Photo

How to Deal With Combat Roll Abusers

92 replies to this topic
We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Massacromance

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:44 PM Edited by We Are Ninja, 12 June 2014 - 04:45 PM.

IF THIS BIG WALL OF TEXT LOOKS TOO INTIMIDATING, JUST READ THE STUFF IN BOLD FOR THE TL; DR VERSION...

This was a great post. Loved the amount of detail you put into.

My solutions aren't nearly as in depth as yours lol however, I still believe them to be effective. Hasn't failed me yet. Keep in my, I like to camp 60% of the time so my whole approach to it was different.

-my primary tactic is explosives! When they combat roll, they don't move to far out a certain radius, especially since they roll left to right more often than in one repeated direction. When they do this, you keep calm, take your RPG or grenade launcher and launch it at them (beside to aim it at the ground around them. If you aim it up in the air, it has a higher chance of missing. You don't need a direct hit, just the splash damage)

-to add on to that explosives tactic, if you happen to be behind a corner and they run out in the open, a well placed sticky bomb works wonders! This by far is my favorite and has served me the most ever since I had this one used on me.

-Free aim strafing with the combat MG is a decent tactic. With 200 rounds on the extended clip, you shouldn't get caught reloading out in the open (hate when that happens). Whether it's you or him, SOMEBODY is gonna die before you shoot 200 rounds :p

-miniguns are risky, but effective. Since they are free aim weapons, you can let the guy roll all day! Lol. They have no reload, and deliver devastating damage quickly, so it's a perfect solution if you have a steady hand and can steady your aim before he lands enough shots. Just be sure to still strafe.

-the shotgun has already been mentioned, and does have a powerful spread, but at times I use the AP pistol.
"The AP what?" Yes, the AP pistol. It's a pistol so it's handling is quick and easy, and in my experience you can better target someone in between rolls. It's pretty accurate in close range. It doesn't do heavy damage, but if your precise you can land a headshot fairly quickly.

-If your are caught out in the open, (which I try not to be.) and the guy is spamming the combat roll, the best thing really is to watch him move and feel it out, even if it costs you a kill or two (be patient). Most players repeat the same pattern over and over again. So after you got his game, you can consistently lock and release your aim right along with the timing of his rolls, getting in shots until he's dead. Sometimes players are predictable to the point where I headshot them as they go down for the roll... And never get back up lol. You just gotta roll with the punches as they say.

-last but not least, combat roll right with him! If he can do it, so can you. Roll with him until he pauses, and then roll some more, shooting the whole time. This is meant to be more taunting than anything else, so be wise lol.

These are all things that have worked for me at one time or another, so feel free to try then and do what suits you best.
Disclaimer: the effectiveness of any of these is always dependent on the skill of whoever tries them.

^ That's also damned good advice... o.O

• RoyalRedXIII likes this

justinlynch3
  • justinlynch3

GTA legit player

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:46 PM

How the hell do you combat roll, I knew knew how. lol

Jehannum
  • Jehannum

High in the sky

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:55 PM

Great thread. Always hated those c*nts. Me, I can't be arsed to combat roll. I just snipe snipe snipe from the rooftops!

• We Are Ninja and TCA like this

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Massacromance

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:00 PM

How the hell do you combat roll, I knew knew how. lol

Press square and hold a direction while you're locked onto someone.

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:05 PM

IF THIS BIG WALL OF TEXT LOOKS TOO INTIMIDATING, JUST READ THE STUFF IN BOLD FOR THE TL; DR VERSION...

This was a great post. Loved the amount of detail you put into.
My solutions aren't nearly as in depth as yours lol however, I still believe them to be effective... /

^ That's also damned good advice... o.O

Glad I could help! Often the best way to beat something is to know it first. If you've ever tried being a combat-rolling-spammer, you realize quickly the different ways you get wasted lol. So like with anything, all you do is take that perspective and use it to your advantage.

