Photo

PS4 perks in detail

194 replies to this topic
lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:38 PM Edited by Andreas, 2 weeks ago.

This is going to be vague, but it's too intriguing not to share. During my interview with PlayStation's North American marketing v.p., John Koller, we were talking about exclusive perks for PlayStation 4 owners for multi-platform games and we got to the topic of GTA V.P

We'd just discussed how Activision and Bungie's Destiny game, which is also coming to Xbox platforms, is getting an exclusive alpha and beta on PlayStation. P

We'd just discussed how, according to what a Ubisoft rep had told me, there won't be exclusive PlayStation content for Assassin's Creed Unity, which is a break from the norm. P

And then we got to Rockstar's baby, GTA V. Sony had announced on Monday night that the new-gen version of the 2013 Xbox 360 and PS3 game was coming to PS4. A Rockstar press release later indicated the new high-res version would be coming to Xbox One and PC this fall as well:

Kotaku: I there anything to that particular deal or that particular offering that will make it better-suited to play on PS4 instead on any other platforms?

Koller: I don't think we announced anything publicly on that, but there will be. I think GTA V is a title that did extremely well on the PlayStation 3. In fact... the index rate...the index rate is the amount of people who purchase one platform or the other relative to the install baseit swung well in PlayStation's favor for GTA V, a lot of it because of the partnership we had with Rockstar. We would expect that to happen here, too. GTA is a PlayStation franchise. It started with us. We really feel strongly that it belongs as a key platform driver for us.

Kotaku: You're saying that you can't say what it is, but that there will be something special for PlayStation owners?

Koller: GTA V is going to be, I think, a title we'll talk about more in the weeks and months to come, but GTA V and the GTA franchise is something that will be something very special on PlayStation.

I've reached out to Rockstar to see if they can share anything more about whatever Koller was referring to. And please temper expectations. Koller could be talking about exclusive DLC, timed exclusives or, hell, a free year of PlayStation Plus for anyone who buys GTA V on PS4. It's hard to say.

http://kotaku.com/so...dium=Socialflow

UPDATE:

DualShock 4 speaker used for phone calls & police radio, while lightbar flashes red & blue during pursuits, with touchpad able to change weapons

http://www.gizmodo.c...person-shooter/
  • Acetaminophen, Target13, Bubbles_Shed and 1 other like this

Wylight
  • Wylight

GTA4Life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:45 PM

Sony already got LCS and VCS, so it wouldnt be a surprise for us.

• fac316 likes this

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

AKA: BLOOD,BiiD or BloodMOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:01 PM

GTA:PS1,PS2,PS3 and now PS4,it sure a Playstation Baby...OP i hope we do get a perk afterall,but lol in some ways I still want to keep my XB360 version.

Acetaminophen
  • Acetaminophen

I own my own pet virus I get to pet and name her

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:03 PM

Good can't wait. ;) 

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:05 PM Edited by DarthShinobi, 11 June 2014 - 06:06 PM.

Damn you Rockstar! First Agent now this? Why u making me buy a PS4?

Lol @ "GTA started on Playstation"
  • Sprue, Tomasak, Startug and 4 others like this

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:06 PM

Im a PC gamer but bought a PS4, cuz dat 1080p and 399 price. its nice

• Fuzzknuckles, Official General, SimsDaniel916 and 2 others like this

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:08 PM

Agent is making me get one. ^_^

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:09 PM

This is really tempting! I don't have any money, but dammit Rockstar are really pushing me right now to get a job and buy a PS4. They are really pushing me farther than I have ever gone with a video game. Kudos to them.

• DrewFly123 likes this

Acetaminophen
  • Acetaminophen

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:09 PM Edited by Acetaminophen, 11 June 2014 - 06:45 PM.

"GTA started on Playstation" Is some what true. I mean yes GTA 1 was on PC some months before PS1 but GTA 3 is what made GTA huge and GTA 3 was exclusive to PS2 for over a year. 

EDIT: Actually I think GTA 1 came to PC only a week or two before it came to Playstation 1. So saying it came to PC first is almost pointless. 

• visionist, Official General, Ss4gogeta0 and 4 others like this

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:17 PM

"GTA started on Playstation" Is some what true. I mean yes GTA 1 was on PC some months before PS1 but GTA 3 is what made GTA huge and GTA 3 was exclusive to PS2 for over a year. 

:^: (although that point is Valid,cus GTA LONDON 1969 was the First-Ever Console Expansion and that was on PS1).

Evan-KCR
  • Evan-KCR

Tell me, what's your point of view?

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:26 PM Edited by Evan-KCR, 11 June 2014 - 06:27 PM.

It started on PC.

• bensons likes this

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:55 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 11 June 2014 - 06:55 PM.

Oh yeaaaaah! Gotta love Rockstar's attention to Playstation :rah: :inlove:

Need....tooooo..ggeet.......PS4!!

• GroundZero, Detective Phelps, Zello and 2 others like this

ukdhuri
  • ukdhuri

Player Hater

• New Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:57 PM

ok, but there will no movie maker, no highest possible graphics, effects and framerate or no mods, no iceenhacer for PS4, so i think PC is getting special treatment as always, why to choose castered version if superior version will be available at the same time.

