Quantcast

» «
Photo

did the new trailer make the game look gta iv'ish?

17 replies to this topic
Smitty_G
  • Smitty_G

Packie McQueery

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:23 PM

i feel like it seems more solid, maybe im being tricked by the lighting and graphics but its reminding me of that liberty city look. perhaps somewhat of gta ivs euphoria will be in this game cause they have more space for it with the next gen. what do you think?

RominOctane
  • RominOctane

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:30 PM

Yes definitely. The objects did look more refined and...well...solid. It's kind of hard to explain but their is just something about the last gen version that made objects like cars look like they weren't solid. Unlike iv
  • AndrewDeSanta and fac316 like this

fac316
  • fac316

Hustler

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:33 PM

lol, time to save up for a ps4/xbox1/pc

Smitty_G
  • Smitty_G

Packie McQueery

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:41 AM

i agree, does anyone else bet on better physics? does improved car damage basically state a change in the phys engine?

• MrPeteyMax likes this

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:02 AM

I think it's just R*'s decision. Remember how they talked about GTA IV's physics way back in the GI article? They think they fixed IV's physics and sadly, too many people agree. To them, it is improved in GTA V. They want it to be more casual, and in a way I don't blame them. I remember cringing when I would watch a video of someone driving in GTA IV. Most people really did suck. I bet the percentage would be well above 75% terrible drivers. 

Now look at GTA V videos. People are much better at driving, and they probably make GTA V look good, even if it doesn't feel as good to those of us who enjoyed the hell out of IV's handling and damage physics. 

• fac316 and adictoGTA like this

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:16 AM

I hope the game on current gen isn't like GTA 4.  I want the same physics, upgraded damage (GTA 5 vehicle damage, GTA 4 vehicle toughness), in car camera, overall better graphics.

AndrewDeSanta
  • AndrewDeSanta

Republitarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:20 AM Edited by AndrewDeSanta, 11 June 2014 - 05:21 AM.

Yes, it definitely reminded me of GTA IV. The rain scene at the docks for sure. I hope we see some sort of improvement to euphoria considering the new hardware. 

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:45 AM

lol, time to save up for a ps4/xbox1/pc

and an HD tv I still got a standard. this is gonna be an expensive transition.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:50 AM

The answer to this question can be found in my signature.

bensons
  • bensons

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:52 AM

Depends on the time of day it was filmed.

ArchKnight
  • ArchKnight

Dodge Chargerô

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:54 AM

No. I'm sure this has been brought several times during IV v/s V debate, but GTA IV and V have pretty different graphics and the difference is more than noticeable. The trailer uses 1080p resolution, which is in higher quality as compared to darkish environment of Liberty City in IV.
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond likes this

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

DON'T TOUCH ME YOU FILTHY CASUAL

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:58 AM

i agree, does anyone else bet on better physics? does improved car damage basically state a change in the phys engine?

All I've wanted since playing GTA V for the first time was better crumple physics for cars.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:03 PM

How does a NG Remake of a Fine Last-Gen Game anywhere like a Dark depressing game from 2008?lol i dont even know what to say.
  • Trevorphilipjfry likes this

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

Xbox Gamertag: ImThe7thOne

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:08 PM

In my opinion, I don't want 4's car handling. It was sloppy, and you had to be a pro NASCAR driver to complete the chase missions. Also, I hope the physics in general stay the same, but I wouldn't mind a few changes, such as button remapping. Also, maybe some destructable environments as well, like trees, rocks, etc. But not buildings.

Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:34 PM

In my opinion, I don't want 4's car handling. It was sloppy, and you had to be a pro NASCAR driver to complete the chase missions. Also, I hope the physics in general stay the same, but I wouldn't mind a few changes, such as button remapping. Also, maybe some destructable environments as well, like trees, rocks, etc. But not buildings.

Pro NASCAR driver? You serious? It seems like every player that doesn't like the driving is a NASCAR driver, hasn't heard of a break pedal nor a right hand turn.

darkplague
  • darkplague

Instigater

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:30 PM Edited by darkplague, 11 June 2014 - 01:30 PM.

Pro NASCAR driver? You serious? It seems like every player that doesn't like the driving is a NASCAR driver, hasn't heard of a break pedal nor a right hand turn.

Agreed. I actually liked how the Brakes were given a purpose in GTA;IV.

• fac316, esato and Sting4S like this

MrSemiFunny
  • MrSemiFunny

hay

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:08 PM

RAGE ENGINE

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:30 PM Edited by Sting4S, 20 July 2014 - 10:31 PM.

Yes. Liberty City did have a great, solid feeling even though the graphics were lacking compared to GTA V's Los Santos. Everything in V felt shallow except for a few super detailed places like Vespucci or Chumash.

It was sloppy, and you had to be a pro NASCAR driver to complete the chase missions.

I lol'd. You're a sh*t driver.

• adictoGTA likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users