Quantcast

Jump to content

» «
Photo

Will the PC version be your very first dive into GTA V?

133 replies to this topic

Poll: Will the PC version be your very first dive into GTA V? (606 member(s) have cast votes)

Will the PC version be your very first dive into GTA V?

  1. No, I have GTA V on my PS3/X360 (272 votes [44.96%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 44.96%

  2. Somewhat, I don't own GTA V but have played it at a friend's house or other events (60 votes [9.92%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 9.92%

  3. Yes, I have a PS3/X360 but waited for the PC version, and never played it anywhere else (20 votes [3.31%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 3.31%

  4. Yes, I only have a PC so waited for the PC version, and never played it anywhere else (243 votes [40.17%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 40.17%

  5. Yes, and will go the extra mile: will wait until few months after release before buying it, to play it with decent quality mods from the very beginning (10 votes [1.65%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 1.65%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Jociz
  • Jociz

    Im earshing for a profile pic

  • Members
  • Joined: 26 Dec 2014
  • Morocco

#121

Posted 26 December 2014 - 02:12 AM

Never played it. Just watched some videos of it of people walking aroid and do stuf, but never watched any mission,so im fresh to go hehe
  • Zeta87 and ItsJustMeSrsly like this

Eurotrash
  • Eurotrash

    Playa

  • BUSTED!
  • Joined: 30 Nov 2014
  • Romania

#122

Posted 26 December 2014 - 08:27 PM Edited by Eurotrash, 26 December 2014 - 08:29 PM.

I've played it on the old and new gen consoles several times. But yeah this would be the first time I actually played it on a platform I own.

 

Won't pre-order, simply because:

 

1. I have nothing significant to gain from it (pff $1.000.000 in-game cash, you make twice that before even unlocking all the characters)

2. Because given Rockstar's history with PC games, there's a 95% chance I'll get burned (5% being the ray of light that came with Max Payne 3).

3. Because pre-ordering is for suckers. Seriously, why is everybody so eager to feed the fat cats before they even get to pet the kittens? I don't get it.

 

As for buying, haven't made up my mind yet. The deal breaker would be being able to (somehow) obtain the old-gen loyalty rewards even if I don't own an old-gen console or GTA V for an old-gen console. If I'm not able to, I'm essentially getting punished for being a PC gamer not being a console gamer.

 

I'll definitely play it though. Not like there's anything else on the horizon as far as sandbox games go :p


andersona7x6661
  • andersona7x6661

    Square Civilian

  • BUSTED!
  • Joined: 02 Jul 2014
  • Brazil

#123

Posted 28 December 2014 - 09:48 PM

Two weeks before pc release i will earn a ps3..... so,no.

REDDICE0818
  • REDDICE0818

    Trick

  • Members
  • Joined: 27 Dec 2014
  • United-States

#124

Posted 28 December 2014 - 10:21 PM

I bought it the day it was released on PS3 then decided to build a PC when they announced the new releases. Multiplayer was the only thing that kept my playing GTAV for over a year. I finished my PC about 2 months ago and sold my PS3 last month. Though I could go 2 whole months without GTA Online but I'm miserable without it and I'm only half way through. 

 


I did have it on 360 until it was impossible to play because of how ugly it looked. Sold it all, my body is ready for PC

Are you really that spoiled for graphics?


Coolstream
  • Coolstream

    Superfly

  • Members
  • Joined: 25 Jul 2011
  • Norway

#125

Posted 29 December 2014 - 01:34 AM Edited by Coolstream, 29 December 2014 - 01:35 AM.

 

I did have it on 360 until it was impossible to play because of how ugly it looked. Sold it all, my body is ready for PC

 

Are you really that spoiled for graphics?

 

Are you really calling people spoiled because they don't want a constant 20FPS and the most unbelievable amount of aliasing?

 

The game is running on a decade old hardware and it's really showing.


MythAlex
  • MythAlex

    May the Force be with you!

  • Members
  • Joined: 07 May 2013
  • European-Union

#126

Posted 29 December 2014 - 01:38 AM Edited by MythAlex, 29 December 2014 - 01:39 AM.

PC version to be my first dive into GTA V? Hell, no:

 

I decided to buy the game on 1st of June this year because I thought the PC version won't become real. And after 9 days (on 10th of June), the game was confirmed for PC. I was like: "WTF? I spend 50 bucks for it to buy it again on PC.... Oh, well..... Life isn't fair... I must go on."

