Photo

GtaV On PC has more advantages

177 replies to this topic
PittDawg
  • PittDawg

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2014 - 06:42 PM

I don't really think it's necessary to mod the game right away though.  I mean, you have some pretty cool cars, and you can modify them (something that was nonexistent in 4).  I would only mod the game when say R* have finished releasing DLC.  Because then the game may become stale.

Agree, however there are some things I would like to see modded asap. Mainly the features from online that allow you to make "any" car your car( I.E meaning it won't disappear if you don't leave it in garage ) and being able to buy different houses.

Cristiano Ronaldo 7
  • Cristiano Ronaldo 7

Nature is Peace

• Members
  • India

Posted 28 September 2014 - 03:33 PM

I don't really think it's necessary to mod the game right away though.  I mean, you have some pretty cool cars, and you can modify them (something that was nonexistent in 4).  I would only mod the game when say R* have finished releasing DLC.  Because then the game may become stale.

Agree, however there are some things I would like to see modded asap. Mainly the features from online that allow you to make "any" car your car( I.E meaning it won't disappear if you don't leave it in garage ) and being able to buy different houses.

Even I Agree Pitt Dawg.

WalterS_LV
  • WalterS_LV

One ticket to LS please

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 28 September 2014 - 06:40 PM Edited by WalterS_LV, 28 September 2014 - 06:40 PM.

If you have a PC capable of playing GTA 5 then you have no reason whatsoever to even consider the PS4/XBO.

It's even more true depending on the final resolution/fps of the consoles.  If Rockstar ends up choosing 1080p30 then it's going to be a bad time for consoles...

Not really. When playing with a controller you don`t notice the 30FPS in movement. Actually a stable 30 would be very good for a controller. Unlike with old consoles where the frames often drop to 20 and never seem to reach 30, floating around 27 all the time. It feels like a bit less than 30. 

And I personally would suggest anyone who can afford this to buy a copy for PS4/XB1 and another one for PC, because I believe that PC multiplayer will be unplayable with random people, because of mods and cheats. While the consoles are unmodded at the moment so you will most likely end up with a cleaner experience. PC will be great for mods, but Online part for it will die very fast once modders will start to do insane **** in the lobbies. A container or Ferris wheel in a garage? You think that`s bad? Wait till you see that the 11-year-olds and russians will do to the game. I have mentioned this before, but someone should make an invite-only Steam group for GTA5 PC players that are legit. The only way someone could join is by recommendation. I could create this group, but considering that I switch from one game to another and leave the old one to collect dust for a while, I would not be a perfect moderator of it.   

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2014 - 06:44 PM Edited by Xerukal, 28 September 2014 - 06:45 PM.

Online on PC isn't going to die, lol. Going to be quite the contrary, it'll prosper beautifully because of its MMO-like nature. 

Pretty sure measures are being taken to prevent rampant file modifying and modding Online anyway. Max Payne 3's multiplayer on PC is proof of this. Wasn't that game very difficult or near impossible to mod? 

• BlackScout likes this

MarshallRawR
  • MarshallRawR

Probably paid by Rockstar

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 September 2014 - 06:54 PM Edited by MarshallRawR, 28 September 2014 - 06:55 PM.

Max Payne 3's multiplayer on PC is proof of this. Wasn't that game very difficult or near impossible to mod? 

Does this counts? The video is priceless haha

• Costar, UltraGizmo64, Lamborghini1335 and 3 others like this

KidFromGroveStreet
  • KidFromGroveStreet

Rat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 September 2014 - 06:57 PM

Online on PC isn't going to die, lol. Going to be quite the contrary, it'll prosper beautifully because of its MMO-like nature. 

Pretty sure measures are being taken to prevent rampant file modifying and modding Online anyway. Max Payne 3's multiplayer on PC is proof of this. Wasn't that game very difficult or near impossible to mod? 

I hope that GTA V online for PC is just like MP3's multiplayer. If it is then its certainly an advantage to the current gen consoles PS3 and X360's GTA V online's mess. Lol

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2014 - 07:47 PM Edited by Xerukal, 28 September 2014 - 07:48 PM.

