Quantcast

» «
Photo

Guess the release month.

386 replies to this topic

Poll: Release month? (562 member(s) have cast votes)

Release month?

1. August (10 votes [1.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.78%

2. September (243 votes [43.24%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 43.24%

3. October (180 votes [32.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 32.03%

4. November (84 votes [14.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.95%

5. December (11 votes [1.96%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.96%

6. Later (Delay) (33 votes [5.87%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.87%

7. Never (will be canceled) (1 votes [0.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.18%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Aleph-Zero
  • Aleph-Zero

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 days ago

I sure as hell hope it's before november. I'll have at least a solid month to play the game.

• Big Danny K likes this

tomsk222
  • tomsk222

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 2 days ago Edited by tomsk222, 2 days ago.

Hoping for a September 16th worldwide release.

qweqwu
  • qweqwu

Shut up, kid.

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 days ago Edited by qweqwu, 2 days ago.

With every day that passes that becomes more and more unlikely... :cry:

It's less than two months away, chances are very slim...

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 2 days ago

You know what's funny? Very rarely does something like this come along, GTA V, where I look FORWARD to time flying by. I can't wait for months to slip away so I can experience something.

Reality? Time is precious. We all have a timeline with a beginning and an end. How far off that end is will vary, but one thing is for sure: these moments in-between only occur once, and we should not be wasting them wishing time to fly just so we can play a videogame. So would it be nice if the game came sooner? Sure. But I am not going to stress over it and try to make the time fly. Enjoy it guys. The game will arrive before you know it. And then you'll think back on the time before it and say where did the time go?

mszigeti
  • mszigeti

Player Hater

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 2 days ago

14th of November it is. Most of the distributors confirmed this date.

jdwarfer
  • jdwarfer

Break me a creeper, I'll be back for Christmas

• Members

Posted 2 days ago

Coolstore and ... ?

I don't trust any release date given by retailers.

• CartmanKusanagi likes this

Geeteeaifive
  • Geeteeaifive

Andrew

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 2 days ago

Well just have to wait a few more months :(

Snorlax
  • Snorlax

Rat

• Members
  • Armenia

Posted 2 days ago Edited by Snorlax, 2 days ago.

October 28th is probably when it'll happen. Perfect lineup of variables.

Wish it was earlier but I won't be disappointed if it lands on this day. Better than November or even December, both of which are possible release windows given their estimate of "fall/autumn".

Not at all.

Dutchveteran's post outlined percisely why that is a bad time-frame to release it.

http://gtaforums.com...entry1065784507

Btw, the latter part of september is also possible, considering it's the start of fall.

sorry, but this is nonsense.

With every day that passes that becomes more and more unlikely... :cry:

It's less than two months away, chances are very slim...

considering how ridiculous r*'s release times have been in the last years, i wouldn't bet on september, but it's not unlikely either. this game doesn't require any more extended marketing periods. 1 month, or less even of marketing would be more than suffiecient for the new versions. if they extend it beyond that, than it's because of other factors not related to promoting the game.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Uncle T

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 days ago Edited by Xerukal, 2 days ago.

Most distributors? What? The one site that instantly changed from November 14th to December 31st?

They're all placeholders, people. There will be no leaks because even Rockstar doesn't know the bloody date yet. And if they did, they wouldn't be so eager to give it to a bunch of retailers a few months before the start of the release window.

• ARC8_1982 likes this

.Michael De Santa.
  • .Michael De Santa.

Mastermind

• Members

Posted 2 days ago

I don't really know anymore. It seems less and less likely that the release date would be in September as they would have to announce it by now. I'm guessing they either want to keep it a real secret until a week before release (really unlikely) or the release date is going to be in either October, November or in extreme circumstances, December.

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 days ago

Most distributors? What? The one site that instantly changed from November 14th to December 31st?

They're all placeholders, people. There will be no leaks because even Rockstar doesn't know the bloody date yet. And if they did, they wouldn't be so eager to give it to a bunch of retailers a few months before the start of the release window.

^ This

You guys need to remember R* is an extremely secretive company. The only people that know how the development is going is the people working on it and possibly the bosses. That's why most leaks we see from R* are only found in the code. Other leaks happen when another company is involved, like the E3 leak. The game will come when it comes, all "leaked" release dates are just guesses. 

• ARC8_1982 likes this

Bonaldo
  • Bonaldo

Playa

• Members

Posted A day ago

If no news this month, then it most likely won't come in September

It will be October or November, hopefully not December

• ARC8_1982 likes this

-inVADER-
  • -inVADER-

Have you met my lovely wife, Laura? No! Well, unfortunatel

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted A day ago

Just preorder it for 28.11.2014.

Choteron
  • Choteron

Yes, GTA V for PC finally announced :)

• Members
  • None

Posted A day ago Edited by Choteron, A day ago.

We are almost in august and no news.

This means (if they release the game in september) that they only have one month and maybe a few weeks to promote the game.

In only 30 - 45 days, i think that they need to:

Release PC specs

Release HD screens

Release a video or a post explaining the improvements

Announce the preorder and their details

Release the launch trailer

utack
  • utack

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted A day ago

We are almost in august and no news.

