15 replies to this topic
AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Eat, drink and be scary.

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Second Best Alien

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:45 PM

The main GTA Online forum has been just filling up with "Next" Gen stuff, i'm thinking we might benifit from adding a sub forum for all of the talk to keep much of it out of the standard thread-lists?

• BOSS 302 likes this

Franceska
  • Franceska

• The Connection
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:12 PM

The main GTA Online forum has been just filling up with "Next" Gen stuff, i'm thinking we might benifit from adding a sub forum for all of the talk to keep much of it out of the standard thread-lists?

While it's true the GTAO forum has been filling up with "Next" Current-Gen, I don't see why a separate sub-forum for Current gen stuff would be useful, as it's just a hype, and will be over in a few weeks or so. 

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Eat, drink and be scary.

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Second Best Alien

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:27 PM

While it's true the GTAO forum has been filling up with "Next" Current-Gen, I don't see why a separate sub-forum for Current gen stuff would be useful, as it's just a hype, and will be over in a few weeks or so. 

"Current" gen... oy, hard to swallow that pill because it means I use antiquated tech.

OT:  Good point... i'm in panic mode here at work and I think it's bleeding over into this realm, for me.

BOSS 302
  • BOSS 302

your drinking m8

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:24 PM

I'd agree with that.

DJ Insanity
  • DJ Insanity

Hustler

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:00 PM

Can someone please create a sub forum for Next Gen GTA Stuff? I see a lot of people posting in the GTA Online forum and it's not even about GTA Online.

BOSS 302
  • BOSS 302

your drinking m8

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:17 AM

Can someone please create a sub forum for Next Gen GTA Stuff? I see a lot of people posting in the GTA Online forum and it's not even about GTA Online.

The GTAO section is extremely populated, so it's hard for the mods and led-bys to deal with everything there, I think.

Franceska
  • Franceska

• The Connection
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:19 PM

The GTAO section is extremely populated, so it's hard for the mods and led-bys to deal with everything there, I think.

They have members reporting stuff helping them out through this way.
If it's getting too busy, they'll add more led-by's.
  • BOSS 302 likes this

BOSS 302
  • BOSS 302

your drinking m8

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:04 PM Edited by BOSS 302, 16 June 2014 - 01:06 PM.

And the discussion about a new section for PS4 / Xbone continues

http://gtaforums.com...l/?p=1065602025

and someone who doesn't like my opinion is deleting my posts.

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:46 AM

Yeah, we definitely need a new section for Current Gen talk. PC got one so why not Current Gen?

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:48 AM

Yeah, we definitely need a new section for Current Gen talk. PC got one so why not Current Gen?

I imagine the Xbox One and PS4 are as closed as their predecessors.  In essence, they are basically the same as their fathers, but with more fire power.

The PC on the other hand is a completely different beast.  Open (not as in open source!) operating systems like Windows, OS X and other Unix-derivatives allow users to investing files, alter then and whatnot (even if it breaks the game), an ability not available on consoles.

I have yet to see a large modding community surrounding console based games.  I assume both Sony and Microsoft are considering it for their consoles, but it isn't really happening yet.

In any case, given this significant difference between the PC release and the console releases, PC certainly merit its own subforum, but I don't think more draw depth does.

• Insert-Coin-To-Continue likes this

Franceska
  • Franceska

• The Connection
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:55 PM

--

Plus it's not even entirely sure Online is mod-able like Singleplayer will be. Even for PC.

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:53 PM

I remember that in IV, whoever edited the files would be put into sessions with other modders, perhaps Rockstar might reimplement that system for Online on PC?

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago

Because PC is PC, and a console isn't a PC

There's no reason for two forums to play the same game...there's already no reason for the "Gameplay" subforum because people just post in the main GTA V & Online forum

I remember that in IV, whoever edited the files would be put into sessions with other modders, perhaps Rockstar might reimplement that system for Online on PC?

They'll have a file check on connection or something of the sort, REAL hackers (not "modders") could do a lot of damage to Online on PC
  • RyanBurnsRed likes this

Android
  • Android

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 4 days ago

I would see this as a great opportunity to add the new sub-forum. We're only weeks away from the release of GTA V on both Xbox One and PlayStation 4. This addition would also tidy some of the conversations up.

Franceska
  • Franceska

• The Connection
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 days ago

What's wrong with just the sections we have now? Just make clear it's about the new gen when making a thread in the main sections.

uNi
  • uNi

Cyclop 9

• None

Posted 4 days ago

I imagine the Xbox One and PS4 are as closed as their predecessors.  In essence, they are basically the same as their fathers, but with more fire power.

The PC on the other hand is a completely different beast.  Open (not as in open source!) operating systems like Windows, OS X and other Unix-derivatives allow users to investing files, alter then and whatnot (even if it breaks the game), an ability not available on consoles.

I have yet to see a large modding community surrounding console based games.  I assume both Sony and Microsoft are considering it for their consoles, but it isn't really happening yet.

In any case, given this significant difference between the PC release and the console releases, PC certainly merit its own subforum, but I don't think more draw depth does.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users