Your biggest disappointments in gaming?

196 replies to this topic
tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:22 AM

So, like a sucker i bought AMY and holy hell that game was terrible. 

Dead Island

Uncharted 1, but a made a mistake and played 2 and 3 before 1 (at least i think i played 3 before 1 but definitely played 2). It was like, platform, 30 minute shootout, rinse and repeat for most of the game. 

I'll add more when i can remember

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:34 AM

Assassin's Creed 3

• Booze, Panz and ROCKGTASTAR like this

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:57 AM

Duke Nukem Forever.. such a f*cking let down.

Battlefield 4.. released with unsolved issues, major issues. Pretty much like Alien: Colonial Marines.. you can add that to the list too.

• LightningLord411 likes this

Yolo Swaggins
  • Yolo Swaggins

Sing a song for the swag man.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:05 AM

Assassin's Creed 3

Going to have to second this. I never finished it(it was that boring), but it seems the first half of the game was "go there and retrieve/do this." Plus it had the most terrible graphics, even by Xbox 360 standards.

kipakolonyasi
  • kipakolonyasi

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:13 AM

Prototype 2. worst game i ever p(l)ayed. 

LightningLord411
  • LightningLord411

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:58 AM

My biggest disappointment is when I'm excited for a game, it gets delayed for an extremely long time, and it's bad. Duke Nukem Forever is a good example of this. A 12 year delay and the game sucks. I'm really excited for The Crew to come out on PS4. Please Ubisoft. Don't f**k up The Crew.
  • Verdant and The_Herb like this

hungrywhiteboy
  • hungrywhiteboy

wait what

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:28 AM

saints row the third

speaks for itself really

• MrSemiFunny likes this

LightningLord411
  • LightningLord411

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:39 AM

saints row the third

speaks for itself really

Such a downgrade from Saints Row 2. :/

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:44 AM

Like above Saints Row the Third. SR2 is one of my favorite games of last gen son I was super excited then, kapow! Good thing I redbox'd it.

Insert-Coin-To-Continue
  • Insert-Coin-To-Continue

Credits: 0

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:57 AM

Duke Nukem Forever, like GunWrath, no doubt. I'd of been okay with it being delayed longer had Gearbox made the decision to start from scratch instead of just using previous work. 

Surprised that this hasn't been mentioned yet either, but The Force Unleashed 2. TFU2 had a lot of potential to build off of and just never did. I finished it in like 5-6 hours (and I hunted down collectibles on some levels too..) and was left thinking, "are you kidding me? is this it?"

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

GTAF's #1 Trevor hater.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 13 June 2014 - 04:30 AM

Well, with some of these games that people are mentioning, I was fairly confident would be bad, like Duke Nukem Forever after all the developing problems it had. But, some games that I thought were going to be good but were disappointing to me were:

Sonic 06 (Looked stunning in it's trailer, then was plagued with a rushed released, poorly written story, buggy gameplay and absolutely horrid load times) 

Devil May Cry 2 (DMC 1 stunned gamers with it's badass gameplay and it's relentless difficulty, so how does Capcom follow up? Toning the game's difficulty down and oversimplifying the gameplay)

Mass Effect 3 (While not an awful game, it felt lacking compared to it's two predecessors and my God, that ending was just plain bad)

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts (Microsoft finally allows Rare to make a follow up to the beloved Banjo Kazooie games, and they remove all the platforming fun that made the series loved by gamers in the first place)

GTA V (A very big downgrade from previous entries in the series, horrible story, sh*t characters, sub-par vehicle handling, a online with a laundry list of problem, this game is not only one of the most disappointing, but also one of the most overrated games I've ever personally played)

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

SHOWTIME is my savior

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014

Posted 13 June 2014 - 04:55 AM

Believe it or not, Skyrim, at least the vanilla version.

It just always felt like an ocean of a world with only 10ft of depth. Most of the quests didn't entertain me, the mage's guild quests were a complete joke, and I didn't feel that there was enough variation in the dungeons either.

Of course, I'm aware that the PC version+mods is completely different.
  • G D likes this

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:40 AM Edited by nightwalker83, 13 June 2014 - 05:41 AM.

Neverwinters Night complete edition, just could not get into the feel of the game..

Sleeping Dogs, the controls are too ackward for me to play the game properly .

Hexen II: Death Kings of the Dark Citadel, no clues in-game as what you are suppose to do, very easy to get lost because of the way the levels are set out.

Total War: Rome 2,could not get into the feel of the game.

It just always felt like an ocean of a world with only 10ft of depth. Most of the quests didn't entertain me, the mage's guild quests were a complete joke, and I didn't feel that there was enough variation in the dungeons either.

Yes, it took me a while to get into the spirit of playing Skyrim after I originally installed it. I reckon the Hearthfires expansion was a waste.

Insert-Coin-To-Continue
  • Insert-Coin-To-Continue

Credits: 0

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:53 AM

Ahh, thanks Mr Sugar Free, you've reminded me that I left a game off my list.

TES IV: Oblivion. Complete abortion of a game that not even mods could save. I just prefer to pretend it never happened, lol

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

SHOWTIME is my savior

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:56 AM

TES IV: Oblivion. Complete abortion of a game that not even mods could save. I just prefer to pretend it never happened, lol

I loved Oblivion... Much more depth than Skyrim.

Another disappointment for me recently was The Sims 3 for console. I had no idea it was dumbed down garbage compared to the PC version.

