Quantcast

» «
Photo

Am I the only one who doesn't bother with armor upgrades?

101 replies to this topic
MichiganMuscle77
  • MichiganMuscle77

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:33 PM

Armor works.

I've blown up my Coquette by landing wrong from a fairly small jump, before it was armored.

It's only at 80% now but when I landed on my nose after falling off of the building I Cargobobbed it to the roof of, it took a little damage and was still drive-able.

Before the armor, it would have exploded.

Accendo
  • Accendo

Homie

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:33 PM

I have literally never been blown up by small-arms fire. Either the guy can't catch me or he plugs me through a window. So from what you guys are saying, I guess it's true that the majority of players can't drive.
  • RowanSane and LahTigre like this

slowburn29
  • slowburn29

Significantly more hydrated than you

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:54 PM

They really don't help at all and they are expensive

They don't help me with sticky bombs or grenade or even miniguns.

And anyways, they could blue up my Zentorno with 10 shots of a Sawed shotgun

You're not alone... it's the most expensive upgrade, along with the Turbo, and nearly useless. NPC's will not destroy my car, doesn't matter if armored or not, and players... well, they'll pay for it. And if not, the upgrade isn't going to help against Tanks. Another contra, the car loses 5% of it's topspeed or acceleration.

5% you say. can you show your math please

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:00 AM

The only reason i can possibly think of to not use armor is if you enjoy smashing up cars is various ways to see what kinda damage you can cause to them which was quite fun in GTA IV.  with no armor they tend to explode on impact over the slightest jump and with 100 percent it takes quite a lot of smashing to produce any actual damage effects.  Id recommend at least the first level or two to fix the explosion problem and still have it get smashed up for your enjoyment.  I miss the damage in GTA IV which would get pretty wild with cars getting pretty bent up and flying out of the window when you ran into something at full speed, that was pretty cool.  GTA V has some damage effects but cars are much more durable when armored and mostly just explode instantly without armor.  

It also seems like cars with 100 percent which are heavier than cars with none dont get pushed around quite as easily by the stupid f*cking NPC drivers.  When you crash into a npc isis at full speed with a landstaker with no armor its like hitting a brick wall and doesnt move at all, then if the npc driver is still alive he just takes off pushing you out of his way like you dont even exist, which is pretty f*cking stupid.  with 100 percent armor you still hit the brick wall pretty much, but sometimes they actually give a little if youre going fast enough in a big enough vehicle and usually its a stalemate with them unable to push you around, which is still pretty lame but better than with no armor, lol!

GankThis110
  • GankThis110

Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:05 AM

I have literally never been blown up by small-arms fire. Either the guy can't catch me or he plugs me through a window. So from what you guys are saying, I guess it's true that the majority of players can't drive.

This coming from the guy who doesn't put armor in so he can be faster in races...

If you were good armor shouldn't make a difference(it really doesn't)

The only reason i can possibly think of to not use armor is if you enjoy smashing up cars is various ways to see what kinda damage you can cause to them which was quite fun in GTA IV.  with no armor they tend to explode on impact over the slightest jump and with 100 percent it takes quite a lot of smashing to produce any actual damage effects.  Id recommend at least the first level or two to fix the explosion problem and still have it get smashed up for your enjoyment.  I miss the damage in GTA IV which would get pretty wild with cars getting pretty bent up and flying out of the window when you ran into something at full speed, that was pretty cool.  GTA V has some damage effects but cars are much more durable when armored and mostly just explode instantly without armor.  

It also seems like cars with 100 percent which are heavier than cars with none dont get pushed around quite as easily by the stupid f*cking NPC drivers.  When you crash into a npc isis at full speed with a landstaker with no armor its like hitting a brick wall and doesnt move at all, then if the npc driver is still alive he just takes off pushing you out of his way like you dont even exist, which is pretty f*cking stupid.  with 100 percent armor you still hit the brick wall pretty much, but sometimes they actually give a little if youre going fast enough in a big enough vehicle and usually its a stalemate with them unable to push you around, which is still pretty lame but better than with no armor, lol!

When I'm driving I plow NPCs out of the way lol. Unless its larger NPC vehicle... but still.

ky1e1792
  • ky1e1792

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:06 AM

Armor is the first thing I purchase on any PV.

• Miss Malevolent likes this

fefenc
  • fefenc

Luis Lopez is The Best HD era GTA Character Ever Created

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:12 AM Edited by fefenc, 14 June 2014 - 12:14 AM.

