Quantcast

» «
Photo

[V] Steam

36,664 replies to this topic

Poll: Preorder month (950 member(s) have cast votes)

When will the preorder option on steam be available for GTA V PC?

1. November (18 votes [1.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.89%

2. December (137 votes [14.42%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.42%

3. January (598 votes [62.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 62.95%

4. other.. (197 votes [20.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.74%

Vote Guests cannot vote
cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 July 2016 - 08:38 AM

So has anyone ever had any trouble with trying to use DSR with GTA V? I'm trying to use 1.78 factor so I can downscale 1440p to my 1080p screen, when I select 1440p in-game - literally nothing changes. Switching between 1080p and 1440p ingame is instant, because literally nothing is happening. They both look exactly the same, I can tell because of the awful amount of jaggies still present when applying 1440p. What the f*ck? I'm in Windowed Borderless by the way since I know downscaling is broke/messes up the aliasing and slighty stretches stuff in Fullscreen.

gajrajgchouhan
  • gajrajgchouhan

tommycjnikojohnnyluis fan

• Members
  • India

Posted 30 July 2016 - 11:39 AM

So has anyone ever had any trouble with trying to use DSR with GTA V? I'm trying to use 1.78 factor so I can downscale 1440p to my 1080p screen, when I select 1440p in-game - literally nothing changes. Switching between 1080p and 1440p ingame is instant, because literally nothing is happening. They both look exactly the same, I can tell because of the awful amount of jaggies still present when applying 1440p. What the f*ck? I'm in Windowed Borderless by the way since I know downscaling is broke/messes up the aliasing and slighty stretches stuff in Fullscreen.

Did you tried any other window modes ? Or other resolution ?
  • cp1dell likes this

_MK_
  • _MK_

46EEK572

• Members
  • None
  • [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015]Best Scenery
    [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015]Best Filtered

Posted 30 July 2016 - 12:10 PM Edited by _MK_, 30 July 2016 - 12:15 PM.

Seems like you're experiencing that issue where no matter what res you're on the jaggies remain,other words AA is broken,like this: http://gtaforums.com...no-matter-what/

The difference between 1080p and 2440p (both are at the same settings 2XMSAA):

kpqXQk9.jpg

As the reason why it seems the same for you is that the difference between the two is just a bit sharper image and less jaggies,but in your case AA is broke so you wouldn't see any difference unless you grab some screenshots and compare like this in order to notice the sharper texture.

• cp1dell likes this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 30 July 2016 - 01:57 PM

DSR is buggy on Windowed Borderless as it just tries to magnify the window with no success is what I think. It works here pretty well, even for the jaggies, but on Fullscreen. Seems to be something with Windowed Borderless. Except if you're on fullscreen in your case, _MK_ .

• cp1dell and Sweet Bellic like this

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 July 2016 - 03:30 PM Edited by cp1dell, 31 July 2016 - 02:19 AM.

I have tried other resolutions, and they give me the same result. Windowed mode forces the game into some weird resolution, and Fullscreen looks exactly the same. Jaggies everywhere.

That's the thing though, I can turn on MSAAx2 and MFAA and play at 1080p and the game looks sharp. Frame Scaling under Advanced Options works too at removing jaggies. Nvidia's DSR though is totally broken.

Which is strange, because a couple days ago it worked. In fullscreen it looked a little weird compared to using a factor like 4x DSR, but switching to Windowed Borderless fixed it. But DSR still worked, and it looked sharper and everything.

But now all of a sudden it's broken and I'm not sure why.

EDIT: Alright, well it's just Windowed Borderless that's broken now. Like, it doesn't even get upscaled/downscaled. I can crank the game up to 4k, even the VRAM bar increases - but in-game literally nothing happens. Performance stays exactly the same. IQ is exactly the same.

Switching to Fullscreen though and performance tanks at 4k like it should (on my 970), and the image is sharp and clear. Still, using the x1.78 factor (1440p downscaled to 1080p) looks horrible in Fullscreen even with FXAA. There are jaggies all over the UI and pause menu, and tons over the characters arms and hair. Like 1080p literally looks better because all those UI, pause menu, and arm and hair jaggies go away. I'm not sure what people are doing when they say the game looks great at 1440p downscaled to 1080p, because on my PC it doesn't. Only the whole number factors like x2, x3, and x4 look good.

EDIT2: I'm wondering, using factor 1.78 (1440p to 1080p) should I use the Smoothness setting? I usually keep it at 0% so it doesn't blur the picture.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users