Max Payne 3's multiplayer on PC is proof of this. Wasn't that game very difficult or near impossible to mod? 

Does this counts? The video is priceless haha

Spoiler

Oh yes, I remember this. Brilliant.

But you wouldn't really see this type of stuff in public lobbies. At least as far as I know from my own public MP experiences.

• BlackScout likes this

Cristiano Ronaldo 7
  • Cristiano Ronaldo 7

Nature is Peace

• Members
  • India

Posted 30 September 2014 - 03:28 PM

radeon-r295x2.jpg

With Such Graphic Cards PC obviously has more advantages.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 30 September 2014 - 04:23 PM

Does that give you an erection?

Evan-KCR
  • Evan-KCR

Tell me, what's your point of view?

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2014 - 04:25 PM

Does that give you an erection?

Who wouldn't get an erection from that?

Cristiano Ronaldo 7
  • Cristiano Ronaldo 7

Nature is Peace

• Members
  • India

Posted 30 September 2014 - 04:26 PM

Does that give you an erection

Pretty much,Sometimes.

I am not a Sadist; I have made my Point.

gizz01
  • gizz01

SpudGun

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 October 2014 - 10:25 PM Edited by gizz01, 21 October 2014 - 02:23 AM.

I used to game on PC but due to time and family ive have had to move my gaming over to console so I see both sides..

I loved my riggin days, its not just a PC or a box of chips, it becomes something more, you spend hours researching components putting together the best rig you can for the budget you have.. you eek every last frame out the thing, you know every byte of your system.

The ability to mod carnt be underestimated, its not just the kool things it enables complete over hauls of games and grx textures, skyrim is a good example here, I never got to play skryim on the pc modded up on my own PC, but played it on a friends of mine and it transformed the game, on console it was mudddy mes, I dont see what all the fuss was on the console gfx, but on pc it was breath taking. So much can be done with mods, its power is vastly underestimated.

But all this costs.. both in time and money, both of which is now a scarce commodity in my life atm, I was heavily into online racing and flight sims, my flight control sytem and stearing wheel setup cost me thousands but the experience was epic, ive just brought XO and the money I spent would just about of brought me my grafix card..

No question gaming on a pc takes more time, there are a million more things to wrong, with a console you know a game is going to run pretty damn goood out the box, you swith the console on and your playing, its not always plain sailing on a pc.

Consoles are grate for playing great games quickly, no hasle pay ya money and go for it, pc is more of a hobby, its a lot more involved, but you will always (if you put the time and money into it) be playing the best there is, graphically and content.

But you know the thing I miss most about pc gaming? The people.. on consoles its full of idiots, for every 10.000 people you meet on console you may get 5 that dont show signs of mental illness, im not sayi g you dont get nutters playing pc's but everyone is a lot more friendly and actualy grasp what multiplayer is..

On console its a Epeen fest, on pc there is a lot more cooperation, human discussion.. ive spent hours chatting with other players playing the same game and setting stuff up, organising events and huge mission, that will never ... never happen on console.. I miss that a lot, to play multiplayer on console you need to be lucky and land a good squad/clan/club filled with decent folk otherwise its hell..

But consoles ofer a cheap and fast way to game, its been this way for thousands of years, offer somthing thats simpler.. cheaper and faster (time wise) and you attract the masses..

I see a lot of hate towards pc gamers when they quote their specs, why? Damnit they have spent good money building their system and hours reading the finest details of every component down to the resistors on the main board. So yea when some jumped up little prat starts screaming how good their console is hes going to get the slapped with stats..

When a 17 yr old in his hot hatch starts doing donuts around a super car, expect some stats slinging .....
and laughing..

I would go back to pc gaming in a shot if I had the chance, but my life just wont allow atm, consoles are getting really good now, ok no its not going to be a pc, but they are convenient and offer more than enough quality wise..

Multiplayer will always be the consoles downfall in my eyes, its not the same, I could prattle on for hours telling you memorable stories of multiplayer/social groups on pc.... on console I have very few..very nearly none!..

