Quantcast

» «
Photo

Does it look better than Watch_Dogs?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
192 replies to this topic

Poll: Does it look better than Watch_Dogs on current gen? (268 member(s) have cast votes)

Which game looks better?

1. GTA V current gen (253 votes [91.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 91.67%

2. Watch_Dogs current gen (23 votes [8.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

Vote
WalterS_LV
  • WalterS_LV

One ticket to LS please

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:29 PM

Hold on. Maybe lets wait for a release? Remember what happened on the 17th of September last year? Every screenshot and trailer looked amazing, and then the game was meh. It could be possible that everything we see from here on out will be a PC uber ultra 4k quality and then consoles will get a high settings 1080p graphics and for PC to achieve the quality of what`s shown would require like SLI titans. While the game would still look much, MUCH better than the PS3/XB360 version, keep in mind that this is completely possible.

• theGTAking101 likes this

Andreas
  • Andreas

• V Staff
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:41 PM Edited by Andreas, 12 June 2014 - 02:51 PM.

GTAV on current-gen consoles looks better than Watch Dogs on next-gen consoles in my honest opinion. Okay, V doesn't look so impressive in the countryside - especially the ground is looking really bad but the lightning is far more impressive to me. The PS4 version is visually far superior, though, as seen in the announcement trailer, and I prefer it over WD with ease. Just imagine how the game is going to look like on PC at maxed out settings!

Hold on. Maybe lets wait for a release? Remember what happened on the 17th of September last year? Every screenshot and trailer looked amazing, and then the game was meh.

There is little reason to believe that the same could happen again. May I remind you that the trailers looked fairly similar to the final game, with the debut trailer being an exception. I think it's safe to assume that at least the PS4 version will look similar to the recent trailer. Whether the Xbox One will achieve the same level of quality is another story, but it's not that unlikely. Judging by the build logs that can be found in the PS3 disc(s) of V, the game has been in development for PC for about a couple of years now, and it apparently is not a port this time. I think we can expect a great level of optimization, considering that it uses the same engine as Max Payne 3
  • Th3MaN1, The7thOne and Kampret like this

IDAS Leader
  • IDAS Leader

We're not strong, We're injustice strong !!!

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:57 PM

Watch Dogs graphics even suck on next gen.

Hold on. Maybe lets wait for a release? Remember what happened on the 17th of September last year? Every screenshot and trailer looked amazing, and then the game was meh. It could be possible that everything we see from here on out will be a PC uber ultra 4k quality and then consoles will get a high settings 1080p graphics and for PC to achieve the quality of what`s shown would require like SLI titans. While the game would still look much, MUCH better than the PS3/XB360 version, keep in mind that this is completely possible.

When did GTA V's graphics downgrade? They look like they were in the trailers.

• BLOOD-MOND likes this

walkingsickness
  • walkingsickness

Mr. "Blow Your Head Off"

• Members

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:14 PM

My 2 cents....brace yourself!

PEOPLE NEED TO GET OFF WATCH DOGS DICK!!!

WD graphics are not that special, even on PS4 (which I own) and GTA V graphics are (IMO) slightly better but who gives a sh*t.

WD is a good game, GTA V is a good game. You people make too much out of graphics and not enough on gameplay.

Again...who cares about the miscue difference of graphics between two games that should've not been closely compared to in the first place!

They are two entirely different games!

f*ck the graphics! As long as we don't go back to when sh*t was looking like Duck Hunt for NES (under 25?...Google It!) then I'm straight.

End of rant...

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

Mama Weer All Crazee Now

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:17 PM Edited by Shenmue18, 07 July 2014 - 08:22 PM.

GTA V looks better, but Watch_Dogs is the better game.

@Walkingsickness, that doesn't make much sense, GTA V is running away with the poll and the majority of people on here would pick GTA V over Watch_Dogs, so how are people on this topic "on Watch_Dogs' dick"? Not only that, but GTA V has had smoke blown up it's ass by reviewers and gamers everywhere, the game's been over praised and given undeserved 10/10 scores all over the place. So if anything aren't people, as you would say "On GTA V's dick"?

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:19 PM

Watch Dogs looked best during beta pre-release gameplay footage, the finished project...not so much. I think next-gen GTA V looks better.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:20 PM

Depends.

