Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA IV and EFLC on PS3 - New Firmware Update?

32 replies to this topic
xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:53 PM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 11 June 2014 - 03:54 PM.

Now this is bizarre. Today I just booted up the PS3 version of Episodes from Liberty City (don't ask, I'm in the process of rebuilding GTA data after a massive data loss) and I got a message telling me there was a 1.01 update. I got the same thing with GTA IV, which was a 1.07 update. I don't know if this will hold true for all users, but I found it odd considering how old GTA IV is. Even then though, nothing seems to have changed, not even the multiplayer. If you've saved data on EFLC recently, the original GTA IV still fails to auto-load your latest save and starts a new game. Seriously, what's the point of updating this for the first time in years if you're not going to fix something as simple as that? This just confuses me.

kipakolonyasi
  • kipakolonyasi

Homeboy

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:17 PM Edited by kipakolonyasi, 11 June 2014 - 04:18 PM.

hmm. believe it or not but i was thinking to myself maybe MAYBE they will update GTA IV soon. why? because, because of the Gamespy shutdown Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic trophy/achievement became unobtainable in GTA IV. because in GTA IV your multiplayer stats are saved on servers. and it's a trophy dependent on servers. if you've done certain things in your multiplayer carreer you earn it. and that's a list like win 120 races and win a ton of other DM, TDM etc. etc. stuff. but because of the shutdown our multiplayer stats can not be stored anymore because those are the servers that are shut down (that stored our multiplayer stats). i was thinking to myself maybe they'll patch GTA IV so our multiplayer stats are saved on our local saves file anymore. so people can continue earning this trophy. 

but this is totally out of my ass right now i don't even know if the update is about this.

kipakolonyasi
  • kipakolonyasi

Homeboy

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:41 PM

turns out i was wrong. but the update is still about game's multiplayer: http://www.playstati...obtainable.html

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Go eat your mom's ass

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:12 PM

Why they no make everyone Rank 10 by default? That's the least they could have done.

• theNGclan and StormerBoy like this

UP9390
  • UP9390

Railfan, Sheriff of Los Santos County - PSN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:07 AM

Does anyone know if anything else was changed in the update???

EagleStrike
  • EagleStrike

Cousin

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:21 AM

Don't take my word for it but I think the update may have been from a long time ago. You said that you had a massive data loss, usually when you re-install a game on your PS3, you have to download the patches again. Again don't take my word for it.

GTAfear
  • GTAfear

Think of a yellow rubber duck!

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:54 PM

This came as a surprise to me too. I've been playing IV in the last week or two and boom... An update, all of a sudden. I didn't want to post anything here until I found out what it was about. Thanks for posting that link, kipakolonyasi.

I'm not really sure about the reasons behind this, but looks like IV's and EFLC's multiplayers will from now on be just for fun for everyone.

KenniCrazy
  • KenniCrazy

Run Up or Get Done Up

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:10 AM Edited by KenniCrazy, 16 June 2014 - 01:24 AM.

I just got this update now. Such a shame :(

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

Slightly Rectified

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 16 June 2014 - 07:59 AM Edited by Ermac., 16 June 2014 - 08:42 PM.

The only thing i've noticed is that when starting a new game after loading a save you can see this artwork instead of just a black screen. I might be mistaken, but i'm pretty sure that didn't happen before.

Maverick_Artwork_IV.png

Edit: nevermind, I was mistaken apparently

GTAfear
  • GTAfear

• Members

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:54 PM

It did.

Wanderer800
  • Wanderer800

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:39 AM

Are any of you playing gta v at the same time as iv?

GTAfear
  • GTAfear

• Members

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:30 PM

Yes, me. Well, actually, I don't really play V, just load it up sometimes. But I mostly concentrate on my "hardcore" playthrough in IV.

SentinelXSVCS22
  • SentinelXSVCS22

Liberty City Resident

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:44 PM

With the multiplayer servers now shut. Does that mean the level your character was at, resetted back to 0 or is that still the same level after a long time playing the game.

What I mean is, is the levels intact of your multiplayer charcter or not before this server shut because of gamespy late last month. 

GTAfear
  • GTAfear

• Members

Posted 19 June 2014 - 10:09 AM

Everyone's rank is reset to 0 and you cannot level up anymore. Basically, there are no ranks anymore.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Lt Phill Bellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:33 PM

I don't think Rockstar will do anymore for GTA IV/EFLC.  :(  They possibly consider it to be 'complete'.

Cheers.

SentinelXSVCS22
  • SentinelXSVCS22

Liberty City Resident

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 June 2014 - 04:34 PM Edited by SentinelXSVCS22, 22 June 2014 - 04:36 PM.

So basically no more IV Multiplayer?

