• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic
Carmen!
  • Carmen!

Just Passing Through..

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:56 PM

I feel like i'm misunderstood and I feel like no one truly knows me. Should I start a blog about my life or something?

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• Members
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:04 AM

Today, everyone and his dog has a blog. It's nothing special, unless you've found a niche that you can fill. Something you can offer that people are going to want to read.

If you want to start a blog, do it. No one can tell you that you should or shouldn't. But if you do, you'd need to find something that will interest people - writing about a mundane day at school isn't going to cut it. Unless you can make it funny or something fresh.

Carmen!
  • Carmen!

Just Passing Through..

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:26 AM

Today, everyone and his dog has a blog. It's nothing special, unless you've found a niche that you can fill. Something you can offer that people are going to want to read.

If you want to start a blog, do it. No one can tell you that you should or shouldn't. But if you do, you'd need to find something that will interest people - writing about a mundane day at school isn't going to cut it. Unless you can make it funny or something fresh.

okay. thanks. I don't think I should start a blog with this. It's just that I desperately want friends or just people to understand me. I tried on this forum, but.. I don't think people can really do anything about it. Nevertheless, thanks for the reply. ooh, what about a memoir, or like, a journal?

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:27 AM

Blog, Memoir journal - it's all different sides of the same coin; you're still telling people your story, and people will only read it if there's something that interests them. If you're a chef with lots of tips on cooking, then people will be interested. If you're a funny person, or cynical, and have a fresh take on events, then people might be entertained.

If you're looking to just vent or express yourself, then consider poetry or song writing. I find them good to get thoughts out of my head. Stories are good too, you can craft a character that is a reflection of yourself, perhaps exaggerated in some way, and turn your events into a story.

As for wanting friends or understanding, well we all do. But you won't find a true friend on an internet forum. That only happens in person (well, mostly). Someone to hang out with, go to a bar with - you can't do that online (definitely not in GTA online!)
Some people won't understand you. Many people don't understand Depression  and just say "cheer up" - but others can be very understanding. Finding your own way to express yourself is a journey that only you can undertake. Look into writing poetry, prose, learn a musical instrument, paint paintings, record songs, build models, take up photography, or something.

Sounds like you're looking for understanding in the wrong place. Try to find that amongst your peers. Find something to give you a bit of confidence (sport's good as you get fit, and enjoy banter with the lads(or ladies) and thus could craft a friendship there), and you might find yourself able to just let go and have a laugh - don't worry about being understood too much. That might take time.

• Carmen! likes this

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

Mahogany den writer, between the ashtrays and nuts.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [Expression]

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:28 AM

Did this warrant an entire topic? Not to sound like too much of a hardass but you could have asked this in The Writers' Room.

As for the question, a blog is an irritating form of communication that everybody and their mother uses to justify their online, pc-mac generation computer use. Find something worth doing to be understood. Writing a blog won't fix that. 

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:34 PM

Did this warrant an entire topic? Not to sound like too much of a hardass but you could have asked this in The Writers' Room.

I spent at least two minutes thinking that, but then decided to just answer instead of going all mod-power-crazy. Technically, no it doesn't need its own topic, but at the same time this section's so quiet, I thought I'd just leave it open, instead of slamming the door on someone who seems to be seeking acceptance or something...

Carmen!
  • Carmen!

Just Passing Through..

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:31 PM

Blog, Memoir journal - it's all different sides of the same coin; you're still telling people your story, and people will only read it if there's something that interests them. If you're a chef with lots of tips on cooking, then people will be interested. If you're a funny person, or cynical, and have a fresh take on events, then people might be entertained.

If you're looking to just vent or express yourself, then consider poetry or song writing. I find them good to get thoughts out of my head. Stories are good too, you can craft a character that is a reflection of yourself, perhaps exaggerated in some way, and turn your events into a story.

As for wanting friends or understanding, well we all do. But you won't find a true friend on an internet forum. That only happens in person (well, mostly). Someone to hang out with, go to a bar with - you can't do that online (definitely not in GTA online!)
Some people won't understand you. Many people don't understand Depression  and just say "cheer up" - but others can be very understanding. Finding your own way to express yourself is a journey that only you can undertake. Look into writing poetry, prose, learn a musical instrument, paint paintings, record songs, build models, take up photography, or something.

Sounds like you're looking for understanding in the wrong place. Try to find that amongst your peers. Find something to give you a bit of confidence (sport's good as you get fit, and enjoy banter with the lads(or ladies) and thus could craft a friendship there), and you might find yourself able to just let go and have a laugh - don't worry about being understood too much. That might take time.

Thank you for replying. Thanks for also not locking the thread. Sorry if it was off topic. I just wanted to get a second opinion on how I should figure out what to do in regards to expressing my feelings and such. I see everyone on this side of the forum and I'm bewildered. Such creativity and prose are all into these works. It's amazing. I wish there were more people that found this section. I have a few fan-fictions of my own I thought about, but i'm afraid that if I post them, i'd be shunned or people would tell me to go to "fanfiction.net" or something. I don't know.. I just have a lot of things to say, but I'm not sure how to invest people. I used to get commended in school for writing essays and small stuff, but you guys and gals here are elite compared to what I thought.

Carmen!
  • Carmen!

Just Passing Through..

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:14 AM

That entire post you sent may have been the nicest thing someone has ever told me on this forum.

Gutslab
  • Gutslab

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 15 June 2014 - 11:55 AM

well you changed your gender from female to male. i guess you could talk about that

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 June 2014 - 01:31 PM

Please don't double post, Carmen. Instead use the EDIT button

well you changed your gender from female to male. i guess you could talk about that

I don't think that's helping.

If you have stories you've written, upload them here. There's no restriction in subject matter or genre. I'm a big supporter of fan fiction, and while most agree that originals are better, it's a different thing.

Post some of your stuff, contribute and involve yourself in this community and you'll fit in fine. Have a look at some of the writings here and reply with your opinions, learn from them and hard your own stuff - no matter what it is (fanfic, original, poems, songs, whatever. If its Work of writing, this is the place for it)

Carmen!
  • Carmen!

Just Passing Through..

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:56 AM

I am a male.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:07 PM

I really can't see this going anywhere. Carmen, feel free to post in the Writer's Room; that's really the best place to discuss anything related to writing, and while this is a slow section, you will likely receive more positive replies. I'm going to close this topic, so if you want to discuss writing, do it there :^:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users