Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you think that the SR-71 should be added to GTA online?

178 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you think that the SR-71 should be added to GTA online? (230 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think that the SR-71 should be added to GTA online?

1. HELL YEAH!! (101 votes [42.98%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.98%

2. no, just NO -_- (134 votes [57.02%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 57.02%

Vote Guests cannot vote
tronheisenberg
  • tronheisenberg

The Danger

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:55 PM

Planes serve no purpose in GTA Online other than to help you evade bounty hunters so no, we don't need the Blacbird.

You obviously do not parachute, race planes, blow up tanks, visit blaine county, fly under bridges, smoke and play at the same time, kamikaze people w/ bounties.... should I go on?

• Xx-ADITYA-xX, ten-a-penny and Thespaz9 like this

AlienOne
  • AlienOne

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:58 PM

Who are you going to spy on and why?. Do you even know what that plane is op?.

I'm going to use it to spy on the NSA
  • Thespaz9 likes this

Twin Turbo
  • Twin Turbo

Gallo 12 or Gallo 24?

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:01 PM

I don't see the need for a recon plane in GTA. I'd love to see an attacker aircraft and an air superiority fighter. Perhaps an A-10 that can lock on to Rhinos and an Su-35S to combat the Lazer. But we really need the AV-8B from San Andreas back, or the more modern VTOL F-35.

• Xx-ADITYA-xX and Thespaz9 like this

xskinzcity
  • xskinzcity

Lord of War

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:10 PM

another thread about making this game COD. jesuz f*cking christ

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

#DoomFan4EverAfter

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:13 PM

If you don't want a CoD-like GTA then lets ban the Buzzard, Tank, All weapons expect the SNS Pistol and Micro SMG because that's what GTA is.

lol

• Xx-ADITYA-xX, ZeusMowat_278, Thespaz9 and 1 other like this

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:24 PM Edited by SkylineGTRFreak, 12 June 2014 - 08:26 PM.

No. Why would we need a reconnaissance plane in a game where everyone is shown on the map?

We have enough jets.

Also, this my 1000th post! Yaaaay

We can never have enough jets.

Period.

I don't see the need for a recon plane in GTA. I'd love to see an attacker aircraft and an air superiority fighter. Perhaps an A-10 that can lock on to Rhinos and an Su-35S to combat the Lazer. But we really need the AV-8B from San Andreas back, or the more modern VTOL F-35.

Well, R* have already combined AV-8B and F-35A... Then they cut it for unknown reasons.

hyrazer.jpg

tronheisenberg
  • tronheisenberg

The Danger

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:24 PM

Another COD troll complaining about COD similarities, when implementing the SR-71 HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH COD!!!!!! Show me what COD has high altitude planes you can fly. Go ahead I'll wait... the effing mini-map has more similarities to COD than this plane. When free-roam is taken away, you can only play deathmatches, and everything is in First Person view then you can say it's similiar. Jesus effing Christ it's not even the same style of game. Go sit on a hot fire poker. 

• Thespaz9 likes this

TheHammer
  • TheHammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:33 PM Edited by jcph3, 12 June 2014 - 08:34 PM.

You can have a Blackbird but you will also need;

a tanker to refuel 10 mins after take-off because it guzzles fuel at low altitudes

4 state of the art graphics cards and a block of ice, if the console can't render an Adder at 200 mph how will it handle a Habu doing Mach 3?

A much longer runway than anything on the map now, the Titan uses 2/3's of the Zancudo runway

and entire maintenance squad per bird, and even then it will be down about 100 hours for every one it flies.

but I'm sure R* will only have one guy with an SMG guarding it so you can jump the fence and steal one whenever you want  :rol:

The Byzantine Empire
  • The Byzantine Empire

Galan From Taa

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:35 PM

Maybe SR-71 is too big for GTAO but there are smaller planes which has the same style. For example Mig-31.

Mig-31 is a large fighter/interceptor which has extreme speed and altitude. Also Mig-31 looks cool. A little version of a SR-71 with same abilities, it can be modeled nearly same as the real one and respray it with NATO-US Army type colors then add it in GTAO with a GTA style specific name.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:36 PM

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

#DoomFan4EverAfter

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:43 PM Edited by ten-a-penny, 12 June 2014 - 08:54 PM.

