The "in-game economy" of GTA ONLINE is crap

229 replies to this topic
southparkmayor
  • southparkmayor

Derp

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:54 PM

The economy of gta online seems to have high inflation. We get low payouts but a silencer for a gun is 10,000?

A paint job can range anywhwere from 750 to like 5000. Why does a different form of red have to cost 10 times more than normal old red?  Red = 920, lava red = 11600? That makes no f*cking sense. The prices for each color paint job in gta single player costs the same in their own type of paint. Alot of other goods and services are overpriced too. Look at the cash cards too. the 8,000,000 cash card costs more than the game. $100. What really happens when you buy the cash card is you throw away $100 just to have a computer raise the money saved in your profile in their cloud servers. That's like going to your game saves in my documents and editing the money in the game save. This is ridiculous!  Who ever came with the idea of micro-transactions for gta online needs to be fired. all microtransations do to a game is decrease its value. And where are those heists? Those heists better revamp the game and have really high payouts like 500,000 on average for each heist. GTA Online feels stagnant right now. 

• SirPhilMcKraken, GroundZero, return-to-innocence and 18 others like this

AlienOne
  • AlienOne

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:55 PM Edited by AlienOne, 12 June 2014 - 06:57 PM.

Actually, just yesterday I spent around $50,000 on a paint job for my Bati 801 :p
  • saintsrow, theGTAking101, HBSanta and 2 others like this

jjbinks4
  • jjbinks4

Dammit giantsgiants

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:56 PM Edited by jjbinks4, 12 June 2014 - 06:59 PM.

I wish MP prices were more like prices in SP. Cheap as hell! Seriously, i spend about $250K modding vehicles in MP when I spend about $120K in SP. The only bad thing about getting cheaper LSC prices is that we will see more people with CHROME cars.
  • Sketchy James, theGTAking101, RoachKiller_416 and 1 other like this

line of chop
  • line of chop

Playa

• Members

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:57 PM

This is why i glitch money.

• SirPhilMcKraken, GroundZero, return-to-innocence and 15 others like this

AlienOne
  • AlienOne

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:58 PM

You're the reason heists are being delayed.
  • Iroquois, Tonzofun, PkUnzipper and 8 others like this

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:00 PM

GTA Online feels stagnant right now. 

This forum is stagnant, we keep getting the same threads over and over...like this one, for example

• MilezDawg, HBSanta and mr toasterbutt like this

southparkmayor
  • southparkmayor

Derp

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:00 PM

R* set themselves up for this not the glitchers. They make earning money difficult as possible. people want to have fun not grind the same low paying missions over and over to get what they want.

• levendis likes this

AlienOne
  • AlienOne

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:03 PM

R* set themselves up for this not the glitchers. They make earning money difficult as possible. people want to have fun not grind the same low paying missions over and over to get what they want.
Eh. I don't see what's the problem with the prices of things.

Then again, I am sitting on $5.2 million...
  • HBSanta, Jeff Nesteruk, TheGoodSgtScooter and 1 other like this

AWEMYGOD
  • AWEMYGOD

Heistdelayer

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:03 PM

The absence of paragraphs in your OP is crap as well.

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:07 PM

I blame the modders, glitchers and hackers, personally.

Think about this: when the Beach Bum update was released, everything was free of charge... Then soonafter, came the holiday season, where all of the money hacks, glitches and mods exploded.

Every update after has had a GTA$ price tag attached to everything in it... Many of those price tags set fairly high.

Had the money modding, glitching and hacking not happened, it's quite possible that the items in the Valentine's Day, Business and High Life updates all could have been free of charge, just like everything in the Beach Bum update was.

After all of the money mods, glitches and hacks, the only way R* could even attempt to balance things again was to put a price tag on the new cars, clothes, etc contained in the DLC... So, that's what they did and likely will continue to do.

Personally, when heists are released, I wouldn't be surprised to see those have a price tag on them to run as well. Again, I'd placed the blame directly on those who hacked, modded and glitched.