 

So I played it and finished its storyline. I was kinda disappointed by the story, but the rest is cool. I never touched GTA Online, because I don't play multiplayer on consoles. I am mainly a PC gamer.

 

So this is my story. Now I'm waiting for the master race version, the PC version of it. I want better graphics, 60 FPS and playing with my mouse in multiplayer  :lol:


seavord
  • seavord

    I Am The Ape King!

  • Members
  • Joined: 15 Aug 2014
  • United-Kingdom

#127

Posted 29 December 2014 - 11:42 AM

completed it on ps3 sold it after my friends moved onto ps4 so im just waiting for pc now so i can convert them over to the superior platform to play on


one55
  • one55

    Nigguh!

  • Members
  • Joined: 27 Aug 2013
  • Scotland

#128

Posted 29 December 2014 - 12:56 PM

nope. this will be the 3rd platform i play it on (ps3 > ps4 > pc) and 5th time playing through it.


berlad26
  • berlad26

    Player Hater

  • Members
  • Joined: 04 May 2013
  • Israel

#129

Posted 29 December 2014 - 02:54 PM

Yes. I purposely waited to the pc version simply because I believe pc is the best platform to play the game. I have xbox360 but don't like consoles that much. if there's a pc version of any game i'd rather it over a console version. 

 

 I don't know any storyline. I only watched a few free roaming videos to see how the game looks. and i'm very excited. 

  • ItsJustMeSrsly likes this

ItsJustMeSrsly
  • ItsJustMeSrsly

    Homie

  • Members
  • Joined: 04 Nov 2014
  • Unknown

#130

Posted 29 December 2014 - 03:14 PM

Yes. I purposely waited to the pc version simply because I believe pc is the best platform to play the game. I have xbox360 but don't like consoles that much. if there's a pc version of any game i'd rather it over a console version. 

 

 I don't know any storyline. I only watched a few free roaming videos to see how the game looks. and i'm very excited. 

 

I guess that makes two of us!...now not to say that i didn't spoil anything story related, i guess i did no matter how hard i tried not to, but all of that is due to an accident and not intentionally! But as for the rest of free roaming stuff, especially gta online stuff i never hesitated to watch those as they give basic idea of what to expect from the game (regardless of the version PC, console, handheld or whatever...)...


Rainy Day
  • Rainy Day

    There's 2 kinds of pain....

  • Members
  • Joined: 28 Aug 2013
  • Dominican-Republic

#131

Posted 31 December 2014 - 07:17 PM

I played it for like 30 minutes when it came out for PS3, been waiting for a PC release since then.


Atheist1987
  • Atheist1987

    Player Hater

  • New Members
  • Joined: 29 Dec 2014
  • United-States

#132

Posted 31 December 2014 - 08:33 PM

This will be my first time. I also waited with GTA IV.

 

I have all the consoles except the Xbone.

 

I didn't want to spoil the game playing on a console with crappy controls, low FPS, bad graphics and I didn't want to give into Rockstar's BS tactics.  Surely, a company with that much resources can afford to release the PC version at the same time they release the console versions. 95% of developers and publishers (big and small) do that and they do just fine financially.

 

 There is just no excuse.  Rockstar is not Brokestar.

 

I don't believe a single conspiracy theory out there but the one I do believe in is that MS and Sony have an timed exclusive partnership with Rockstar. The partnership runs very deep since the GTA IV port was and still is a mess and I have only finished the GTA IV a couple of months ago after all these years. And that was only because I was able to output a 4K resolution with my GTA 980 which actually made the game look and run better.


IAMTHEONEANDONLY
  • IAMTHEONEANDONLY

    Player Hater

  • Members
  • Joined: 31 Dec 2014
  • United-States

#133

Posted 01 January 2015 - 06:16 AM

Yes it'll be my first dive into it, but sadly it'll probably be a couple weeks or months until I get to play it, and I only own PC, and it probably will run ok on mine but run like sh*t in multiplayer. And the release date is the day before my birthday, too, :/.

Firewood B B
  • Firewood B B

    Player Hater

  • Members
  • Joined: 29 Dec 2014
  • Netherlands

#134

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:10 PM

Never played on PS3/PS4/360 or XB1, Watched the trailers and one leaked video after that I didn't really care much.
 





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users