Quantcast

» «
Photo

Independence FM... Will it make a return?

40 replies to this topic
Tommy Spaghetti
  • Tommy Spaghetti

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:30 AM Edited by Tommy Spaghetti, 11 June 2014 - 03:33 AM.

Will we be able to put our own music into the game on a User-Created track type radio station that was in GTA IV PC?

Independence FM 2.0 anyone? ;)

This will be the first song I put in the game. I'll get the FULL GTA V experience when I hear this start playing (as it should have been...)

• No Chin likes this

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

Coded. Not stirred.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2014 [GTA V and Steam]

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:47 AM

Will it return? Yes.

Will it have the same name? Probably (and hopefully!)

TheMuteGuy
  • TheMuteGuy

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:48 AM

Yeah, or another radio with the same concept but different name.

• danilo_ol and MichaelPayneV like this

BunnyBoy21
  • BunnyBoy21

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:51 AM

As far as I know all past PC versions had that option. It would be silly not to have it.

• MichaelPayneV likes this

oCrapaCreeper
  • oCrapaCreeper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:12 AM

All PC gta's as old as III have had this option. No doubt V will.

Vice City criminal
  • Vice City criminal

I speak Spanish.

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:17 AM

I hope so.

Cristiano Ronaldo 7
  • Cristiano Ronaldo 7

Rose

• Members
  • India
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:26 AM

Now see these is the way it should be phrased:

After all kindness R* has done by providing " "Excellent" " songs on its radio stations only " "10 or so were bad " " they will surely do these kindness of giving independence fm 3.0 after listening very good reviews about their radio stations from gta fans.

Just put double quotes into Negation and things would be perfect ..... D :r*:

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci
  • None
  • Modding Contribution Award

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:00 AM

They didn't mention it, which is odd as they did mention the video editor. If they don't add it, they should be bloody ashamed.

I do have a better version of independence FM which I made for IV and providing a scripthook is possible, would probably run without any changes on V. So if they don't add it, I will use that (which I have done for years on IV anyway, as it provides in game display of idtags and streaming media support).
  • Startug likes this

CzlowiekDrzewo
  • CzlowiekDrzewo

Say My Name

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:09 AM

They didn't mention it, which is odd as they did mention the video editor. If they don't add it, they should be bloody ashamed.

Maybe they thought that it's obvious for us :) I'm pretty sure there will be a Independence FM

Johan
  • Johan

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:24 AM

Definitely, I'd be shocked if it isn't.

Erpetter
  • Erpetter

Engineer

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:41 AM

It would be quite odd if it wasn't included. I personally liked the Radio mode where you had ads and a host. It made it feel little bit like a radio channel. Of course that guy is always sarcastic about the music you listen, Rockstar style.

• Big Danny K likes this

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

Help, I'm steppin' into the Twilight Zone

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:44 AM

I hope it does return, and I also hope that MP3 player that everyone was talking about is released in current gen. Otherwise, it would only be accessible via a vehicle, which I don't think would be nice considering it would be a PC exclusive. So, basically:

Independence FM will return

MP3 player might be released as current gen exclusive

Yogensia
  • Yogensia

Hobbyist Digital Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:59 PM

It would be a nice touch to keep that feature, but to me it makes no difference, I'll likely play the game with my music player running on the background with my own playlists, plus the stations from Vice City and San Andreas and some compilations like 2 Many Dj's and so on. In game i'll consider it my iFruit™ portable player.

• Big Danny K likes this

FUCKIN BULLSHIT
  • FUCKIN BULLSHIT

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:09 PM

Hopefully Rockstar would put a DJ for the station and talks about how crappy your songs are.

ShaolinMaster
  • ShaolinMaster

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:11 PM

I sincerely hope it will make a return. I really enjoyed making my own radio station.

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:00 PM

Hopefully Rockstar would put a DJ for the station and talks about how crappy your songs are.

DJ on station that plays music and then bash them?

Sentrion
  • Sentrion

Facade Corp™

• BUSTED!
  • European-Union

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:13 PM

It'll be a definite addition. I don't even think we can doubt this one. All GTA Games in 3D era have the ability to add independent tracks be it MP3 or any other User Tracks. I hope the feature will be like San Andreas or GTA IV.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:14 PM Edited by Xerukal, 11 June 2014 - 02:14 PM.

