GtaV On PC has more advantages

177 replies to this topic
Black Metal
  • Black Metal

The Blue Umbrella

• Facade Corporation
  • India
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:02 AM Edited by Cristiano Ronaldo 7, 28 October 2014 - 08:19 AM.

I know that their will be some new things in GTA 5 Ps4 and Xbox one but at last story would remain the same.

I think R* have already done best with gta 5 to pull all its potentials on last gen consoles unlike game released on 27May 2014

Inspite of having Xbox one I will go for PC edition as modding will be a lot fun with it.

So What Do you Guys think ; Makes PC more Superior than Consoles in relate with Gta V.

Share your thoughts and Ideas. :)

• AlasClarin and INGUSH like this

Vicetopia
  • Vicetopia

Factory Overclocked

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:03 AM

If you have a PC capable of playing GTA 5 then you have no reason whatsoever to even consider the PS4/XBO.

It's even more true depending on the final resolution/fps of the consoles.  If Rockstar ends up choosing 1080p30 then it's going to be a bad time for consoles...

• Failure, DiDoSvK, BelowMe and 8 others like this

Black Metal
  • Black Metal

The Blue Umbrella

• Facade Corporation
  • India

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:07 AM

Also with nvidias latest technology like Txaa and cuda its gonna be lot of fun and even titan z has arrived

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:11 AM

If you have a PC capable of playing GTA 5 then you have no reason whatsoever to even consider the PS4/XBO.

It's even more true depending on the final resolution/fps of the consoles.  If Rockstar ends up choosing 1080p30 then it's going to be a bad time for consoles...

Why would 1080p 30 fps be bad? I played V on PS3 and rarely (if ever) had any game ruining fps drops. Maybe I'm just really used to console gaming but If they can lock the fps at 30 on PS4/XB1 I see no problem.

• Mr Makaveli likes this

Black Metal
  • Black Metal

The Blue Umbrella

• Facade Corporation
  • India

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:16 AM

Why would 1080p 30 fps be bad? I played V on PS3 and rarely (if ever) had any game ruining fps drops. Maybe I'm just really used to console gaming but If they can lock the fps at 30 on PS4/XB1 I see no problem.

But Pc can obtain 60 fps with titan gpu

_FRANKENSTEIN_
  • _FRANKENSTEIN_

f*ck Google Ask Me!!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:29 AM Edited by _FRANKENSTEIN_, 11 June 2014 - 05:30 AM.

Also with nvidias latest technology like Txaa and cuda its gonna be lot of fun and even titan z has arrived

Like anyone is going to buy it...

Black Metal
  • Black Metal

The Blue Umbrella

• Facade Corporation
  • India

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:32 AM

IT is bit costly at moment but hopefully will be pretty buyable in near future

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:37 AM

I don't really think it's necessary to mod the game right away though.  I mean, you have some pretty cool cars, and you can modify them (something that was nonexistent in 4).  I would only mod the game when say R* have finished releasing DLC.  Because then the game may become stale.

Black Metal
  • Black Metal

The Blue Umbrella

• Facade Corporation
  • India

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:39 AM

I don't really think it's necessary to mod the game right away though.  I mean, you have some pretty cool cars, and you can modify them (something that was nonexistent in 4).  I would only mod the game when say R* have finished releasing DLC.  Because then the game may become stale.

I have already completed game on by 360 2times 100% completion

Mista J
  • Mista J

I can't wait to show you my toys...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:44 AM Edited by DarthShinobi, 11 June 2014 - 05:45 AM.

Or with a 770/280x that is like a third of the price.