I'm also glad I decided to take a look in this sub forum and instead of the main pages. Smh it's too many attention seekers, elitists and trolls to be able to honestly offer any help to someone -.- lol.
  • We Are Ninja likes this

Fonshway
  • Fonshway

Mirror Park Citizen

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:11 PM Edited by Lazy Mofo, 12 June 2014 - 10:15 PM.

I call them rolly polies, because all they do is roll around and act like they're somehow better than you. The key is to roll when they are about halfway done with their own roll, so they're standing still when your roll is complete and you can shoot them. If need be I just shoot an RPG at them, which is usually followed by them complaining about my RPG even though the only weapon they know how to use is the assault shotgun (which takes so much skill to use obviously).

I call them roly polies too haha :D

OT: It's not an exploit, it's a useful mechanic to avoid aim bot. I gotta admit though, I find it really annoying when they do it to me, mostly because of lag, therefore most of the time it's useless to combat them by rolling after they do. My suggestion is stay behind cover and RPG, gets them almost every time.
  • We Are Ninja and Megakillertron like this

Megakillertron
  • Megakillertron

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:29 PM Edited by Megakillertron, 12 June 2014 - 11:33 PM.

ITT: Cry-babies bawling about combat-rolling being 'exploited' while they 'exploit' auto-aim from behind cover.

• 1DrfL and himynameisdamien like this

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:55 PM

ITT: Cry-babies bawling about combat-rolling being 'exploited' while they 'exploit' auto-aim from behind cover.

Lol, no one is whining here. This is titled HOW TO DEAL WITH COMBAT ROLL ABUSERS. So obviously, these are people who decided to discuss strategy as opposed to whine.

If you wanna see real crybabies, read this thread from the main page.

http://gtaforums.com...tupid-retarded/

Megakillertron
  • Megakillertron

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:04 AM

Lol, no one is whining here. This is titled HOW TO DEAL WITH COMBAT ROLL ABUSERS. So obviously, these are people who decided to discuss strategy as opposed to whine.

If you wanna see real crybabies, read this thread from the main page.

http://gtaforums.com...tupid-retarded/

The OPs post is laced with tears.

You read the thread, i posted in it several times.

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:17 AM

If you wanna see real crybabies, read this thread from the main page.http://gtaforums.com...tupid-retarded/

Maybe we are reading different OPs.

The discussion in the other thread contains more of "combat rolling is stupid" kind of comments.

And sorry, being that it's 8 pages, I didn't feel like searching for what you said lol. I'm sure it was something substantial tho.

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Massacromance

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:18 AM

Yeah. You got me. My vag is sore just thinking about it...

That said, I sure hope you play better than you troll.

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 04:23 AM

I played Free Aim, i did well but could practice and get better but you know what, i dont have time to become a free aim expert in my life right now. So im sticking to auto-aim until im forced otherwise.
If you are a Free Aim Champion, good for you, i mean that. It means you have better dexterity and reflexes on a joystick than me and your TV is probably nicer than mine so you should feel proud of all that but i enjoy the game in the manner that is more fun for me and after all, that is why i play-----so i found that i have more fun on Auto-Aim than Free Aim, plain and simple.
Anyone on Auto-Aim can master Free Aim and vice versa with some serious practice so just because us AA guys dont choose to play in FA , it shouldnt mean we dont have the ability to learn how to, we choose to play the way we like because we dont really give a fug what anyone else thinks.
And lets face it, if AA was so "easy" as you FA Champs put it, then why
Isnt everyone sporting 5.0 K/D Ratios in the AA lobbies?
I have 411 Deathmatch wins and my K/D Ratio is a meager 1.56, i sure wish AA was as easy as you all make it sound because i'd love to sport a higher ratio considering i have 3,500 more player kills than player deaths and while that may not be a lot to you champs, im satisfied with that number and the only one i have to please in a video game world is myself.
  • We Are Ninja and paulmgrath like this

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:33 AM

i find that rolling myself or a rocket works well since im usually already pointed at his location and can usually switch weapon and fire before hes done rolling, sometimes if hes really good on the headshot he will kill me too, but as long as i get him i dont care, lol!

Fearx--
  • Fearx--

The Shape

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:49 AM

Call yourself ninja, can't hit a muthaf*cka rollin on the ground...pathetic.

