The "in-game economy" of GTA ONLINE is crap

229 replies to this topic
Sayuri
  • Sayuri

Danshi wa Kenkyuu Taishou

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:28 PM

You really think we would get the Turismo or Zentorno for free?

Why not? The Elegy is arguably the best Sports class car in the game and it's free... If the plan all along was to have everything cost GTA$ in order to "force cash cards" (as some put it, even though it's a ridiculous statement) why didn't they charge for anything in the Beach Bum update?

Exactly, It's a video game, How someone can not expect people to hack or mod is beyond me.

I've been playing video games for over 30 years and have never felt the need to hack or mod a single one.

On top of that, I have no issues if someone wants to hack, mod, glitch, or do whatever to a single player game... It's when they do it in online that causes the problems, as then it is directly affecting anyone and everyone that the hacker/modder/glitcher encounters in the game.

Believe it or not, there are some out there that just want to play the game for what it is... Unfortunately, the glitchers, modders and hackers have zero respect for anyone else that's playing online.

-Bill

Mods don't always mean ruining people's experiences. Some of these mods actually are made for people to have fun, Must be boring only to play to the game's default limit I guess LOL.

tjor24
  • tjor24

Homie

• Members

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:00 PM

It does suck but my problem is having to find the high paying missions and then they get repetitive. Or a mission where I can spend more in ammo than I'm rewarded for completing it. EVERY job should just payout at least 5k. I don't think that's unreasonable.
  • blackwolfred likes this

MilezDawg
  • MilezDawg

No Jones No Stones

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:03 PM

This is why i glitch money.

You're the reason heists are being delayed.

Proof that money glitching has delayed heists ? There isn't any.

RSRocks
  • RSRocks

Hobby-Musician

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:08 PM

I agree, that the prices are TOO HIGH! I had to spend 100k for f*cking ammo!!! The gun attachments, LS Customs (Turbo for 50k!?) are simply too expensive. That's why many people glitch and/or hack.

• Awesom-0 likes this

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:28 PM Edited by BLeonard, 14 June 2014 - 10:32 PM.

and i explained it right back; after months of basically the same content, aside from a few neew cars, clothes, guns, races, deathmatches and rec activites, there has been no reall updates.. the storyline, if there even is one, has remained the same since launch.

Yet, you don't think R* having to stop and fix all of these glitches/mods and hacks plays into how quickly things get released? You complain about not having new stuff, yet it's very likely that a good part of the reason that there hasn't been any "major" updates is due to you and others glitching, hacking and modding.

You lie to talk about The Ballad of Gay Tony being "major DLC," yet you fail to mention that it took a year and a half after GTA IV was released for that to be released. GTA V is 9 months old... Online is 8 months old. Less than half of the time that it took for BOGT to be released.

players are bored because of this, not because they glitched all their money and bought everything. i mean think about it, missions have the same goal: go kill some guys, steal this object, run back to daddy. that gets old, that makes players bored. that why free roam becomes a glorified deathmatch cuz there's nothing interesting or exciting to do.

That doesn't give them the excuse to glitch, hack and mod the game, causing more issues for R* to solve... You get bored? Take the game out of the console. Very simple solution.

i hope you dont plan to go into law or ever think about taking someone to court, becuase you would butcher the process. your only evidence is circumstanial and is based off of speculation. we dont know if my glitching has caused console freezes or anything else related.

Actually, I've won a few court cases, so there's that.

I realize the Franklin's Buffalo thing is circumstantial. I never said it for sure caused issues. But, that doesn't mean that it doesn't. As I said, glitches, by design, can cause unintended results. while you use it to steal GTA$, the results could very well go beyond that result.

if you want to balme someone, then blame hackers that make the glitches possible.

