Quantcast

» «
Photo

Will you sell your old gen copy of the game ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic
amine-griffy
  • amine-griffy

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:42 AM

Everything in the title

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

GTA Connoisseur

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:04 AM

No. I'm keeping it, because I still have a lot of friends who won't be upgrading to current gen.

NaLLe00
  • NaLLe00

Always helpful

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:09 AM

No, i am not gdtting PS4 very soon. I hope the DLCs keep coming equally on all systems.

tommyboy9413
  • tommyboy9413

Danger

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:13 AM

No, incase I can't transfer accounts. If I get bored fro, starting from the beginning, I can go back and play as my higher level character on my PS3.

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:16 AM

No, not everyone in my crew or friends list has a decent PC nor a PS4

Gallioni Pepperoni
  • Gallioni Pepperoni

≧◔◡◔≦

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:22 AM

I'll be selling both my ps3 and my copy of GTA 5 sometime in july.

elidc
  • elidc

NO

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:27 AM

No, i can't play if I sell it :blink:

jcph3
  • jcph3

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:35 AM

No, The entire Trilogy is going for less than $20 bucks,  I might sell my current one if I go next gen.

The PS3 will be viable for several more years

shootingallovertheplace
  • shootingallovertheplace

USBOC Host

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:37 AM

No

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:24 AM

No. I'm keeping it, because I still have a lot of friends who won't be upgrading to current gen.

Keeping mine also. I can't afford to buy 4 more xbox ones for my family so I'm the only one getting gta for xb1.

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

GTA Connoisseur

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:30 AM

No, i am not gdtting PS4 very soon. I hope the DLCs keep coming equally on all systems.

Honestly, I don't think there will be any more DLCs for last gen soon.

The old, aging hardware of the 360 and PS3 simply can't handle all of this new stuff.

Wanna know why GTA Online has been having freezes and crashes? High life update, and I'm pretty sure 1.14 will put even more stress on the hardware as well.

We all just have to face facts, last gen won't be getting any more DLC very, very soon. It's sad, I know, but it's a factinion, as Elpresador would say.

Reconified
  • Reconified

No Recess!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:32 AM

No, I'm not poor.

• TheLastSkill3r likes this

jcph3
  • jcph3

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:35 AM Edited by jcph3, 11 June 2014 - 11:35 AM.

No last Gen DLC's coming soon, there hasn't been a DLC for PS2 in years! Don't expect R* to wake up and drop one anytime soon.

There are over 160 million current generation consoles out there, Next Gen sales just went over 6. The PS3 and 360 will get new content for a while still.   

TheLastSkill3r
  • TheLastSkill3r

NCR

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:35 AM

No, because im not switching over to the ps4 -.-

ArchKnight
  • ArchKnight

Dodge Chargerô

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:38 AM

I'll keep it. Multiple platform's always a better option.

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

GTA Connoisseur

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:39 AM

No last Gen DLC's coming soon, there hasn't been a DLC for PS2 in years! Don't expect R* to wake up and drop one anytime soon.

There are over 160 million current generation consoles out there, Next Gen sales just went over 6. The PS3 and 360 will get new content for a while still.   

Did you even read my post? I said the last gen hardware can't handle all of these updates piling up. Remember when the high life update first came out? Everyone's console crashed, and froze. Why? Last gen can't handle it.

While I am optimistic for 1.14, I'm afraid that it'll probably crash and freeze constantly as last gen tries to load up the textures on the heists, or the new cars as it pre-loads the streets, and textures as you're driving; the texture pop in might get worse.

Willstig998
  • Willstig998

The Content Creator & Car Enthusiast

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:39 AM

No

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:40 AM

Nope. If i sold it how would i play GTA V? I don't see myself being able to afford next gen unless win the lottery or start printing my own money.

TheLastSkill3r
  • TheLastSkill3r

NCR

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:41 AM Edited by TheLastSkill3r, 11 June 2014 - 11:45 AM.

Did you even read my post? I said the last gen hardware can't handle all of these updates piling up. Remember when the high life update first came out? Everyone's console crashed, and froze. Why? Last gen can't handle it.

While I am optimistic for 1.14, I'm afraid that it'll probably crash and freeze constantly as last gen tries to load up the textures on the heists, or the new cars as it pre-loads the streets, and textures as you're driving; the texture pop in might get worse.

Lol, anyone that thinks heists are coming to ps3 and xbox, R* wants MORE money so they'll only release it on ps4/Xbox 3

• The7thOne likes this

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

GTA Connoisseur

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:46 AM

Lol, anyone that thinks heists are coming to ps3 and xbox, R* wants MORE money so they'll only release it on ps4/Xbox 3

"But we need our current gen profits!" -Rockstar

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"
    Best Vehicle 2013 "III Aircraft"
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:46 AM

NEVAR

Relative007
  • Relative007

Hustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:49 AM

No. I never sell old consoles and games and will not be going to PS4 as I only just got PS3 for GTA V (although with GTA Online my play time is 500 hours or something so < $1 per hour entertainment from GTA only)...

I still revisit Nintendo 64 games and last time I did found out about speed running Goldeneye and that provided plenty of amusement and I am always up for re-visitng FFX (probably my favourite game next to Banjo Kazooie for N64)... maybe in the future I will re-visit PS3 games; I digress. 

jcph3
  • jcph3

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:49 AM

Ya I read it, your talking about the last generation console the Ps2 which hasn't had an update in years!

It's economics,  you have a market of 160 million customers or 6 million, who do you market for?

The current gen had Blu=ray / HDD the next gen just has better graphics, no gotta have technology.

and as many have said previous, if you want high end graphics and performance you should be playing on a PC 

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

GTA Connoisseur

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:51 AM

Ya I read it, your talking about the last generation console the Ps2 which hasn't had an update in years!

It's economics,  you have a market of 160 million customers or 6 million, who do you market for?

The current gen had Blu=ray / HDD the next gen just has better graphics, no gotta have technology.

and as many have said previous, if you want high end graphics and performance you should be playing on a PC 

You're right. I just fear that the crashing and freezing will get worse and worse as R* adds more content to a game that's already pushed the limits of the hardware.

jcph3
  • jcph3

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:52 AM

Right, what are they gonna charge? There' only 6 million next gens out there

mochakaboom
  • mochakaboom

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:55 AM

How much can you even sell prev gen consoles? Like $50 at the least? maybe $10 for the harddrive lol.  This is all if you're lucky I would think

jcph3
  • jcph3

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:59 AM

How much can you even sell prev gen consoles? Like $50 at the least? maybe $10 for the harddrive lol.  This is all if you're lucky I would think

It was a dumb thread from the start......

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:03 PM

The discs make great beer coasters.

Also - http://gtaforums.com/forum/239-gta-v/

• jcph3 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users