It annoys me, and no doubt others, who have devoted many, many hours, or even years in playing IV's multiplayer to level up and such, to be slapped in the face by R* all of a sudden. 

I knew that the original multiplayer servers were going to be closed down by the end of last month, but surely something to prevent everyone's levels being resetted to 0 in the new servers. So there is no Multiplayer modes anymore but Free Mode/Party Mode?

GTAfear
  • GTAfear

• Members

Posted 22 June 2014 - 06:24 PM Edited by GTAfear, 22 June 2014 - 06:25 PM.

No, everything, every game mode is still there. You also still basically earn cash when, for example, you finish a race. The scoreboard still shows how much money everyone has earned. It's just that everybody is rank 0, you can't rank up and it always says: "$0 needed to level up".

fefenc
  • fefenc

Peon

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:12 PM Edited by fefenc, 22 June 2014 - 07:15 PM.

So... what's this update about?

EDIT: Does this affects PC version too? Removing GFWL?

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:58 PM Edited by chrisscorsese88, 22 June 2014 - 07:59 PM.

Grand Theft Auto IV / GTAIV Complete / GTA Episodes from Liberty City

• Online multiplayer gameplay: Unaffected
  • Social Club website stat tracking and leaderboards: Removed
  • In-game multiplayer leaderboards: Removed for PlayStation®3 version only

Source--> https://support.rock...icles/203102767

SentinelXSVCS22
  • SentinelXSVCS22

Liberty City Resident

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:51 PM Edited by SentinelXSVCS22, 22 June 2014 - 08:55 PM.

Can you still unlock clothing?, or not?

So levels might return in the near future for all of your characters? Or R* might or might not, but who knows, make everyone a Level 10 if and in and when they patch it further, if however they ever do so. 

Just ticked off like others no doubt who leveled up, especially the ones that were LVL 10 before this happened. 

AgentAle47
  • AgentAle47

First Class Ace Pilot

• Members

Posted 22 June 2014 - 09:42 PM Edited by AgentAle47, 22 June 2014 - 09:50 PM.

So this is what happened, i took me a year, to reach level 10, and now this? can't even level up anymore, my poor dear girl, can't change your clothes anymore or i'll lost the clothes she have.
Bad show Rockstar, bad show

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Lt Phill Bellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:13 AM

So this is what happened, i took me a year, to reach level 10, and now this? can't even level up anymore, my poor dear girl, can't change your clothes anymore or i'll lost the clothes she have.

The funny thing is, all the clothes and accessories are actually on the disc. If you are on the PC version you can cycle through all of them via SNT.

Cheers.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Go eat your mom's ass

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:32 PM Edited by B Dawg, 23 June 2014 - 07:32 PM.

Nvm -edited.

AgentAle47
  • AgentAle47

First Class Ace Pilot

• Members

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:50 AM

The funny thing is, all the clothes and accessories are actually on the disc. If you are on the PC version you can cycle through all of them via SNT.

Cheers.

actually, but i use PS3.

Nvm -edited.

Your post... nevermind

thekillerdonuts
  • thekillerdonuts

Jelly Filled

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:02 AM

So they are going to go out of their way to ruin it? lol so their punishing people who prefer IV over that slop fest of V's online? wow, they must really want people in V online so they can force those kash kerds down even more people's throats.

BBQ RIBS
  • BBQ RIBS

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:06 AM

Oh man at least I got that f*cking 10 rank achievement (took me forever). I'm missing 50g from 1500g though :/.

AgentAle47
  • AgentAle47

First Class Ace Pilot

• Members

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:35 AM

Oh man at least I got that f*cking 10 rank achievement (took me forever). I'm missing 50g from 1500g though :/.

i stated the same too

SentinelXSVCS22
  • SentinelXSVCS22

Liberty City Resident

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

So they are going to go out of their way to ruin it? lol so their punishing people who prefer IV over that slop fest of V's online? wow, they must really want people in V online so they can force those kash kerds down even more people's throats.

Looks like it. There are the many who still play IV and always do over V, and there is the many who play V over IV. I just wished R* did something about everyone's levels to prevent all of this. Is the Xbox 360 version affected, or is it just the PS3 version?

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

I wouldn't panic, IV's multiplayer is still up. 

Red Dead Redemption had a new update as well. The only thing I've noticed is the Social Club no longer features an online 100% checklist or other options.

SentinelXSVCS22
  • SentinelXSVCS22

Liberty City Resident

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

I wouldn't panic, IV's multiplayer is still up. 

Red Dead Redemption had a new update as well. The only thing I've noticed is the Social Club no longer features an online 100% checklist or other options.

As long as they don't pull the plug on IV's multiplayer anytime soon, despite the levels, then fine by me. 

How many still play IV's multiplayer? Even though V Online is out, have always wondered after 5 to 6 years of playing the game. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users