Quantcast

» «
Photo

Should R* add more cities with next gen?

41 replies to this topic

Poll: Should R* add more cities with next gen? (120 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Rockstar add more cities to GTA Online?

1. Yes. (101 votes [84.17%])

Percentage of vote: 84.17%

2. No. (19 votes [15.83%])

Percentage of vote: 15.83%

Should they only be available for next gen and PC?

1. Yes. (53 votes [44.17%])

Percentage of vote: 44.17%

2. No. (67 votes [55.83%])

Percentage of vote: 55.83%

Should they be available for last gen as well?

1. Yes. (67 votes [55.83%])

Percentage of vote: 55.83%

2. No. (53 votes [44.17%])

Percentage of vote: 44.17%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Shake 'N Bake
  • Shake 'N Bake

AlexSniperBullet exterminator.

• BUSTED!
  • Vatican-City

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:51 PM Edited by Shake 'N Bake, 10 June 2014 - 03:54 PM.

Do you guys thing that Rockstar should make it where they add more and more cities from the GTA universe?

I remember reading something on the support page that Brain B. said the only reason we aren't supposed to go to North Yankton is because rendering the whole map plus North Yankton was to stressful for the PS3 and Xbox 360. Now that we are upgrading would you like to see other cities added? Even if they are their own separate lobbies and you can only talk and see players in the same city as you?

What do you guys think and what other cities would you like to see added?

Xyn
  • Xyn

Wɇ Diɇ Alonɇ

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Respected 2014

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:59 PM

They're not adding a new city... they may add IV's Liberty City but I can't see them spending the resources to make a new city with the same level of detail....unless there's a neat $40 price tag right next to it.

• Nomad0202, SPEEDSTER0595 and Fluffy Apple like this

SirFiras47
  • SirFiras47

Sarcastic

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:03 PM

Should they add a new city? Yes

Would they add a new city? No

• JohnWeazel likes this

GTA-Freak-Vi
  • GTA-Freak-Vi

~

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:06 PM

They will be expanding GTA Online to more cities but its not gonna happen any time soon, I'm hoping for VC

Should they be available to next gen and PC? No way cause that's bullsh*t

KiTTYReCkless
  • KiTTYReCkless

CEO of Wal-Mart

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:23 PM

Hopefully Yankton will be fully explorable this time around. It would not take much to finish it. Maybe add an airport and more mountains as well as  infinite fields of snow and make it land locked. Once you cross so far you'll go into a blizzard and eventually hit a death barrier. Majority of the map is there and it would not take much to tack on an Airport and fill in the soft spots.

Other than NY, San Fierro and Las Venturas would be great additions to fully complete San Andreas. After those I would rather see a new city. Not Liberty either. Place is boring unless they add a country side and VC deserve it's own game.

Ravey Davey
  • Ravey Davey

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:13 PM

I don't think we'll see a new city until GTA 6 comes out, then we'll get whatever city that's based in. Having said that, it might be relatively easy to add Liberty City from GTA4 and North Yankton seeing as they're already 'built'.
  • sebcreed likes this

Shake 'N Bake
  • Shake 'N Bake

AlexSniperBullet exterminator.

• BUSTED!
  • Vatican-City

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:06 PM

Hopefully Yankton will be fully explorable this time around. It would not take much to finish it. Maybe add an airport and more mountains as well as  infinite fields of snow and make it land locked. Once you cross so far you'll go into a blizzard and eventually hit a death barrier. Majority of the map is there and it would not take much to tack on an Airport and fill in the soft spots.

Other than NY, San Fierro and Las Venturas would be great additions to fully complete San Andreas. After those I would rather see a new city. Not Liberty either. Place is boring unless they add a country side and VC deserve it's own game.

The bit about North Yankton I agree 100%, its already a part of gta 5, they just need to finis it.

I don't even care if they charge for NY or any other map. In my eyes they are creating a new game and giving it to us for a fee. $20 for a new world to explore and have fun in is worth every penny in my eyes.

• Grimase likes this

JordCorner
  • JordCorner

Smoke Show

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:09 PM

I really don't see them doing that. It'd be a waste of resources. They don't need to do it, and the game really doesn't need it.

therealtak
  • therealtak

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:09 PM Edited by therealtak, 10 June 2014 - 06:10 PM.

Not sure why you asked the same question twice...even more confused why they have different results...

• tjor24, ScumbagDCooper, godziller and 1 other like this

Commander S
  • Commander S

So say we all

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:06 PM

On the one hand, considering that R* mentioned their long-term plans including new locations before ever even hinting about a move to next-gen/PC, the logical implication would be that said new locations would be coming to the two original consoles. That, and next-gen-only content's a bad idea for a game that currently (and will probably for quite some time yet) have a dedicated user-base on previous-gen consoles - you don't get far by splitting your audience and marginalising certain slices of it.

