Photo

IV versus PS4 V

38 replies to this topic
daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:43 PM Edited by daliakiller, 12 June 2014 - 01:10 AM.

Today, like many of you guys, i have watched the next gen trailer for GTA V, and noticed the differences. I was amazed of how incredible this game looked, and imagined it could even PLAY better that ps3/x360 we got now. I imediately booted up IV on xbox and started to play. Massive differences. I feel kind of sad that IV couldnt get this beauty treatment that we see in the trailer, but the gameplay...... i will still be playing IV even afta getting me the next gen V, that will probably be long time off my console. I much prefer its physics and driving mechanics, and overall gameplay than V. The locations, the atmosphere... everything seems much better to me than anything on V.
I just wanted to know if im the only one that is impressed by next gen V, but still prefers IV over any of this.

Don't go bashing on me for what i have said. V is awesome and sh*t, but i prefer IV, thats my opinion. Express yours.

EDIT: just played five minutes of V and crashed a few times. Oh my god.. hope they bring back the vehicle deformation from IV.
  • EagleStrike likes this

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:01 AM

Still enjoy my experience playing IV more than V, maybe R* deciding to bring the game to PC and the new generation consoles will help me change my mind with the newly added details and all.. we'll see when we get there though.

The story, the physics, amazing.

ric4rd094
  • ric4rd094

Remember who you are... :)

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:55 AM

I agree (Faustin's quote) ;)
Yesterday I was playing IV again - for me THIS is the game which has "that magic, you know..".
I'm waiting for XBO/PS4/PC release but they must improve gameplay and some parts of it like mentioned cars deformation.
For it's time, IV was a genius game. The engine combined with Euphoria still amazes me even today. Graphics-wise it may aged a little, but I'm more impressed with IV than Watch Dogs for example.
I wonder if it will be hard to mod V on PC ;)
  • theRema likes this

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

THERE IS NO CHEESE AT THE END OF THIS MAZE. ONLY ASSF*CK.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2013 "The Identity Crisis: The Problems with V's story."

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:26 AM

Remember all the post-rendered trailers before the 360/PS3 releases? Don't fall for their sh*t just yet...

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:34 AM

It really doesn't matter how great GTA V looks on PS4, XB1 and PC for that matter it still lacks the charm and character IV possesses. It'll take more than pretty graphics to persuade me.
  • Shenmue18, Official General, Apex Predator and 4 others like this

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:53 AM

What really impressed me was the city density. There seems to be a lot of cars and peds all over the map.
IV also have a great density tho.. visiting star junction never felt empty. Lots of people walking, lots of car driving around.

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:29 AM Edited by Deji, 12 June 2014 - 10:30 AM.

It really doesn't matter how great GTA V looks on PS4, XB1 and PC for that matter it still lacks the charm and character IV possesses. It'll take more than pretty graphics to persuade me.

That's interesting. I would say the same about IV except:

It really doesn't matter how great GTA IV looks. It still lacks the fun and gameplay GTA usually possesses. It'll take more than pretty graphics and dramatic physics to persuade me.

IV was an awesome action game. Just lacking in that GTA "bat out of hell" vibe where you can do anything. I think it would have been nicer if there was less driving in it, bizarrely.

EDIT: Saying that, Max Payne 3 was all-action and it was the most disappointing game I've played in a while :p
  • Finite likes this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:02 PM

So IV was an awesome action game (in your opinion) and it still lacked fun? How does that work out?

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:00 PM

Physics in IV are better than V, you got to admit that.
  • thekillerdonuts likes this

nobum62
  • nobum62

Douchebag who owns a chromed Furore GT

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:30 AM

Who gives a crap. IV on PC with max settings looks way better than GTA V for PS3.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:35 PM

Who gives a crap. IV on PC with max settings looks way better than GTA V for PS3.

Are you... serious? Why don't you compare the PC version of both games? Sure, the PC version of V isn't out yet, but still. Come on man.

• Finite likes this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:56 PM

So now game from 2008 is bad, because it looks worse than game made for totally different and more powerful hardware in 2014. Makes sense.

