» «

Mouse not working at all.

4 replies to this topic
  • syrdax

Serial gamer

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:04 PM

So I decided to reinstall GTA IV and EFLC. After a few problems with the game not running (downloading patch fixed) I started a new game but the mouse doesn't work, I can't move it at all.

I tried changing compatibility to XP SP2 and SP3 but mouse won't work.

I have now Windows 7 but I remember that I played the game a few years ago with Win7. 

If needed: Windows 7 64b; i7930, 6Gb ram, GTX460 vga. (I've played the game with this hardware which I bought just to play the game :D)

Thanks for any help.

• Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:30 PM

I'll ask the obvious question first - do you have any controllers plugged in? If yes, remove them.

• syrdax

Serial gamer

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:55 PM

Yeah thought about it too but no, I don't have any controller connected.

• VapeMaster

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Ireland

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:53 AM

I'm getting the very same problem, just re-installed the game and any fix would be appreciated as I can't do anything except drive with some difficulty. Another issue I experience is extreme lag and stuttering. I have more than adequate specs (I think?) but in the graphics section of the menu I'm given the warning to say that the required memory is very close or higher than your available memory. Memory required by the game is 1132 MB, I have 3362 MB available to me. Again, any help is much appreciated.

Cheers, Vape

• KBG

• Members
  • India

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:56 AM

Create a new notepad file in the root directory of GTA IV, where the Launcher is. Name it 'commandline.txt' (exclude tags). Now open the file and write like this-

Now save the file and run the game. Hope this helps. :^:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users