I'm gonna laugh when(since it's a f*cking shooter), gta6 has no remnant of an auto lock system, playing the game for you scrubs.

Gonna lose a lot players aren't we? if we can even call 'em players.

and fearx....your either.

-A badkid playing a shooter with auto aim on

-Just a badkid

How many times we gotta say it? we roll too, and we're better at it, cause we actually dodge each others shots...and actually shoot each other.

I am an experienced free aimer myself so don't make assumptions. I played IV on free aim a lot. This game is a pain in the ass with free aim because no one plays deathmatches or missions in free aim lobbies and I have to keep changing back aim settings by exiting online. Would be much better if this game was free aim only. But I play what's the most commonly played.

Megakillertron
  • Megakillertron

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:30 PM Edited by Megakillertron, 13 June 2014 - 03:33 PM.

If you wanna see real crybabies, read this thread from the main page.http://gtaforums.com...tupid-retarded/

The discussion in the other thread contains more of "combat rolling is stupid" kind of comments.

And sorry, being that it's 8 pages, I didn't feel like searching for what you said lol. I'm sure it was something substantial tho.

With words like 'abusers', 'exploit', 'obnoxious' and 'annoying' he is whining.

Also whining:

'f*cking combat roll'

'Always hated those c*nts'

If you're going to post a link at least know what it contains.

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Massacromance

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:58 PM

Also whining:

'f*cking combat roll'

And now you're whining about us "whining"... Constructive.

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:59 PM

Also whining:

'f*cking combat roll'

Lol if your so tuned in to key words you neglect what the topic is meant to accomplish, then I don't know what to tell you.

He said how he felt. But he choose to deal with it by discussing strategy.

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 04:30 PM

I get the feeling that you completely ignored all of the tactics and strategy, and overall content isted the the OP. (Lol which is baffling considering how long it is. I mean 'obnoxious' and 'exploit' are only a handful of words compared to the hundreds of words in that post.)

At any rate, you contributed no advice of your own to the thread. I believe that could be considered heckling. If you had some constructive advice, that's fine. But as far as I see, heckling AND whining accomplish the same thing in this context: nothing.

So if you wanna heckle, please, just take that to a forum on the main page.

Megakillertron
  • Megakillertron

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:19 PM

Also whining:

'f*cking combat roll'

Lol if your so tuned in to key words you neglect what the topic is meant to accomplish, then I don't know what to tell you.

It doesn't matter how few words he used with negative connotations in comparison to the whole. It sets a tone.

If you want advice maybe you should read my posts in this thread: http://gtaforums.com...tupid-retarded/

Now quit your whining and dry your eyes.

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Massacromance

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:25 PM Edited by We Are Ninja, 13 June 2014 - 05:36 PM.

Megakillertron... Please.

No one cares about your lack of reading comprehension.

No one cares if you were put off by my tone.

No one cares how skilled you are.

No one cares how poorly you troll threads.

The purpose of this thread was to offer a little advice to anyone that was having trouble with people that spammed the combat roll function. You've posted here several times and I still have no idea what your purpose or goal is, aside from brushing the sand out of your vagina and into this thread...

1DrfL
  • 1DrfL

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:27 PM

I don't think I even know what a 'combat roll' is, I don't think it's actually a thing, just a phrase some butthurt noob on these forums coined and now it's stuck. 

I know what rolling is and I know its embedded in the DNA of R* games, at least where close range deathmatch/ pvp is concerned. Better advice would be to tell people to use it more. 

In any DM/ TDM situation you have to strike a balance between camping like a bitch the whole game barely making an impact, and running around in the open like a headless chicken being killed repeatedly. For the average player, the roll is an important part of finding that balance, allowing greater movement and therefore better strategy. I think of rolling as a 'quick cover' method and find it useful in all kinds of situations both defensive and attacking. 