• thekillerdonuts and ric4rd094 like this

Special Members
  • Special Members

Der Hund abides!

• Members
  • Norfolk-Island

Posted 13 June 2014 - 04:46 PM

So now game from 2008 is bad, because it looks worse than game made for totally different and more powerful hardware in 2014. Makes sense.

Ehhh.....he said he prefered IV over V. 

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:07 PM

Yes, i mean, look at little details like shadows in a cars headlight, scratches on walls if you crash and slide on them, car deformation, physics.. GTA IV is an overall better game in my opinion, even V being remastered, or i dont know what to call it, for PS4 XOne and PCs.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:11 PM Edited by Tycek, 15 June 2014 - 05:12 PM.

I didn't mean to bash OP for his post. I also prefer IV over V and I've played it even today (TLaD to be precise), when I was last playing GTA V at the 30.03. But while V will look good, it doesn't mean that GTA IV is bad or/and ugly. It still got the same charm it got back in 2008 and it's still much better and addictive game than V. 

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:34 PM Edited by Andreas, 15 June 2014 - 08:29 PM.

IV still looks pretty good to me. I don't care about the graphics quality itself so much, but rather the atmosphere which is amazingly well done in this game. No matter how many years go by and no matter how many successors IV has, I won't change my mind on this.

Remember all the post-rendered trailers before the 360/PS3 releases? Don't fall for their sh*t just yet...

To be fair, the debut trailer was just a teaser and showed a very early build of the game. The second trailer, the trailers for all three characters and the gameplay trailer looked fairly similar to the final game. The screenshots, on the other hand, were visually better than the finished product, some of them even by far. It was to be expected, though, and the differences to the trailers were quite obvious from the beginning on.

They can't pull the same stunt this time because V was released nine months ago, and there is one important difference: we know that the recent trailer was captured from the PS4. There was no clarification whatsoever which platform the debut trailer was captured from and the same goes for a lot of screenshots that had been published in the pre-release time.

Rockstar has no excuses now, so the odds that they will publish bullshots and/or trailers that look a lot better than the final game is rather small in my view.
  • Th3MaN1 likes this

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 20 June 2014 - 07:27 PM Edited by daliakiller, 20 June 2014 - 07:30 PM.

I have seen some mods running on IV. Massive number of cars, multiplied number of peds, improved graphics and such.
For me it looks way better than V, or at least, the same results.
I liked IV more than V, the only point where it was losing was graphically, and now in city density.
Seeing what mods can do to IV, there is no doubt i would still prefer it over V.
The atmosphere, city, gameplay.. absolutely everything sounds better for me than V. Now with mods, in my humble opinion IV still triumphs over V.
I was seriously impressed by the PS4 V, but honestly, IV still way better to me than V could ever get.
Even when VI come out, IV will still be a game to remember.
Sure a piece of gold crafted by Rstar.

edit: im playing on x360 now. the game aged well, and even without any mods, it still a pleasure to play.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia

Posted 21 June 2014 - 03:07 AM

Honestly while GTA V clearly looks better that doesn't mean GTA IV looks bad. Infact I don't see the point comparing the two graphically. A lot has changed since 2008.

Even in saying that I still think GTA IV looks great for its age. Raining at night while cruising down Star Junction is still a treat after all these years.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Lt Phill Bellic. Law Enforcement Enthusiast.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:38 PM

It will take a lot for IV to be knocked off the top of the tree. It is just such an amazing game. That said V on PC might improve its standing with me.

Cheers.

Goodsport92
  • Goodsport92

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:45 AM

After playing IV last night after having played V for months, I can safely I say that I appreciate IV more now than I did before.

Now I realize how much I like the realistic, hardcore side of GTA which IV has.
And also how much I enjoy LC and its
atmosphere.

I applaud you R* for your past effort!