But what my console ofers me in terms of ease of use and price, carnt be sniffed at...

I would love my aston Martin again, but my m3 does a great job... (talking philosophically there lol)
  • Costar, CartmanKusanagi, Xerukal and 1 other like this

Evan-KCR
  • Evan-KCR

Tell me, what's your point of view?

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2014 - 10:38 PM Edited by Evan-KCR, 20 October 2014 - 10:39 PM.

I used to game on PC but due to time and family ive have had to move my gaming over to console so I see both sides..

I loved my riggin days, its not just a PC or a box of chips, it becomes something more, you spend hours researching components putting together the best rig you can for the budget you have.. you eek every last frame out the thing, you know every byte of your system.

The ability to mod carnt be underestimated, its not just the kool things it enables complete over hauls of games and grx textures, skyrim is a good example here, I never got to play skryim on the pc modded up on my own PC, but played it on a friends of mine and it transformed the game, on console it was mudddy mes, I dont see what all the fuss was on the console gfx, but on pc it was breath taking. So much can be done with mods, its power is vastly underestimated.

But all this costs.. both in time and money, both of which is now a scarce commodity in my life atm, I was heavily into online racing and flight sims, my flight control sytem and stearing wheel setup cost me thousands but the experience was epic, ive just brought XO and the money I spent would just about of brought me my grafix card..

No question gaming on a pc takes more time, there are a million more things to wrong, with a console you know a game is going to run pretty damn goood out the box, you swith the console on and your playing, its not always plain sailing on a pc.

Consoles are grate for playing great games quickly, no hasle pay ya money and go for it, pc is more of a hobby, its a lot more involved, but you will always (if you put the time and money into it) be playing the best there is, graphically and content.

But you know the thing I miss most about pc gaming? The people.. on consoles its full of idiots, for every 10.000 people you meet on console you may get 5 that dont show signs of mental illness, im not sayi g you dont get nutters playing pc's but everyone is a lot more friendly and actualy grasp what multiplayer is..

On console its a Epeen fest, on pc there is a lot more cooperation, human discussion.. ive spent hours chatting with other players playing the same game and setting stuff up, organising events and huge mission, that will never ... never happen on console.. I miss that a lot, to play multiplayer on console you need to be lucky and land a good squad/clan/club filled with decent folk otherwise its hell..

But consoles ofer a cheap and fast way to game, its been this way for thousands of years, offer somthing thats simpler.. cheaper and faster (time wise) and you attract the masses..

I see a lot of hate towards pc gamers when they quote their specs, why? Damnit they have spent good money building their system and hours reading the finest details of every component down to the resistors on the main board. So yea when some jumped up little prat starts screaming how good their console is hes going to get the slapped with stats..

When a 17 yr old in his hot hatch starts doing donuts around a super car, expect some stats slinging .....
and laughing..

I would go back to pc gaming in a shot if I had the chance, but consoles are getting really good now, no its going to be a pc, but they are convenient and offer more than enough quality wise..

Multiplayer will always be the consoles downfall in my eyes, its not the same, I could prattle on for hours telling you memorable stories of multiplayer/social groups on pc.... on console I have very few..very nearly none!..

But what my console ofers me in terms of ease of use and price, carnt be sniffed at...

I would love my aston Martin again, but my m3 does a great job... (talking philosophically there lol)

I agree 100%.

jonesz
  • jonesz

the most envied

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:12 PM

Fully agree too.. but the PC versions is going to be the best multiplayer experience for the coming years in either way.. 3840x2160 downsampling ftw.

• Bodge likes this

NART_User
  • NART_User

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2014 - 05:22 PM

Can't wait for install the first mods and try them out!

Costar
  • Costar

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:17 PM

I'm ready to instantly begin modding of ped/AI behaviors and vehicle physics, bring the game on R*!

