Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you think that the SR-71 should be added to GTA online?

178 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you think that the SR-71 should be added to GTA online? (230 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think that the SR-71 should be added to GTA online?

1. HELL YEAH!! (101 votes [42.98%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.98%

2. no, just NO -_- (134 votes [57.02%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 57.02%

Vote Guests cannot vote
CJXJ220
  • CJXJ220

Thug

• Members

Posted 16 June 2014 - 07:52 AM

As much as I love the SR-71 IRL, I don't really see it fitting in GTA.

I'd love to see this in the game, but it will never happen.

X-29A-FSW-Demonstrator.jpg

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:28 AM

As much as I love the SR-71 IRL, I don't really see it fitting in GTA.

I'd love to see this in the game, but it will never happen.

-snap-

PC ;)

Spoiler

Also, I believe the SR-71 would be kind of cool for a military role play in V for PC. Since we already have the heli passenger cams, it should be relatively easy to make an SR-71 mod with functional passenger cam.

• ten-a-penny likes this

ZeusMowat_278
  • ZeusMowat_278

Dick Francisco

• Members
  • South-Korea

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:58 AM

I'm no expert in modding but I'd imagine a mod of The Soviet Union where you role play as an SR71 pilot in the Cold War.

- Prepare your SR71, fire up engines for 5 minutes
- Take off from Fort Zancudo
- Meet the refuelling aircraft to refuel, a Boeing KC-10 Extender at Mach 0.90 & 17,000 feet
- Reach 85,000 feet, Mach 4
- Take photos/recon
- Return to the US

I imagine it would be really cool. I've seen LCPDFR videos on YouTube & it's really cool lol

lol232
  • lol232

Even though you're fed up, you gotta keep your head up'.

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 16 June 2014 - 02:00 PM

How about the Russian S400 Triumph?
-plane pic-
er Which is way ahead of the sh*tty F22.

Blasphemy! There's a reason Mobius 1 sticks with the Raptor. Not to mention the F/A-22 is 'Mericuh's next-gen uber-fighter: we all know that the Feds would waste billions more to create another uber-fighter if they could.

Face they facts: the F-22 is the PS4, the Eurofighter Typhoon is the XBone, and your Russian plane is... the WiiU ;)

Actually, T50 PAK FA is a 2014 High End PC, F-22 is a PS2 and Eurofighter is a PS1.
You face the facts already; the only competitor to T50 PAK FA is the F22 but just BARELY;
T50 PAK FA is better than your sh*tty F-22 because:
It's 30% more effective,
2 tons lighter,
50% Faster than F22,
Can fly 4300 km without refueling,
F22 flies 2500 km before refueling
It only needs 350 m to take off
F22 needs 915 m to take off

Sorry, but do some research before you start spilling stupid bullsh*t.

So... where does your research come from?

First of all, you have to keep in mind that the Pak FA is not even a production aircraft so far... Also, the F-22 has better stealth capabilities, just look at the engines of the T-50. 

30% more effective? effective in what way? elaborate please
2 tons lighter - well, you also have to compare the thrust/weight ratio. To bored to look it up right now, but simply stating it is 2 tons lighter doesn't mean sh*t
50% faster? wut? That means it could almost go 3700 km/h. Also, I do not believe there are ANY official specifications of the aircraft. The F-22... maybe. The Pak FA? Nope.
same goes for the rest... where did you get the facts from? did you get the original fact sheets from Lockheed Martin and Sukhoi? Fact is, nobody really knows the true abilities of these planes, but like jcph3 said... It doesn't come down to the fighter, but the whole organization... I believe the US is far more capable of obtaining air superiority with their AWACS and refueling aircraft.

Are you seriously not realising that I was trying to say that it's better to implement the PAK FA T50 in GTA V than F22, I wasn't talking about any f*cking organisations here.
Stealth? Yeah, sure. You're gonna need stealth in-game. NPC's can totally shoot you down.
If we're seriously gonna talk about actual power of organisations and such, Russia has S400 Triumph that detects "stealth aircraft".
And yes, sure, stealth aircraft surely is undetectable. Serbia shot F117A down with 50 year old soviet hardware. :lol:
Avion-F-117-1.jpg
Alright, I'll stop going off-topic.

