In my opinion there should be more insects in the game. Since R* adds animals to next gen versions I think some insects would be cool for the game.
So here my suggestions.
- We already have flies and butterflies.
- Grasshoppers would be cool.
- Ants and anthills. They should cause damage to your protag if you step into an anthill.
- Fireflies at night would look awesome.
- Mosquitos that stick your protag. It shouldn't affect his health, he should just hit the mosquito dead with a quick animation while you play. Just for some realism or so.
- Bees and beehives. They should hunt and injure you if you destroy their beehive. They'll leave you alone if you jump into the water and dive our you throw molotov cocktails at them.
- Ticks. I think - since R* added grass to the countryside - there should be ticks in the game that bite you. It should affect your health and your protagonist should sometimes get borreliosis which causes you to go to the hospital. Borreliosis should cause pain to the character, therefore he shouldn't be able to walk that fast and he should be exhausted quickly. It should be very rare, of course and not during missions because that would be annoying.
- to be continued, but I would be happy with these.