Watch Dogs downtown at night and raining is much much better than GTAV. However during the daytime is where WD loses out to GTAV. Overall I would say it's close but GTAV just about wins out.

walkingsickness
  • walkingsickness

Mr. "Blow Your Head Off"

• Members

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:32 PM Edited by walkingsickness, 07 July 2014 - 08:35 PM.

@Walkingsickness, that doesn't make much sense, GTA V is running away with the poll and the majority of people on here would pick GTA V over Watch_Dogs, so how are people on this topic "on Watch_Dogs' dick"? Not only that, but GTA V has had smoke blown up it's ass by reviewers and gamers everywhere, the game's been over praised and given undeserved 10/10 scores all over the place. So if anything aren't people, as you would say "On GTA V's dick"?

You honestly think I give a damn about the polls? Seriously? 

I didn't say that based on this poll. I said what I said based on the endless comparison on the two games. Mainly because people always want to create topics on "watch dogs this" and "watch dogs that" in a GTA forum...in the GTA V section of the forum.  

EDIT: Becasue I know its coming...let me also say to all of the WD fanboys that I'm a fan of WD so I'm not saying anything wrong with the game. I'm just pointing out that there are WAYYYYYY too many comparisons to both of these games, when both of these games are completely different then one another. 

• I SHADOWFOX I likes this

Geeteeaifive
  • Geeteeaifive

Andrew

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:45 PM

Stop ass kissing and admit it, wd with found secret settings mod looks about 5 times better than gta v, at least still images do. We haven't seen gta v on pc yet, vanilla and modded. But wd "mod" was supposed to be vanilla but devs downgraded it and even had enough nerve to deny it repeatedly, then removed the files on one of the updates, how pathetic is that.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich, so wie du bist.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:48 PM

Stop ass kissing and admit it, wd with found secret settings mod looks about 5 times better than gta v, at least still images do...

How does actual gameplay look?

• IDAS Leader likes this

Delta India Echo
  • Delta India Echo

f*ck crate drops

• BUSTED!
  • Somalia

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:55 PM

Looking at your PSN stats, it seems that you didn't even bother with GTA V. 

So your opinion is mostly irrelevant.

DopeFresh
  • DopeFresh

Member of the Dope Fresh Nation

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:55 PM

watch-dogs-direct-feed-gameplay-screen-p

gta-5-ps4.png

gta 5 was made for last gen and watch dogs was made for current gen.  watch dogs looks better.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:57 PM

gta 5 was made for last gen and watch dogs was made for current gen.  watch dogs looks better.

Isn't there a picture of next-gen GTA 5 you could use? It seems like you're cherrypicking with your pictures.

DopeFresh
  • DopeFresh

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:59 PM

Isn't there a picture of next-gen GTA 5 you could use? It seems like you're cherrypicking with your pictures.

that is next gen gta 5...

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:00 PM Edited by Xerukal, 07 July 2014 - 09:02 PM.

GTA V was made for PC and NG first, then downgraded and cut like f*cking mad to fit onto the last gen consoles.

Make no mistake, V is and always has been a next-gen title. It is an amazing game on last gen, but it was never meant to have any staying power on those platforms whatsoever. 

Also, that is a horrible comparison screenshot. Might as well wait and see how improved the rain is on NG and PC, then start with the "rainy/bleak" comparisons.

Watch_Dogs without rain, even at night, looks pretty bland to me. The wetness of the roads and the bleakness of the environments seem to be its only real strengths here.

• universetwisters, Th3MaN1, I SHADOWFOX I and 3 others like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:00 PM

f*ck, sorry. My mind's in another place.

Isn't there pictures you could use comparing next gen GTA 5 to next gen watch dogs? It seems like you're cherrypicking a bit, using a rainy picture for your watch dogs thing and a clear distant night in GTA 5.

DopeFresh
  • DopeFresh

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:05 PM

GTA V was made for PC and NG first, then downgraded and cut like f*cking mad to fit onto the last gen consoles.

Make no mistake, V is and always has been a next-gen title. It is an amazing game on last gen, but it was never meant to have any staying power on those platforms whatsoever. 

Also, that is a horrible comparison screenshot. Might as well wait and see how improved the rain is on NG and PC, then start with the "rainy/bleak" comparisons.