Maybe SR-71 is too big for GTAO but there are smaller planes which has the same style. For example Mig-31.

Mig-31 is a large fighter/interceptor which has extreme speed and altitude. Also Mig-31 looks cool. A little version of a SR-71 with same abilities, it can be modeled nearly same as the real one and respray it with NATO-US Army type colors then add it in GTAO with a GTA style specific name.

MIG-31 by its almighty-ness?

Spoiler

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY ROCKSTAR!!!

• ZeusMowat_278, The Byzantine Empire and Thespaz9 like this

tronheisenberg
  • tronheisenberg

The Danger

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:47 PM

You can have a Blackbird but you will also need;

a tanker to refuel 10 mins after take-off because it guzzles fuel at low altitudes

4 state of the art graphics cards and a block of ice, if the console can't render an Adder at 200 mph how will it handle a Habu doing Mach 3?

A much longer runway than anything on the map now, the Titan uses 2/3's of the Zancudo runway

and entire maintenance squad per bird, and even then it will be down about 100 hours for every one it flies.

but I'm sure R* will only have one guy with an SMG guarding it so you can jump the fence and steal one whenever you want  :rol:

Because everything in this game is realistic to the T? Oh that's right just last night I called up my local car service and had them deliver a tank to me. Then I went and killed 600 cops until they blew up my tank then I just re-spawned outside my house like nothing ever happened....

• ten-a-penny and Thespaz9 like this

Choppers
  • Choppers

Nani sore!?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:50 PM

No. Why would we need a reconnaissance plane in a game where everyone is shown on the map?

We have enough jets.

Period.

We can, actually. 

Considering Rockstar will only put one special vehicle in at a time(Like the Vestra or Speeder), I'd rather have something more useful.

We already have 4, and the Lazer in definitely enough for the fighter jet category. I want the Hydra as much as the next guy, but I'd take a Skimmer over it any day.

cloudfuel
  • cloudfuel

Clean Racer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:03 PM

Why not? They had one hit (IIRC) - "Right Now." LOL.

theshadowfax
  • theshadowfax

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:06 PM Edited by theshadowfax, 12 June 2014 - 09:07 PM.

I voted hell yeah just out of love for the Blackbird but realistically the airspace is way too small for it to be practical lol. They already slowed the jets down and even then the SR-71 would probably clear the map in seconds if it was realistically slowed to comparative speeds.

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:06 PM

We have enough jets.

Period.

We can, actually. 

Considering Rockstar will only put one special vehicle in at a time(Like the Vestra or Speeder), I'd rather have something more useful.

We already have 4, and the Lazer in definitely enough for the fighter jet category. I want the Hydra as much as the next guy, but I'd take a Skimmer over it any day.

hm okay, just thought you were another of those guys who don't want any more planes in general. Skimmer is the same deal as the Hydra though. Seen in Trailer #1 and then it disappeared without a trace. One can still hope. Also, while it wouldn't be something new, I still wish R* would make the twin-engined airliner flyable.

In regards to the SR-71.... While it is a damn nice plane, I have to agree it wouldn't really fit in GTA. I mean yea, it could be a fast jet, but without anything useful (let's be honest, how often do you use the passenger cam in a heli?)

I would gladly mod it into the PC version though. Hehe...

• ten-a-penny and Choppers like this

V HoneyBadger V
  • V HoneyBadger V

Ratel

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:09 PM Edited by V HoneyBadger V, 12 June 2014 - 09:17 PM.

This plane makes me wet.

But kids will fly around thinking they are the sh*t, calling it a stealth bomber.
Stupid Call of Duty assholes.

Wouldn't mind an SU-47 Berkut though.
  • ten-a-penny and Thespaz9 like this

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

It's been a ride

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:17 PM

Given that GTA0 is nothing but a PvP twitch shooter, yes, I think the entire content of Jane's Defence catalogs should be imported as DLC for the huge, hard-charging natural born killer population in GTA0.   :^:

I wonder what a battleship will cost?  

