Quantcast

» «
Photo

Wildlife DLC for Current Gen (PS3/360)

77 replies to this topic

Poll: Wildlife DLC for Current Gen (PS3/360) (116 member(s) have cast votes)

For those who don't have a PS4, XB1, or PC. Would you like to see the new Wildlife come to PS3/360?

1. Yes, that would be great! (78 votes [66.10%])

Percentage of vote: 66.10%

2. No. That would be boring! (40 votes [33.90%])

Percentage of vote: 33.90%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Ninja_Turtle
  • Ninja_Turtle

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:09 PM

In my opinion there should be more insects in the game. Since R* adds animals to next gen versions I think some insects would be cool for the game.

So here my suggestions.

- We already have flies and butterflies.

- Grasshoppers would be cool.

- Ladybugs.

- Ants and anthills. They should cause damage to your protag if you step into an anthill.

- Fireflies at night would look awesome.

- Mosquitos that stick your protag. It shouldn't affect his health, he should just hit the mosquito dead with a quick animation while you play. Just for some realism or so.

- Bees and beehives. They should hunt and injure you if you destroy their beehive. They'll leave you alone if you jump into the water and dive our you throw molotov cocktails at them.

- Ticks. I think - since R* added grass to the countryside - there should be ticks in the game that bite you. It should affect your health and your protagonist should sometimes get borreliosis which causes you to go to the hospital. Borreliosis should cause pain to the character, therefore he shouldn't be able to walk that fast and he should be exhausted quickly. It should be very rare, of course and not during missions because that would be annoying.

- to be continued, but I would be happy with these.

TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

Dark Esper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:45 PM

They were shown in the trailer as if to say "hey this is what we were able to to add with the new hardware"

I can't take you serious by ^

R* will show us more because I'm confident that there's more to the next version of GTAV than the new wildlife added and grass and all the graphical as well as technical improvements. Also I think it's possible that the story mode DLC will be exclusive to PS4, XBO and PC to convince all PS3, 360 players to finally jump on the next-gen train.

If they make the story mode DLC exclusive to Next-Gen, they are going to lose a lot of customers.

streetx1xracer
  • streetx1xracer

F*kn magnets, how do they work?

• Members

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:59 PM Edited by streetx1xracer, 14 June 2014 - 09:00 PM.

If they wanted to add the wildlife in the original version they would've put it in. How do you know that the current amount of ai is the absolute limit your hardware can handle before it starts lagging? Because imo , id rather have a smooth running game with lower texture and less ai instead of having a lagging piece of sh*t with too much content for the system to handle.

And pc players will do that too with their pc's. Not all pc gamers have a gaming rig. So the ones that don't will obviously lower their ai, draw distance and texture resolution just so they can have a smoother experience. I doubt anyone likes a laggy experience.

TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

Dark Esper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:26 PM Edited by TensaZangetsu, 14 June 2014 - 09:27 PM.

If they wanted to add the wildlife in the original version they would've put it in. How do you know that the current amount of ai is the absolute limit your hardware can handle before it starts lagging? Because imo , id rather have a smooth running game with lower texture and less ai instead of having a lagging piece of sh*t with too much content for the system to handle.

And pc players will do that too with their pc's. Not all pc gamers have a gaming rig. So the ones that don't will obviously lower their ai, draw distance and texture resolution just so they can have a smoother experience. I doubt anyone likes a laggy experience.

If that's the case, then how the hell is the game going to be able to handle the new features in the Story DLC? Seriously, if it can't handle a few animals, then I don't know how it could even handle that.

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:30 PM Edited by BlackNoise, 14 June 2014 - 09:41 PM.

@TensaZangetsu

That's something very different and somebody more technical than me could explain it better, but it's like saying RDR had to handle UN. That's not how it works. Adding animals to GTA V would just be adding more stuff on top of a game that has already been optimized as much as possible to do what it currently does. There will be some give and take with certain aspects of the game when it comes to story DLC. EFLC wasn't one game with tBoGT + tLaD + IV. They were all separate games with some shared assets. 