Acetaminophen
  • Acetaminophen

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:03 PM

ok, but there will no movie maker, no highest possible graphics, effects and framerate or no mods, no iceenhacer for PS4, so i think PC is getting special treatment as always, why to choose castered version if superior version will be available at the same time.

PS4 already captures video. and you can edit it within the system maybe not to the extent that you can with the movie maker. But its still there. so meh. 

L0SS4NT0SK1LL3RV
  • L0SS4NT0SK1LL3RV

"You know what T? I'm getting too old for this non sens

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:20 PM

Sony thinking they own GTA franchise again  :rol:

• FlyUS likes this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:26 PM

Pretty obvious. I would be surprised if there wasn't exclusive content.

That being said, I doubt it's anything substantial. Probably cars or guns or something. Or a special version.

gtaxpert
  • gtaxpert

that's how I dooz it

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:37 PM

Koller: I think GTA V is a title that did extremely well on the PlayStation 3. In fact... the index rate...—the index rate is the amount of people who purchase one platform or the other relative to the install base—it swung well in PlayStation's favor for GTA V, a lot of it because of the partnership we had with Rockstar. We would expect that to happen here, too. GTA is a PlayStation franchise. It started with us. We really feel strongly that it belongs as a key platform driver for us.

"GTA is a PlayStation franchise", lol, this guy is out of his damn mind. It sounds like a bunch of sh*t to make people who like GTA to get a PS4, but we'll see. Maybe another exclusive headphone package? lmao

• Grand Theft Auto 5 Fan likes this

_Douglas_
  • _Douglas_

Douglas

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:39 PM

EDIT: Actually I think GTA 1 came to PC only a week or two before it came to Playstation 1. So saying it came to PC first is almost pointless. 

Vice city and San Andreas  were also released first on the PS2.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:39 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 11 June 2014 - 07:46 PM.

We should all remember the Trailer was Captured (Taken) from the PS4 not on XB1 or PC,so that shows how GTA still knows it a Playstation Franchise...

@_Douglas_
according to wikipedia,it a two months gap October 1997 (PC)-December 1997 (PS1) in Europe,while 1998 in the U.S and other parts of the World...it was the HD Era games that made the Franchise fully cross-platform unlike when the 3D Era games were on PS2 first (and exclusive) then months/years later ported to the XBoriginal or PC.

Francis44
  • Francis44

WRC!

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:45 PM Edited by Francis44, 11 June 2014 - 07:46 PM.

GTA as we know it now was born on Playstation, forget about GTA 1 and 2. Most of the key people behind the great 3d era only started working on the franchise since GTA 3.

• FranklinDeRoosevelt, Aerosmithfan999 and TaviColen123 like this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:46 PM

We should all remember the Trailer was Captured (Taken) from the PS4 not on XB1 or PC,so that shows how GTA still knows it a Playstation Franchise...

No, it shows Sony paid R*.

• TehTacoGuy, DaRkL3AD3R and Wavesittich like this

Acetaminophen
  • Acetaminophen

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:49 PM

No R* owes Sony a lot. 

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:52 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 11 June 2014 - 07:53 PM.

I don't think you can actually argue with the fact that ever since GTA 3, Sony have been very close to Rockstar, that's just undeniable. So they do have a good relationship, especially since it became popular/mainstream through the brand. That's all he's saying, so I don't get why a lot of people are getting butthurt. Go sit in a corner and cry to yourself....

• archiebunker, Ss4gogeta0, Acetaminophen and 5 others like this

Tilemaxx
  • Tilemaxx

I Run This Town

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:02 PM

Timed exclusive DLC for PS3/PS4? Who knows.

• CMB281 likes this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:02 PM

I don't see anyone getting butthurt here...You might be the only one, going by that last sentence.

R* may have a preference to Sony, and may have given them a discount, but you're kidding yourselves if you think they let Sony announce GTA V at their conference for free.

Do you really think R* would still go with Sony if Sony was offering them no money, and Microsoft was offering them, say, $50 million?

No chance in Hell.

L0SS4NT0SK1LL3RV
  • L0SS4NT0SK1LL3RV

"You know what T? I'm getting too old for this non sens

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:03 PM

No R* owes Sony a lot. 

You crazy, what does Rockstar own Sony?

Acetaminophen
  • Acetaminophen

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:04 PM

No R* owes Sony a lot. 

You crazy, what does Rockstar own Sony?

A full exclusive game... 

• Trevorphilipjfry likes this

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:05 PM

I don't see anyone getting butthurt here...You might be the only one, going by that last sentence.

R* may have a preference to Sony, and may have given them a discount, but you're kidding yourselves if you think they let Sony announce GTA V at their conference for free.

Do you really think R* would still go with Sony if Sony was offering them no money, and Microsoft was offering them, say, $50 million?

No chance in Hell.

The f*ck you talking about? I never said they announced it for free, did you just post this without thinking, or are you trolling? I said, relationship wise, in terms of business they are both solid. That's a fact. Ever since GTA 3.

• Acetaminophen likes this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:12 PM

Only the first sentence was directed towards you.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:12 PM

I think we may be blowing this way out of proportion.

Probably going to be something small like exclusive content for online, like Nathan Drake parent option or Joel from The Last of Us. Or Sweet Tooth mask.
  • Redwood Cigarettes, Acetaminophen, darkwar854 and 4 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users