Embarassing Online Question

18 replies to this topic
leerocklord
  • leerocklord

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:13 PM

Hi everyone...

so, like most of us i got GTAv on release day and played through it twice since then.

I've never tried to play online until now and i was wondering if you could help me.

What exactly do you do online? I've never played any games online and i'm new to all this. All i can work out is trying to find those blue circles on the ground to start races and so on.

It may seem like a daft question but could you give me a head up what i should be doing?

Thanks!

Barefoot Tiger
  • Barefoot Tiger

GTAV Forum Leader

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Nations
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:14 PM

Moving to Online Forum....

• Coreyandy5 likes this

EZza2647
  • EZza2647

The Bus driver-opus

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:20 PM

It's like single player, except with more features.

There's no storyline, it's more an open world game where you can do anything.

Things you can do: Mess around in freeroam, Play Deathmatches, Last Team Standings, capture the flag, land sea and air races, and soon you can do heists.

You can own apartments and garages. (2 car, 6 car and 10 car). All vehicles worth over 100K you have to by on Legendary Motorsport, and can buy insurance if your car gets destroyed,you can get it back. Although the in game tutorial should go through this.

Play in an invite only if you want to play without getting griefed. Or if you're on PS3, PM me and I can play with you and help you get money and RP if you want

• archiebunker, scubadave and Coreyandy5 like this

AlexSniperBullet
  • AlexSniperBullet

GTAPhotographer Commissioner

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:20 PM Edited by AlexSniperBullet, 10 June 2014 - 11:21 PM.

Spawn killing people, grinding missions, deathmatches & races.

Keegeroo
  • Keegeroo

Benefactor Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:26 PM

Whatever you want OP, just watch out for tanks, most players have them.

• Coreyandy5 likes this

xoC18H21NO3xo
  • xoC18H21NO3xo

GTA Addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:28 PM

I think the tutorial "officially" ends once you go to the big L on your map. However, I think either after the store robbery or Cypress Flats, you're free to roam the city and wait for contact missions to be sent to you.  

Darth_Rob
  • Darth_Rob

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:30 PM

You're too late.  They're moving everything over to the new consoles.

• Coreyandy5 likes this

leerocklord
  • leerocklord

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:31 PM

Thanks everyone!

Nenzo
  • Nenzo

LS Shootas

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:49 PM

single player got boring quick IMO.

Anyway it's good that you've noticed the blue circles all around the map. There is lots of different types of missions, races, deathmatches etc I suggest you start with what your most keen on.

Then, buy yourself a house. Nothing to fancy as your just starting online. You'll soon notice your money building up after doing missions (but that's if you don't spend it, try stack it up).

Watch out for:

Tanks
Gerald ~ even though you're a noob [no offence] his missions are sh*t and certainly not worth the pathetic pay outs!
  • Xx-ADITYA-xX likes this

shattered-minds
  • shattered-minds

Lovely chap

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:52 PM

You do missions, races (land, sea and air), Capture games (basically capture the flag), parachuting and death matches. Most missions are co-op with other people, some missions are vs other players. All of those are structred, triggered game modes, like how you were entering the blue circles. Doing this gets you cash to buy things like cars and apartments and RP to unlock more things to buy.

Within the online freemode it's much more, well, free. You can drive around the city, rob stores, take part in gang attacks, hunt players with bounties on their heads, collect cars for Simeon, attack armoured trucks and collect crate drops, there are probably more that I've forgotten. These have no seperate lobbies so other people are around you all the time and may help or hinder you (probably hinder).

This is no story or over arching goal, only to get more money to buy sh*t and to level up in order to unlock more sh*t to buy.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:54 PM Edited by sultangris, 10 June 2014 - 11:54 PM.

play coop missions, make friends and join a crew to ask for advice and give you some pointers, get a mic, and dont be annoying on it.

kjahcleveland
  • kjahcleveland

Winner

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:55 PM

Do everything you can to make that money!

AlexSniperBullet
  • AlexSniperBullet

GTAPhotographer Commissioner

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:55 PM

By the way watch out for UFO's they'll abduct you and drain your character's RP/rank and money. which would be your life force

• GTA Master 007 likes this

Inked 1994
  • Inked 1994

InKeD

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:59 PM

That's the great thing about Grand Theft Auto, you can do whatever you want. Once done with the tutorial you can do missions, races, death matches, etc. Or you can just stay in free roam and rob stores, change up your character, kill other players, possibly befriend other players. Also can just mess around as you would in single player. There's literally unlimited possibilitys when it comes to online.

GTA Master 007
  • GTA Master 007

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:10 AM

PM me when you kill mendoza or chester.

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:17 AM

There's many a routine thing to do: 
- shoot other players
- chase other players
- improve your bank account via jobs, selling cars, robbery, etc.

- improve your RP (reputation points) via jobs and losing wanted levels, etc.
- run around a lot
- etc. etc. etc.

But, for players like me, it's more fun to do things with friends or even alone. Explore unreachable areas with helicopters, find interesting places in the middle of nowhere, etc. 

My newest thrill in the game, being a since-launch players, is big air and height using a motorcycle.

I put together this thread, Tony Hawk Pro Skater, Eat Your Heart Out!, which has an amazing bike video (not mine) and a general discussion which a lot of players have found true excitement in the game, some for the first time (I used to enjoy the bikes in GTA 4 a lot, too!).

The key thing is to never take it all too serious and just enjoy, arguably, the greatest game on the market. Or one them, anyway! LOL!! Cheers! :)

0_0.jpg

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:41 AM

Buy a tank ASAP :)

Slow Ryders
  • Slow Ryders

Crackhead