On the other, expanding the reach of GTAV/O was always going to be a tall order, considering how much of test of the previous-gen hardware the GTAV world map already is (particularly online, where much of the dynamic elements and scenery have been stripped away or cut entirely, and things like draw-distance suffer noticeably). If anything would facilitate expanding the map, it'd be a move to more powerful platforms (high-end gaming PCs will eat that stuff alive...) - so yeah, I think it's more possible than ever. when you add the fact that GTAO's life-expectancy has been boosted by moving to newer consoles still at the start of this newly-minted generation.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:10 PM

If they add more cities you'd never see anyone.  Unless you specifically go to other players you can play for hours and not be anywhere near them.  This obviously doesn't apply to LSC sluts, but they wouldn't want more cities anyway.  Why should their penis growth fodder have even more places to avoid them?

Incidentally, the poll doesn't make sense if you say "no" to the first question.

EJTexasMade
  • EJTexasMade

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:10 PM Edited by EJTexasMade, 10 June 2014 - 08:10 PM.

Is this really necessary? Next can we make a poll to ask crackheads if they'd like some free crack? I know, we can ask poor people if they want free money! Imagine all of the opportunities for polls.

• xskinzcity likes this

Epsilon_Program
  • Epsilon_Program

KIFFLOM

• Members
  • Fiji

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:15 PM

Cities? No. Deserts and forest areas/off-road terrain? Yes.

• djdest likes this

sebcreed
  • sebcreed

-: Pro Heister :-

• Members
  • Olympics
  • Best Event 2014 [Van Society Meets]

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:30 PM

According to this article: http://www.totalxbox...ding-old-stuff/ , and a few others, GTAO should be ever expanding. It only makes sence to launch it for the new gen consoles now if they decide, and they will, to come out with gta6 on xbone and ps4.

I think we will be able to use the airport to fly from city to city when gta 6 comes out.

As for the pole, I didn't participate because it is outdated and doesn't make sence. New cities will be added.

• Grimase likes this

A Northern German
  • A Northern German

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:41 PM

Sure. I hope they'll add San Fierro or Las Venturas + countryside this year on current gen (PS4 & Xbone) consoles. Just wishful thinking, I doubt this will happen.

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:16 PM

They should and they will.

GTAO is a different thing, it isn't GTA V. So, it is more than likely it will carry over to the next GTA. A new GTA that uses GTAO means a new city.

Spoiler

• sebcreed likes this

godziller
  • godziller

Playa

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:19 PM

Las Venturas!
  • DIEXEL likes this

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:24 PM

Should = Yes

Are they? Probably not

And it'd be a assh*le move if they end up adding more than just environment enhancements in the game, I'd love it don't get me wrong, but that will definitely piss off some people who can't get their hands on it and are stuck with the original.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:26 PM

Lmao they're definitely not adding a new city, regardless of what they said.

Themonsterhunter
  • Themonsterhunter

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:26 PM

I'm pretty sure they'll add a new city at some point in GTA:O. They might put it for PS3 and XBox, but if they don't then I wouldn't mind.

V HoneyBadger V
  • V HoneyBadger V

Ratel

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:32 PM

Why wouldn't you want new areas? A city would be cool, especially if it had a massive road to drive along to get to it.
The poll should be changed so there is only the first question, with three options:
- Yes
- Hell Yes
- Oh my God YESSSS!!!!
  • mareepx likes this

Nomad0202
  • Nomad0202

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:44 PM

No they will not add new cities to GTA5. How long did this one take to create? Development started in 08/09. Some posts seem to imply R* can knock one up in a few weeks. Yes, there will be a new city, GTA 6.

V HoneyBadger V
  • V HoneyBadger V

Ratel

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:57 PM

No they will not add new cities to GTA5. How long did this one take to create? Development started in 08/09. Some posts seem to imply R* can knock one up in a few weeks. Yes, there will be a new city, GTA 6.

The thread is about "should" they add new cities, not if they can/will add new cities. You don't work for Rockstar, therefor you cannot possibly know. They are more likely to add areas than not, considering this was mentioned by the CEO before release.

mareepx
  • mareepx

GTAF's Jennifer Lawrence fanboy

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:01 PM

The thread is about "should" they add new cities, not if they can/will add new cities. You don't work for Rockstar, therefor you cannot possibly know. They are more likely to add areas than not, considering this was mentioned by the CEO before release.

R* could easily touch up Liberty City

Darth_Rob
  • Darth_Rob

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:01 PM

From an Interview with R* prez last August:

"What scope have you got for expanding beyond the locations we're seeing already?

Well, one thing we've toyed with - and we've talked about this before, so it isn't a spoiler - is (the ambition) to grow this world until it's the world. We're just going to add on new things to it, new places all the time. We've set this up so there are no limitations. The only limitation is the size of the disc and how much memory we've got. We could, if we wanted, simulate the entire world, different countries, whatever. Whether we do that or not... But we've got a bunch of old stuff that we're toying with using."

The phrase "Bunch of old stuff" suggests Liberty City, but who knows?

http://www.computera...-on-gta-online/

• Zorvaine and Shake 'N Bake like this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:06 PM

419083_323658941006702_1184894617_n.jpg

I imagine they will in the future, but they'll have more pressing things to worry about at first.  As far as I know the plan is for GTAO to keep moving and keep up with technology, so there will come a time when a PS3/Xbox360 can't keep up with it, and then there'll come a time when a PS4/XboxOne can't keep up with it.  If they stick to what they've said, anyway.