A couple *advantages* I hope they put into PC is an "independence radio" station so we can add our own music! And please let us save snapmatic photos locally R*. I can't even save photos now because "Alert, Failed to save Snapmatic photo to Social Club. The Rockstar game services are unavailable right now. Please try again later." Its been 2 hours later and still not working despite being able to access the gallery in-game to delete photos and see this updated instantly on the SC site... :whuh:

camfagta
  • camfagta

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:24 PM Edited by camfagta, 24 October 2014 - 08:25 PM.

and laughing..

I would go back to pc gaming in a shot if I had the chance, but my life just wont allow atm, consoles are getting really good now, ok no its not going to be a pc, but they are convenient and offer more than enough quality wise..

I agree mostly.....But the funny thing is that PC is actually cheaper... Just saying.

And I dont mean some sh*tty 720p low setting pc - No, im referring to something like this - Higher initial price, but much lower price at the end. http://imgur.com/GAFz4Gt 

And thats a YEAR old. It would be even better today.

KidFromGroveStreet
  • KidFromGroveStreet

Rat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:43 PM

and laughing..

I agree mostly.....But the funny thing is that PC is actually cheaper... Just saying.

"PC is actually cheaper" LOL sorry I laughed. Next gen consoles = $400, and these consoles can achieve 1080p@60fps(probably not for X1) they'll last a decade. PC? oh god, a wallet eater...

However the "ability to mod cant be underestimated"? Mods? lol yeah I have some mods but they're 1time only. Once I've tried them, I delete it and not to mention the trouble of worrying about your game not working and one mistake, you have to reinstall the whole game because you didn't backup the file.. Modding is overestimated and PC gamers have exaggerated alot about modding.

Werd about the pc gamer when they quote their "fancy" specs, like stfu fag. But its just mostly PC fags and those masterrace kids that do it, probably to jusitify their spending on a $1,000 PC just for more pixels. If a person says they just prefer consoles, PC fags will just gang up on him lol calling him names. And I wonder when people say PC gamers are older and more mature...Ha (No offence to the good PC gamers out there tho, I respect you guys.) 

Yea, PC does take ALOT more time, worrying about issues that may arise up and the game being a bad console port(GTA IV) or just horrible optimization(Watch_Dogs) and the games being DRMed as hell. But in the end, theres more such as better graphics(only if your hardware is powerful enough). All these issues and worrying, and like I said, gaming is suppose to be fun and relaxed. Its not relaxed on a PC. While on a console, you put in and play, simple as that. No need to worry about nothing. Which is why consoles are future of gaming, while PCs will just be for the tech guys.

But however, games on PC tend do have alittle more advantage over consoles such as better graphics, pc exclusive features(had tons of fun in the IV video editor).

Loveint
  • Loveint

The professional

• Members
  • France

Posted 25 October 2014 - 12:02 AM Edited by Loveint, 25 October 2014 - 12:03 AM.

Spoiler
"PC is actually cheaper" LOL sorry I laughed. Next gen consoles = $400, and these consoles can achieve 1080p@60fps(probably not for X1) they'll last a decade. PC? oh god, a wallet eater...

However the "ability to mod cant be underestimated"? Mods? lol yeah I have some mods but they're 1time only. Once I've tried them, I delete it and not to mention the trouble of worrying about your game not working and one mistake, you have to reinstall the whole game because you didn't backup the file.. Modding is overestimated and PC gamers have exaggerated alot about modding.

Werd about the pc gamer when they quote their "fancy" specs, like stfu fag. But its just mostly PC fags and those masterrace kids that do it, probably to jusitify their spending on a $1,000 PC just for more pixels. If a person says they just prefer consoles, PC fags will just gang up on him lol calling him names. And I wonder when people say PC gamers are older and more mature...Ha (No offence to the good PC gamers out there tho, I respect you guys.) 

Yea, PC does take ALOT more time, worrying about issues that may arise up and the game being a bad console port(GTA IV) or just horrible optimization(Watch_Dogs) and the games being DRMed as hell. But in the end, theres more such as better graphics(only if your hardware is powerful enough). All these issues and worrying, and like I said, gaming is suppose to be fun and relaxed. Its not relaxed on a PC. While on a console, you put in and play, simple as that. No need to worry about nothing. Which is why consoles are future of gaming, while PCs will just be for the tech guys.

