I wanna share an idea i got today while thinking about GTA V on PC/X1/PS4.
In my opinion there should be more insects in the game. Since R* adds animals to next gen versions I think some insects would be cool for the game.
Hopefully R* adds some snakes for the deserts.. and horses at the farms. But I'd like some insects.
So here my suggestions.
- We already have flies and butterflies.
- Grasshoppers would be cool.
- Ants and anthills. They should cause damage to your protag if you step into an anthill.
- Fireflies at night would look awesome.
- Mosquitos that stick your protag. It shouldn't affect his health, he should just hit the mosquito dead with a quick animation while you play. Just for some realism or so.
- Bees and beehives. They should hunt and injure you if you destroy their beehive. They'll leave you alone if you jump into the water and dive our you throw molotov cocktails at them.
- Ticks. I think - since R* added grass to the countryside - there should be ticks in the game that bite you. It should affect your health and your protagonist should sometimes get borreliosis which causes you to go to the hospital. Borreliosis should cause pain to the character, therefore he shouldn't be able to walk that fast and he should be exhausted quickly. It should be very rare, of course and not during missions because that would be annoying.
- to be continued, but I would be happy with these.
What I also missed in GTA are injuries and diseases.
- If you fall from a wall or you make strange movements you should sometimes (not too often) get a blockade in your back which costs your character the ability to move properly. There should be physiotherpaists who heal your character.
- There should be desmorhexxis in the game (knee or ankle f. e.) which cause you to visit the hospital. Otherwise you will loose health and your protagonist can't move properly.
- Inflammations would be cool (if you do too much Thriatlons f. e. => overstressing => inflammation in protags body, for example at the pubis bone or at the adductors). They should also cause slow movement for the protag. You should be able to take medicamens that heal you.
- If you're outside at rainy/cold days and you wear only a t-shirt (or just some underpants like Trevor) you should get ill (SOMETIMES!) and get an infection. You should be able to infect peds with your disease. But it costs you some health every day and you must visit the doctor.
- Fractures if you fall from higher altitude or someone punches you very hard with a golf club or so. (=> hospital).
- Borreliosis/Lyme disease because of ticks (like I said before).
- to be continued. All those injuries should be very rare and not in missions, otherwise it would be very annoying of course.
Oh, and I wanna apologize for my English. I'm a german speaking guy from Bosnia.