I did some research, and I'm a plane enthusiast, I have over 40 plane models. I know a lot about the PAK FA T50 (unfortunately I can't find the model of it)

I know I can't get anyone agree with me here because the forum is full of die hard proud Americans and Pro-NATOists.

TheHammer
  • TheHammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 June 2014 - 02:05 PM Edited by jcph3, 16 June 2014 - 02:06 PM.

I did some research, and I'm a plane enthusiast, I have over 40 plane models. I know a lot about the PAK FA T50 (unfortunately I can't find the model of it)

I know I can't get anyone agree with me here because the forum is full of die hard proud Americans and Pro-NATOists.

Glad you have models, I've laid hands on a Kadena Habu as a USAF vet. 

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 16 June 2014 - 02:57 PM Edited by SkylineGTRFreak, 16 June 2014 - 02:58 PM.

Are you seriously not realising that I was trying to say that it's better to implement the PAK FA T50 in GTA V than F22, I wasn't talking about any f*cking organisations here.
Stealth? Yeah, sure. You're gonna need stealth in-game. NPC's can totally shoot you down.
If we're seriously gonna talk about actual power of organisations and such, Russia has S400 Triumph that detects "stealth aircraft".
And yes, sure, stealth aircraft surely is undetectable. Serbia shot F117A down with 50 year old soviet hardware. :lol:

-snap-

You didn't mention GTA V in your post ONCE. Haha, okay man, sorry for not realising that you posted facts pulled out of thin air to justify putting a plane in a game. My bad /sarcasm

You do realise what stealth is for, right? It doesn't make a plane undetectable for missiles, it's to prevent the plane from being spotted by early warning radars and then using the moment of surprise to attack the enemy, sweep in and out before the enemy can react with surface to air missiles. A stealth aircraft is by no means untrackable for a guided missile, espcially if it's heat tracking...

You did some research... Mate, that's cool and all, but where did you do your research? Wikipedia? The Aviationist? I've got plane models aswell, tons of them in all scales from a 1/200 F-14D to a 1/18 F-14B, it's all there, but that doesn't make me an aircraft know-it-all. I have been to NAS Oceana in Virginia a few times, but I still don't know jack sh*t about Hornets or something when you actually realise HOW MUCH there is to know about these things. 

Maybe you haven't noticed it, but I have never said the F-22 is better in all terms. I'm simply questioning your so-called "research". To me, it seems like you're as much of an ignorant russian aircraft fanboy as the NATO/US defenders you've mentioned.

/2 cents given

Wildfire_08
  • Wildfire_08

Who cares

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 June 2014 - 03:01 PM

No.

The only military sh*t that should be added is the Hunter & possibly an aircraft carrier, f*ck everything else, we have too much already & do not need tanks or Jets...

daboy042188
  • daboy042188

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 June 2014 - 03:42 PM Edited by daboy042188, 16 June 2014 - 03:43 PM.

you realize that an sr-71 can make it from new york to LA in like 3 hours right? it can make it from one end of LA to another in like 3 seconds.

what's gonna be your next brilliant GTA addition? a Saturn V rocket? I like those too but this ain't the game for it

lol232
  • lol232

Even though you're fed up, you gotta keep your head up'.

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 16 June 2014 - 07:53 PM Edited by lol232, 16 June 2014 - 07:55 PM.

-snap-

You didn't mention GTA V in your post ONCE. Haha, okay man, sorry for not realising that you posted facts pulled out of thin air to justify putting a plane in a game. My bad /sarcasm

You do realise what stealth is for, right? It doesn't make a plane undetectable for missiles, it's to prevent the plane from being spotted by early warning radars and then using the moment of surprise to attack the enemy, sweep in and out before the enemy can react with surface to air missiles. A stealth aircraft is by no means untrackable for a guided missile, espcially if it's heat tracking...

You did some research... Mate, that's cool and all, but where did you do your research? Wikipedia? The Aviationist? I've got plane models aswell, tons of them in all scales from a 1/200 F-14D to a 1/18 F-14B, it's all there, but that doesn't make me an aircraft know-it-all. I have been to NAS Oceana in Virginia a few times, but I still don't know jack sh*t about Hornets or something when you actually realise HOW MUCH there is to know about these things. 