-Bill
  • Iroquois and Jeff Nesteruk like this

tronheisenberg
  • tronheisenberg

The Danger

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:11 PM

The prices are the way they are because it is supposed to take you 6 years to "complete" it. Go back to SP if you don't like it.
  • bloatedsack and LastExile like this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:17 PM

ninja'd.

• Jeone and AlienOne like this

line of chop
  • line of chop

Playa

• Members

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:20 PM

Maybe everyone should do it, then no one would give a f*ck about heists. Iv got plenty of money and i dont care for heists just like i dont care for you as a human being chump.

tronheisenberg
  • tronheisenberg

The Danger

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:22 PM

Maybe everyone should do it, then no one would give a f*ck about heists. Iv got plenty of money and i dont care for heists just like i dont care for you as a human being chump.

People still use chump as an insult?

• return-to-innocence, ONEkingscar, HBSanta and 4 others like this

SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

I want a 'Minaj' w/ Nicki & Iggy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:22 PM

Recently started a new character and am finding no trouble making money and buying the things I need for my character. Then again, I know what to look for and know how to shoot and not waste ammo.

It's too bad people are greedy and unsatisfied with their gaming experience.
  • GrandTheftRobbo likes this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:23 PM Edited by ten-a-penny, 12 June 2014 - 07:27 PM.

There's people who wants to play Legit you know. I'm not gonna hack and glitch over a video game. Harmless glitches (i.e Mask + Glasses glitch) are fine, but stuff that ruins the game? H.E.L.L  N.O, litterally.

<cutted>

Whenever I hear 'Chump' I remember that purple birdo dickhead from The Legend of Spyro The Eternal Night where he just didn't stop saying Chump.

• Xyn, A Maned Wolf, Jeff Nesteruk and 3 others like this

Yura'ndGames
  • Yura'ndGames

☆Bifta'sRus☆

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:36 PM

I blame the modders, glitchers and hackers, personally.

Think about this: when the Beach Bum update was released, everything was free of charge... Then soonafter, came the holiday season, where all of the money hacks, glitches and mods exploded.

Every update after has had a GTA$ price tag attached to everything in it... Many of those price tags set fairly high.

Had the money modding, glitching and hacking not happened, it's quite possible that the items in the Valentine's Day, Business and High Life updates all could have been free of charge, just like everything in the Beach Bum update was.

After all of the money mods, glitches and hacks, the only way R* could even attempt to balance things again was to put a price tag on the new cars, clothes, etc contained in the DLC... So, that's what they did and likely will continue to do.

Personally, when heists are released, I wouldn't be surprised to see those have a price tag on them to run as well. Again, I'd placed the blame directly on those who hacked, modded and glitched.

-Bill

You really think we would get the Turismo or Zentorno for free?

There's people who wants to play Legit you know. I'm not gonna hack and glitch over a video game. Harmless glitches (i.e Mask + Glasses glitch) are fine, but stuff that ruins the game? H.E.L.L  N.O, litterally.

<cutted>

Whenever I hear 'Chump' I remember that purple birdo dickhead from The Legend of Spyro The Eternal Night where he just didn't stop saying Chump.

Exactly, It's a video game, How someone can not expect people to hack or mod is beyond me.

• levendis likes this

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:36 PM

That's a myth.. you can't prove that

• return-to-innocence, ModderX, levendis and 1 other like this

Cragovich
  • Cragovich

The Division.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:38 PM

The economy went to poop when players could become millionaires within a few minutes of glitching and not get punished. The old days of selling a car then swapping character.

Cash is king in Los Santos. It's also worthless.

Epsilon_Program
  • Epsilon_Program

KIFFLOM

• Members
  • Fiji

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:40 PM

There's no economy. As soon as they introduced cash cards, that economy goes straight out of the window.

• GroundZero, return-to-innocence, Jeone and 8 others like this

Kid SixXx
  • Kid SixXx

Death Valley Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:45 PM Edited by Kid SixXx, 12 June 2014 - 07:45 PM.

There is no economy because there is no market force to establish cost.  The prices on things we buy never fluctuate and our various criminal enterprises don't need financial support.

