Quantcast

» «
Photo

Am I the only one who doesn't bother with armor upgrades?

101 replies to this topic
Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:41 PM

Yes.

100% all the way!

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:42 PM

i never even considered that someone wouldnt use armor on their car, its easily one of if the the absolute best upgrades available, lol!

petraeus
  • petraeus

Thug

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:49 PM

I use it because I want completeness and I want to be the best. 

ParanoiaX
  • ParanoiaX

Mad Paro

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:32 PM

10 cars / 10 bikes.

never got around to putting armor on anything since I rarely drive cars.

I will admit I also never put bulletproof tires on anything... it's bitten me in the ass more than once.

Seriously man, you need $500,000 and you need to get all 20 of those vehicles fitted with BP tires, it will make life so much easier for you!

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:53 PM

No armor or bulletproof tyres for me. Trying to fill 40 garage spots is expensive and I'm not wasting money in that stuff. Cars are mega strong anyway.

PsychoGamer
  • PsychoGamer

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Eritrea

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:57 PM

They really don't help at all and they are expensive

They don't help me with sticky bombs or grenade or even miniguns.

And anyways, they could blue up my Zentorno with 10 shots of a Sawed shotgun

You're not alone... it's the most expensive upgrade, along with the Turbo, and nearly useless. NPC's will not destroy my car, doesn't matter if armored or not, and players... well, they'll pay for it. And if not, the upgrade isn't going to help against Tanks. Another contra, the car loses 5% of it's topspeed or acceleration.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:03 PM

Another contra, the car loses 5% of it's topspeed or acceleration.

Pretty sure that it doesn't affect performance in any shape. I've tried before custom car crew event and I was running similar laptimes with and without it.

LOES
  • LOES

Kawaii!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:09 PM

It's a bit expensive for me, I guess I'll turbo all my rides before saving up for the armor

robrabbitman
  • robrabbitman

Felon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:13 PM

The benefits of impact damage, bullet resistance, and the lack of exploding when landing at a weird angle make armor worth it. If you choose not to use it, you're just missing out. It makes it easier for me to kill you, so be my guest.

• godziller likes this

Buggy2825
  • Buggy2825

Trick

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 07:18 PM

Armour effects weight. Take a futo. Fully modded. Drive it around n see how it feels. Remove the lvl 5 armour and drive again. You will see a difference. And I say the futo because it is very light while maintaining a lot of acceleration. This can also be verified using the ifruit app. The weight stat changes as you add or remove armour

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 07:20 PM

No armor or bulletproof tyres for me. Trying to fill 40 garage spots is expensive and I'm not wasting money in that stuff. Cars are mega strong anyway.

I hope you're kidding lol. Bullet proof tires and armor are two of the most useful mods you can buy for your car.

BoJack Cognac
  • BoJack Cognac

Cowboy and Rap Star

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 07:23 PM

"Am I the only one who doesn't bother with armor upgrades?"

Probably. Without it, your car will start veering left or right after one good, solid head-on collision. 

If I want to damage a car for fun, I just steal one off the street.

LahTigre
  • LahTigre

Miss Demeanor

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2014 - 07:28 PM

Some people who are touting armor seem to forget some cars are way more resistant to frame deformation than others. For example, most of the Super category seems to resist deforming due to heavy impacts better than anything short of a large truck.

Lc gta
  • Lc gta

Mr. Excitement

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:06 PM

For cars its worth putting armour on, but for motorbikes its a waste of money as people will be aiming for you not the bike.

ZHPbim
  • ZHPbim

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:18 PM

I don't either. I actually enjoy having my car become gradually more beat up and thrashed as I drive it. Vehicle damage modeling has always been the best in the GTA series compared to any of its competitors.

What's armor going to do against some asshole player who will blow up your car regardless?
  • SALO or The 120 Days Of Sodom likes this

statistic
  • statistic

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:31 PM

For cars its worth putting armour on, but for motorbikes its a waste of money as people will be aiming for you not the bike.

it's worth it on bikes cause you can survive a bigger jump without crashing.

GankThis110
  • GankThis110

Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:36 PM

i never even considered that someone wouldnt use armor on their car, its easily one of if the the absolute best upgrades available, lol!

This. With kids trying to spray their AP's at you, you'd be dead in 5 seconds without it. Hell, you can withstand mini gun dmg for a short time, and they have to actually AIM and THROW stickies and grenades to get you.

cuti8tushu
  • cuti8tushu

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:37 PM

I'm just too lazy to get it, affordability isn't a problem

Accendo
  • Accendo

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:51 PM

Armor just slows you down and I race whenever I actually get online so it's not really worth it.

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

I bust until I'm empty, best chance to take you with me.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:11 PM

The question you should really be asking yourself in this armor debate is, am I a lion, or am I a lamb?

DJ Kornphlake
  • DJ Kornphlake

Hustler

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:15 PM

Armor just slows you down and I race whenever I actually get online so it's not really worth it.

No it doesn't. At all.

Accendo
  • Accendo

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:20 PM

Myself and others have run numerous speed tests both with and without armor and have all come to the conclusion that it does affect your acceleration, albeit very minimally.

danowar
  • danowar

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:40 PM

I've noticed that when I fully-armor a vehicle that I tend to have less bent wheels that render my car useless.  Could be coincidence. 

• sultangris likes this

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:42 PM

No it doesn't. At all.

If he really thinks armor on his car isn't worth it then let him think that, meanwhile we will go on surviving more than 3 shots from an uzi or ap pistol. :)

Cmdr_Shepherd
  • Cmdr_Shepherd

Glitchfinder General

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:44 PM

I'll put a bit on most cars - normally 40%, because it's dirt-cheap, yet enough to deflect a decent amount of fire/prevent severe bodywork deformation.

That said, until I unlock 100% on both my characters, it's just false economy to keep paying for incremental upgrades (same goes for engine/brake upgrades), then have to pay full whack for the next tier.

Forager
  • Forager

No Count A$$hole

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:00 PM

#YOLOSWAG

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:02 PM

I hope you're kidding lol. Bullet proof tires and armor are two of the most useful mods you can buy for your car.

Not kidding. Any half-assed sport car with performance mods is enough to stay out of trouble. It's easy to outrun other players and that's all I need. If I have turbo, engine 4 and race transmission, I won't need the rest.

Going into detail, it still takes one explosion to kill me and deformation damage is so low that almost never happens. That makes armour nearly useless. About BP tyres, only NPCs ever aim for my wheels so no big deal.

I'll happily take the risk to save that pile of money for stuff I really want.

justinlynch3
  • justinlynch3

GTA legit player

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:06 PM

I eventually buy armor upgrades for cars but I almost never buy body armor. lol

Robaldinio
  • Robaldinio

Stay DeClasse

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:15 PM

I thought this was about body armour for some reason. I never purchase body armour any more.

I have always upgraded my car with armour though, but I suppose I've never really seen how it helps. Bulletproof tyres are all you need.

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:19 PM

Why do people post such stupid questions? Am I the only... yes. Yes you are. You are so super special and unique. You're like a red rose in a rose garden or a blue car in a parking lot full of white cars of the exact same make and model.

Go away.
  • sultangris, RoachKiller_416, I.haigh and 1 other like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users