Supercars has less base resistance than normal cars, I don't know if they've kept this logic with GTA V, but cars like Cavalcade or Buffalo have more base resistance than supercars. Even if you put armor on a supercar, they'll be destroyed faster because their base resistance is a bit low, they're good only for racing, armoring them will only make them slower. If you wanna have a car that you can use on shootouts, give a try to SUV's or some sedans/muscles and armor them.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:16 AM

Supercars has less base resistance than normal cars, I don't know if they've kept this logic with GTA V, but cars like Cavalcade or Buffalo have more base resistance than supercars. Even if you put armor on a supercar, they'll be destroyed faster because their base resistance is a bit low, they're good only for racing, armoring them will only make them slower. If you wanna have a car that you can use on shootouts, give a try to SUV's or some sedans/muscles and armor them.

Armor doesnt affect speed or the windows which is where they shoot you at.  Armor is just for preserving the car itself from damage and doesnt really protect the occupant at all.  It doesnt matter if you have whatever vehicle with 100% armor and the same one with 0%, you are just as easily shot out of both of them.

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:55 AM

Have you ever shot at an NPC and had the car blow up surprisingly fast? No one was saying that they have problems getting blown up by small arms fire, they are saying they would rather have the armor and not risk having that done to them. 

You're not that cool, even if you were, who cares? You're not a good driver in real life, it's a video game. Get over yourself and go away please.

Gaffa
  • Gaffa

Prankster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:12 AM

So many people believe their own press about these sort of things... 

Armour* doesn't affect speed, acceleration or weight. There have been timed video tests to show this, and of course the most important factor, the game files. 

On topic:- I buy it whenever I can. I'm certain the vehicles deform less when using it, regardless of whether they take more shots to destroy or not. I'm not a fan of having to hold left slightly due to the right wheel being buckled. 

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:47 AM

So many people believe their own press about these sort of things... 

Armour* doesn't affect speed, acceleration or weight. There have been timed video tests to show this, and of course the most important factor, the game files. 

On topic:- I buy it whenever I can. I'm certain the vehicles deform less when using it, regardless of whether they take more shots to destroy or not. I'm not a fan of having to hold left slightly due to the right wheel being buckled. 

happen to have a link to this information? 

garvdart
  • garvdart

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:04 AM Edited by garvdart, 14 June 2014 - 02:23 AM.

Armor/bulletproof tires required, especially for.stunting, 

Won't help vs explosives or heavy sniper back left tire (strut) this is why you get lower suspension.

Although ap pistol will still destroy you.

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:04 AM Edited by BondageKitty, 14 June 2014 - 03:27 AM.

Ever since they made it an inventory item, I started using them. There should be an auto-equip on respawn option though.

Edit: Thought at first player armor. In the case of cars, they are very needed. Try blowing up a car by ramming it to a train and you will see the difference.

WHODATT318
  • WHODATT318

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:11 AM

at first i didnt put amor on my cars....now i do  :cool:

Accendo
  • Accendo

Homie

• Members

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:18 AM

Have you ever shot at an NPC and had the car blow up surprisingly fast? No one was saying that they have problems getting blown up by small arms fire, they are saying they would rather have the armor and not risk having that done to them. 

You're not that cool, even if you were, who cares? You're not a good driver in real life, it's a video game. Get over yourself and go away please.
I really don't think I'm cool just because I don't equate myself to an NPC. Why should I worry about sh*t that doesn't happen to me?
Maybe you should learn to take things less personally, kid.

KeeNer187
  • KeeNer187

-_-

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:42 AM

I personally don't like it when I hit one light pole and my headlight goes out. Armor is a must, although it Isn't really needed for 50%-100%

The end of that.... CRINGE

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:44 AM

I really don't think I'm cool just because I don't equate myself to an NPC. Why should I worry about sh*t that doesn't happen to me?

Who says I was taking it personally? Obviously you don't equate yourself to an NPC, the cars NPC's drive have no armor which is why they are more easily destroyed by small arms fire. You said that the majority of players apparently can't drive because they don't do what you do and you brag about how no one ever catches you.

For someone who doesn't think they're cool you're certainly trying hard to make it apparent that you are in fact cool. By the way, most people who call others "kid" on a forum are usually kids themselves. Don't worry, one day you'll be an adult too! Try not to grow up too fast :)

Accendo
  • Accendo

Homie

• Members

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:58 AM Edited by Accendo, 14 June 2014 - 03:03 AM.