I also don't think the next gen console versions will change much, neither will the PC version other than the changes we could see in the trailer. They'll be the same in terms of details but with PC you can opt for a higher resolution and framerate obviously. I think the XBO/PS4 versions will be 1080p with a locked 30FPS and no dips.
  • Black Metal likes this

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Playa

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:50 AM

Sorry, I am not a PC gamer.  Never have, never will be.  I find that PC games require too much maintenance and they are DRMed to hell.  Plus, from my understanding, you can't sell a PC game, so if you have the game, you are stuck with it and the loss of money forever.  With a console game, there is no checking for viruses, no having to make sure my settings are fully optimized to run the game, no slow downs because it has to be connected to the internet to play, I can sell it if I don't like it, it is always plugged in to my TV, etc.  Plus, I know there are a lot that speak about graphics, but I see no difference between the graphics of a PS4 to PC game.  Oh, and PC games don't get the Sony games, which are some of my favorite franchises out there.  

It is cool if you only want GTAV for PC, but don't knock down the consoles just because you don't feel they meet your standards.  Of course, I don't know how they can not, as they are the same game.  We are all gamers, and we play games to enjoy them.  It should not matter what device it is on, as we are all playing the exact same game regardless of specs.  

• CheatingSoi likes this

Mista J
  • Mista J

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:55 AM

But you can't play games at 4K on consoles. :p
  • Xyn likes this

Black Metal
  • Black Metal

The Blue Umbrella

• Facade Corporation
  • India

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:03 AM Edited by Cristiano Ronaldo 7, 11 June 2014 - 06:05 AM.

But you can't play games at 4K on consoles. :p

4K will remain just a dream for console fans uptil likw 2020 and these jagged edgeszl2lPae.jpg on consoles doesnt seem to be ending after upscaled resolution

• DiDoSvK likes this

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:07 AM

Unless you're a developer there's no reason to blow money on a Z. It's complete overkill and more of a status symbol product than a graphics card. Why on earth would you spend $3000 on a graphics card or need 12GB video memory for gaming? Running two 780 TIs in SLI would be a much better decision.
  • Lisha and Murray Bunyan like this

Mista J
  • Mista J

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:10 AM Edited by DarthShinobi, 11 June 2014 - 06:12 AM.

Still a dream to alot PC users as well. Considering its ridiculously expensive to do. The option is still there though.

^ I don't even think devs use titans. Ubisoft was using 680s to develop Watch Dogs if I'm not mistaken.
  • Thalyn likes this

Black Metal
  • Black Metal

The Blue Umbrella

• Facade Corporation
  • India

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:12 AM

Unless you're a developer there's no reason to blow money on a Z. It's complete overkill and more of a status symbol product than a graphics card. Why on earth would you spend $3000 on a graphics card or need 12GB video memory for gaming? Running two 780 TIs in SLI would be a much better decision.

Well If we earn 10 Bulks a month (probably) we can always spents 3 from them for our love !!!!!

• robban likes this

Black Metal
  • Black Metal

The Blue Umbrella

• Facade Corporation
  • India

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:28 AM

gta 5 pc will also offer great view distance that consoles will never offer

• PkUnzipper likes this

Mista J
  • Mista J

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:30 AM

I thought GTA V had great draw distance for a 8 year old hardware. But yeah, console will never match PCs, then Naughty Dog shows up, and KAPOW! Amirite? Amirite? *High Five*

Black Metal
  • Black Metal

The Blue Umbrella

• Facade Corporation
  • India

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:38 AM

*High Five* man

Trash99
  • Trash99

Homie

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:30 AM

I hope the A.I. will be better, because I saw a video where a guy explained and showed off how police A.I. and traffic works in the game and it looks ridiculous. 

But I blame oldgen again

• robban likes this

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci
  • None
  • Modding Contribution Award

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:38 AM

I find it somewhat funny. At the PC thread almost everyone at some point in time trashed Rockstar. Now all of a sudden everywhere you look people praise the company.

I actually defended them, as I do believe they have no obligation to release for PC. Fast forward to now, one nice trailer and everyone is praising them, as if they didn't make PC gamers wait over 12 months for V !

I have to hand it to them, you promise some stuff (like online stuff that is already in the existing game) and release a trailer with some nice graphics, and everyone is hyped again.