So, if a person goes out and shoots someone, I blame the store that sold him the gun? You're the one actually doing the glitch... You're the one to blame.

as far as we know, selling Frankilin's buffalo does nothing to harm other people's experience. 1. they dont know where my money came from. 2. they dont care.
furthermore, if it was causing such a huge problem, R* would remove it. have they? no

Like you said, maybe R* doesn't know that it's causing a problem... Doesn't mean that it isn't.

youre right, its been so long that i forgot there was a level limit for bulletproof tires. so lets say he was a level 20? he can buy them now, he cant buy a tank or buzzard sure, but im not concerned about that. he can buy everything else though. he can buy the weapons in the updates, like the bullup which is better than the carbine. and piggbacking off of what another player said, these CC give the player money out of the blue. shouldnt that be considered a glitch? or wait, no because its justified cuz R* is making their money.

Go back to what you said:

a level 10 noob who spends his RL money for CC can have everything i have which took me months to earn. how is that progression? does that ruin the "economy"? idk. but it ruins my experience.

Your statement is not true. Therefore, your experience being "ruined" as a result of an untrue statement is untrue as well.

On top of that, you stopped earning things the moment you started glitching.

im sorry, i misread your question. to answer it, yes i have bought stuff from the updates.

Stuff that you wouldn't have been able to get, had R* charged for the updates... Because, by your own admission, you wouldn't have bought any of it.

So, as a result of R* using a cash card model, instead of, say, a paid DLC model, you ended up with more ingame stuff than you would have had, had they used the paid DLC model...

And, the way you thank them is to steal from them, because making money is "just too hard."

-Bill

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:39 PM

Mods don't always mean ruining people's experiences. Some of these mods actually are made for people to have fun, Must be boring only to play to the game's default limit I guess LOL.

Fine. Mod single player then, where you're not affecting others... Not everyone thinks it's "cool" or "fun," especially when those mods are in the hands of people that use it to break the game.

-Bill

well im averaging $200k/hour.

Fine, but you're not earning it... You're just cheating to get it.

just cuz i glitch in 141k/hour doesnt mean i dont play the game.

While you're glitching, you're stealing. Period.

in terms of level progression, i did everything naturally.

That's incorrect as well, provided you started glitching before you reached rank 120.

You start glitching at say, level 20... So, you can easily afford those bulletproof tires that you claim are oh-so-expensive for the player that doesn't glitch. You've just given yourself an unfair advantage over that player.

Car improvements like transmission upgrades? Well, you were able to afford it quicker than a person that plays by the rules, due to your glitching money. As a result, you beat the legit player in a race that, while he might be a better racer than you, loses because his car isn't as upgraded as yours, because he didn't glitch money.

So, as a result, you:

1: Steal a win from him, which allows you to get the turbo and other upgrades that you need race wins to unlock quicker

2: Steal the RP that goes to the race winner, which means you rank up quicker, unlocking items that require a certain rank to unlock.

3: Steal the money awarded to the race winner, which just widens the whole money gap between the two of you more.

All as a direct result of your money glitching.

and these glitches youre referencing to ...i have nothing to do with that, not my fault, not responsibility. if youre gonna complain about that, complainn to whoever is responsible.

You're the one doing the glitch. It is 100% your fault that you choose to do it. Unless someone is coming into your home, holding a gun to your head and FORCING you to glitch money, it is, without a doubt, 100% YOUR FAULT!

im not even gonna go into your madden comparision. two completely different games with completely different objectives

Glitching/hacking/modding/cheating is the same, no matter what game you're playing. You can't say it's OK to do in one game and not another.

-Bill

LastExile
  • LastExile

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2014 - 08:57 AM Edited by LastExile, 15 June 2014 - 10:06 AM.

This is why i glitch money.

You're the reason heists are being delayed.
Can you prove this? Oh cant? But if that is true, I must be delaying it by years with my 140mil. The only proof i will believe, is a written statement from rockstar saying that money glitches are delaying heists.

Good thing I glitched for my money.  I'm not wasting time with low mission payouts or wasting $100 on cash cards.  Its my money and I want it now!