But however, games on PC tend do have alittle more advantage over consoles such as better graphics, pc exclusive features(had tons of fun in the IV video editor).

Boy do you know what pc gaming is about... LOL!!

You talk like someone who has never been into pc gaming, you are not talking from experience that's evident.

KidFromGroveStreet
  • KidFromGroveStreet

Rat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 October 2014 - 12:10 AM

Spoiler

You talk like someone who has never been into pc gaming, you are not talking from experience that's evident.

....Yes, I know what PC gaming is about, I'm a PC gamer myself and knows that PC is has pros and cons and respect people's choice of platform. I even admit that games on PC has some advantages over the games on consoles.

"You talk like someone who has never been into pc gaming" I'm assuming you said that because I said PC gaming is more expensive which it is. And what I said about mods.

Loveint
  • Loveint

The professional

• Members
  • France

Posted 25 October 2014 - 12:42 AM Edited by Loveint, 25 October 2014 - 12:44 AM.

Spoiler

....Yes, I know what PC gaming is about, I'm a PC gamer myself and knows that PC is has pros and cons and respect people's choice of platform. I even admit that games on PC has some advantages over the games on consoles.

"You talk like someone who has never been into pc gaming" I'm assuming you said that because I said PC gaming is more expensive which it is. And what I said about mods.

I wrote that because of your whole definition about pc.

You wanna know why console are cheaper? is because their hardware is 4 years old and is a medium spec pc, that's the reason, Offer and Demand.

Gaming is not relaxing on pc? beg to disagree:

Spoiler

If this isn't comfty, I don't know what it is. And what about the possibility to literally convert your favorite videos to 60fps? 

Spoiler

Better graphics is the sole thing you can come up with as a pc gamer?

Really? expensive?

Spoiler

Console future of gaming? 

Spoiler

and i have more...

Don't say nonsense at least not on the pc section, it just make you look ignorant, i'm saying this for your own good i'm not mad.

As a pc gamer i thought you'd know better about your platform of choice.

• torresno9 and Bodge like this

Coolstream
  • Coolstream

INSERT{CODE}

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 25 October 2014 - 01:00 AM

The point being, buying a fully up-to-date PC with all the latest and most powerful hardware is obviously more expensive than buying a console. 

However, the difference gets smaller over time. The consoles' subscription and game cost are way too high and will far exceed the cost of a normal PC.

gizz01
  • gizz01

SpudGun

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 October 2014 - 10:42 AM

Ok .....

when I said pc gaming is more expensive, obviously this is subject to how far you go into pc gaming, yes I can pic up and average pc for for a few hundred quid/bucks, but this is where the big difference in console/pc gaming comes in...

If you go and buy a XO/ps4 you don't have to worry about your specs untill next gen, thats the devs problem, you pay your couple of hundred £$ and you will have topline console specs for what 8 years minimum? pcs dont quite work like that....

Again it depends how far you take pc gaming, the games or sims I used to play were heavy hitters specs wise and it was a hobby I said in my previous post, so when I built a rig the first thing to consider was that I had to build for the future, and anyone is who is really into pc gaming knows what I'm talking about here, a new hi speed gfx port just coming onto the market? You better make sure you buy a damn good main board that supports this new tech or in a few months your rig is dead in the water, new ram coming? Same again... all this means you will be paying top money to make sure you can keep pace in the coming months.

Gfx card's.. you want the best looking and frames you need to drop the doh, again a new version of directx on the scene, new high speed ram? If you want make sure you can be there in a matter of months you need to months you need to shell out...

All this hi end stuff needs powering, all these high performance components draw juice like crazzy, so your going to need a high powered psu, now you need to spend here! If your throwing all this cash into cpu's and gfx cards there is no point in skimping here and risk frying everything so this is going to cost you big also (but should last a few rig builds)

Pc gaming never stops moving forward specs wise, devs are always pushing pc hardware, and this is a good thing but you gota make sure your in there, ok I admit, my riggin days I was playing the most spec intensive sims out, so I needed to keep pace, and keeping pace means spending on the latest hardware and lying to the wife on a regular basis lol...