It is almost like it's a new game, whilst in fact it isn't. Some expectations (like better AI) will be unrealistic and will ultimately lead to disappointment. Can't wait for release day !
  • ten-a-penny likes this

Black Metal
  • Black Metal

The Blue Umbrella

• Facade Corporation
  • India

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:42 AM

I hope the A.I. will be better, because I saw a video where a guy explained and showed off how police A.I. and traffic works in the game and it looks ridiculous. 

But I blame oldgen again

But I blame oldgen again

I though gta 5 had made a lot gold in these particular topic and now is also good enough in artificial intelligence

I find it somewhat funny. At the PC thread almost everyone at some point in time trashed Rockstar. Now all of a sudden everywhere you look people praise the company.

I actually defended them, as I do believe they have no obligation to release for PC. Fast forward to now, one nice trailer and everyone is praising them, as if they didn't make PC gamers wait over 12 months for V !

I have to hand it to them, you promise some stuff (like online stuff that is already in the existing game) and release a trailer with some nice graphics, and everyone is hyped again.

It is almost like it's a new game, whilst in fact it isn't. Some expectations (like better AI) will be unrealistic and will ultimately lead to disappointment. Can't wait for release day !

R* Knows how to deal with both good and bad days unlike ubisoft.U go to R* site and u never feel lonely.R* has got something for every one.I have made my point I am not a sadist.

Miko19
  • Miko19

Can Into Space

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:56 AM Edited by Miko19, 11 June 2014 - 07:57 AM.

The biggest advantage I see is modding back what's missing back into singleplayer, and oh, that tiny, tiny detail being "YOU NEEDN'T PAY TO PLAY MULTIPLAYER M8".

Screw Live Gold, screw PS Plus. I bought a game and I'm not paying a subscription fee to have access to all of it, amigos. And that's why I am going to buy two copies, so I can play with me brother.
  • ten-a-penny and PkUnzipper like this

Black Metal
  • Black Metal

The Blue Umbrella

• Facade Corporation
  • India

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:08 AM Edited by Cristiano Ronaldo 7, 24 January 2015 - 11:01 AM.

Its View distance will be such that i will be able to see deserts from los Santos

Btw where do i get those binoculars?

• Craptasticjack likes this

qfs
  • qfs

Quffy

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:45 AM

Sorry, I am not a PC gamer.  Never have, never will be.  I find that PC games require too much maintenance and they are DRMed to hell.  Plus, from my understanding, you can't sell a PC game, so if you have the game, you are stuck with it and the loss of money forever.  With a console game, there is no checking for viruses, no having to make sure my settings are fully optimized to run the game, no slow downs because it has to be connected to the internet to play, I can sell it if I don't like it, it is always plugged in to my TV, etc.  Plus, I know there are a lot that speak about graphics, but I see no difference between the graphics of a PS4 to PC game.  Oh, and PC games don't get the Sony games, which are some of my favorite franchises out there.  

If you buy the game from a store you'll most likely end up with just one DRM or none, same as if you use digital distribution like steam. Steam is like your console library and store, idk what they are called. You have your friends there and all the stuff, so is the same experience as consoles, you can even use a controller for it. I have never been unable to play a game on PC due to DRM, some may encounter errors but basically people just make too much drama out of it.

Selling games, what for? You already get them a bit cheaper than consoles, so is just less time consuming trying to sell it after you've played it, but if you have it on your digital library it'll always be there if you feel you want to play it again, just re-download it. Loss of money forever? Since when buying things for your entertainment is loss of money forever?! You just used the money for a game experience, and that's not loss, unless you buy the game on hype or faulty and you end up disappointed. 

That's why PC gamers can "try ("demo")" games before purchasing them, that will enable them to test their PCs and how well the game is optimized, not forgetting about reviews and video gameplay you can watch. So, when you finally get to buy it, you have at least eliminated some of the annoying chances of being disappointed with the game.

Sony and Xbox exclusives? More than any time before they'll end up being multi platform from now on, and even if they don't we have our own blackjack and hookers. 

