Quantcast

» «
Photo

Wildlife DLC for Current Gen (PS3/360)

77 replies to this topic

Poll: Wildlife DLC for Current Gen (PS3/360) (116 member(s) have cast votes)

For those who don't have a PS4, XB1, or PC. Would you like to see the new Wildlife come to PS3/360?

1. Yes, that would be great! (78 votes [66.10%])

Percentage of vote: 66.10%

2. No. That would be boring! (40 votes [33.90%])

Percentage of vote: 33.90%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:23 AM

Okay, we all know there will be Next-Gen and PC version of GTA V. But we also know Next gen and PC will have more wildlife and updated graphics. So for those of us who can't afford to buy a PS4, would you be up for a wildlife DLC with all the new animals for 360/PS3? We saw Hammerhead Sharks, a Cat, and a Pug in the trailer. If there are more wildlife (which I'm sure there will be) which types of animals would you like to see?

no_snacks
  • no_snacks

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Australia
  • Contribution Award [Mapping Los Santos]

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:29 AM

Voted yes, but I would rather they included some new features or the ability to buy more safehouses & car insurance rather than a few new animals.

Still, it would be pretty cool to let Chop go after that cat.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:29 AM

I'm pretty sure the new animals will be part of the story dlc, whenever the hell that gets released.

• Lelouch vi Britannia, G.S.T, theGTAking101 and 1 other like this

.JokeR
  • .JokeR

Madness is the emergency exit.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:47 AM

I only saw the Hammerhead, where's the cat in the trailer?

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:56 AM Edited by jamieleng, 12 June 2014 - 01:57 AM.

0:45 on the wall to the left of the tree. It stretches & jumps down.

7PGwhsQ.jpg

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:58 AM

Maybe they can't add all of them to old gen, but hell If they can then I'm happy with everybody having it.

• adictoGTA likes this

Johan
  • Johan

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:58 AM

Franklin washing his car, to his right on the brick wall

.JokeR
  • .JokeR

Madness is the emergency exit.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:37 AM

Wow nice find. Curse me for not viewing in full screen!

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:00 AM

You do know this would require having to code new behaviours for animals, modeling different sets (eyes and body are separate, almost every single dog in the files are separate folders) and texuring them? I'd rather have them add more meaningful things such as interiors or bringing back new weapons. 

AlmightySo
  • AlmightySo

Professional Hustler

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:15 AM

Well...I have an XB1 and PS4 but yea it would be nice but theirs a reason it CAN'T happen, maybe it could, but my thought is because of the 360/ps3 hardware it cant handle whats coming for next-gen, maybe more wildlife but not as much as next-gen, by the way could someone link me what all is going to be added/redone in next gen versions?

DonMichaelCorleone
  • DonMichaelCorleone

GTA SA>GTA 4>GTA V End of discussion.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:32 AM

They should not make dlc for  ps3 and xbox 360 versions.they should only make dlc for next gen versions.

R* E
  • R* E

Emanuel Berger

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:33 AM

I voted yes because it would be great but it won't happen nonetheless because it's some sort of extra coming with the new GTAV. I myself own the game for PS3 already but without grass and proper trees hunting isn't that exciting in the current version anyways, will buy it for PS4 again and then the real fun starts - no suffering from bad fps anymore, lots of density, lots of wildlife, great graphics, great weather, great physics and more. I definitely can't wait!

Yofriends
  • Yofriends

Square Civilian

• Members
  • France

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:03 AM

If technically the current gen consoles can handle it, yes why not!

Remains whether all of this new wildlife is reserved for the next gen consoles/PC only, or if the current consoles will also have it in future DLCs.

Startug
  • Startug

No Custom Title Here...

• Members

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:10 AM

You do know this would require having to code new behaviours for animals, modeling different sets (eyes and body are separate, almost every single dog in the files are separate folders) and texuring them? I'd rather have them add more meaningful things such as interiors or bringing back new weapons. 

No it wouldn't, they would just have to transfer the code they made on the newer editions.

fullmetalrabbit
  • fullmetalrabbit

The Killer Rabbit

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:13 AM

Yes. More content for the game is a must, regardless of the type of content it is. Animals, clowns, zombies, aliens, weapons, vehicles, clothes, heists, etc. It's all a plus.

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:54 PM

Hardware can't handle it.

OP needs moar pennies.

HudS
  • HudS

Thug

• Members

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:06 PM

Nope, peasants like you should enjoy the 30 fps experience with limited draw distance and sh*tty textures.

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:12 PM

Nope, peasants like you should enjoy the 30 fps experience with limited draw distance and sh*tty textures.

The f*ck is your problem?

• Biggie Kaniff and Kampret like this

WalterS_LV
  • WalterS_LV

One ticket to LS please

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:32 PM

Well I do currently use a 360 version of the game and as soon as PC will launch will switch to that and probably never come back to the 360 version, but I still voted yes, because I`ll probably play it when my PC dies, or I`ll go somewhere where I can`t take my PC with me. Always nice to have a good backup plan :D

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:38 PM

The f*ck is your problem?
Ever since the announcement of the PC version, a lot of previously inactive PC gamers are active again. ;)

The title should be changed to "wildlife DLC for last gen", as the PS4 and Xbone are the current gen consoles.
  • BLOOD-MOND likes this

VIPΣR
  • VIPΣR

Doesn't give up the fight

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:38 PM

I think the reasons for them to add more new animals is because the old gen couldn't and can't handle it. They also added new vegetation and NPCS to the Next version. The Ancient PS360 can't handle it. 

