Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA V and Steam [GIVEAWAY]

27,068 replies to this topic

Poll: Preorder month (849 member(s) have cast votes)

When will the preorder option on steam be available for GTA V PC?

1. November (12 votes [1.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.41%

2. December (139 votes [16.37%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.37%

3. January (567 votes [66.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 66.78%

4. other.. (131 votes [15.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:36 AM

Surely it won't be full price? 60 dollars a full year (and potentially a month or two over a year) after console release is pushing it. 

But hey, if we get all the Singleplayer content, I'd be fine with it. It's probably their intention, given the release date. 

• ayushisrocking likes this

Yogensia
  • Yogensia

Hobbyist Digital Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:37 AM Edited by Yogensia, 11 June 2014 - 10:38 AM.

If R* had any plans of creating their own online PC store app this would be right time for them to do so, and they already have the social component down, they only need the store and digital distribution, or in other words turn their social club into yet another Steam clone.

I'd still prefer to get the game on Steam though.

s-paco
  • s-paco

Still here.

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:46 AM Edited by s-paco, 11 June 2014 - 10:48 AM.

I'm expecting it to show up on steam for pre-order nearer to the release window. Makes a bit more sense than pushing it onto steam now without a definitive release date.

Also, I bet they won't want a repeat of the console version leak where the game was accidentally allowed for pre-loading. The game was all over pirate bay and other torrent sites at least a week before the actual release.

Pre-loading doesn't allow for leaks. No game that has ever had pre-loading enabled on STEAM has ever leaked because of it.

GTA V leaked on the console because some people had gotten a legal copy earlier and then someone uploaded the game to various torrent sites.

Surely it won't be full price? 60 dollars a full year (and potentially a month or two over a year) after console release is pushing it. 

But hey, if we get all the Singleplayer content, I'd be fine with it. It's probably their intention, given the release date. 

What reason do they have to not sell it at full price? Of course it will be full price, it's stil a new game for these platforms.

If R* had any plans of creating their own online PC store app this would be right time for them to do so, and they already have the social component down, they only need the store and digital distribution, or in other words turn their social club into yet another Steam clone.

I'd still prefer to get the game on Steam though.

Last thing i need on my PC is another sh*tty digital store. The only good competitor STEAM has is the GOG store, the rest doesn't do it as good.

• buzzbass and sivaG like this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:17 AM

What reason do they have to not sell it at full price? Of course it will be full price, it's still a new game for these platforms.

Uhm, no? 

It's still the exact same game, with many visual modifications and enhancements. Which are wonderful and all, but they don't justify full price on a game with the exact same vanilla content with the exact same vanilla experience. 

The game itself will be a year old by the time it comes out, new for PC or not. It does not justify full price. Did you see Metal Gear Rising come to Steam at its full price, literally a year after the devs expressed thoughts to make a PC version? No. 

The PS4 & Xbox One versions are "new". Okay, sure. "HD remasters" or whatever you'd like to call them. But the PC version is a game that kind of should've been there since the start. It's technically not a re-release. It just happens to be grouped with one. 

• vengeancehawk likes this

Cysiek
  • Cysiek

1+1=69

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:21 AM

I hope it will be on Steam

I f*cking hate GFWL... :sui:

They'll shut down GFWL on 1st July 2014

s-paco
  • s-paco

Still here.

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:27 AM

What reason do they have to not sell it at full price? Of course it will be full price, it's still a new game for these platforms.

Uhm, no? 

It's still the exact same game, with many visual modifications and enhancements. Which are wonderful and all, but they don't justify full price on a game with the exact same vanilla content with the exact same vanilla experience. 

The game itself will be a year old by the time it comes out, new for PC or not. It does not justify full price. Did you see Metal Gear Rising come to Steam at its full price, literally a year after the devs expressed thoughts to make a PC version? No. 

The PS4 & Xbox One versions are "new". Okay, sure. "HD remasters" or whatever you'd like to call them. But the PC version is a game that kind of should've been there since the start. It's technically not a re-release. It just happens to be grouped with one. 

Yet people are willing to pay the full price for it, so why would they not do it?

LeetSniperWolf
  • LeetSniperWolf

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:59 AM Edited by LeetSniperWolf, 11 June 2014 - 11:59 AM.

I dont think V is Steamworks game  :/ In trailer there is no Steam logo only PC. Dont want some 3rd party crap DRM.
V from Rockstar store is 59.99$(not available in my region)?  :v: I really hope its just physical copy and digital is cheaper.
Lets wait and see Steam pre ordering.

At the moment in Steam Midweek Madness is Rockstar games(except V). 