Adding more area to the map would be dumb unless they can add more players to the sessions.  Sure, you could get a plane to a different city and that could be a different session, but do you really want to have to keep leaving and rejoining just to stay in sessions with friends and crew?  There's a massive amount of technical reasons why it's simply not possible at the moment.  So in the future, yes, but not for a long time if they want to keep people interested.

V HoneyBadger V
  • V HoneyBadger V

Ratel

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:13 PM

419083_323658941006702_1184894617_n.jpg

I imagine they will in the future, but they'll have more pressing things to worry about at first.  As far as I know the plan is for GTAO to keep moving and keep up with technology, so there will come a time when a PS3/Xbox360 can't keep up with it, and then there'll come a time when a PS4/XboxOne can't keep up with it.  If they stick to what they've said, anyway.

Adding more area to the map would be dumb unless they can add more players to the sessions.  Sure, you could get a plane to a different city and that could be a different session, but do you really want to have to keep leaving and rejoining just to stay in sessions with friends and crew?  There's a massive amount of technical reasons why it's simply not possible at the moment.  So in the future, yes, but not for a long time if they want to keep people interested.
Loving the subtle meme usage.

I see your reasons, but Rockstar have plenty of things hidden. No one knew for sure about PC and next gen release, but they came out suddenly and revealed that. The apparent lack of content is so that we don't exhaust all of the fun right away. The game is good enough as it is, but they want to prolong it as much as possible.
I would put money on the fact that Rockstar have plenty of surprises for us in the near future.

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

Night Light OutlawS MC President

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:04 AM Edited by ivarblaauw, 11 June 2014 - 05:08 AM.

For what I found, I am 99% sure GTA V and Online will be expanded with at least Northern San Andreas. Hell, its even partially included in official gta V artwork.

Also the game is specifically in Southern San Andreas, when there is a south there must be a north too. Rockstar atleast wants to finish this state before moving on.

And yes there will be new cities because they f*cking confirmed it.
  • Zorvaine likes this

Sanjiswaytocool
  • Sanjiswaytocool

Work-a-holic

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:44 AM

The only thing I can see them adding in the future would be North Yankton & Liberty City (Both touched up & up to date). But honestly? No. 

Kinda OffTopic: Regarding to the post above speaking on the "world of GTA Online expanding" I think they're on track with that statement. My bet is that they stick with RAGE, and focus on the map/story/content for the next games to come. IMO this so called "World" might actually come to life. NY/LC can easily be added to the mix as new areas (Through a choice/Airport leading to a loading screen). But maybe we won't see this until the next game & map comes out. Ala, GTA 6 takes place in (Insert City Here) but you can revisit LS/NY/LC that can be downloaded via Marketplace/PSN.

But this takes up a massive amount of resources. PC can surely handle this...but I wonder if X1/PS4 can?

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

Night Light OutlawS MC President

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:56 AM Edited by ivarblaauw, 11 June 2014 - 05:59 AM.

The only thing I can see them adding in the future would be North Yankton & Liberty City (Both touched up & up to date). But honestly? No. 

Kinda OffTopic: Regarding to the post above speaking on the "world of GTA Online expanding" I think they're on track with that statement. My bet is that they stick with RAGE, and focus on the map/story/content for the next games to come. IMO this so called "World" might actually come to life. NY/LC can easily be added to the mix as new areas (Through a choice/Airport leading to a loading screen). But maybe we won't see this until the next game & map comes out. Ala, GTA 6 takes place in (Insert City Here) but you can revisit LS/NY/LC that can be downloaded via Marketplace/PSN.

But this takes up a massive amount of resources. PC can surely handle this...but I wonder if X1/PS4 can?

Uhh if they want, the 360/3 can handle it, however barely.
the xbox one and PS4 are 16x stronger/better than the previous generation consoles, they don't have to make any cuts here.

Also, Rockstar isn't pushing the boundaries in GTA V Next Gen. They could easily create a map the size of Europe if they wanted too. Hell look at The Crew. That game has the entire (scaled down) USA in it. 
GTA doesn't need a map that size, but they could easily create Northern San Andreas without a performance hit. 
If other cities are added which are only accessible by Airport, then they can expand indefinitely.

Also Rockstar wants to expand GTA forever. Including new cities, maps and missions all the time. The map right now just isn't enough to have people play the game for another two years. To let the game stay interesting they NEED to expand the map. 
Also it is a continuous stream of money for R*, they are not going to give that away. They are going to expand GTA Online (and V) with new maps, cities and missions for a long time. So people actually stay and play the game, which gives Rockstar a steady stream of money.

Even if you are against it. (or not, I dunno) it is the smartest business move they could do. Release GTA V: Northern San Andreas (or something similar) and sell it for $30/$40. 

They could do this forever if they want and players will make R* more and more money.

Why let a successful business model bleed too dead?

and also:
ROCKSTAR CONFIRMED IT

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users