Quantcast

» «
Photo

Should R* Release "GTA V Online" Only Version for Ps4/XboxOne?

32 replies to this topic
Alpha83
  • Alpha83

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:37 PM

R* should have a Online only version for download for those of us who purchased GTA V for ps3 and want to make the cross over to ps4. Many of us don't need or want the single player again. Why should we have to pay another $60 for a game (again), if we only play online exclusivly now?

I would be happy to pay $20-25 for the download. I feel with the sharkcards and making it clear they are making it harder to grind for in game cash and trying to entice players to fork over real money for "gta-bucks", and record breaking sales, R* should thow us last-gen purchasers a bone.

Am I wrong here? I'm sure I am not the only one who honestly thought it would not come out for ps4/XOne. I purchased this as my last hoo-rah for ps3, now I want to play online on a Ps4, especially now knowing you can transfer your characters!
  • 007Nick700 likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:40 PM

Seems perfectly reasonable to me, though I think part of the decision to bundle them together is the ability to say, HEY, I WANT TO GO ONLINE, and be able to do so at any time. It's using the same engine and environment, and I assume that's just the start of the shared resources. Picking them apart and releasing separately may not be particularly easy - and that may have been intentional. 

But I would love to see it be optional within the purchase. 

Cock&Balls
  • Cock&Balls

Dipped in bread crumbs

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA Online]

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:41 PM

As cool as it would be, i doubt it will happen. But, I guess it is possible.

Tupiz
  • Tupiz

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:54 PM Edited by /Tuomaz, 11 June 2014 - 12:55 PM.

Sounds like a possibility as Rockstar is going to sell GTA Online seperately either way at some point.

SirFiras47
  • SirFiras47

Sarcastic

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:00 PM

Sounds like a possibility as Rockstar is going to sell GTA Online seperately either way at some point.

What now?

Remote Six
  • Remote Six

I am Quantum

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:02 PM

If they tell us we have to pay another $60 for the XB1 version you know what im gonna do?

Im gonna smile real big and pay it :D

Its only $60 and I knew when I bought my XB1 that I might have to pay full price when GTA made the transition so im completely fine with it.
  • Senor_taco28, ~TKP~ and oleg_aka_djmeg like this

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:05 PM

Would seem more reasonable to have those upgrade programs on GameStop where you trade in the last gen copy to buy the next for 5-15$. That probably won't happen because the game is "old" by GameStop standards and they pay little while they rather have you pay more.

~TKP~
  • ~TKP~

Wind yer neck in! TKP_1st(PS4)

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:13 PM

Im happy to pay again. From watching this forum over the past 24hours, the ppl who seem to have a issue with paying again are the ppl who are gonna have to run to mum or dad and say "can I get GTA5 pls" and their parent is going to say sure you already have that. lol Roll on the fall for GTAO with less squeaking lol well at least for a bit :-)

• Senor_taco28 likes this

PANiC ATTACK3R
  • PANiC ATTACK3R

Always Dapper

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:14 PM

yes to online only! Wouldn't play the SP again however nice it looks.

Serdzy
  • Serdzy

Snitch

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:14 PM Edited by Serdzy, 11 June 2014 - 01:15 PM.

I personally don't really care. GTA is the only game that I play until next one comes out, so it's definitely worth the money.

I will probably replay SP on new platforms anyway. You never know what new stuff they will hide in there :p

Adeel007
  • Adeel007

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:53 PM

You should realise by now how greedy R* are and will not offer any discounts 

Jeff Nesteruk
  • Jeff Nesteruk

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:57 PM

None of you seem to know that the data will transfer from the old gen to new gen

Angerbox
  • Angerbox

lolwut?

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:08 PM

I would even pay a monthly fee for a 100% stable experience of gtao. No hackers or modern. No money/rp glitches or dupes. Basically, no bs.

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:17 PM

I would also pay for a stable GTA. The idea of a separate Online Only is kinda nice but I don't think that will happn. But with PS4 being able to play BF4 from the PS3 disk with only a small download, it seems to me that would be the likely path. Put your PS3 disk in the PS4 and pay $20 to download the PS4 version. Bada bing bada boom

jdwarfer
  • jdwarfer

Gangsta

• Members
  • France

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:22 PM

Can't wait to retry a single player playthrough on PC. I wouldn't take GTAO only. Kind of silly IMO.

R* said GTAO is free. So separating GTA V and Online is a bad idea for them I suppose. :)

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:27 PM

Im happy to pay again. From watching this forum over the past 24hours, the ppl who seem to have a issue with paying again are the ppl who are gonna have to run to mum or dad and say "can I get GTA5 pls" and their parent is going to say sure you already have that. lol Roll on the fall for GTAO with less squeaking lol well at least for a bit :-)

I'm 34, both parents are deceased and i have very little money left to live on. Your argument is invalid. Not everyone who can't afford a ps4/xb1 is a young kid.
  • PANiC ATTACK3R and Alpha83 like this

sweetbrother
  • sweetbrother

T.N.W.O

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:12 PM Edited by sweetbrother, 11 June 2014 - 03:13 PM.