Seriously people, are you really so deaf for common sense around here? Its obvious that THIS game will be on Steam, heck it will have achievements and I bet even a pre-order and pre-load option as well. Didn't you learned nothing from the past Max Payne 3? GTA V was announced only merely "few hours ago" give it a max month or so and you will see your desired pre-order button on steam page.

gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

Why did I move here? I guess it was to bounce.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:22 PM

They'll shut down GFWL on 1st July 2014

Shutdown has seemingly been delayed. Microsoft has to give 30 days notice and they still haven't officially announced they are shutting it down. However, you'd know this if you actually read the first page.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:03 PM Edited by Xerukal, 11 June 2014 - 02:03 PM.

Yet people are willing to pay the full price for it, so why would they not do it?

Are they really? Have you checked? I haven't seen many topics of price going around GTAForums, or much of anywhere else. But history of late PC releases alone tells us that those releases usually come at a lowered price due to their late release being considered a delay rather than a re-release. Since there was nothing to re-release to begin with, because the game in question was never on PC.

And even if people are willing, it doesn't mean they like it or are okay with it. They just want to get the game like anyone else. Exploiting that has become commonplace, I know. Doesn't make it right.  

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:06 PM

Are they really? Have you checked? I haven't seen many topics of price going around GTAForums, or much of anywhere else. But history of late PC releases alone tells us that those releases usually come at a lowered price due to their late release being considered a delay rather than a re-release. Since there was nothing to re-release to begin with, because the game in question was never on PC.

And even if people are willing, it doesn't mean they like it or are okay with it. They just want to get the game like anyone else. Exploiting that has become commonplace, I know. Doesn't make it right.  

Well I preorder it from G2A for 35€
G2Play, Kinguin and probaly many others have it at around that price, probaly even cheaper

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:08 PM

I buy exclusively from Steam because I'm too much of a paranoid/insecure dickhead to go anywhere else. So a somewhat discounted pre-order would be nice. Then they can make it full price once it actually releases. Fair compromise, yeah?

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

Coded. Not stirred.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2014 [GTA V and Steam]

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:09 PM

I suppose I'm the minority of people who'd gladly pay $60 again for the game. (Hell, even more if they have some nice digital content for the game!)

• Spider-Vice and StefcioPL like this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:10 PM Edited by Xerukal, 11 June 2014 - 02:11 PM.

I suppose I'm the minority of people who'd gladly pay $60 again for the game. (Hell, even more if they have some nice digital content for the game!)

Oh, I'd gladly pay full price if it meant we got all the updates and such for SP. Depending on when the Story Mode DLC comes, they don't HAVE to include it with the PC version. I mean, it may come a bit later. So they could just put it on Steam as a separate DLC. 

But if we're getting all the in-game digital goodies. Like the updates, special edition content, collector's edition content and all that. I'd gladly pay 60 dollars (or in the case of most new releases here, 50

euros). 

Yes, the updates are free. But the fact that you don't have to download them separately and that they're integrated into the game is worth paying for in my eyes. This might mean that we'll get to see all the cars from the updates in traffic and in the world, rather than just your bloody garage, lol. 

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
  • Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:16 PM

If I recall correctly Watch_Dogs (new release) was €49,99 standard €59,99 special pre-purchase. I imagine GTA V won't be far from that.

• BlackScout likes this

Aleph-Zero
  • Aleph-Zero

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:19 PM

10% discount on pre-order would be cool. GTA IV had 10% off if i recall correctly.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:22 PM

Damn. People still buying the GTA IV collection. Third top seller. Imagine that. 

I should replay IV and EFLC before V's release. Would make me appreciate the optimization more, that's for sure. 

I don't think the Steam servers are ready for the V explosion. I'm prepared to see all of these light up in red as soon as the pre-orders hit http://steamstat.us/.

• DlZZEE, sivaG and DaRkL3AD3R like this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:30 PM Edited by RyanBurnsRed, 11 June 2014 - 05:27 PM.

Well I preorder it from G2A for 35€
G2Play, Kinguin and probaly many others have it at around that price, probaly even cheaper

Do you know any websites like that for the US?

I refuse to pay $60 for a year old game. I don't give a sh*t if it has more vegetation or better graphics and all that sh*t.

We know the PC version was made along side the PS3 and 360, and Rockstar purposely held it off to work on the next gen versions, ignoring the PC players, and keeping silent for more than half a year.

I feel like ranting, but I'll save it for now.

• Antaxi likes this

PerfectBlade
  • PerfectBlade

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:37 PM

It'll probably be like Max Payne 3. Steamworks support if you purchase it from Steam, Rockstar Social Club if you purchase it anywhere else -- that way you're not locked into Steam unless you want to.

What? Correct me if im wrong but...i purchased Max Payne 3 from steam and it uses Rockstar Social Club...or im missing something..:p

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:38 PM

Doesn't need to be Steamworks. Just put it on Steam. That's where I get all my games. 

