IV versus PS4 V

38 replies to this topic
RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:36 AM

That would be last thing that IV needs, to be destroy by changing it to today's standards. I would prefer it to stay as not popular gem than as well know pop pulp.

Lol are you a hipster sir?
If preferring original version over some unnecessary charmless remake is considered being a hipster, than I guess I am. 

Just tell me, what would be the point of such thing? To give the game better graphics? GTA IV on PC with help of some mods (like ENB) looks photo realistic. To make map bigger? Bigger doesn't mean better. What exactly was wrong with IV that it would need a remake to today's standards with dumbed down gameplay. If you don't like it, don't play it. Leave the game to the people who can appreciate it and who will stay with it to the end. We don't really need the new wave of moaners, who will be crying that the game sucks, because they can't have jetpack, pink dildo and green mohawk. 

What shows you that something needs remake? Bad graphics, date of premiere of something different maybe? Does that mean they should also remade III, VC and SA, because they're old, ugly and cranky. They kind of did remade those on iOS, but were they better games than in day of the premiere? Definitely not. 

GTA IV is fantastic game, crafted with a lot of love and still full of charm. Filled to the brim with the smallest details and being somewhere in panteon of OWG stars. It's hard to say if it can be considered as classic, but maybe one day. And there is something to be said about the classics...

Well from this statement: "I would prefer it to stay as not popular gem than as well know pop pulp."

It gave the impression that you only wanted IV to stay the way it is just to like "something else that no one else likes" and "to be different". Similar to how in GTAO there were certain cars that were "rare finds" that R* made available for purchase in recent update 1.14. All of those that were car hunting sold those "rare cars" cause they weren't hard to get anymore. Smh showed that they didn't actually get cars that they truly enjoyed having themselves, but just wanted to be "different". That's a hipster sentiment.

But from reading the rest of your comment, I can see that there is more substance to your position on the matter :) so I'll just give my opinion on that:

-giving the game better graphics is definitely a reason. The majority of game makers across Nintendo, Xbox and ps have all been remaking "classics" and "the hits" in an attempt to cash in more money from fans, as well as draw new peopl to the game. At the end of the day, you have to realize they are in the bidness of making money.

-look at GTAV. Rockstar had decided before they even released it that they would cashin in on old gen and next gen by releasing it on the PS3/XB360 while the whole time they worked on a graphic enhanced version for the PS4/XB one. Did V need new graphics? No, they are alredy superb. The game isn't even a year old yet. It's all about keeping with the industry.

-not everyone owns a gaming PC, and the mods aren't officially sold by R* so there is no money in that for them. But aside from that, yes, I'd love to see and graphically updated version. Doing so does not take away from the original. Actually, as a fan, I often enjoy comparing updates to the originals, such as with games like Final Fantasy. FF7 was a massive hit, and has been remade and modded all kinds of ways in a multitude of differently languages I believe, and the fans enjoy playing both. While I don't own a PC to play the modded HD version, I still have the ps1 version lol.

-(also, with Nintendo, another favorite is the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, on of the greatest games of all time. It has been remade on the 3DS. I enjoyed playing the new version, all the while making comparisons and differences to its original 64 version, which I still have and like for what it is.)

-expanding the map? I doubt they would do that. Most people like the city as is, And they will probably save expansion for when they return GTA to liberty city in a future series installment. Lol I don't see how redoing it will at all "dumb down" the gameplay. And even if they do, they are not going into anyone's homes to do a recall on old copies. Just as people have the option to not ya the original, fans of the old version would have the option to not play the new one.

-there exists moaners for every game, and GTA IV is no different lol. Even without an update, there are alredy people who complain bout this an that. The most anyone can do as a fan is just enjoy the piece of work, and ignore the haters/complainers lol.

-IV is already a classic as far as I am concerned. Even tho that term is not as reserved as it used to be, I feel as tho it certainly is a breakthrough point in the franchise. But then again, R* has been so good at what they do, it's hard not to say that about most of what they put out lol. To be honest tho, I guess I'd put San Andreas in front of IV as being a classic. V is really great too, but it's more of just a polished hallmark to exemplify how far they have come along in perfecting what they do instead of a game changer.

