Quantcast

» «
Photo

Will PS4 GTA put an end to Modders/Hackers?

24 replies to this topic
Wildfire_08
  • Wildfire_08

Who cares

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:19 PM

If so, for how long do you think we will get that luxury period without these parasites?

I am sick & tired of entering lobbies where there are f*cking noobs who cannot do sh*t without their mods. They are cocky as hell too, acting like they have skill haha when all they have is god mode. 

I am hoping PS4 will end the modding community on GTA at least temporarily, these guys need to realise as a majority we f*cking despise them & they all need to piss off back to the last GTA that they destroyed & leave this one alone. 

On a side note, there needs to be a bigger push to get rid of these f*cks by Rockstar or Sony, GTA 4 was ruined by them, GTA 5 has had the same thing happen although not quite on the same scale as of yet, if it begins to happen on Next gen too, then itll be ridiculous. 

In my idealistic world I would be able to put them all on an island & drop bombs of Baghdad over them all.

AlexSniperBullet
  • AlexSniperBullet

GTAPhotographer Commissioner

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:21 PM Edited by AlexSniperBullet, 10 June 2014 - 10:21 PM.

If they don't Cross-Platforms between the PS3 and PS4 via multiplayer. then yes.

Cakelover21
  • Cakelover21

Unique Vehicle Collector

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:21 PM

It might actually make it easier for the modders because of all the things the new consoles can do.

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:22 PM

It might actually make it easier for the modders because of all the things the new consoles can do.

Eh.. no... as far as I know, there's rarely any hacks if not, any at all in the new generation consoles.

The latest we'll see mods for this game on PS4(if there ends up being any) will be sometime a year or two before the next GTA.

cookiemonster14
  • cookiemonster14

Gangsta

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:23 PM Edited by cookiemonster14, 10 June 2014 - 10:27 PM.

Nope. lt might take some time for them to mod games on PS4 but it'll eventually happen.

kjahcleveland
  • kjahcleveland

Esperanto collector

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:24 PM

I usually don't care but this exact same post already exists.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:26 PM

just like any new console it may take a few years before someone manage to crack the security.

eventually it would happen.

Wildfire_08
  • Wildfire_08

Who cares

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:29 PM

Nope. lt might take some take for them to mod games on PS4 but it'll eventually happen.

My issue is this... GTAO is a concept meant to be much like DCUO, I know they are not entirely the same but as an evolving concept which is only online & can be constantly upgraded, you now what I mean. 

On the basis of that, Rockstar should be making concerted efforts to rid the game completely of these f*cks, I mean, DCUO has no modders/hackers that I am aware of, Infact I dont think they have ever had issues with that. Obviously it might have something to do with it being a mainly online game, but they did have a disc at one point.

I would assume they could prevent them, if One Dev (SoE) has successfully done it for years.

So why post then?

Get the f*ck out already lol.

Two gun
  • Two gun

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:31 PM Edited by Two gun, 10 June 2014 - 10:32 PM.

Nope. lt might take some take for them to mod games on PS4 but it'll eventually happen.

My issue is this... GTAO is a concept meant to be much like DCUO, I know they are not entirely the same but as an evolving concept which is only online & can be constantly upgraded, you now what I mean. 

On the basis of that, Rockstar should be making concerted efforts to rid the game completely of these f*cks, I mean, DCUO has no modders/hackers that I am aware of, Infact I dont think they have ever had issues with that. Obviously it might have something to do with it being a mainly online game, but they did have a disc at one point.

I would assume they could prevent them, if One Dev (SoE) has successfully done it for years.

So why post then?

concept was meant to be much like DCUO? Source ?

Wildfire_08
  • Wildfire_08

Who cares

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:34 PM

So why post then?

concept was meant to be much like DCUO? Source ?

I do not mean as though they copied DCUO in anyway, I merely meant in the same way DCUO has everything server side & will continue to upgrade the game over a period of years as its own entity. 

They stated that in both the multiplayer release trailer & various interviews about the multiplayer side.

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:36 PM

If anything it'll be easier to mod PS4 games than PS3.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:47 PM

It's going to happen eventually, but not anytime soon after release.

Then prepare for a bunch of these...

