Quantcast

» «
Photo

Does it look better than Watch_Dogs?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
192 replies to this topic

Poll: Does it look better than Watch_Dogs on current gen? (268 member(s) have cast votes)

Which game looks better?

1. GTA V current gen (253 votes [91.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 91.67%

2. Watch_Dogs current gen (23 votes [8.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

Vote
Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:56 PM

The Story is weak, the Characters are forgettable, 

Maybe he was talking about GTA V? :p

Or maybe, he knew what he was talking about.

No he does not know what he's on about. Watch_Dogs does not have forgettable characters and Watch_Dogs has a stronger story than GTA V.

GTA V has forgettable characters and a weak story. I was only pointing that out.

Did you actually remember who Stretch was at the end?

Did you remember Tanisha when she entered Franklin's house? 

GTA V's story was weak due to the low amount of character development (69 missions is not enough for a game with three protagonists).

Congratulations. You've pointed out two characters that are forgettable.

Now, allow me to present my contribution for W_D as of which characters are indeed forgettable:

All(most) of them.

I can think of only 2 on the top of my head that are forgettable.

Aiden and Maurice.

• BLOOD-MOND likes this

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:06 PM Edited by Los Santos Police Department, 14 July 2014 - 11:16 PM.

All(most) of them.

Name me 2 forgettable characters in Watch_Dogs, instead of generalising them all.

I dont know how long Watch Dogs is. Indeed it sucks that story is shorter. But at least missions were more varied, more detailed, story was interesting and you cant deny it. In Watch Dogs it was opposite, repetitive missions and side missions, story was interesting so were characters, i love Defalt alot, he is awesome.

Sure, GTA V had varied missions, but it stopped being interesting after a certain point (after the jewelry store heist), and detail? What do you mean by detail? 

I rate GTA V's storyline 6.5/10, due to the quality of the endings (A and C were OK, but not that great, IMO), and the sizeable amount of forgettable characters.

Watch_Dogs' storyline gets an 8/10 from me. The only problem I have with it is, as you've mentioned, the slightly repetitive missions. 

Anyway, isn't this about graphics? I've already stated which game has better graphics (on last gen), and that game is GTA V.

stjimmy3
  • stjimmy3

Hater of player haters

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:16 PM Edited by Andreas, 14 July 2014 - 11:25 PM. Removed quote-train.

thanks for saying that last bit.  now i know for sure that you hate watch dogs for what it is and will always defend gta 5 even if it looks worse.  and since when is la an island?

Its not LA, its LS.

• _Kindled_, BLOOD-MOND and Delta India Echo like this

Andreas
  • Andreas

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:29 PM

What is the point of this topic again? Correct, the visuals of V compared to Watch Dogs. Do not turn this into a debate about the general aspects of both games. That is not what this topic is about.

• stjimmy3, Detective Phelps and DopeFresh like this

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:35 PM Edited by _Kindled_, 14 July 2014 - 11:36 PM.

What is the point of this topic again? Correct, the visuals of V compared to Watch Dogs. Do not turn this into a debate about the general aspects of both games. That is not what this topic is about.

It will turn into a debate about the general aspects of both games regardless. I don't think there is another thread generally comparing W_D and V. So, you mind changing both the title and poll of this thread? :/

• Detective Phelps and Smaher. like this

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• GTA Series Staff
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:50 PM Edited by Barefoot Tiger, 15 July 2014 - 12:01 AM.

I don't think there is another thread generally comparing W_D and V. 

The last one ended very badly : http://gtaforums.com...-vs-watch-dogs/

There have been several shorter ones, all locked.

The only reason this topic is open is because the discussion is the graphic quality. As soon as it turns to gameplay, the same old arguments will start, the topic will be locked and warnings will be handed out.

Delta India Echo
  • Delta India Echo

f*ck crate drops

• BUSTED!
  • Somalia

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:04 AM

The only reason this topic is open is because the discussion is the graphic quality. As soon as it turns to gameplay, the same old arguments will start, the topic will be locked and warnings will be handed out.

The only one who seems to be starting sh*t is DopeFresh. His naiveness makes me think he isn't being serious at all.

• _Kindled_ likes this

DopeFresh
  • DopeFresh

Member of the Dope Fresh Nation

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2014 - 01:32 AM

The only one who seems to be starting sh*t is DopeFresh. His naiveness makes me think he isn't being serious at all.

you are the only one starting sh*t.  i defend my argument with pictures yet you still argue with me.  watch dogs looks better end of story.  this poll is biased because of all the gta fanboys on here.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 15 July 2014 - 01:37 AM

watch dogs looks better end of story. 

What about the daytime? WD only shines in the rain and in night. 

GTA V has better graphics. If Ubisoft didn't downgrade the graphics, it would be a different story...

• _Kindled_, IDAS Leader, BLOOD-MOND and 1 other like this

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2014 - 01:38 AM Edited by _Kindled_, 15 July 2014 - 01:39 AM.

you are the only one starting sh*t.  i defend my argument with pictures yet you still argue with me.  watch dogs looks better end of story.  this poll is biased because of all the gta fanboys on here.

Well, what do you expect? This is GTA forums after all. And we're not fanboys, we're just fan of the game.

• Detective Phelps and Smaher. like this

Delta India Echo
  • Delta India Echo

f*ck crate drops

• BUSTED!
  • Somalia

Posted 15 July 2014 - 01:43 AM Edited by Delta India Echo, 15 July 2014 - 01:44 AM.

Very cute Dopey, very f*cking cute.

At the end of the day, you are the only raging fanboy defending that game to death. Even LSPD backs up his facts properly. 

Why the f*ck are you even on these forums.

• BLOOD-MOND likes this

DopeFresh
  • DopeFresh

Member of the Dope Fresh Nation

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2014 - 01:48 AM Edited by DopeFresh, 15 July 2014 - 01:49 AM.

Well, what do you expect? This is GTA forums after all. And we're not fanboys, we're just fan of the game.

yet i provide obvious comparisons that the textures are way better in watch dogs.  both last and current gen are relatively similar.  so why are we still arguing?  gta 5 gave up its looks for gameplay elements, watch dogs uses great graphics to immerse the player into the game.

and people dont forget, gta 5 is southern cali while watch dogs is chicago so we will see some environmental differences.  (different sunsets, water).

At the end of the day, you are the only raging fanboy defending that game to death. Even LSPD backs up his facts properly. 

what textures look better?

and im here because i like gta.  im not saying it is the best looking game because its obvious to me which one looks best.

texture+comparison.jpg

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• GTA Series Staff
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 15 July 2014 - 01:49 AM

That was a very foolish post. Very foolish.

You just got the topic locked.

I hope you are satisfied.

Closed.

• TheOtherRyan, stjimmy3, Detective Phelps and 3 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users