT

and....

(Drumroll)

GTA V. 

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 20 April 2015 - 06:39 PM

Modern Warfare 2

Until then I liked that series,played all the old games,especially enjoying 2 and Finest Hour. And COD 4 was an great refreshment from WW2. And then MW2 showed recycled elements,too crazy story,broken multioplayer.  And then creators of franchise,West and Zampela were fired by Activision exsec so it left bad feeling im mouth. After that that franchise become new PES or FIFA,and MOH and Battlefield followed same model; basicaly same game with only slightly updated maps that could be just a DLC of the last year game,and some stereotypical short campaign. Treyarch games were slightly better but still basically the same as others. I only played BO1 and MW3 after that and just didnt care of anything after that. So,for me personally , it wouldnt be muchwaste if franchise come to the end.

J Cobra
  • J Cobra

The truth hurts

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:39 PM Edited by J Cobra, 24 April 2015 - 07:58 PM.

Oh where do I even begin? I'll post 20.

1. Watch Dogs

2. Titan Fall

3. Saint's Row 3

4. The Godfather

5. Bio Shock infinate

6. Dead Island

7. Left 4 dead 2

8. Resident Evil 6

9. Grand theft auto IV: The lost and the damned

10. NBA2k 15

11. Silent Hill: Downpour

12. Battlefeild 4

13. Tony Hawk's Underground 2

14. Def Jam Icon

15. LA Noire

16. The Crew

17. Call of Duty Ghost

18. Assassin's creed III

19. Just Cause

20. Splinter cell: Double Agent

Niko Montana
  • Niko Montana

Gangsta

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:44 PM

Pretty much most of the newer Call Of Duty games.  

Saint's Row IV is also on my list, it was a decent game, but it strayed so far away from it's roots it felt like a completely different series. Not to mention aliens. f*cking aliens.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Phill Bellic. The Universal L.E.O.

• Members
  • Australia
  • Worst Bellic [All Time]

Posted 26 April 2015 - 11:52 AM

I'd have to say GTA V. Although I completed it a few times I didn't think it was worth the wait. A good game, but had its true potential robbed with aging hardware. IMHO it should've been a PS4, XB1 and PC game from the start.

I also don't think it was worth the wait either. Additionally it did not feel like a true evolution of the series. Furthermore, I also would have prefered it to skip the Xbox 306 and PS3. :)

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Blue lives don't matter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 April 2015 - 08:10 PM

GTA V should've called GTA Los Santos Heights and Online should've been announced from day 1. Would've gotten better reception.

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Unedited
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 26 April 2015 - 11:09 PM

no World at War 2.0

Niko Montana
  • Niko Montana

Gangsta

• Members
  • England

Posted 30 April 2015 - 11:18 AM

Another one of my biggest disappointments was Watch Dogs. Sure it was a good game, but it did not live up to the hype AT ALL. Watch this video to see what I mean (leave annotations on): 

Lead
  • Lead

Im leaving Gtaforums soon.Bye.

• BUSTED!
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 27 May 2015 - 08:57 AM

1st comes the GTA V 

The Crew 

Farcry 4 

and the last is Dying light because game was toooooo short compared to Dead Island which is made by same developers

reiniat
  • reiniat

May science shine your way.

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 28 May 2015 - 05:06 AM

Another one of my biggest disappointments was Watch Dogs. Sure it was a good game, but it did not live up to the hype AT ALL. Watch this video to see what I mean (leave annotations on): 

I still cant believe people thought this game was going to be amazing..... Same with The Order 1800somehting

The same will happen with The Division.

I mean come on, it happens every single new generation, how many of you dont remember Perfect Dark Zero or that dragons game for PS3? the more you announce a game when a new generation comes the more chances are that it will be sh*t.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users