It's actually not your money.
I think selling your own car over and over is ;p

I have the OPPOSITE problem, I seem to have money and nothing I want to spend it on. I have an apartment, a separate 10-car garage. Cars I enjoy, guns, sticky bombs, armor and nothing else to spend the cash on. I want more property to buy or something!

I have this promblem too, lol I bought and have all the cars I wanted fully upgraded, and guns/clothes/apts. Game is still fun for me, doing all the races/deathmatches/jobs etc just want more stuff to buy lol

LastExile
  • LastExile

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:10 AM Edited by LastExile, 15 June 2014 - 10:07 AM.

Cant delete this post

raggingmonkey
  • raggingmonkey

Sarcastic Idiot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:44 AM Edited by raggingmonkey, 15 June 2014 - 09:49 AM.

we can butt heads over this for a very long time. so lets just wrap this up.

these glitches are available and i am going to use them until i get a warning or get banned, both of which wont happen for a very long time. R* has their hands full fixing their very glitchy/broken game. is that my fault? no, they released an unfinished product. am i taking advantage of the system? sure. but if R* wanted to stop people from cheating, they would fix their game. and im sure thats exactly what theyre doing atm. am i stealing? not in my opinion. we are talking about "potential" profits, not actual profits. i already said i wont buy CC. so im not costing R* a dime.

bottom line is that i am going to play the game according to how i see fit. you dont like it? report me. complain about it. or stay quiet, i honestly dont care. you want to micro-analyze everything i do and how glitching makes me a cheater and means i dont "earn" anything in the game? who cares? i am merely one of hundreds, thousands, if not more who have, at some point, cheated.  especially since there are so many glitches to take advantage of. nobody knows where my money came from. for all they care, i bought CCs. does it ruin their experience? no. you can say that it does, but whatever, thats your opinion. youre entitled to that.

i dont like CCs.. but apparently they are necessary. spend your money on them, support R*, its your money. but im not wasting mine on virtual GTA$. im not going to grind missions  or races to make a measly $50k/hour. i want to enjoy the game. i want to actually play it, not grind. call me entitled, i honestly dont care. cuz at the end of the day, ima walk away and disregard what you said. our discussion isnt going to change my opinion or how i play the game. play it the way you want to. 

does my cheating ruin other peoples experience? no. everyone does their own thing. do they say, "holy crap youre driving a entity, you must have cheated! im going to report you!"? or "im so pissed that he has that car and i dont, my gaming experience is wrecked cuz of that rich bastard"? no, they keep driving. or they try to kill you. 

by your theory of glitching money makes me a cheater in everything i do...well then that means that i am a victim of cheaters too! cuz everytime i go into a race, at least one guy used a cheat to give him an edge. thats why when i host races, its stock only, no custom cars. there, your cheating theory has been shot out of the water. but either way, do you think a large portion of the community actually played this game the way it was intended, without using a cheat? not likely. 

and youve won cases? please share the name of the cases so i can look it up, i am VERY interested in your legal achievements

• Awesom-0 and LastExile like this

LastExile
  • LastExile

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:11 AM Edited by LastExile, 15 June 2014 - 10:19 AM.

we can butt heads on this for a very long time. so lets just wrap this up.

these glitches are available and i am going to use them until i get a warning or get banned, both of which wont happen for a very long time. R* has their hands full fixing their very glitchy/broken game. is that my fault? no, they released an unfinished product. am i taking advantage of the system? sure. but if R* wanted to stop people from cheating, they would fix their game. and im sure thats exactly what theyre doing atm. am i stealing? not in my opinion. we are talking about "potential" profits, not actual profits. i already said i wont buy CC. so im not costing R* a dime.
 bottom line is that i am going to play the game according to how i see fit. you dont like it? report me. complain about it. or stay quiet, i honestly dont care. you want to micro-analyze everything i do and how glitching makes me a cheater and means i dont "earn" anything in the game? who cares? i am merely one of hundreds, thousands, if not more who have, at some point, cheated.  especially since there are so many glitches to take advantage of. nobody knows where my money came from. for all they care, i bought CCs. does it ruin their experience? no. you can say that it does, but whatever, thats your opinion. youre entitled to that.