It sucks for the people who can't afford a new console or PC, but I just don't think it would work if R* wanted it to. Every time I look at the wilderness and the different animals, it's clear R* was already struggling. 

cougarwide.jpg

hunting-6.jpg

• AlasClarin likes this

streetx1xracer
  • streetx1xracer

• Members

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:35 PM Edited by streetx1xracer, 14 June 2014 - 09:37 PM.

If that's the case, then how the hell is the game going to be able to handle the new features in the Story DLC? Seriously, if it can't handle a few animals, then I don't know how it could even handle that.
Theres a difference between rendering ai and loading up a mission. Because ai require RAM and there was barely any on last generation consoles. ~256mb to be exact. On current gen there's 8gb of RAM, that's an immense improvement hence why they are able to pull off what they're pulling off.

TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

Dark Esper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:37 PM Edited by Barefoot Tiger, 14 June 2014 - 09:52 PM. reduced quote

Theres a difference between rendering ai and loading up a mission. Because ai require RAM abd there was barely any on last generation consoles.

I'm talking about features, not missions. I'm pretty positive the SP DLC will have new features, and if it can't even handle a little AI, then Last-Gen owners are f*cked.

streetx1xracer
  • streetx1xracer

• Members

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:47 PM Edited by Barefoot Tiger, 14 June 2014 - 09:53 PM. reduced quote

I'm talking about features, not missions. I'm pretty positive the SP DLC will have new features, and if it can't even handle a little AI, then Last-Gen owners are f*cked.

You're missing the point, I was talking about wildlife rendering not sp dlc abd how that will be incorporated.

TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

Dark Esper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:50 PM Edited by Barefoot Tiger, 14 June 2014 - 09:56 PM.

And you are missing the point, I was talking about the wildlife DLC being in the SP DLC, and if it can't even handle that, then I don't know.

Please stop quoting the entire conversation.

~Tiger~

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:07 AM Edited by SimsDaniel916, 15 June 2014 - 02:07 AM.

Edit: Nevermind.

HoleInTheSky
  • HoleInTheSky

random f*ck

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:12 AM Edited by HoleInTheSky, 15 June 2014 - 02:13 AM.

People have to accept with new tech opportunities comes new rewards. Just like when PS2 and PS3 or Xbox and Xbox 360 games were made in tandem before the older consoles died out, the superior hardware got the better deal.

oCrapaCreeper
  • oCrapaCreeper

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:15 AM Edited by oCrapaCreeper, 15 June 2014 - 02:21 AM.

And you are missing the point, I was talking about the wildlife DLC being in the SP DLC, and if it can't even handle that, then I don't know.

~Tiger~

You also missed his point again. Scripted and pre loaded events such as missions from DLC are a lot easier to pull off than a a bulk of randomly generated AI. The game already struggles with it as is, that's why cars constantly repeat themselves in traffic because the game doesn't have enough memory to work with in order to spawn multiple types at once. It does this same thing with animals, and even peds sometimes.

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:21 AM

Are you aware that you just answered your own question. 

If no, the answer is that it's because of hardware limits.

TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

Dark Esper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:21 AM

~Tiger~

You also missed his point again. Scripted and pre loaded events such as missions from DLC are a lot easier to pull off than a a bulk of randomly generated AI. The game already struggles with it as is, that's why cars constantly repeat themselves in traffic because the game doesn't have enough memory to work with.

Look, I don't wanna argue. All arguing will do is get my topic locked.

streetx1xracer
  • streetx1xracer

• Members

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:36 AM

Are you aware that you just answered your own question. 

If no, the answer is that it's because of hardware limits.

How did I answer my own question?

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:51 AM

• Smaher. likes this

streetx1xracer
  • streetx1xracer

• Members

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:11 AM

I was asking that guy that question, also I was stating my opinion on how I like my games to run

FromBrnoCity
  • FromBrnoCity

Don't call me guy, I have no peenus.I have nice new tits btw

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 15 June 2014 - 11:42 AM

I'm going to buy a PS4 just to enjoy GTAV in better suit.

Enough of playing it on PS3 when I know it's going to be on next-gen.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users