SentinelXSVCS22
  • SentinelXSVCS22

Liberty City Resident III - IV

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:07 AM

Whilst V has great looking graphics and such, it will never replace IV's story nor it's characters. I don't think anyway in my opinion. Heck I find IV more memorable, including the multiplayer modes and what to do in terms of objectives, but with more freedom compared to V Online. Though I haven't really played V Online yet, it just doesn't interest me compared to IV Multiplayer for some reason.

And with V being released on the next gen consoles, it makes me more interested in IV + EFLC on the current/last gen. I don't know though, but after 5 to 6 years playing IV and the Episodes, it just have that 'special' feel of starting up the game and just run around the map causing tons of mayhem without a complete care of what you are doing around LC.

I might get V on the next gen consoles, but not for some time.  

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:18 PM

There is some highlights to observe in IV that makes the difference for me. One of them is gameplay. Way better immersion in any aspect you point it out. Car damage and phisics for instance. Gunplay, brawls, sidemissions, et cetera. Another point where IV showa to be clearly at the top is overall immersion. Gettin tasks, jobs and friends help/hanging out via the mobile phone was simply amazing. Calling the paramedics to heal, eating at vendors, drinking and playing with friends, all of that gave a great sense of realism. Im not even mentioning the story, whitch is a clear win from IV. Little details like those, that blown my mind and make me think differently than other gta games, where everything was over the top and exaggerated, gives a great feeling of being a lowlife in a criminal city. Somehow, you are the only thief in LS, like you are the center of the universe. V gave big steps back when IV managed to do forward.
Not to mention the completely lack of immersion. It lacks that IV atmosphere, everything seems to be plastic, there isnt really something that grabs my attention. Everything is superficial, like this game was simplified, in many aspects.
  • Miamivicecity, Tycek, thekillerdonuts and 1 other like this

ric4rd094
  • ric4rd094

Remember who you are... :)

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:18 PM

There is some highlights to observe in IV that makes the difference for me. One of them is gameplay. Way better immersion in any aspect you point it out. Car damage and phisics for instance. Gunplay, brawls, sidemissions, et cetera. Another point where IV showa to be clearly at the top is overall immersion. Gettin tasks, jobs and friends help/hanging out via the mobile phone was simply amazing. Calling the paramedics to heal, eating at vendors, drinking and playing with friends, all of that gave a great sense of realism. Im not even mentioning the story, whitch is a clear win from IV. Little details like those, that blown my mind and make me think differently than other gta games, where everything was over the top and exaggerated, gives a great feeling of being a lowlife in a criminal city. Somehow, you are the only thief in LS, like you are the center of the universe. V gave big steps back when IV managed to do forward.
Not to mention the completely lack of immersion. It lacks that IV atmosphere, everything seems to be plastic, there isnt really something that grabs my attention. Everything is superficial, like this game was simplified, in many aspects.

Exactly how I feel ;)
True words ;)
  • daliakiller likes this

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:05 AM

DaliaKiller: That's how I feel about IV's gameplay too. Seriously I find messing around with IV's physics way more fun than say going on a rampage in a tank or flying a plane. IV's gameplay has always been much better than it gets given credit for.

Don't get me wrong V is definitely a fun game too, but it suffers from the SA syndrome of quantity over quality IMO. There's more to gameplay that the number of features it contains. IV has some of the best gameplay in the series as far as I'm concerned simply because even though it may not have a bucket load of features what it has is very open and free.

Parts of V feel like "You can look, but can't touch" such as the properties. Spend over $2,000,000 on a night club we can't even enter or interact with much less start property missions whenever we want to or how some outfits aren't unlocked until after the story. The Moto X outfit despite touting being added to the wardrobe  isn't actually unlocked until the story's finished. IV was never like that. Every unique outfit was unlocked as the game progressed.

I think V's problem is it tries to create the illusion of having insane amounts of freedom by having a much bigger map, more features, vehicles etc, but it really doesn't when you get into the thick of it.

That's what separates the two for me at least.

• nobum62, ric4rd094 and SentinelXSVCS22 like this

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Pure Heroine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:42 AM

I would love to see R* give IV the next-gen treatment. IV makes V look like a Saturday morning cartoon, and seeing the game being brought back in the spotlight would be amazing.

