Why can't we buy a Fighter Jet?

72 replies to this topic
I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:41 PM

You can pay 5 grand for a fighter jet. Simply call Lester, enable cops ignore you, fly right into the military base and take your pic of fighter jets. Simple and easy.

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Die Hard is a Christmas movie

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:52 PM

Lemme ask you this GankThis110, why must I go all the way to the fort and steal a jet when a player can just phone Pegasus to get a tank? Tanks don't pay insurance on PVs either so the whole insurance issue cancels each other out. Plus majority of tanks are found in the city which is a pretty far distance to the jets.

But I don't see how jet grieving is any different to tank grieving, just jet grieving more difficult to accomplish. If jets do become available, obviously everyone is going to buy one and you will see an influx of them until the novelty wears off. Then it will be just like the tanks, you will find one or two here and there.

If we compare the two vehicles, the tank is slow yet it has a lot of armor, a jet is fast yet it feels like it's made of wood. With the one, you need some experience in controlling while the other you don't.

Just because the playerbase prefer tanks over jets I don't see why the pilots of the game have to suffer the onslaught of tanks when they could easily retaliate. My posting was not pointed much towards grieving. That just happens and not much you can do about it. But pointed more towards a counter-attack against tanks rather. But we may not agree on the grieving part which I'm perfectly happy with, I just don't see it being worse than what tanks are today.

You act like stealing a jet is a big deal, if anything its too easy. A jet is just a much worse griefing tool. A lot of people suck with it because its not available at the palm of your hand. Make it purchasable and easy to acquire and people will get decent with it. A twanker is easily disposed of by a decent pilot or someone else in a tank.

At this point though I think we should just agree to disagree because we are just going in circles.

DaTwista
  • DaTwista

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:58 PM Edited by DaTwista, 10 June 2014 - 07:59 PM.

Tankers have the convenience of buying a tank for I think 1.5 million and have it delivered to the nearest location.

Pilots have to go out their way and travel to the fort to get a jet. Not concerned about the difficulty of the actual fort.

Logic doesn't seem right.

"At this point though I think we should just agree to disagree because we are just going in circles." - Sure :)

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:39 PM

People want to grief others, that is what Free roam is all about these days - why do you want to take that away? Jets and tanks are available from the fort but you need a cargobob to get a tank out. Other than glitches, the cargobob is not purchasable either.

Removing tanks from pegasus is not removing the problem, they are still available online just harder to get hold of.

My point is, if tanks are readily available from pegasus, so should jets be.

Sorry, I missed this earlier.

To precisely point out the problem, it's actually the Saturation of tanks that's an issue. And the saturation comes from them being readily available with one call to Pegasus. And even if that's destroyed, there's no wait period for when you can spawn another.

They are almost TOO readily available. It's this endless fountain of tanks. The point I was making about removing it from Pegasus is not that it eliminates tanks completely, but that it cuts down on that steady stream of "lemme get a tank.... Ok lemme get another... Ok lemme get another." If you gotta drive all the way up to the base, possibly call Lester for the $5000 blind eye, then drive all the way back, more than likely that will lower the chances if you seeing a tank every 5 min.

I have nothing against jets by themselves. But in terms of the dynamic involving player mentality in a free roam open session, it's definitely NOT a healthy addition to the current situation.

The Byzantine Empire
  • The Byzantine Empire

Wolqolqoqoqk

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:22 PM

it's way too powerful

Only the skilled players can handle it and use it effectively. it is not OP.

But my real question is, Why we can't buy or drive a Boeing 747 Airliner in GTA Online?

Muse182
  • Muse182

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:28 PM

Stupid to say and it's pretty obvious it's not the reason but it would render the military base almost completely useless. I feel the only reason it is there, is to get a jet.

Godovermoney
  • Godovermoney

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:39 PM

I would love to own a jet. But why not have a weapon that can lock on to a tank, or an aircraft like a FGM-148 Javelin? I usually get a tank to destroy another tank, but I would rather drop a couple of these on a tank and be done with it. Tanks are way OPed.

Skylan
  • Skylan

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:45 PM

I would love to own a jet. But why not have a weapon that can lock on to a tank, or an aircraft like a FGM-148 Javelin? I usually get a tank to destroy another tank, but I would rather drop a couple of these on a tank and be done with it. Tanks are way OPed.

Better yet, make the Airstrike a one-hit kill on Tanks, and give it an easier delivery than throwing a f*cking flare, which you can't even throw very far. Maybe a tracker delivered via sniper?

• Godovermoney likes this

Godovermoney
  • Godovermoney

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:47 PM

Or to make it more fair for the tank, a laser system that has to be held on the vehicle. And yes I know you will think I'm crazy for saying be fair to the tank, but if that were to happen the prowess of having a tank would be a thing of the past.

LogScottWood
  • LogScottWood

The People's Favourite

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:23 PM

Because you touch yourself at night.

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States