YlqW7NP.gif

• AlexSniperBullet likes this

FredZ
  • FredZ

Daddy

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:48 PM

Mod, lock this thread, we don't want people discussing things. Lock. Down. Now. 

AnotherUserName
  • AnotherUserName

Dick

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:56 PM

Difference is DCUO, as well as most any other persistent world game, stores all their key files on the server, while the client just has the basic assets necessary to access and run the game based on the information it receives. Hacks and mods are difficult to pull off because the server is constantly checking and validating data it receives from the client, plus there is really no access to the actual files. Hacks for games like these are usually the result of client side script hooks, which are often easily detectable by the server and tend to result in an instant, permanent ban.

GTA Online, on the other hand, stores all the files client side, with only character data being stored on the server. It's easier to mod because the necessary files are easily accessible and there are very few server side checks, if any; and only result in a temporary suspension, if you're even caught at all. As long as R* continues with their current way of doing things, it's never going to end, it will just slow down for a little bit until the next system is broken.

The new systems will be cracked eventually. I give the PC version a week at the most.

• Ballistic Jello likes this

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:58 PM

I hope XB1 will too.

Wildfire_08
  • Wildfire_08

Who cares

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:01 PM

Difference is DCUO, as well as most any other persistent world game, stores all their key files on the server, while the client just has the basic assets necessary to access and run the game based on the information it receives. Hacks and mods are difficult to pull off because the server is constantly checking and validating data it receives from the client, plus there is really no access to the actual files. Hacks for games like these are usually the result of client side script hooks, which are often easily detectable by the server and tend to result in an instant, permanent ban.

GTA Online, on the other hand, stores all the files client side, with only character data being stored on the server. It's easier to mod because the necessary files are easily accessible and there are very few server side checks, if any; and only result in a temporary suspension, if you're even caught at all. As long as R* continues with their current way of doing things, it's never going to end, it will just slow down for a little bit until the next system is broken.

The new systems will be cracked eventually. I give the PC version a week at the most.

I get that, but on the assumption ( & it is only an assumption) that GTAO becomes a digital download for the next gen systems, as opposed to disc based, wouldn't this mean it would be essentially almost hack/mod proof, like a DCUO? 

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:02 PM

no

Two gun
  • Two gun

Homie

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:03 AM

You know they say when you assume. Also nothing NOTHING is hack or mod proof.

AnotherUserName
  • AnotherUserName

Dick

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:09 AM Edited by AnotherUserName, 11 June 2014 - 12:11 AM.

I get that, but on the assumption ( & it is only an assumption) that GTAO becomes a digital download for the next gen systems, as opposed to disc based, wouldn't this mean it would be essentially almost hack/mod proof, like a DCUO? 

No. Digital games can still be modded. If that were to happen, it won't be any more hack/mod proof than the current digital versions; all key files are still being stored client side. The only difference between last gen and current gen is that the new systems haven't been cracked yet. Once that happens, and it will happen, it will be exactly the same as it is now.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:19 AM

nothing is hack proof, it may cut down on it when you actually have to be smart to do so as any retard with an internet connection can currently hack it.

xskinzcity
  • xskinzcity

Lord of War

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:22 AM

whats with all the new ps4 threads? xbox one > ps4

BamaGoodfella
  • BamaGoodfella

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:22 AM

Hacking the PS4 is not going to happen unless Sony makes a mistake with the implementation/use of the ECDSA.   

• scubadave likes this

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:24 AM

whats with all the new ps4 threads? xbox one > ps4

I prefer the Xbox controller, so I'll be getting an Xbone, but it's not the better console (technology wise at least).

You end up paying for a whole bunch of crap that has nothing to do with gaming, and getting less GPU cores.

hotrats773
  • hotrats773

QUIT THE INTERNET! ASK ME HOW!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:29 AM Edited by hotrats773, 11 June 2014 - 12:32 AM.

So why post then?

I think he was trying to be helpful. A simple scroll of the mouse reveals a similar thread on the very subject. Maybe your question/s can be addressed there. No need to be so defensive.

http://gtaforums.com...c-and-xbox-one/

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Blunt Master Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:40 AM

youre forgetting theyre gonna release it on PC so.................

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users