Watch_Dogs without rain, even at night, looks pretty bland to me. The wetness of the roads and the bleakness of the environments seem to be its only real strengths here.

we will have to see once gta 5 comes out.

f*ck, sorry. My mind's in another place.

Isn't there pictures you could use comparing next gen GTA 5 to next gen watch dogs? It seems like you're cherrypicking a bit, using a rainy picture for your watch dogs thing and a clear distant night in GTA 5.

no screenshot of gta 5 took place during rain so i had to choose a picture with a similar look which was rain.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:15 PM Edited by universetwisters, 07 July 2014 - 09:16 PM.

no screenshot of gta 5 took place during rain so i had to choose a picture with a similar look which was rain.

Did you even see the trailer?

eqNWq.jpg

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:24 PM

Yeah. You might want to try and get an angle similar to this one in Watch_Dogs...

Spoiler

• universetwisters likes this

DopeFresh
  • DopeFresh

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:27 PM

Did you even see the trailer?

eqNWq.jpg

well sorry i dont know 100% of the trailer.

SuburbansWorst
  • SuburbansWorst

Liberal Black Activist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:32 PM

gta-5-ps4.png

those graphics are only available through mods though. The final products graphics should be compared not the hidden one you had to mod in from the files

DopeFresh
  • DopeFresh

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:38 PM

those graphics are only available through mods though. The final products graphics should be compared not the hidden one you had to mod in from the files

no thats ps4 gameplay.

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

Mama Weer All Crazee Now

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:58 PM

Looking at your PSN stats, it seems that you didn't even bother with GTA V. 

So your opinion is mostly irrelevant.

Do you even have the right PSN account? Check my trophies, I've beaten the game, done a bunch of side activities and got a Online character to over rank 100. Yeah, I never bothered with the game. :rol:

TrustedInstaller
  • TrustedInstaller

whoopy-dee-doo-hypocrite

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:45 PM

GTA V of course, if it wasn't that good it wouldn't made me cry... >.>

• IDAS Leader and BLOOD-MOND like this

SuburbansWorst
  • SuburbansWorst

Liberal Black Activist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:40 AM

no thats ps4 gameplay.

woah I guess Watch Dogs is the better game then tbh

Delta India Echo
  • Delta India Echo

f*ck crate drops

• BUSTED!
  • Somalia

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:56 AM Edited by Delta India Echo, 08 July 2014 - 01:58 AM.

no thats ps4 gameplay.

woah I guess Watch Dogs is the better game then tbh

photo-755569.png?_r=1403877713

Just no.

Gameplay > graphics.

And even at that, GTA V visually looks better. Ubisoft also openly stated they didn't give two sh*ts about good graphic fidelity.

yakprince
  • yakprince

Doughboy

• Members

Posted 08 July 2014 - 07:15 AM

Watch Dogs ONLY looks good at night WITH rain, when it's daylight and clear weather the game is very unappealing.

• K20 and IDAS Leader like this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:03 AM

Watch Dogs ONLY looks good at night WITH rain, when it's daylight and clear weather the game is very unappealing.

This is pretty much it. I've also been playing through Second Son and Ground Zeroes recently and both of those look really good when it's dark and raining. Daylight? Not so much. 

V has a real edge on all of those games in the daylight, the lighting of the engine is just streets ahead of the competitors. And I'm basing this entirely on what I've seen on PS3. The PS4 version will no doubt look even better, in all weather conditions. 

It's pretty safe to say that this poll/thread is a clear win for V right now, Watch Dogs can't really touch it. 

• BLOOD-MOND and Krysalis like this

K20
  • K20

suckmyrocket

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:03 AM

V looks waaay better in current gen.... and V on next gen and PC will rip WD to shreds.

• Fuzzknuckles and IDAS Leader like this

Chrome_Adderz
  • Chrome_Adderz

Johanna Marston

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:15 AM

gta-5-ps4.png

bitch

GTA V PC>W_D PC>GTA V NG>W_D NG>GTA V LG>W_D LG

How did W_D become a better game? Did it score 97/100? Does the city feel realistic? Yes! It's livelier than CG V, but the city doesn't even feel better than V's LS.

And before you say I'm a fanboy. I've made love with a billion games. B)

• IDAS Leader and BLOOD-MOND like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users