i dont like CCs.. but apparently they are necessary. spend your money on them, support R*, its your money. but im not wasting mine on virtual GTA$. im not going to grind missions  or races to make a measly $50k/hour. i want to enjoy the game. i want to actually play it, not grind. call me entitled, i honestly dont care. cuz at the end of the day, ima walk away and disregard what you said. our discussion isnt going to change my opinion or how i play the game. play it the way you want to. 

does my cheating ruin other peoples experience? no. everyone does their own thing. do they say, "holy crap youre driving a entity, you must have cheated! im going to report you!"? or "im so pissed that he has that car and i dont, my gaming experience is wrecked cuz of that rich bastard"? no, they keep driving. or they try to kill you. 

by your theory of glitching money makes me a cheater in everything i do...well then that means that i am a victim of cheaters too! cuz everytime i go into a race, at least one guy used a cheat to give him an edge. thats why when i host races, its stock only, no custom cars. there, your cheating theory has been shot out of the water. but either way, do you think a large portion of the community actually played this game the way it was intended, without using a cheat? not likely. 

and youve won cases? please share the name of the cases so i can look it up, i am VERY interested in your legal achievements

I love you, I love you so much right now.
  • raggingmonkey likes this

Jessica Phoenix
  • Jessica Phoenix

Jessca PH

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2014 - 01:06 PM

I also believe this ends the conversation? Unless someone has better reply?

¥en
  • ¥en

Get Cage'd

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 15 June 2014 - 01:24 PM Edited by Insert-Coin-To-Continue, 15 June 2014 - 01:24 PM.

Wrong. My dogwalker's uncle's cousin twice removed works for Rockstar and he says money glitchers are the reason heists keep getting delayed.

Total legit x1000

MilezDawg
  • MilezDawg

No Jones No Stones

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2014 - 01:53 PM

Wrong. My dogwalker's uncle's cousin twice removed works for Rockstar and he says money glitchers are the reason heists keep getting delayed.

Total legit x1000

Hey, I read it on the Internet, must be true.

SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

I want a 'Minaj' w/ Nicki & Iggy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:26 PM

You see, children. This one here is the EXCUSE MASTER. This is about as dense and disillusioned as someone can get.

Do not follow in such irresponsible, and shallow thinking.

raggingmonkey
  • raggingmonkey

Sarcastic Idiot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:43 PM Edited by raggingmonkey, 15 June 2014 - 11:04 PM.

You see, children. This one here is the EXCUSE MASTER. This is about as dense and disillusioned as someone can get.

Please, do explain your reasoning. Because I just displayed a damn good argument. Explain to me why this is "dense and disillusioned". Cuz its easy to attack someone's opinion, but unless you've got a counter argument, I would recommend you to stfu

• Zwenkwiel and Awesom-0 like this

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:21 PM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 15 June 2014 - 03:22 PM.

Please, do explain your reasoning. Because I just displayed a damn good argument. Explain to me why this is "drnse and disillusioned". Cuz its easy to attack someone's opinion, but unless you've got a counter argument, I would recommend you to stfu

gotta give him this one.

so many people on here just go for personal attacks and yelling they're right when they don't have any real arguments

you are entitled to your own opinion, but if you can't back it up don't expect to win any1 over.

Jessica Phoenix
  • Jessica Phoenix

Jessca PH

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:52 PM Edited by Jessica Phoenix, 15 June 2014 - 09:57 PM.

I got the perfect reply I was looking for, im happy. Gonna unfollow this now, this reply ended the conversation for me. Cheers!
  • raggingmonkey likes this

Skylan
  • Skylan

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:09 PM

WTF is a "cash card"?

Awesom-0
  • Awesom-0

Happy 1st anniversary without heists!

• Members