Let's hope that it goes without saying, which is why they didn't mention it in the Newswire post.

Or they just forgot, lol. 

Startug
  • Startug

No Custom Title Here...

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:16 PM

I do have a better version of independence FM which I made for IV and providing a scripthook is possible, would probably run without any changes on V. So if they don't add it, I will use that (which I have done for years on IV anyway, as it provides in game display of idtags and streaming media support).

You have a better version of Independence FM? I'd actually like to try the scripthook out; I just got GTA IV back on my PC soon to get Episodes from LC.

Oh and nobody should be worried, Independence IS going to come back to V. Why they wouldn't would be a mystery. 

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci
  • None
  • Modding Contribution Award

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:08 PM

You have a better version of Independence FM? I'd actually like to try the scripthook out; I just got GTA IV back on my PC soon to get Episodes from LC.

Oh and nobody should be worried, Independence IS going to come back to V. Why they wouldn't would be a mystery.

Yes, I made the mod several years ago. You need to tell the mod where your music is located (can be a folder that points to a location or share where the actual music files are), it supports several audio formats (MP3, wma, wav and a few others) it will read idtags from wma and MP3 files so that artist, album and song information can be displayed in game using a small menu and it supports streaming radio (like shoutcast or mms streams) and it allows for full control like next/previous, pause, fast forward/backward.

http://www.gtagarage...ow.php?id=13263

Sorry if this isn't appropriate not trying to push this.

ReconzVenture
  • ReconzVenture

Eccentric Raver

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:20 PM

The amount of drum and bass I'll be adding to this games radio will be unheard of! LETS GO!!
  • Big Danny K and Startug like this

Startug
  • Startug

No Custom Title Here...

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:51 PM Edited by Startug, 11 June 2014 - 05:13 PM.

Yes, I made the mod several years ago. You need to tell the mod where your music is located (can be a folder that points to a location or share where the actual music files are), it supports several audio formats (MP3, wma, wav and a few others) it will read idtags from wma and MP3 files so that artist, album and song information can be displayed in game using a small menu and it supports streaming radio (like shoutcast or mms streams) and it allows for full control like next/previous, pause, fast forward/backward.

http://www.gtagarage...ow.php?id=13263

Sorry if this isn't appropriate not trying to push this.

That really sounds awesome! I got my GTA IV reinstalled so I'm gonna give your mod a go.

Edit: Wow I love this so far. It was a bit tricky figuring it out at first because I had trouble getting the songs to work, but I figured it out when I saw the instructions a little further. Thanks for the link.

kvic
  • kvic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:26 PM

Let's hope it returns I CAN'T TAKE THAT SO CALLED MUSIC in V.

• Big Danny K likes this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:31 PM Edited by Xerukal, 11 June 2014 - 06:32 PM.

West Coast Classics says hello, nigga. 

I'm white and this radio station made me 100% black every time I listened to it. Very f*cking good. 

• Big Danny K likes this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

To Catch A Flame

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:36 PM

I like some of the music in V, but it gets boring fast.

Having the option to listen to my own music like Deathcore while on a high speed police chase down the highway as Trevor is going to be an experience to truly remember

kvic
  • kvic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:38 PM

I like some of the music in V, but it gets boring fast.

Having the option to listen to my own music like Deathcore while on a high speed police chase down the highway as Trevor is going to be an experience to truly remember

Oh yeah a few tunes are ok but man like you said it gets stale real quick.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:39 PM Edited by Xerukal, 11 June 2014 - 06:45 PM.

Yeah, V's stations are pretty repetitive. Or they just feel more repetitive than past games.  

I should listen to more Nonstop Pop FM as Trevor. Haven't met a person on any of my rampages that isn't intimidated by Fergie blasting at 100% volume. 

kvic
  • kvic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:40 PM

West Coast Classics says hello, nigga. 

I'm white and this radio station made me 100% black every time I listened to it. Very f*cking good. 

Are'nt  you the lucky one.

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:34 PM

I would love multiple custom radio stations, so i could listen to my music AND two or more old GTA radiostations.
  • Big Danny K likes this

A.O.D.88
  • A.O.D.88

TPI - Paleto Bay Chapter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:08 PM

If this feature was in 4 which was a lackluster port, then I think it's safe to assume it will be in 5 as it is generally known that Rockstar did 5 PC right this time!

Gonna be awesome guys!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users