Oh its funny how I made a thread about gta online not being free at all - and loads of gtaf kids argued it was. "I bought the game and got it for free derp derp"

You must PAY to get access to gta online, and now it seems all of you will have to pay again for next gen (if at your choice). Its only considered free if it actually does become a stand-alone download for nothing. Lets hope it does.

• who-dat and D3ViOU5 like this

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:46 PM Edited by Miss Malevolent, 11 June 2014 - 03:47 PM.

You must PAY to get access to gta online, and now it seems all of you will have to pay again for next gen (if at your choice). Its only considered free if it actually does become a stand-alone download for nothing. Lets hope it does.

It won't be free in the future (as a standalone), but it's free with the purchase of the game.

KoingWolf
  • KoingWolf

If Found: Return to Online Section

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:50 PM

I've said it before, with everything they are planning on doing, it makes the most sense for it to be carried over into a standalone title. A replacement for future GTA's online areas.

Reconified
  • Reconified

gouge away.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:52 PM

I would even pay a monthly fee for a 100% stable experience of gtao. No hackers or modern. No money/rp glitches or dupes. Basically, no bs.

Don't give them any ideas.

who-dat
  • who-dat

Haha Bama sucks!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:55 PM

Sauce?

pnut87
  • pnut87

Not Brett Favre

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:00 PM

They should do this with a lot of 360 games, not just GTA. But I doubt it happens for most, if not all, of the games on my list.

sweetbrother
  • sweetbrother

T.N.W.O

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:58 PM

it's free with the purchase of the game.

You find it really hard don't you? lol

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:06 PM

Well, time will tell, won't it? If they come out with a price point of $20-30 for the individual online download...then you can say with the utmost confidence, loudly and proudly, "I TOLD YOU SO!"

I will concede the point.

Until that day comes...it's debatable.

Senor_taco28
  • Senor_taco28

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:19 PM

I will be more than happy to pay again for the whole game

spydeeman
  • spydeeman

🀄️

• Members
  • Costa-Rica

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:35 PM

Don't forget PS4 you have to buy Playstation+ to play online multiplayer

sweetbrother
  • sweetbrother

T.N.W.O

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:03 PM Edited by sweetbrother, 11 June 2014 - 07:03 PM.

Don't forget PS4 you have to buy Playstation+ to play online multiplayer

Which is why I bet you R* is thinking about their gta online approach for playstation 

"Exceptions

Free-to-play games are exempt from this requirement and can be played online with no PS Plus subscription. Examples of games that fall into this category are: Blacklight Retribution, DC Universe Online, and War Frame."

• D3ViOU5 likes this

D3ViOU5
  • D3ViOU5

Trick

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:09 PM Edited by D3ViOU5, 11 June 2014 - 07:10 PM.

Well, time will tell, won't it? If they come out with a price point of $20-30 for the individual online download...then you can say with the utmost confidence, loudly and proudly, "I TOLD YOU SO!"

I will concede the point.

Until that day comes...it's debatable.

No, it isn't, you have paid for online, and you will have to pay again when next gen comes. I would like it if R* would follow up on their statement that it is F2P, but likely they will not, and you can all keep saying you're buying a free game because it's included in the purchase.

If they do make it available for download, or if they separate it from SP in the future and make that available for download, then it will become F2P, right now it's not, they just convinced you it is by their clever marketing.

"Exceptions
Free-to-play games are exempt from this requirement and can be played online with no PS Plus subscription. Examples of games that fall into this category are: Blacklight Retribution, DC Universe Online, and War Frame."

Well there's something I missed. Perhaps they'll set it free after all. They're just gonna have to weight their shark card sales vs expected game sales.

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:12 PM

No, it isn't, you have paid for online, and you will have to pay again when next gen comes. I would like it if R* would follow up on their statement that it is F2P, but likely they will not, and you can all keep saying you're buying a free game because it's included in the purchase.

If they do make it available for download, or if they separate it from SP in the future and make that available for download, then it will become F2P, right now it's not, they just convinced you it is by their clever marketing.

Well there's something I missed. Perhaps they'll set it free after all. They're just gonna have to weight their shark card sales vs expected game sales.

I paid for the game on the disc, not the servers housing the Online aspect.

D3ViOU5
  • D3ViOU5

Trick

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:38 PM

I paid for the game on the disc, not the servers housing the Online aspect.

Without said purchase you would not have access to the servers, all I'm saying. And purchase is pretty much the opposite of free...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users