Who says I was taking it personally? Obviously you don't equate yourself to an NPC, the cars NPC's drive have no armor which is why they are more easily destroyed by small arms fire. You said that the majority of players apparently can't drive because they don't do what you do and you brag about how no one ever catches you.

For someone who doesn't think they're cool you're certainly trying hard to make it apparent that you are in fact cool. By the way, most people who call others "kid" on a forum are usually kids themselves. Don't worry, one day you'll be an adult too! Try not to grow up too fast :)
Keep telling yourself that, kiddo. I can assure you that I really don't care if you think I'm cool or not.
Clearly you're a little hot under the collar since you're obviously quite defensive. Maybe you should cool off.
NPCs drive neither quickly nor well. It's not likely that what happens easily to an NPC is going to happen to a player. Get it now? Do you need me to draw a picture? Or are we going to keep talking about how cool I am like we're in high school? :)
Oh, but I see you're 24. That's not exactly the epitome of adulthood, chief, although I assumed from your grammar that you were younger.

cuti8tushu
  • cuti8tushu

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:26 AM

They should make a explosive proof armor lol  cry.jpg

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:32 AM

As I've said earlier, I was pretty sure the forum consensus was that armour only helped with impact damage, not gunfire or explosives....I guess I'm going to have to do some testing. I'll take something cheap to replace, probably my rebel, and see how many heavy pistol shots it takes to the grille to set it on fire. Then I'll armour it and do the same again....perhaps I should use the basic pistol actually, for better granularity in the results.

cuti8tushu
  • cuti8tushu

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:36 AM Edited by cuti8tushu, 14 June 2014 - 03:37 AM.

I think armor is for crashing. Like crash into a train and the body will dent and f*ck up your steering. But 100% armor, I don't think it damages as easy or at all I can't remember.

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:49 AM

They really don't help at all

Are we playing the same game?

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:58 AM

Tested it out to see if it protected from bullets, Heavy pistol to Michael's car in the grille until explosion.
Shots
No armor: 41
100% armor:64
  • RowanSane and Sw1ft562 like this

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:02 AM

Tested it out to see if it protected from bullets, Heavy pistol to Michael's car in the grille until explosion.
Shots

Thanks Kitty! I'll still do my own experiment, since repeatability is science.

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:30 AM

Shots

Thanks Kitty! I'll still do my own experiment, since repeatability is science.
Another test I wanted to do but too lazy to try, driving off Maze tower with and without while taking the time, see if armor makes it heavier.

GR Choke
  • GR Choke

Fun Race Creator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:43 AM

i havent bothered with armor on bikes

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:59 AM

Testing again. Franklin's Buffalo, Heavy sniper, shooting grille until explosion.

Shots
No armor: 18
100% armor: 30

ZHPbim
  • ZHPbim

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:29 AM Edited by ZHPbim, 14 June 2014 - 06:31 AM.

Bullet proof tires suck! The second your wheel is out of alignment it just drags and slows you down. With bulletproof tires they won't pop, which just makes it stay slow. When you don't have bulletproof tires they will eventually pop allowing you to get back to a decent speed. Albeit with with less control. Then again what control did you have with tires with negative 40 degree camber in the first place? Plus I actually find it fun driving with 1-3 tires popped.

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:13 AM Edited by I.haigh, 14 June 2014 - 08:13 AM.

Keep telling yourself that, kiddo. I can assure you that I really don't care if you think I'm cool or not.
Clearly you're a little hot under the collar since you're obviously quite defensive. Maybe you should cool off.
NPCs drive neither quickly nor well. It's not likely that what happens easily to an NPC is going to happen to a player. Get it now? Do you need me to draw a picture? Or are we going to keep talking about how cool I am like we're in high school? :)
Oh, but I see you're 24. That's not exactly the epitome of adulthood, chief, although I assumed from your grammar that you were younger.

That's not the point at all. The point is that it could happen, why take the chance? The fact of the matter is that armor is useful and it does make a difference. You just seem to be a little too desperate to be correct about something you are clearly wrong about. Grammar insults? lol Perhaps you should take your adult self and go do something more adult.

I would go on but I can tell that you've decided that you're right no matter what the facts are.

• Accendo likes this

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:44 PM

lol at the OP

keep playing at an obvious disadvantage and argue about being right

armor is just bonus health for your car

and while it is expensive I don't see why any1 wouldn't want that.

just enjoy having to call MMI twice as much as the rest of us XD

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users