It is like a big Dave & Busters.   We play games, get tickets, and save them up so that we can get the nice t-shirts and stuffed animals instead of the crappy candy and plastic keychains.

• return-to-innocence, madmanaz, HBSanta and 8 others like this

Awesom-0
  • Awesom-0

Happy 1st anniversary without heists!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:54 PM

The economy of gta online seems to have high inflation. We get low payouts but a silencer for a gun is 10,000?

A paint job can range anywhwere from 750 to like 5000. Why does a different form of red have to cost 10 times more than normal old red?  Red = 920, lava red = 11600? That makes no f*cking sense. The prices for each color paint job in gta single player costs the same in their own type of paint. Alot of other goods and services are overpriced too. Look at the cash cards too. the 8,000,000 cash card costs more than the game. $100. What really happens when you buy the cash card is you throw away $100 just to have a computer raise the money saved in your profile in their cloud servers. That's like going to your game saves in my documents and editing the money in the game save. This is ridiculous!  Who ever came with the idea of micro-transactions for gta online needs to be fired. all microtransations do to a game is decrease its value. And where are those heists? Those heists better revamp the game and have really high payouts like 500,000 on average for each heist. GTA Online feels stagnant right now. 

I feel your pain OP. Your avatar explains the face i had when i first saw the prices of everything in GTA Online. Just a few days ago, i bough an Exemplar and got all of the necessary upgrades like armor, engine, transmission, turbo, bullet-proof wheel, and a paint job. I wen from $535,555 to $75,000!!!  :( I f*cking quit GTA Online shortly after. I felt robbed. Hours of work. GONE!!! Its f*cking bullsh*t.

As much as i hate cash cards, they do keep the server running and keep giving us free DLC. Even if it is nothing but some more suits, rifles, and super-cars. 

AlienOne
  • AlienOne

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:56 PM

I feel your pain OP. Your avatar explains the face i had when i first saw the prices of everything in GTA Online. Just a few days ago, i bough an Exemplar and got all of the necessary upgrades like armor, engine, transmission, turbo, bullet-proof wheel, and a paint job. I wen from $535,555 to $75,000!!!  :( I f*cking quit GTA Online shortly after. I felt robbed. Hours of work. GONE!!! Its f*cking bullsh*t.

As much as i hate cash cards, they do keep the server running and keep giving us free DLC. Even if it is nothing but some more suits, rifles, and super-cars. 
It isn't bullsh*t. Do more jobs.

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:57 PM

Good thing I glitched for my money.  I'm not wasting time with low mission payouts or wasting $100 on cash cards.  Its my money and I want it now!

• return-to-innocence, ZeroF0rce and LastExile like this

AlienOne
  • AlienOne

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:59 PM

Good thing I glitched for my money.  I'm not wasting time with low mission payouts or wasting $100 on cash cards.  Its my money and I want it now!

It's actually not your money.

Valdorien
  • Valdorien

We weren't ready!

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:03 PM

I agree that the prices are really high but I deal with it...kinda.

The prices in Single player are more like normal prices. The prices in GTA Online are high...but that could maybe explain the fact that there are millions of criminals (players).

Awesom-0
  • Awesom-0

Happy 1st anniversary without heists!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:03 PM

Yes it is f*cking bullsh*t. I shouldn't be going from $535,555 to $75,000 on a f*cking coupes classed car.

E1999Eternal
  • E1999Eternal

Peon

• Members

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:04 PM

Because they're some greedy MFers and the sooner you run out of cash, the quicker you'll do anything for more....including giving up your credit card. 

• GrandTheftBatman, blackwolfred and levendis like this

AlienOne
  • AlienOne

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:05 PM

Yes it is f*cking bullsh*t. I shouldn't be going from $535,555 to $75,000 on a f*cking coupes classed car.

Do you know how much 100% Armor and Turbo even cost? -_-

SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

I want a 'Minaj' w/ Nicki & Iggy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:05 PM

You shouldn't get a fully upgraded vehicle for nothing either...greedy much?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users