Don't forget you have that since you have a gaming PC, you can also watch movies, series, youtube and all of the internet can give you. You can work on PCs and still being able to fully game on it. 

In conclusion, nowadays PC experience and the console experience are similar now more than ever before, with the gaming and all the media entertainment, so it just gets to a point where what you want is simply a matter of taste. Don't forget you are not making any money of out this, you're not getting rich, so internet war for who has the better system? The company wins mostly, and as a secondary effect you'll be getting a better experience with time, but don't forget about the stress of having wars on the internet where you end up upset and annoyed. Just f...ing enjoy what you prefer. 

• thestig93, SilverRST and gizz01 like this

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:27 AM

Apart from modding, I don't see any such difference bwn PC & NG Consoles to count as an advantage ( correct me, if I did miss something here ), since I believe both are quite the same now performance wise, at least the games now will be much better, both on PC and NG Consoles, to fulfill all the gaps the Developers faced with the porting of the game and other issues from Old Consoles to PC.

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:51 AM

I highly doubt you need a Titan to reach 60 fps (even if we are talking about ULTRA settings, which are far superior to consoles). If we talk about high settings, many graphic cards will be able to bypass 60 fps, specially if they don't f*ck up the optimization like in GTA IV.

Apart from modding, I don't see any such difference bwn PC & NG Consoles to count as an advantage ( correct me, if I did miss something here ), since I believe both are quite the same now performance wise, at least the games now will be much better, both on PC and NG Consoles, to fulfill all the gaps the Developers faced with the porting of the game and other issues from Old Consoles to PC.

If freedom of choosing settings and be able to get 4K or 60 fps if your PC can is not an advantage...

Modding alone is not just an "advantage", it makes a HUGE difference, think about it, if you have the needed knowledge you can alter the game world to your needs.

• Soger7 likes this

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:19 AM

If freedom of choosing settings and be able to get 4K or 60 fps if your PC can is not an advantage....

Like I said, at least the games will run and perform much better on NG consoles than their older counterparts, and something PC clearly did far better than old consoles too.
But, that's actually enough to consider all the "major" differences to count as an advantage of playing the game on PC.
I believe 4K and such ultra high possibilities differ vastly on many factors, for instance high system config., not every one can easily manage not just financially but even in terms of habits ( not hardcore gamer ) to what one chooses, for instance performance over graphical fidelity in a game.

No doubt, PC's are obviously having an upper hand, but let's not push it beyond factors that NG Consoles are likely to achieve yet and importantly these elements aren't mandatory that you can't enjoy to play the game w/o them.

Millions have already got the NG Consoles, and still counting but nowadays, it's pretty right to say, that the games are now going to see good changes on Next-Gen Consoles that are quite improved performance wise, to make it good value for your investment worth another 5 years with them.

Gallioni Pepperoni
  • Gallioni Pepperoni

≧◔◡◔≦

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:24 AM

Hopefully they port it correctly this time around, GTA IV'S launch on pc was  a disaster, the fps was so bad.

s-paco
  • s-paco

Still here.

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:39 AM Edited by s-paco, 11 June 2014 - 10:40 AM.

It is cool if you only want GTAV for PC, but don't knock down the consoles just because you don't feel they meet your standards.  Of course, I don't know how they can not, as they are the same game.  We are all gamers, and we play games to enjoy them.  It should not matter what device it is on, as we are all playing the exact same game regardless of specs.  

Lol, are you serious? Do some research, you obviously have no idea.

Wow, downloading a through steam is such a hassle! And the risks of getting a virus with it is also very, very high!

Come on, i have no problem with console gamers. Heck i own a PS3 and will be getting a PS4 in the near future for sony exclusives (i also love those) but at least know what you're talking about before saying stuff like this.

Hopefully they port it correctly this time around, GTA IV'S launch on pc was  a disaster, the fps was so bad.

Looking at Max Payne 3, i say we should have no worries at all.

• Soger7 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users