Can you pc game on a budget? Of course you can.. but if you really want to take advantage of what pcs offer on the latest titles then get ya wallet out, but again my pc days I was heavily into flight combat simulation and frame drops while in a dogfight over a city is not good news lol, I wouldnt say I was a specs whore back then, I woildnt pay another 200 for an extra 5 frames I would never see, but I always wanted my sim to run smooth in all situations at the highest quality, and for that you need to pay and keep paying .. xo and ps4 specs will be the same 4 years from now, pc wont.. they will be churning out all new tech...

Its loke anything just depends how deep you go... you can go into racing with yoir road car for a few hundred $£ but if you really want to go racing its going to cost ya....

I miss my riggin days big time, but i just dont have the time nor cash atm to go back to it, im scared to think of the money ive spent but damn was it worth it! Epic times..
  • KidFromGroveStreet likes this

Coolstream
  • Coolstream

INSERT{CODE}

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 25 October 2014 - 11:13 AM

I'm not completely getting your logic. You're talking about upgrading RAM every time there's "new high speed ram", which is moronic.

Look, you can do completely fine with a decent PC. Getting an i5 now? It's going to last you a few years. Getting a powerful GPU? It's going to last you a few years.

No, consoles are not cheaper than a PC. I'm of course not including enthusiasts which only go for 5960X and Titan Z.

• Loveint likes this

gizz01
  • gizz01

SpudGun

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 October 2014 - 12:09 PM

Nooo, im not saying upgrade ram every time a new one comes out, you mis understood me i think..

Basically when you building a new rig you realy need to be getting the latest card if that supports the latest Dx and so on, same with ram and cpu, like when multicore cpu's hit the market, when I built my system at the that time no program or game made use of multi thread tech, I could have brought a high end single core for a decent price but things move so fast in the PC world that had I done that a few months down the road I would of had a subpar system, so to be there I had to pay top cash for latest tech which at the time nothing made use of.. you have to build for the future which costs..

Coolstream
  • Coolstream

INSERT{CODE}

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 25 October 2014 - 01:01 PM

Nooo, im not saying upgrade ram every time a new one comes out, you mis understood me i think..

Basically when you building a new rig you realy need to be getting the latest card if that supports the latest Dx and so on, same with ram and cpu, like when multicore cpu's hit the market, when I built my system at the that time no program or game made use of multi thread tech, I could have brought a high end single core for a decent price but things move so fast in the PC world that had I done that a few months down the road I would of had a subpar system, so to be there I had to pay top cash for latest tech which at the time nothing made use of.. you have to build for the future which costs..

DDR3 was launched in 2007, DDR4 was launched this year. These upgrades are far from frequent enough to have any real impact, nor do you have to upgrade to DDR4 to get any significant boost in games. 

Also, buying Haswell-E right now for the sole purpose of gaming is stupid. For gaming you simply need at best an i5 (Quad-core), which will last you many years.

The future does not require a 12-core CPU with 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz with dual GTX980's. 

• torresno9 likes this

KogerOnControls
  • KogerOnControls

Power is consumption.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 October 2014 - 01:48 PM

Also with nvidias latest technology like Txaa and cuda its gonna be lot of fun and even titan z has arrived

Like anyone is going to buy it...

IT is bit costly at moment but hopefully will be pretty buyable in near future

The GTX Titan isn't a gaming gpu...

Coolstream
  • Coolstream

INSERT{CODE}

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 25 October 2014 - 01:56 PM

Also with nvidias latest technology like Txaa and cuda its gonna be lot of fun and even titan z has arrived

Like anyone is going to buy it...

IT is bit costly at moment but hopefully will be pretty buyable in near future

The GTX Titan isn't a gaming gpu...

Spot on, I think of it as an addition to the Quadro series from Nvidia. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users