Sorry for the long post :p

SentinelXSVCS22
  • SentinelXSVCS22

Liberty City Resident III - IV

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:05 PM

IV's physics to me, is perfect and doesn't need to be remastered in any way. Sure it might be 6 years old, sure that it was released in the early years of the PS3/Xbox 360 era, and that the graphics by today's standard might not look as good as per say. But graphics shouldn't really matter in a game. If IV does ever get remastered and released on the PS4, then it might not go down too well with the gamers who played IV + EFLC of the last gen, and who still play the game to this day. Both IV and V has their pros and cons pitted against one another, in terms of driving physics, walking/sprinting etc, etc, but I find IV to be left alone and stand as something different in the gaming world of today. 

IV has gathered tons of gamers in the last 6 years, before and no doubt after V was released last September/October. Sure amongst them are haters/complainers, and the gamers who enjoy playing both games. 

• ric4rd094 likes this

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:59 PM

Nice thing you mentioned pros and cons.
In my humble opinion, IV's pros and fun compensate for its cons. Graphics aside, i see no con in IV. Nothing that really bothers me
  • thekillerdonuts likes this

snakewithoutatongue
  • snakewithoutatongue

gta shooter

• Members

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:58 AM

gta 4 could have looked much better on xone and ps4 but the atmosphere is grey that does not suite it.

i think the grey atmosphere just overshadows the graphics

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Once an SFPD officer, now a Templar

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:12 PM Edited by SFPD officer, 26 June 2014 - 12:17 PM.

You can put diamonds on sh*t, but it's still sh*t.

It's an extreme comparsion, but I'm sure you all get my point. Whoo, fancy new grass. Whoo, hammerhead sharks. Health system will still be broken, there will still be no place for character development, the supporting cast will still be cliche, the story will still be far too short for its plot threads to properly develop and resolve and there will still be a lack of criminal side activities.

I admit IV is severely behind in technical fidelity compared to current releases and it would be interesting to play IV on V's version of RAGE, but IV's gameplay still holds up and storytelling blows V away. And there are many other aspects of IV I prefer over V (atmosphere, music, setting...). And it's not like LC aged terribly. It's still a beautiful game.
  • Miamivicecity, B Dawg, Tycek and 3 others like this

SentinelXSVCS22
  • SentinelXSVCS22

Liberty City Resident III - IV

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 June 2014 - 02:18 PM

You can put diamonds on sh*t, but it's still sh*t.

It's an extreme comparsion, but I'm sure you all get my point. Whoo, fancy new grass. Whoo, hammerhead sharks. Health system will still be broken, there will still be no place for character development, the supporting cast will still be cliche, the story will still be far too short for its plot threads to properly develop and resolve and there will still be a lack of criminal side activities.

I admit IV is severely behind in technical fidelity compared to current releases and it would be interesting to play IV on V's version of RAGE, but IV's gameplay still holds up and storytelling blows V away. And there are many other aspects of IV I prefer over V (atmosphere, music, setting...). And it's not like LC aged terribly. It's still a beautiful game.

Agreed. LC after all of this time, still shows the beauty of the whole atmosphere in the game. 

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 28 June 2014 - 04:18 AM

The road design is simply wonderful. Full of holes and bumps, amazing painted details, poor fixes and such. In Alderney, it gets even better, with roads lackin proper pavement.
In my opinion, it is bettet than perfect roads of V.

thedriver111
  • thedriver111

Say Hello To My Little Friend!

• Members
  • England

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:06 AM

Both games are amazing but i preferred IV's characters and storyline over Vs. I also miss those little details and touches of realism IV had. But like i said both are 10/10 games imo

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:50 PM

Honestly while GTA V clearly looks better that doesn't mean GTA IV looks bad. Infact I don't see the point comparing the two graphically. A lot has changed since 2008.

Even in saying that I still think GTA IV looks great for its age. Raining at night while cruising down Star Junction is still a treat after all these years.

Heh, to be fair, GTA IV on PC looks way better than GTA V does on the PS3.
  • Miamivicecity likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users