• ten-a-penny likes this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

#DoomFan4EverAfter

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:17 PM

But kids will fly around thinking they are the sh*t, calling it a stealth bomber.

For real!? :lol:

We all know that bombers are big as f*ck and hardly ever look close to any fighter/etc (expect for the F-117 and B-2, both use the same body style).

V HoneyBadger V
  • V HoneyBadger V

Ratel

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:23 PM Edited by V HoneyBadger V, 12 June 2014 - 09:25 PM.

For real!? :lol:
We all know that bombers are big as f*ck and hardly ever look close to any fighter/etc (expect for the F-117 and B-2, both use the same body style).
But 11 year old quickscopers don't know that.
I'd say that the Cargo Plane is similar in size to a B-52, not sure though.
Who knows. If we get Area 69 in Next Gen, maybe, just maybe, we will see some truly sexy aircraft.
I want a F35 as our VTOL, but we can't have everything.
And having an A10 in this game would be awesome. Something to deal with tanks, 30mm of American goodness

enormous
  • enormous

not actually enormous

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:22 PM Edited by enormous, 12 June 2014 - 10:23 PM.

How about a TR-3B:

15q81fp.jpg

giraffeboy
  • giraffeboy

Hustler

• Members

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:58 PM

Grunching, so probably been said but:

Mach 3 + 60k ft operating altitude + no weapons = no thanks. Beautiful plane, one of my favourites, but what are you gonna do, fly around and take pictures all day? Put a Warthog in first imo

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:01 AM Edited by RoyalRedXIII, 13 June 2014 - 12:35 AM.

New music would definitely spice things up...

Spoiler

SO I WASNT THE ONLY ONE WHO THOUGHT THAT WHEN I SAW THE TOPIC .___.

magicalgin
  • magicalgin

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:04 AM

No... It's a great plane yeah, but it would be out of place in GTA. Besides, the only squadrons based in California are F-15, U-2, RQ-4 and F-35 squadrons.

Choppers
  • Choppers

Nani sore!?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:13 AM

I demand we get a Super Guppy.

IMG_4352_1a_NASA-Super-Guppy-at-KSC_Ken-

• GeneralClay and Thespaz9 like this

cuti8tushu
  • cuti8tushu

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:16 AM

Sure why not

lol same attitude

Nomad0202
  • Nomad0202

Astronaut

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:31 AM

Yes, we should have all the fastest modes of transport. I would like one of those high speed bullet trains added. It could wizz around the top loop of the map making us all feel a bit dizzy.

ZeusMowat_278
  • ZeusMowat_278

It's my brains against your von Braun.

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:01 AM

Reconnaissance plane in GTA, what are you gonna do with a Cold War era plane that goes Mach 4 & only has cameras lol. This will only work if the map was 80x bigger lol.

Anyway, if Rockstar adds planes but not the Hydra.. This plane then. MiG 29 or GTFO.

mig-29a_10.jpg
  • The Byzantine Empire likes this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

#DoomFan4EverAfter

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:21 AM

Reconnaissance plane in GTA, what are you gonna do with a Cold War era plane that goes Mach 4 & only has cameras lol. This will only work if the map was 80x bigger lol.

Anyway, if Rockstar adds planes but not the Hydra.. This plane then. MiG 29 or GTFO.

<MiG 29 pic>

MiG 31 or GTFO.

;)

-Red_October-
  • -Red_October-

Bi-Political

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:26 AM Edited by -Red_October-, 14 June 2014 - 05:31 AM.

The SR-71 was designed as an intelligence gathering aircraft for the CIA during the cold war, not as a fighter or a bomber, therefore it would have as little use as any of the already available non-combat aircraft. The speed of the real life SR-71 would be pointless on a map of this size, that's ignoring the fact that the game already limits the top speed of vehicles to allow the map to draw in. The plane was not designed to be stealth, it was designed to be fast enough to outrun incoming missiles one it had been detected, so any hope of being invisible on radar is done for.

As much as I love the SR-71's lines, it has no place in the GTA universe.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users