Low anti-aliasing. Why?

34 replies to this topic
one55
  • one55

Nigguh!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:29 AM

If you're on your couch far away from the TV, you won't notice.

This.

Consoles don't need AA so whats the point of using extra resources to have it?

they actually do. IV was terrible looking on PS3. So jaggy. even some new games on PS4 have no AA and it's really noticeable (Watch Dogs). 

you can't just say "but your tv is further away, you won't notice". that's totally dependant on what tv size you have, how big the room is and the placement of the tv and where you sit. i know it does help if you sit further away but games really should have AA. even if it's just a little bit. i'm not looking for smooth edges. 

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:00 AM

It seems by the new trailer that (at least the PS4 version) will have low anti-aliasing. I'm not complaining I'm just curious since I thought new consoles and PCs were powerful enough to get full anti-aliasing. Why do you think it isn't a feature? kinda strange

Well... wait, It wasn't that bad AA, it was decent man. Anyways I'm getting it on PC, you should do the same if you want the best.

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:45 AM

Lets just hope its not like IV on PC where you have no AA ;)
  • AlasClarin likes this

lydianduck
  • lydianduck

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:47 AM Edited by Brainsick, 14 June 2014 - 08:50 AM.

V on pc will support dx11 which means it will have AA (MSAA most likely), IV had none due to its deferred lighting system.

Thankfully, the lack of AA on GTA IV (or any game for that matter) is not really a problem on pc, I used to downsample IV from 3840x2160 plus FXAA on nvidia's control panel, it looked smooth as hell. pc = flexibilty.

Andreas
  • Andreas

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:50 AM

The trailer was captured from the PS4 version, and the AA is definitely a huge improvement over PS4/X360, which had no anti-aliasing whatsoever in case you didn't know. Not to forget that the PS4 and Xbox One editions will run at 1080p natively, which are 2,25 times more pixels in total, to be specific. It is not like that the vastly improved AA and resolution are all benefits of the upcoming releases. There are also vastly improved textures, graphical effects and the like. Let's not forget some of the additions that will be done to give people even more reasons to purchase the game another time. That are just the things we know so far, there is still more to reveal.

• BLOOD-MOND likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users