This means (if they release the game in september) that they only have one month and maybe a few weeks to promote the game.

Well the hype does not last too long.

I guess they either make a quick release, announce something two weeks before and keep the hype up.

Or more likely they will hype it with new information, let the hype slow down again, hype it again shortly before and then release.

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A day ago

Why make a big fuss about it when most gamers know about it? It only needs to do well on PC to start breaking records again.

To get to $1B:

If it costs $39.99 then a little over 25 million people would need to buy it.

@$49.99 it would take a little over 20 million.

I'm not saying that it's going to do that well but there is potential considering 25 million is only ~33% of the total active steam users and if it sells at 49.99... well... that's about 26%.  

Again, I'm not saying it will do that well, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it re-break at least 1 record.

TheMarc102
  • TheMarc102

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

I'm hoping for September, but Rockstar likes to keep everything a secret. 

Njale
  • Njale

Prankster

• Members

Posted 20 hours ago

Why make a big fuss about it when most gamers know about it? It only needs to do well on PC to start breaking records again.

To get to $1B:

I'm not saying that it's going to do that well but there is potential considering 25 million is only ~33% of the total active steam users and if it sells at 49.99... well... that's about 26%.  

Again, I'm not saying it will do that well, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it re-break at least 1 record.

You do realize that out of the whole steam user database only like 20% max has the specs to run GTA V? On top of that maybe 5% of those 20% will buy the game.

Aleph-Zero
  • Aleph-Zero

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 hours ago

You do realize that out of the whole steam user database only like 20% max has the specs to run GTA V? On top of that maybe 5% of those 20% will buy the game.

And you say that based on what? Your crystal ball? :rol:

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 hours ago Edited by TheMcSame, 12 hours ago.

To get to $1B:

Only 20% have the specs? There's pulling numbers out your ass and then there's that.

Also, I think you missed the part where I said "I'm not saying it will do that well".

utack
  • utack

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 9 hours ago Edited by utack, 8 hours ago.

Only 20% have the specs? There's pulling numbers out your ass and then there's that.

http://store.steampo...rvey/videocard/

Quickly adding up from the list resulted in 23%.

And I am sure I missed some cards, left out all mobile cards completely and many Intel HD4000 cards are surely dual GPU setup's with only Intel detected. Plus there is also "other" which includes even more.

So at least 1/3 of people can run it, likely many more.

Sticking with the 11Mio copies on PC for now. We'll see!

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 8 hours ago

And I am sure I missed some cards, left out all mobile cards completely and many Intel HD4000 cards are surely dual GPU setup's with only Intel detected. Plus there is also "other" which includes even more.

Honestly, an optional survey means nothing imo. 23% of people in an optional survey is different to 23% of 75 million people.

ARC8_1982
  • ARC8_1982

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 8 hours ago Edited by ARC8_1982, 8 hours ago.

Most of us realize that the game will be only for those with high-end computers maybe mid to high,sadly,but what to expect from one of the biggest releases,it's a game for tomorrows setups :( some wont have the chance to even try it,due to high demands,you just cant expect that complex game to be friendly with low-end computers :(

utack
  • utack

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 7 hours ago

Most of us realize that the game will be only for those with high-end computers maybe mid to high,sadly,but what to expect from one of the biggest releases,it's a game for tomorrows setups :( some wont have the chance to even try it,due to high demands,you just cant expect that complex game to be friendly with low-end computers :(

Well I always remember what I read in an article: Publishers want to sell their games to as many people as possible, so they will all run decently on medium machines as well.

mszigeti
  • mszigeti

Player Hater

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 2 hours ago

If no news this month, then it most likely won't come in September

It will be October or November, hopefully not December

It was pretty obvious from the beginning that it's not gonna be september, i don't know why are people still hoping for this.. total nonsense

qweqwu
  • qweqwu

Shut up, kid.

• Members
  • None

Posted 57 minutes ago Edited by qweqwu, 55 minutes ago.

considering how ridiculous r*'s release times have been in the last years, i wouldn't bet on september, but it's not unlikely either. this game doesn't require any more extended marketing periods. 1 month, or less even of marketing would be more than suffiecient for the new versions. if they extend it beyond that, than it's because of other factors not related to promoting the game.

You guys said the same thing in november last year, they can release it in december, they don't need more than one month to promote it, and here we are, ~ 8 months later, still no release date, f*ck me.

I bet they are only taking their time with the release just so more people buy the new consoles => better sales, I'm willing to bet my left testicle they've already finished the game for pc, motherf*ckers.

ARC8_1982
  • ARC8_1982

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 32 minutes ago

I wouldn't be surprised if they delay the game,that would explain this painful silence,there must be obstacles,some problems :( there's nothing to talk about yet...:( There's lot's of new info and media for us,they said to stay tuned in the weeks and months to come,which is why i think there are atleast couple of months before they release the game,that's why i doubt so much in 2014 release.I desire GTA V,i want it to become reality as soon as posible,but this is not cool,this silence i mean.Now only if they were as much passionate with giving us new info as they post these ******* articles on *wire,seriously !

• Antaxi likes this

4 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users