Photo

Classic Games Discussion

38 replies to this topic
ryanhunter_rfc
  • ryanhunter_rfc

Hustler

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:49 PM

Wait! All of these replies and not one mention of the Warriors? besides GTA games, it's the best game ever made in my opinion.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:01 PM

Sorry man, but Warriors didn't really do it for me and a good bit of people. Had good potential but didn't execute well. Now if R* ever felt like renewing it, I'm down for it.

FlexSlim
  • FlexSlim

Hater Player

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:17 PM

This whole topic is made of win, lets talk about the Grim Fandango game announced at E3 for PS4, holding out for a PC version, hope it will be just as good as Monkey Island Special Edition.

Wayne Daniels
  • Wayne Daniels

Cattle Rustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:18 AM

Anyone else play Redneck Rampage? I f*cking loved that game, I played it for hours on end.

Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:03 AM

There's a good list of old games I'd want to see a re-release and also, most awaited new additions.
The modding community has quite often gave the timeless classics, new life and improvements.

Few that I'd love to see a return, officially: Freedom Fighters, GTA 2 & 3, Icewind Dale, Myth series, Release of source code for Ghost Recon -offline, and so on.

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:57 AM Edited by W2B, 12 June 2014 - 12:20 PM.

This whole topic is made of win, lets talk about the Grim Fandango game announced at E3 for PS4, holding out for a PC version, hope it will be just as good as Monkey Island Special Edition.

Definitely looking forward to the remake (for pc). One of the greatest games in history.

Another classic adventure remake that looks pretty good right now is Gabriel Knight. I still have the original game released in '93, but I haven't played it since the 90s, in the days when p&c adventure games were still good...

Sucks that the voices will be re-recorded and that the original cast (Tim Curry, Mark Hamill, Leah Remini and Michael Dorn) won't reprise their roles again.

Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:00 AM

Found 2Ksports NBA2K7 and NBA street 3 for PS2 from a local flea market yesterday for mere two euros!!!

NBA2K7 turned out to be ace, and real looker for PS2 game. Great controls too. WEird thing is you have to make separate saves for your settings, achievements and actual games, which is a bit awkward. Still, I'm looking forward to playing a full season with my fave team, the Clippers.

NBA streets 3 is so scratched it does not work. Woe! Still, I'm gonna try to wax the DVD and see if it helps.

-Waxing??? I hear you ask.

Well yes. It's an old trick really and gamestop actually waxes discs all the time if they look too worn. So why not do it DIY?

P.S: I actually prefer to play sports games on PS2 because they are much easier to control than the new generation games. Plus they have classic characters on them that have now retired from the field of sports.

Winning001
  • Winning001

Don't Click the GIF

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:57 PM

I have Gran  Turismo 2 (North america and PAL [europe])

Currently porting all of the cheats from NTSC to PAL because the PAL version is better

I have to rebuy and body swap all 70 (give or take) hidden/deleted cars 

I did it on the NTSC 1.2 but there are no Vauxhalls and PAL has all of them 

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:50 PM

I'll mention another game I'd like to see make a return. I played the hell out of it..

280729b.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users