Maybe you haven't noticed it, but I have never said the F-22 is better in all terms. I'm simply questioning your so-called "research". To me, it seems like you're as much of an ignorant russian aircraft fanboy as the NATO/US defenders you've mentioned.

/2 cents given

I didn't pull them out of thin air, I got it from one source and started looking for more, I never said F22 is horrible either (I said it's sh*t comparing to T50). Now I didn't mention GTA V in my post, because I was replying to someone who replied about my idea to implement something into GTA V, so it seemed a bit obvious I meant it's for the game for the most part.
I have from 1:440 scale to 1:10 (Fw 190) scale aircraft, and no, I didn't say I am an airfact know-it-all either, I just know a lot about certain aircraft, and, yes I do love Russian Aircraft.

Spoiler
  • LanaDelRey888 likes this

bronysplatter
  • bronysplatter

Homie

• Members

Posted 16 June 2014 - 07:54 PM

Why does everyone want these military based DLC's? We're paid thugs, not mercenaries.. 

the instant you kill people for money. you become a merc.

russler97
  • russler97

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:41 PM

I think they should add this.......................

Sky_Light12
  • Sky_Light12

insane troll / IGN hunter

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:57 PM

hhmm... i agrees for stealth aircraft and named '' Stealth '' ingame ( proably jobuilt stealth )

also i want : buckingham hunter & jobuilt hydra

Red Lynx 23
  • Red Lynx 23

Sawed off and psycho killing rampage

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:58 PM

It'd be next gen if it happens, but sure why not?

russler97
  • russler97

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:23 PM

I think it should  :lol:

Hotband
  • Hotband

Cheesehead

• Members
  • Iran

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:30 AM

The more the merrier.

LanaDelRey888
  • LanaDelRey888

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:51 AM

Remember, North Korean contact imported Superdollars in IV (although he was later killed)

With this sort of connection in LC, it might be interesting to see how their empire has developed into selling WMDs to the highest bidder in the next GTA.

Chinese Triads source and buy WMDs (proven by Trevor's contact to 'pay top dollar' for the stolen nukes). These events suggest they may gain more power and sell these hardware in the next generations.

So apart from the Hydra/Lazer that would probably still be available in the next generation,

I would love to see one 'red army' equivalent ie. good old Mig29~35, Su30~37 (35 is particularly beautiful imo), T50, or my favorite - the prototype Su47.

I'm not too interested in US made jets, as in my profession and I see these things on a regular basis.

I'm not even going to the classic argument of USA vs Russia, whether our jets are superior machines, equal, or not.

It's just out of personal interest that I feel the 'badassery' about these Russian/Soviet hardware.

• The Byzantine Empire likes this

The Byzantine Empire
  • The Byzantine Empire

Galan From Taa

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:03 AM Edited by Khan96, 24 July 2014 - 09:03 AM.

Remember, North Korean contact imported Superdollars in IV (although he was later killed)
With this sort of connection in LC, it might be interesting to see how their empire has developed into selling WMDs to the highest bidder in the next GTA.
Chinese Triads source and buy WMDs (proven by Trevor's contact to 'pay top dollar' for the stolen nukes). These events suggest they may gain more power and sell these hardware in the next generations.

So apart from the Hydra/Lazer that would probably still be available in the next generation,
I would love to see one 'red army' equivalent ie. good old Mig29~35, Su30~37 (35 is particularly beautiful imo), T50, or my favorite - the prototype Su47.

I'm not too interested in US made jets, as in my profession and I see these things on a regular basis.
I'm not even going to the classic argument of USA vs Russia, whether our jets are superior machines, equal, or not.
It's just out of personal interest that I feel the 'badassery' about these Russian/Soviet hardware.

Look at this beast. It is a Mig-31 you didn't mention.

http://hushkit.files...2/11/mig-31.jpg
  • ten-a-penny likes this

bensons
  • bensons

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:56 AM

yus plx

serpentoflight
  • serpentoflight

If I agreed with you we’d both be wrong.

• BUSTED!
  • Commonwealth

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:21 AM Edited by serpentoflight, 24 July 2014 - 11:25 AM.

as long as I can make it chrome with dollar rims then yeah

Chrome-Silver-Gold-Car-Color-Change-Viny

canthandlemyswag.gif

fdabk4.jpg

Tire_Rims-Spintek_Dollar_Enlarged.jpg

BigJoe_1
  • BigJoe_1

You Bumder

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:13 PM Edited by BigJoe_1, 24 July 2014 - 03:14 PM.