So go ahead and flame, call me a whiner or a troll and hit me with childish doge memes, but sorry OP, your well intended advice is clearly laced in butthurt and will only encourage wall hugging failures. 
  • Megakillertron likes this

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Massacromance

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:45 PM

I don't think I even know what a 'combat roll' is, I don't think it's actually a thing, just a phrase some butthurt noob on these forums coined and now it's stuck. 

I know what rolling is and I know its embedded in the DNA of R* games, at least where close range deathmatch/ pvp is concerned. Better advice would be to tell people to use it more. 

In any DM/ TDM situation you have to strike a balance between camping like a bitch the whole game barely making an impact, and running around in the open like a headless chicken being killed repeatedly. For the average player, the roll is an important part of finding that balance, allowing greater movement and therefore better strategy. I think of rolling as a 'quick cover' method and find it useful in all kinds of situations both defensive and attacking. 

So go ahead and flame, call me a whiner or a troll and hit me with childish doge memes, but sorry OP, your well intended advice is clearly laced in butthurt and will only encourage wall hugging failures. 

It's kind of unsettling how you guys are so obsessed with rectal discomfort... And it's infinitely amusing that you can somehow read a post on a forum and deduce a person's emotional state. But thanks for making an actual contribution to the thread.

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:58 PM

Also whining:

'f*cking combat roll'

It doesn't matter how few words he used with negative connotations in comparison to the whole. It sets a tone.

If you want advice maybe you should read my posts in this thread: http://gtaforums.com...tupid-retarded/

Now quit your whining and dry your eyes.

Lol good one troll! I actually took you seriously for a second.

I am no longer entertaining you. It would seem as if you didn't even read the last post I addressed to you.

For one, others may have "whined" as you call it, but I have done no such thing.

Secondly, I am in need of no help. If you had read my posts, you would see that I offered my own strategies

Even if I did need help, I'm certainly not going to sift thru 8 pages of a thread titled "COMBAT ROLLING- STUPID AND RETARDED." It sounds like something belonging in the "Bitching and Moaning" thread.

LightningLord411
  • LightningLord411

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:40 PM

Every time I see someone combat roll I just use the Assault Shotgun and kill them. Seriously, stop doing that. It doesn't do anything. :p

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:57 PM

Every time I see someone combat roll I just use the Assault Shotgun and kill them. Seriously, stop doing that. It doesn't do anything. :p

its very effecting in auto aim lobbies,lol

• Fearx-- likes this

LightningLord411
  • LightningLord411

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 13 June 2014 - 07:01 PM

its very effecting in auto aim lobbies,lol

The only way I see combat rolling being effective is when you roll then immediately take cover. Using combat roll doesn't remove the lock on.

Megakillertron
  • Megakillertron

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 07:18 PM

Lol good one troll! I actually took you seriously for a second.

I am no longer entertaining you. It would seem as if you didn't even read the last post I addressed to you.

For one, others may have "whined" as you call it, but I have done no such thing.

Secondly, I am in need of no help. If you had read my posts, you would see that I offered my own strategies

Even if I did need help, I'm certainly not going to sift thru 8 pages of a thread titled "COMBAT ROLLING- STUPID AND RETARDED." It sounds like something belonging in the "Bitching and Moaning" thread.

Most of what you say is garbage, therefore irrelevant and not worth discussing. And i don't want to be derailed.

Why not? You might find something useful.

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 07:53 PM Edited by RoyalRedXIII, 13 June 2014 - 07:53 PM.

I am no longer entertaining you.

Blah blah blah blah garbage blah blah not worth discussing blah blah blah something useful.
Kk.
0_0.jpg

HexagoN
  • HexagoN

Greenback Boogie

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:12 PM

People who hates combat rolling are also a camper, unfortunately.

• Megakillertron likes this

SMFtwstdHICK
  • SMFtwstdHICK

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:53 PM

I would to the combat roll if it would work for me. But, I have enough of a hard time just aiming in Free mode. LOL Which, usually doesn't turn out well either..

Some of these players man, are just good at that sh*t.. I just call it the rollie pollie because it is what it looks like, If it words for em. Great.. And, with that being great for them. it usually sucks for me..

And f*ck no. I ain't going to some Auto Aim lobby. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users