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:17 AM

Dishonored - decided to get it after reading all the positive reviews etc, but in my opinion it's one of the most boring games I've played in a while. It's just an average game and one that I won't play again. Didn't like it at all.

Contract J.A.C.K. - the worst shooter I've ever played. I couldn't wait to play it when it was released because it was a spin-off of the No One Lives Forever series (2 of the best shooters ever created), set in the same universe. But it was nothing like NOLF at all.

Flatout 3 - (NOT FALLout, FLATout. Every time I say Flatout 3 people read Fallout) I love the Flatout series, but #3 was absolute sh*t!
  • Insert-Coin-To-Continue likes this

JobAnonymous
  • JobAnonymous

MP3 Crew Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 07:27 AM

pretty much every ubisoft game   that comes out

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 13 June 2014 - 07:35 AM

I play over and over always the same games; (FIFA, GTA IV and V, ARMA 2 and that's it) So i don't have a lot of big disappointments.

If i had to think of one, i would probably say this one:

2215950-517019_gs_l_f.jpg

I don't get what i have to do even if i read the instructions clearly. 

02fishera
  • 02fishera

PSN ID: TeamTango91

• The Yardies
  • England

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:40 AM

I could go with a couple of titles above, but another that springs to mind is Homefront. The concept held so much promise but then turned out to be little more than a sub par CoD clone.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:33 AM

I tend to not play bad games unless they're so awful they're funny.

Currently I'm dissapointed in every Early Access game and in every Kickstarter game.

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

It can't be for nothing

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:38 AM

Anyone remember this game?
256px-Haze_boxart.jpg

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:46 AM

256px-Haze_boxart.jpg

it wasn't that bad. 

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

It can't be for nothing

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:48 AM

256px-Haze_boxart.jpg

it wasn't that bad. 
It was horrible imo

Waldie
  • Waldie

Dickensian Mockney

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:29 PM

Aliens: Colonial Marines. I followed that game since it was announced and after seeing the e3 gameplay demo,  I thought this was going to be the game the Alien fan in me had been waiting all my life for. Of course, I was duped.

Alan Wake. I enjoyed it for the most part - played through the story three times, but again because I followed it for so long, I couldn't help be disappointed and felt that it could have been a lot more. The gameplay was pretty monotonous and I still wish they had gone with the original idea of doing an open world game.

L.A. Noire - Loved it but felt the story / writing let it down big time.

Hitman Absolution - Wanted a Blood Money sequel, instead got broken crap.

Assassin's Creed 1 - Again, was hoping for something like Blood Money in medieval holy land but the assasinations were boring and linear.

saints row the third

speaks for itself really

I didn't even pay for it (got with xbox gold recently) and even I was disappointed with that game.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

I play both sides of the fence

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:30 PM

COD not doing zombies every year and of course the downfall of the series in general since COD 4. Love that zombies though. Easter Eggs are my game.

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

GTAF's #1 Trevor hater.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:36 PM

Another disappointment for me recently was The Sims 3 for console. I had no idea it was dumbed down garbage compared to the PC version.

That's a really good choice, Sims games for consoles have always been pretty dumbed down, but Sims 3 was probably the worst in terms of EA dumbing it down for consoles. Luckily the games are still really good on the PC versions.

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:49 PM

256px-Haze_boxart.jpg

That game tanked Free Radical. Should have been for all systems aswell.

Johan
  • Johan

San Francisco Giants 2014 World Champions

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:52 PM

Duke Nukem Forever.. such a f*cking let down.

That game seriously isn't that bad.. I've played worse games out there, and I bought the collectors edition of DNF yet I don't regret it as much as I regret GTA V's.

But I do agree with the fact that Battlefield 4 was terrible, even bought it twice because I had a discount for new-generation and it made me feel even more stupid, probably the last time I'll trust DICE or EA until it's PROVEN

that it's fixed, and not just promised over and over again every 3 months.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• Members
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:12 PM Edited by Vercetti42, 13 June 2014 - 02:13 PM.

Fallout 3:

- sh*t story: Seriously one of the most generic storylines I have ever seen and the choices have barely any affect on it.

- sh*t characters: It had one of the most annoying characters I have seen in a game. Moira Brow takes the cake with that one. "Oooh go get me this" "Oooooh go get me this" which really got annoying.

- sh*t writing: I was some gameplay of Fallout 2 and the writing was hilarious. Fallout 3's writing is actually decent but Fallout 2's puts it to shame.

- sh*tty gunplay: Self-explanatory.

- sh*t quests: Seriously every single one of them was, basically "Go from point A to point B, collect C, blow up X, come back to A" No variety/thinking required at all. 

Honestly one of the most overrated games ever along with The Walking Dead. (2012). I loved the exploration, the atmosphere (if you can overlook that horrible grey tinge it had to it), interiors and other stuff. But it really fell short of my expectations because I kept hearing so much praise for that game. It's a decent game but no-where close to being a great game IMO and it isn't fun at all for me, it felt tedious actually. Probably a 7.0-7.5 at best. It felt like playing a rather horrible mix of an RPG with a shooter.

Now I'm just going to wait for all the fanboys to flame me.

Chris Fromage
  • Chris Fromage

Homie

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:13 PM Edited by Chris Fromage, 13 June 2014 - 02:13 PM.

Anno 2070 for me.

I loved the older games in the series (1602, 1701 and 1404), but 2070 didn't feel as good as those...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users