Hell yeah that and the Hydra along with the Hunter and Skimmer. We need more fun aircraft, I wish R* would realise this and not give us crappy planes like the Vestra. Who even uses it the Luxor is still the fastest one :panic:.

LanaDelRey888
  • LanaDelRey888

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:36 PM

When I said 29~35, that meant 29 'to' 35 therefore includes the 31. I just didn't mention it specifically.

But yes, I do agree with you she looks fantastic. Probably the best looking Mig!

Su47 prototype - the design may not be of everyones taste but to me it's the most beautiful, with Su35 a close second. Come to think of it, the Lazer does look a bit like the Su35. Or a F16 with two vertical wings.
  • The Byzantine Empire likes this

Woman
  • Woman

Woman

• Members
  • Iran

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:38 PM

KO (punches) - Loss

KO (head kick and punches) - Loss

KO (punch) - Loss

Submission (cockbar) - Win

TKO (punches) - Win

KO (punches) - Loss

• LanaDelRey888 likes this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

#DoomFan4EverAfter

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:51 PM

Hell yeah that and the Hydra along with the Hunter and Skimmer. We need more fun aircraft, I wish R* would realise this and not give us crappy planes like the Vestra. Who even uses it the Luxor is still the fastest one :panic:.

I do.

KO (punches) - Loss

KO (punch) - Loss

TKO (punches) - Win

KO (punches) - Loss

WAT

LanaDelRey888
  • LanaDelRey888

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:58 PM

KO (punches) - Loss
KO (punch) - Loss
TKO (punches) - Win
KO (punches) - Loss

I know it's you, you stinking perro!

itrpatrick
  • itrpatrick

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:03 PM Edited by itrpatrick, 24 July 2014 - 04:16 PM.

Do you even know what the SR-71 is used for!?

It's for long-range recon. Cool plane, but not in GTA.

EDIT: I could see R* making a version of the Lockheed 'Skunk Works' organization - maybe calling it 'Owl Works' or something - they could put a little emblem on the new aircraft coming out.

Lockheed Skunk Works is the company that designs the SR-71 Blackbird, F-22 Raptor, F-35 Lightning, and the U-2, and the F-117 (stealth bomber).

Sparky McWonderpants
  • Sparky McWonderpants

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Gibraltar

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:00 PM

No.  Historical plane, but theres no point...nothing to recon and it would be across the map in seconds.

BigJoe_1
  • BigJoe_1

You Bumder

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:20 PM

I do.

I didn't mean to sound like a dick but I was only exagerrating because it's the one DLC plane we've got so far and it's a Jet that seats 2-4, I don't know how much exactly.

The Byzantine Empire
  • The Byzantine Empire

Galan From Taa

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:04 PM

When I said 29~35, that meant 29 'to' 35 therefore includes the 31. I just didn't mention it specifically.

But yes, I do agree with you she looks fantastic. Probably the best looking Mig!

Su47 prototype - the design may not be of everyones taste but to me it's the most beautiful, with Su35 a close second. Come to think of it, the Lazer does look a bit like the Su35. Or a F16 with two vertical wings.

Same here, dude but I didn't look carefully so you mentioned all series.

I like Mig series a bit more than Su series but Su series are better planes, because they are the elite fighters of the Soviet Union//Russia, they are expensive and complicated. And because of this they are less produced and rare. I don't like Su-47 because it is an extreme design, looks like spacecraft or boomerang, Russian's another crazy idea.

8up local
  • 8up local

sharp as a marble

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:16 PM

funny how people say they don't want to turn GTA into a military game, but yet i've seen a lot of threads since i joined wanting just that.

why would you even need something like this. if it was even close to the real thing you'd be across the map before you could probibly turn around. it wouldn't go any higher than what is possible now and it sure as hell wouldn't be stealthy, i don't see how much more stealth would it have compared to a Lazer when off radar and don't forget the SR71 does not carry weapons. it's only defense is speed.

no we do not need this, you only want it OP. so it's a wishlist subject if anything.

• Static likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users