• SentinelXSVCS22 likes this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:18 PM

That would be last thing that IV needs, to be destroy by changing it to today's standards. I would prefer it to stay as not popular gem than as well know pop pulp. 

• B Dawg and nobum62 like this

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 01:49 AM Edited by RoyalRedXIII, 25 June 2014 - 01:50 AM.

Physics in IV are better than V, you got to admit that.

When you say this... Do you mean this in terms of smoothness or realism? Because although I enjoyed the story and scenery, I found the driving mechanics of IV to be awful in terms of its feel, in comparison to V.

That would be last thing that IV needs, to be destroy by changing it to today's standards. I would prefer it to stay as not popular gem than as well know pop pulp.

Lol are you a hipster sir?

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:03 AM Edited by daliakiller, 25 June 2014 - 05:45 AM.

@Royal Red
I mean overall physics. Run over some peds in both of em and see the diference. Getting softly hit by a car, falling from a great hight, shooting or pushing someone down a set of stairs, knockin peds out, explosions, bailing out moving cars.. Everything is better, ragdolling is way more natural than it is on V. Peds and vehicle physics are more realistic. Look at the cars suspensions and car crashes.. and the way they fly over the windshield. Drifting, running over peds, hitting lamp posts and trees or solid walls, driving off ramps.. How IVs driving physics are awful compared to Vs? V's cars have no weight, suspensions are rock hard, cars can easily turn around a corner and drift at high speeds, protags are glued to bikes, and can easily perform wheelies. Not to mention controling cars mid air. IV physics are way better im afraid, even V being smoothier, IV feels more realistic.

Son of Liberty
I wish V had the same physics IV has. I have been playing IV since 2009 till V's launch, most of the time just fooling around, playing with its physics, rather than going on long killing sprees.

IV may have less features than V, but all of them are enjoyable. Jobs, friends activities and abilities, healing, buying guns, getting a ride or backup are all accessible via mobile phone, making everything more realistic and organized. IV kept its feet on the ground, but managed to offer the usual ammount of fun find in any other title. IV cut out all of the useless bullsh*t, and standed out for its advanced physics and gameplay.
  • Miamivicecity likes this

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:09 AM

@royal
I mean overall physics. Run over some peds in both of em and see the diference. Everything is better, ragdolling is way more natural than it is on V. Peds and vehicle physics are more realistic. Look at the cars suspensions and car crashes.. the way they fly over the windshield. How IVs driving physics are awful compared to Vs? V's cars have no weight! In V a car can easily turn around a corner at high speeds, protags are glued to bikes.. IV physics are way better im afraid, even V being smoothier, IV feels more realistic.

Clearly things like walking in GTA V are smoother, but I agree. I like GTA IV's physics overall more including driving. I hate in GTA V whenever one of the protagonists fall from a height their tendency is to land face first.

• SentinelXSVCS22 likes this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:50 AM

Lol are you a hipster sir?

If preferring original version over some unnecessary charmless remake is considered being a hipster, than I guess I am. 

Just tell me, what would be the point of such thing? To give the game better graphics? GTA IV on PC with help of some mods (like ENB) looks photo realistic. To make map bigger? Bigger doesn't mean better. What exactly was wrong with IV that it would need a remake to today's standards with dumbed down gameplay. If you don't like it, don't play it. Leave the game to the people who can appreciate it and who will stay with it to the end. We don't really need the new wave of moaners, who will be crying that the game sucks, because they can't have jetpack, pink dildo and green mohawk. 

What shows you that something needs remake? Bad graphics, date of premiere of something different maybe? Does that mean they should also remade III, VC and SA, because they're old, ugly and cranky. They kind of did remade those on iOS, but were they better games than in day of the premiere? Definitely not. 

GTA IV is fantastic game, crafted with a lot of love and still full of charm. Filled to the brim with the smallest details and being somewhere in panteon of OWG stars. It's hard to say if it can be considered as classic, but maybe one day. And there is something to be said about the classics...

• nobum62 and ric4rd094 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users