Bing-f*cking-o.

All the people demanding Steamworks support are you guys serious? Expect achievements sure. But mod database and integration is a pipe dream at best. It'll never happen especially when the way modding changes files and would mean spilling over into Online, there's no chance it'll happen.
  • Antaxi likes this

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:40 PM

What single player content ?

I am sure the price at Retail will be around 40-50 EURO which is usually the price for PC games. Steam usually is a bit more expensive (see previous page for WD examples) so I don't bother with them.

To be honest, if they do Retail V at 60 bucks, Rockstar should be ashamed very ashamed. This IS a one year old game, nothing more and nothing less.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:44 PM

What single player content ?

I am sure the price at Retail will be around 40-50 EURO which is usually the price for PC games. Steam usually is a bit more expensive (see previous page for WD examples) so I don't bother with them.

To be honest, if they do Retail V at 60 bucks, Rockstar should be ashamed very ashamed. This IS a one year old game, nothing more and nothing less.

The pre-order bonuses, special and collector's edition content, as well as all of the updates being integrated within the game itself.

For example, vehicles added by the free updates do not seem to appear in the game world on consoles. They're just in your garage. Some are special vehicles that aren't supposed to, yes. But there are others that are just sports cars or cars that you would see anywhere. They should fix this for the PC & NG releases by adding spawn points or spawn frequency for the vehicles. When I think about it, I don't know if It'd be worth paying for completely. But it would be appreciated. 

However, this is something we could probably do anyway with mods. So I don't really know anymore. 

• theNGclan likes this

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

Coded. Not stirred.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2014 [GTA V and Steam]

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:50 PM Edited by theNGclan, 11 June 2014 - 02:53 PM.

Doesn't need to be Steamworks. Just put it on Steam. That's where I get all my games. 

Bing-f*cking-o.

All the people demanding Steamworks support are you guys serious? Expect achievements sure. But mod database and integration is a pipe dream at best. It'll never happen especially when the way modding changes files and would mean spilling over into Online, there's no chance it'll happen.

Achievements are Steamworks integration.

@Xerukal, the vehicles can be added to the population cycle and vehicle grouping with their own entries. So yes, they can be added as normal vehicles. :^:

• StefcioPL likes this

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:51 PM

^ Yeah these can be done with mods without sweat I would say, it's just a few vehicles. Not in any way shape or form justifies 60 bucks tbh.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:57 PM

Bing-f*cking-o.

Achievements are Steamworks integration.

@Xerukal, the vehicles can be added to the population cycle and vehicle grouping with their own entries. So yes, they can be added as normal vehicles. :^:

Steamworks is also about mods and that's what I assumed everyone was asking for.

I figured the Steamworks achievements implementation was a given since GFWL is dying in a month.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:58 PM Edited by Xerukal, 22 August 2014 - 10:31 AM.

Then I suppose we're left with Story DLC (or any other kind of paid DLC). This would depend on when they release, though. 

On the topic of Steamworks, I'd like partially-full integration, myself. If that makes sense. 

Stuff like cloud storage does not seem to be necessary for GTA Online (since player character info is stored on Rockstar's servers), but as far as I know, story mode does not have cloud saves. So having Steam cloud storage of SP saves would be great. 

The achievements as well, obviously. 

The big thing I want is trading cards. V is a really good game for those. Just imagine a big ass V badge on your profile with a fitting background. Come on. That'd be good.  

Everything else I don't really care about. I sure don't want VAC infesting Online. Heck no. Keep that thing out of games without dedicated servers, please. It works best in games that do have them. 

• theNGclan, sivaG and DaRkL3AD3R like this

RageDev
  • RageDev

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:01 PM

Are the G2A/G2Gaming GTA V Keys region locked?

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:02 PM

Everything you said Xerakul. Spot on.

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:05 PM Edited by DlZZEE, 11 June 2014 - 03:06 PM.

PC trailer from Steam

http://cdn.akamai.st.../movie_max.webm

pretty much the same but there's only "Coming to PC at the end"
  • BlackScout likes this

uJhatafart00
  • uJhatafart00

Zarrogante

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:10 PM

http://www.gamestop....t-auto-v/115461

http://www.gamestop....t-auto-v/115462

http://www.gamestop....t-auto-v/115457

Same price for all 3? Hope it won't be like that, seriously (gamestop pre-order is on their official site, so it could be legit)

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:10 PM Edited by Xerukal, 22 August 2014 - 10:32 AM.

PC trailer from Steam

http://cdn.akamai.st.../movie_max.webm

pretty much the same but there's only "Coming to PC at the end"

Good. We don't want the disgraceful PS4/Xbox One peasantry to disgrace our glorious Steam Store with their very names. Off with the filth! 

Spoiler

• Evan-KCR likes this