• M0B5TA likes this

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:48 PM

Can't handle what? A few NPC animal models? Are you kidding me? It's just a few models of some animals, I don't see the problem here. Have you ever thought that those animals seen in the new trailer could very well be DLC bundled up with PS4 version already on the disc? We are just waiting for it to be DLC for PS3/360. I imagine it will come out with, or maybe right before the story DLC. A few NPC animals shouldn't mess the game up. After all, it's just a few Cats, Pugs, and Hammerhead Sharks. No Idea if they plan on adding more than that, but I'm sure they could put in most of it as DLC. Also, Undead Nightmare did the same thing with new animals, it brought new stuff like the Chupacabra among a few other animals. So this shouldn't be a problem at all, especially if the Wildlife comes bundled with the Story DLC.

• D3ADSH0T and PerfectBlade like this

VIPΣR
  • VIPΣR

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:11 PM

Can't handle what? A few NPC animal models? Are you kidding me? It's just a few models of some animals, I don't see the problem here. Have you ever thought that those animals seen in the new trailer could very well be DLC bundled up with PS4 version already on the disc? We are just waiting for it to be DLC for PS3/360. I imagine it will come out with, or maybe right before the story DLC. A few NPC animals shouldn't mess the game up. After all, it's just a few Cats, Pugs, and Hammerhead Sharks. No Idea if they plan on adding more than that, but I'm sure they could put in most of it as DLC. Also, Undead Nightmare did the same thing with new animals, it brought new stuff like the Chupacabra among a few other animals. So this shouldn't be a problem at all, especially if the Wildlife comes bundled with the Story DLC.

Those new models are Next Gen exclusive. Look it up on R* Newswire. So if the last gen could/can handle more models and AI why didn't they implemented it from the very beginning? Just to sell as a DLC later? Come on. Some animals from RDR weren't in Undead Nightmare such as snakes, armadillos, skuns, birds, deers.  The new animals that were UN you're talking about replaced other animals that were removed, RDR: UN had less animals than the Vanilla RDR. The reason why they're releasing these Next Gen versions is because those will fullfill Rockstar's vision, which wasn't possible on PS360.

• G.S.T likes this

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:14 PM

If that's the case, R* just lost a customer. I ain't buying no more of their sh*t if they don't put it in the SP DLC. That's bullsh*t.

VIPΣR
  • VIPΣR

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:17 PM

If that's the case, R* just lost a customer. I ain't buying no more of their sh*t if they don't put it in the SP DLC. That's bullsh*t.

But hey I could be wrong afteralll  :lol:

PerfectBlade
  • PerfectBlade

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:17 PM Edited by Perfect Blade xD, 12 June 2014 - 03:19 PM.

No, old gen console can handle a little more..R* wanta us to upgrade to ps4/xbox one..and pc. Thats why there is no heist..imo...probably next gen, pc exclusive.

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:22 PM

It's not that easy, you don't know the intricacies which can be at a game as big as GTA V for a hardware as weak as the present on last gen consoles. For your information, having X amount of the same models vs having the same X amount of DIFFERENT models, the last one is always more hardware expensive. That's why you use to see in weak hardware the same cars, animals, etc.

• VIPΣR likes this

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:22 PM Edited by TensaZangetsu, 12 June 2014 - 03:29 PM.

No, old gen console can handle a little more..R* wanta us to upgrade to ps4/xbox one..and pc.

I believe they are doing this just to make money. Also, the reason why I believe they will bring the wildlife as DLC to PS3/360 is because I have faith in R*. They listen to their customers, and they put most of what we want in the game in some form or another (such as DLC). What's R* gonna do when Next Gen version releases, Let GTA V die on it? I can see it now (I don't play GTA Online but this is just a guess) the server will be filled with hackers in a few years when they drop support for the old systems, it'll be horrible. But I have faith that they won't do that. I'm sure they'll support the game for a long time and put out a few DLCs here and there for those who can't upgrade.

It's not that easy, you don't know the intricacies which can be at a game as big as GTA V for a hardware as weak as the present on last gen consoles. For your information, having X amount of the same models vs having the same X amount of DIFFERENT models, the last one is always more hardware expensive. That's why you use to see in weak hardware the same cars, animals, etc.

I don't know. I really don't know. We'll just have to wait and see.

EDIT: Well, damn. The poll seems like a lot of people don't want it. A lot of people do want it too but , sh*t. What do you want then? A boring inferior game? You people are never happy with ANYTHING. I swear!

walkingsickness
  • walkingsickness

Mr. "Blow Your Head Off"

• Members

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:30 PM

I honestly think that now with the announcement for current gen coming out this fall, having any minor 

DLC like the OP is suggestion isn't that logical. To bring more in depth wildlife to old gen consoles
just is not a major concern. I think if anything we will see a story based DLC for PS3/360 but I even

how doubts of that happening. 

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:33 PM

I honestly think that now with the announcement for current gen coming out this fall, having any minor 

DLC like the OP is suggestion isn't that logical. To bring more in depth wildlife to old gen consoles
just is not a major concern. I think if anything we will see a story based DLC for PS3/360 but I even

how doubts of that happening. 

If we don't get a story DLC for PS3/360, I'm selling this game, it's not worth my time if they can't update it with more content. As I've said before, I have faith they'll release this in a Story DLC, if they can't even release a Story DLC, then I don't even know why I bought the game in the first place.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users